• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

CorpseLight

Nov 3, 2018
Hey guys, i have a question !

I stacked one year of Gamepass PC, and i just got 3 months of Ultimate Game Pass. If i add this on my Xbox Series X, what will happen ? I'll have 3 months of Game Pass Ultimate, then 12 months of Game Pass PC only ? Will something change ? Thanks :o

I believe they will merge the existing time of gamepass PC to Ultimate at a 3:1 ratio.

CorpseLight

Nov 3, 2018
Supraland was giving me a headache playing it (up close, which was probably the problem). It has a really noticeable judder, even though I'm usually not sensitive to framerate. I finished it, but I might go back and solve some more puzzles, if it plays better.

I noticed Supraland on the Series X starts the FOV slider way way cranked up and gave the sort of tunnel vision effect while moving. I turned it down a little and it didnt give me such a headache

Kabukimurder

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
So i'm trying to play Hellblade but the damn game is locked at 4K 30fps, even with vsync off. The video Settings doesn't seem to do much.. has anyone gotten through the mess of unlocking the fps?

skullmuffins

Oct 25, 2017
Hey guys, i have a question !

I stacked one year of Gamepass PC, and i just got 3 months of Ultimate Game Pass. If i add this on my Xbox Series X, what will happen ? I'll have 3 months of Game Pass Ultimate, then 12 months of Game Pass PC only ? Will something change ? Thanks :o
I believe redeeming a gamepass ultimate code on an account with basic gamepass works the same as if you bought a month of ultimate direct from microsoft, and so it'll convert your stacked year of gamepass PC to a year of gamepass ultimate and you'll end up with 15 months of GPU.

RossC

Oct 27, 2017
Finished Day of the Tentacle Remastered - didn't like it anywhere near as much as Grim Fandango or Full Throttle, both of which I loved.

The time mechanic was clever, but I didn't like any of the characters at all - outside of the tentacles but they aren't actually in it that much.

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
Finished Day of the Tentacle Remastered - didn't like it anywhere near as much as Grim Fandango or Full Throttle, both of which I loved.

The time mechanic was clever, but I didn't like any of the characters at all - outside of the tentacles but they aren't actually in it that much.

Blasphemy

eek

Oct 26, 2017
Tetris is pretty fun. It's hard as shit to see the pieces on some levels though

Also, the series d-pad is pretty good. I was playing on my console then switched to an old xbox one controller to play on my pc and it's clear how much better the d-pad is on the new controller.

Edit: apparently you have to manually toggle on hdr.. I can see again!

Last edited:

cakely

Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
Finally a fix for the ea play \ gamepass issue

Huh.

Well, I already had recurring off. Started with xbox.com, found my way to the EA Play site, hit the "join now" button, for 1 month at $4.99. Got an "Oops!" error to pop up, so I thought for sure I didn't work.

Went back to the Series X and ... lo-and-behold I now had an install button for Fallen Order.

So, it worked! Thanks a ton!

jokkir

Oct 25, 2017
cakely
jokkir

Looks like there might be a workaround for your issue
Huh.

Well, I already had recurring off. Started with xbox.com, found my way to the EA Play site, hit the "join now" button, for 1 month at $4.99. Got an "Oops!" error to pop up, so I thought for sure I didn't work.

Went back to the Series X and ... lo-and-behold I now had an install button for Fallen Order.

So, it worked! Thanks a ton!
Thanks!

I think it might have been a staged rollout cause the downloads buttons just suddenly appeared.

Idk what games to uninstall now since I didn't take into account the EA games when I left downloads on overnight lol

Arctic Chris

Dec 5, 2017
Ottawa Canada
I made the mistake on my XSX to have my selected GamePass games installed on an external SSD. Then when I move the games optimized for X|S over to internal storage, another huge download takes place (Smart Delivery). I now download everything to internal storage and the manually move stuff off that is not X|S optimized. Probably does not mean much to people with super fast internet but that is not me.

Lemrik

Prophet of Truth
Oct 28, 2017
Germany
So i want to start a new game in FH4. But my Xbox always loads/syncs my PC savefile.
Is there an easy way to just start from scratch?

grmlin

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
Some of the Touryst puzzles tend to be frustrating af. lol

But, my 5yo daughter watched me playing and she loves it. She basically told me what to do all the time, so I didn't have to solve anything anymore haha. Good times.
Also runs insanely great on the Series X. 120FPS will be the absolute killer for indie titles this gen.

Adryuu

Master of the Wind
Oct 27, 2017

Adryuu

Master of the Wind
Oct 27, 2017
Medium was delayed to 2021

That's right, I forgot.

Maybe the first next gen only (at least first party) to hit game pass then could be Microsoft Flight Simulator but it hasn't got a console date yet. It can't be very far though right? It's been out on pc for some time now, and I don't think that runs on xbox one, ever.

When Series only games start getting into game pass I'll have to start searching for a deal. So the Medium being delayed sounds fine to me, heh.

Robin64

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
England
Final Fantasy VIII is up and will probably take up most of my weekend. Great game, and the Remaster looks pretty damn nice.

bytesized

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Amsterdam
I downloaded just a small part of all the games on gamepass I'm interested in playing and I already filled up 2/3 of my SSD on my series X. This is crazy

cyrribrae

Chicken Chaser
Jan 21, 2019
Not a BC game that we've already had.
...but they are both installed on my X1X, as they launched simultaneously (on consoles) as cross gen. There are currently no games that are Series X|S *only*.
This is why we need to ask people WHY they're asking this question. Are you looking for games that you haven't played yet on your current One? Are you looking for games that display the graphical capabilities of the system? Are you looking for games that will show off the loading or quick resume or whatever features off? Are you looking for games where the devs have put in a lot of work and you want to see the improvements from last gen vs just normal BC? Are you just looking to make a list?

Depending on why you're asking that question, you're going to get different answers. If you're just looking to fill out a list of strictly next-gen only titles, you're not gonna get any. But I also can't imagine there being a PRACTICAL use to that list either. For all the other reasons, there are games for that.

Then Gears Tactics and Tetris Effect are the only ones that weren't available on X1 before
And Planet Coaster

carlosrso

Oct 27, 2017
Ipatinga, Brazil
The XoneS is quite holding its ground with the games. I'm quite happy with gears tactics, I don't know how Coalition can deliver this level of graphics on this old console, but hell what a beautiful game.
Tetris is amazing hahah, the transitions are so beautiful that you end up losing the focus on the bricks.

BareKnuckle

Oct 26, 2017
So do we get the EA play 10 hour trial thing? I barely play a game for longer than 10 hours anyway... The Need for Speed Hot Pursuit Remaster looks cool! Would that be available on the trial? I have Gamepass Ultimate

Adrifi

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Jan 5, 2019
the Spanish Basque Country
So do we get the EA play 10 hour trial thing? I barely play a game for longer than 10 hours anyway... The Need for Speed Hot Pursuit Remaster looks cool! Would that be available on the trial? I have Gamepass Ultimate
Almost all games from EA get a 10 hour trial before they launch. Later, less than a year after they launch, they are permanently added to the service. Right now I don't know if there is a NFS trial, but there probably is. You have to check the EA Play app on your Xbox.

Oct 27, 2017
Ireland
Hopefully the right place to ask. Brand new to xbox and just got my series S. Currently looking to play forza and then just see what else is out there, im not a massive gamer.

What is the best approach for game pass ultimate, I keep seeing things about Gold and upgrading ? Is that still a thing ? I seem to be only able to buy 3months of Gold. I have yet to do anything with the console or activate my trial €1 membership. Im in the EU if that makes a difference.

BareKnuckle

Oct 26, 2017
Almost all games from EA get a 10 hour trial before they launch. Later, less than a year after they launch, they are permanently added to the service. Right now I don't know if there is a NFS trial, but there probably is. You have to check the EA Play app on your Xbox.

I guess I could just download the game and see if it lets me launch it, I will do this and report back

EDIT: can't find the option to install it without buying it first...

tomofthepops

Oct 27, 2017
Downloaded Rainbow Six Siege but the year 1 & 2 operators aren't showing up even though I've double checked they are installed. Anyone had this problem ?

colive

Oct 27, 2017
USA
Is anyone having issues getting into a multiplayer match on Tetris Effect?

Yesterday, I didn't have a problem getting into matches, but I had to force quit out of one. I couldn't get into any after that, and I assumed I had been soft-banned, but as of this morning I still can't find any matches.

NameUser

Oct 25, 2017
Sucks that Dragon Quest won't come to xCloud next month. FF also isn't there now. Part of me knew Japanese publishers would pull this crap. Gotta preserve the Switch sales 😔

Adryuu

Master of the Wind
Oct 27, 2017

I think we do. I can see in the game pass app that it's advertised, for example with the Star Wars Squadrons game. I've noticed you can now also use the EA Play Hub app in the xbox so maybe you have to activate the trials in there.

Can't download games while my Xbox is on sleep mode. 🤷‍♂️

Me too. I think I never could, not in my 1S, not in my 1X. Is it a common problem? If my console is turned on, I can start a download from my phone app but otherwise I think it's never worked, neither from the app or a web browser.

This is why we need to ask people WHY they're asking this question. Are you looking for games that you haven't played yet on your current One? Are you looking for games that display the graphical capabilities of the system? Are you looking for games that will show off the loading or quick resume or whatever features off? Are you looking for games where the devs have put in a lot of work and you want to see the improvements from last gen vs just normal BC? Are you just looking to make a list?

Depending on why you're asking that question, you're going to get different answers. If you're just looking to fill out a list of strictly next-gen only titles, you're not gonna get any. But I also can't imagine there being a PRACTICAL use to that list either. For all the other reasons, there are games for that.

And Planet Coaster

Yes exactly.

dedge

Sep 15, 2019
Finally was able to push through the Doom Eternal download on SX. This game is incredible

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
I almost don't want to jinx my SX by using RIP as a joke, but RIP my SSD space, down to 60gigs only after installing 35 games >_>

Status
Not open for further replies.