• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

darkside

Oct 26, 2017
Went to use Game Pass for PC for the first time ever (have only been using it for console but got a new laptop during Black Friday) and it straight up doesn't work. Getting the we encountered an error message that has been going on for a bit now and theres simply no fix, theres barely any acknowledgment of the issue. This sucks.

Vico

Jan 3, 2018
Went to use Game Pass for PC for the first time ever (have only been using it for console but got a new laptop during Black Friday) and it straight up doesn't work. Getting the we encountered an error message that has been going on for a bit now and theres simply no fix, theres barely any acknowledgment of the issue. This sucks.

I'm assuming you're using the Microsoft Store? Because there is a specific Xbox Game Pass app. Should work over there.

Deleted member 511

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Hope it's okay that I post this here. Cool interview and Sarah doesn't get a lot of exposure despite her role in helping to build up gamepass.

alphacat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017

i have it too. Super frustrating

you can install/download games through the microsoft store and view/play your game list via the xbox companion app.

not the most ideal solution but it's better than relying on the xbox app in its current state

Oct 25, 2017
Can someone explain why Doom Eternal's campaign mode is an add-on to the Battlemode and not the other way around? I'm using GP Ultimate on PC.

I'm also having the error where my sub won't load on PC for *some* games but not others. I'm just going to assume that that will resolve itself soon.

Loveless

Oct 27, 2017
Just a question, so how does the Ultimate upgrade work? I see it's for a $1, and the first "warning" I get is, it only covers 36 months if you had that long of a subscription, and anything over would be void. But after that, I get this
"We'll charge you $1.00 plus applicable taxes for the first month, 2 months free, and $14.99 plus applicable taxes every month after that. You'll be notified before any price changes", so does it charge $15 after 3 months and my 24 months that I had already are gone?

eek

Oct 26, 2017
Just a question, so how does the Ultimate upgrade work? I see it's for a $1, and the first "warning" I get is, it only covers 36 months if you had that long of a subscription, and anything over would be void. But after that, I get this
"We'll charge you $1.00 plus applicable taxes for the first month, 2 months free, and $14.99 plus applicable taxes every month after that. You'll be notified before any price changes", so does it charge $15 after 3 months and my 24 months that I had already are gone?
It converts any months you have to GPU so you won't get billed until your subscription ends.

You can also turn off auto-pay in recurring subscriptions section so that your GPU just ends when it expires.

Munroe

May 17, 2019
Started fallen order on game pass and I'm really digging it, it was a game I never would have bought otherwise too.

Yeah I really enjoyed it too, a few annoying bugs/glitches but generally fine. 1000/1000 achievements too. I enjoyed the Dark Souls lite elements in it and how combat played out.

Are there any other games with DS lite elements?

Deleted member 59

I'm really enjoying Darksiders Genesis. The series as a whole is a guilty pleasure of mine but i was concerned i wouldn't like this due to the camera/genre shift, but it works really really well.

This will hopefully keep me busy until Christmas. I'm moving house on 18th Dec and i won't have internet until 9th jan so I'm gonna download stuff in advance most notably skyrim and gears 5 dlc.

bytesized

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Amsterdam
Well, starting to understand Gamepass business model as I am pretty sure I'll have to buy Pathologic 2 once it leaves gamepass because it is amazing and I must own it.

Apr 24, 2018
Just want to shout out to everyone in this thread that recommended Alan Wake in this thread. I'm nearly 3 chapters in and the game is fantastic! Haven't felt this creeped out by a game since the first time I played Resident Evil 4!

flyinj

Oct 25, 2017
Well, starting to understand Gamepass business model as I am pretty sure I'll have to buy Pathologic 2 once it leaves gamepass because it is amazing and I must own it.

I would definitely recommend buying it anywhere than the MS Store.

Check out this thread:

www.resetera.com

Gamepass PC is a ticking time bomb that results in permanently lost HDD/SSD space unless you nuke windows Microsoft - PC - Tech

EDIT: Also, almost all games that can't be uninstalled can not be reinstalled again even if you somehow manage to delete their data making that game completely unplayable. I had an issue with Wasteland 3 not being able to install about 4 months ago. What happened was I had the game installed...

Many people I that thread reported that not only Gamepass games, but games they have purchased have this issue.

There is a chance that any game bought on MS Store can break at any moment, and the only way to play it again is to format the drive it was on and reinstall windows.

Navidson REC

Oct 31, 2017
Just want to shout out to everyone in this thread that recommended Alan Wake in this thread. I'm nearly 3 chapters in and the game is fantastic! Haven't felt this creeped out by a game since the first time I played Resident Evil 4!
Really glad to read this! IIRC chapter 4 was my favorite, so good stuff ahead for you!

I should really replay these games.

Pankratous

Oct 26, 2017
Just tried xCloud on my phone for the first time. It's late at night so I have no intention of actually playing a game, but I wanted to see how it worked.

I watched the entire opening cutscene and then walked around my bedroom in Tell Me Why, with absolutely ZERO hitches or lag. No skipping. No stopping to load. Honestly, seriously impressed.

And despite topping out at 720p, since it's on a phone screen it still looks pretty good.

Munroe

May 17, 2019

Like most Remedy games, they seem to be Marmite. There's strong opinions either way.

Personally I really like Alan Wake and the story ( don't want to say much in case it spoils it) I'm currently playing through Control and I'm really enjoying that too but people will downright really dislike the game ( same with AW).

I've been meaning to finish off Quantum Break but was enjoying that too. I like how Remedy will try something new or weird in their story telling

viandante

Apr 24, 2020
the games that i've been most excited for on gamepass (PC) have been moderately-severely bugged in some way. bums me out.

but hey, at least the service is working, sounds like some people aren't even getting that.

wartime

Oct 27, 2017
Washington DC
Played through Call of the Sea over the last couple of days. An enjoyable experience that I probably wouldn't have played if it had not been on Game Pass. Interesting story/setting with puzzles that were a good level of challenge (didn't instantly get them, but never got frustrated enough to go to a guide).

padlock

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Played through Call of the Sea over the last couple of days. An enjoyable experience that I probably wouldn't have played if it had not been on Game Pass. Interesting story/setting with puzzles that were a good level of challenge (didn't instantly get them, but never got frustrated enough to go to a guide).
I just reached chapter 5, and have really enjoyed it so far. Absolutely a joy to play.

flyinj

Oct 25, 2017
Is PC Gamepass working for anyone right now? Clicking on every one of my installed games brings me to a "subscribe to Gamepass" page.

Tons of people on Reddit have the issue as well. Looks like it has been going on all day?

Arctic Chris

Dec 5, 2017
Ottawa Canada
I just reached chapter 5, and have really enjoyed it so far. Absolutely a joy to play.
I just finished Call of the Sea and quite enjoyed it. Not my usual game and if not for GamePass I probably would not have given this game a second look.

I am new to GamePass. How does a person review a game played, or rank it out of stars. I cannot find that option on the GamePass app. I would like to let other GamePass users know this game is worth their time.

Deleted member 68874

Account closed at user request
Banned
May 10, 2020
I just finished Call of the Sea and quite enjoyed it. Not my usual game and if not for GamePass I probably would not have given this game a second look.

I am new to GamePass. How does a person review a game played, or rank it out of stars. I cannot find that option on the GamePass app. I would like to let other GamePass users know this game is worth their time.
I think you can only review a game on the console. To do that you go to the store page and scroll down to the reviews to make your own.

If you're on PC I got no clue.

pswii60

Oct 27, 2017
The Milky Way
I've bought quite a few games now after they've left Game Pass; Cursed Castilla, Dandara, Time Spinner and most recently Untitled Goose Game come to mind. I would never have tried/played these games in the first place if it weren't for Game Pass though.

But I loved these games so much that I wanted to own them forever.

Last edited:

tt7n4

Oct 29, 2017
After 7 years with my PS4, i got my XSX just for gamepass. What a great service. Right now im playing Doom Eternal and Jedi Fallen Order.

Oct 31, 2017
Since EA Play will be released this week for PC users, is it worth playing Mass Effect 1? Or should I just wait for the upcoming collection?

Adryuu

Master of the Wind
Oct 27, 2017
Since EA Play will be released this week for PC users, is it worth playing Mass Effect 1? Or should I just wait for the upcoming collection?

It is definitely worth playing the trilogy but I'd wait for the remaster to launch and see opinions. There exists a remote possibility that it's worth it in some way at least on pc.

Drakhyrr

Oct 27, 2017
Brazil
I tried playing Call of the Sea on PC, but I can't even change the graphics settings. Looking at the Steam forums, it seems there are other major bugs as well. The game is just broken on PC. I will just have to wait for patches, I suppose.

jimboton

Oct 27, 2017
I've bought quite a few games now after they've left Game Pass; Cursed Castilla, Dandara, Time Spinner and most recently Untitled Goose Game come to mind. I would never have tried/played these games in the first place if it weren't for Game Pass though.

But I loved these games so much that I wanted to own them forever.
Dandara is fucking amazing. Didn't know it went through Gamepass.

Bede-x

Oct 25, 2017
No I'm using the app

https://www.reddit.com/r/XboxGamePass/comments/ka9zgw/we_encountered_an_error_and_your_subscription/

Its this issue. It works fine on my One X but I just cannot get it to work at all on my PC

Does it look something like this?

www.resetera.com

Xbox Game Pass |OT| Game Pass and Chill OT

Nope, base game.

It's in Danish and says something along the lines of having encountered an error and that your subscriptions couldn't be read. If it's the same problem, what made it work for me was signing out of the Microsoft store and back in again. Not the Xbox App, though do that afterwards, but the store itself.

If that doesn't help, I'm out of suggestions :(

Munroe

May 17, 2019
Just finished Control, really enjoyed it though I'm generally a fan of Remedy's story telling. Thought the combat was quick and satisfying. Just a few annoying bugs like sound disappearing in cutscenes, but overall, good game

YuSuzzune

Nov 21, 2018
Awesome! You should try Gears 5 and Ori too
I started Greedfall and I'm liking it a lot, still in the very beginning. Played Unto the End and Call of the Sea, liked both.
And the funny part is I'm not paying for it: after spending an initial amount of 40€ to purchase one year of Live Gold and converting my sub to Ultimate I'm renewing the service simply by doing the GP quests each month, sometimes I manage to add 40 days to my sub, worst case scenario I only add 20 days, anyway I'm covered until March 2022 right now.

Sunfyre

Jan 15, 2020
VA-11 Hall-A is now running without crashing, but for some reason, it is not running in fullscreen. it always starts in windowed mode, and when I click on maximize the taskbar and the top bar of the window are still visible. I find that extremely annoying, is there any way to fix this?

Munroe

May 17, 2019
VA-11 Hall-A is now running without crashing, but for some reason, it is not running in fullscreen. it always starts in windowed mode, and when I click on maximize the taskbar and the top bar of the window are still visible. I find that extremely annoying, is there any way to fix this?

Have you tried Alt+ Enter, that sometimes fullscreens applications

Status
Not open for further replies.