• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Arthois

Oct 27, 2017
I want to see Indie games on the service. These big 3 As like Control or Dark Souls don't interest me.

SeanMN

Oct 28, 2017
One of the reasons I love Gamepass so much is how it removes the barrires or trying new and different games. I played 5 different games over the weekend (Ori WotW, Yakuza 0, KH3, Wolf Youngblood, and Halo Wars 2) for 1-3 hours each before settling down onto what the next game I'll be diving deep into (Halo Wars 2).

Super excited for Nier this week!
Finished Yakuza Zero the other day. I hoped they'd drop a Yakuza game a month, but here is hope Kiwami will come in early April. I think a staggered release make very much sense for both Yakuza and Final Fantasy games though.
I tried this over the weekend, as the first Yakuza game I had ever played. I'm not sure if I like it or not. I feel like it takes a long time to get going, and the characters a bit wacky. I played for 3 hours and stopped. Might jump back in at a later time.

Played a few hours of Bleeding Edge. Seems fun, but like a lot of games it's pretty miserable when you're matched into a one sided game with teammates that aren't working together. Had a few really close games with everyone playing well and it was a great time.
I checked this one out too. I wanted to put some time into the dojo to practice before joining up with real people. I kept getting trounced by the CPU, and figured I'd probably embarrass myself in a real game, so I stopped playing.
Any thoughts on Kingdom Hearts III vs. Final Fantasy XV?

Consensus here seems to be that both games are pretty deeply flawed, but looking to jump into one of the two.
I'd say FFXV. I'm not a huge fan of JRPG's, but I'll say that I found FFXV more enjoyable to jump into. It gets going faster and there's not this huge history of the story and characters leading into it
Btw, played one hour of KH3 and thought it was awful, terrible combat system and bad pacing overall, felt like a really outdated game (in a bad way).

Also, the hell was that intro song lmao
I also thought KH3 started really slow and that it was hard to follow the story, KH3 is just not very good at onboarding. I played for about 2 hours, and it felt like (not sure the actual numbers) I had direct control of the character for only a brief period during that time.

The one good thing I'd say about it was my kids were super excited anytime Disney characters appeared on screen.

DJ Lushious

Enhanced Xperience
Oct 27, 2017
I've put around 20 hours in Wolfenstein: Youngblood. I do not understand why it got raked over the coals. Granted, I know there have been quite a few patches since release, 1.07 aimed at fixing a lot of the complaints, but what's there is, in my opinion, great! I love the Blazkowicz children; they are written so well and their actions are very true to the nature of siblings. I beat the game on Saturday and I am still going back to it to due side missions and collectible hunting.

One collectible had me quite giddy:

The Dishonored rune was such a fun surprise!

Citizencope

Oct 28, 2017
Started Kingdom Hearts 3 having never played a Kingdom Hearts. Is there going to be less gameplay than cutscenes? This has been a struggle in the beginning.

Hagi

Oct 25, 2017
Damn that's a shame guess i'll have to wait till the PC version is on sale. Hopefully some of the FF games hit again soon.

AM_LIGHT

Oct 30, 2017
Nier automata is a pleasant surprise. I resisted buying it multiple times expecting it would come to the service , glad I was right .

JonCha

Oct 29, 2017
UK
With the quarantine and everything been considering getting an Xbox (probably and S, not an X though not completely ruled it out). I'm just wondering how much of the service I'll use; I'll definitely get back on it for Halo. I also have a PS4.

JonCha

Oct 29, 2017
UK
Well, here is a list of all the games. So if there are several games on there plus new ones coming out in the future, it should be worth it. https://www.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-game-pass/games

Thanks - there definitely are. Halo, Forza/Microsoft exclusives. Some games like Ori. Control when it eventually comes (and that specially would be better on the X). I'm not against waiting 6 months to a year for the Series X if Infinite is playable on the One X. I dunno if Phil's spoken about this?

Adryuu

Master of the Wind
Oct 27, 2017
Thanks - there definitely are. Halo, Forza/Microsoft exclusives. Some games like Ori. Control when it eventually comes (and that specially would be better on the X). I'm not against waiting 6 months to a year for the Series X if Infinite is playable on the One X. I dunno if Phil's spoken about this?

Infinite was announced for One and next gen, when Series X didn't even have a name. In fact, they said all Xbox exclusives first party will be on One for at least one year. Nobody knows what that means exactly (different, downgraded versions or just games made for One and enhanced for Series X) but there it is.

JonCha

Oct 29, 2017
UK
Infinite was announced for One and next gen, when Series X didn't even have a name. In fact, they said all Xbox exclusives first party will be on One for at least one year. Nobody knows what that means exactly (different, downgraded versions or just games made for One and enhanced for Series X) but there it is.

That's good and seems reasonable. I know Frank at 343 said they're gonna have it looking incredible on the one X and I don't doubt them given their tech there.

Anyone here have the one X and able to comment on it? One thing I would need to look into is the power usage on the console.

Adryuu

Master of the Wind
Oct 27, 2017
That's good and seems reasonable. I know Frank at 343 said they're gonna have it looking incredible on the one X and I don't doubt them given their tech there.

Anyone here have the one X and able to comment on it? One thing I would need to look into is the power usage on the console.

I mostly only use it since october and haven't noticed more or less consumption (in the bill) than when I only used ps4. For the enhancements, you can visit the enhanced games thread to see the list with the identified enhancements and see if the games you are interested in have X features and which, or not. Not all games since the X was made available are enhanced, not all enhanced games are true 4k and/or HDR or have a 60 fps mode. Most/all things work better though, I've had both S and X (got the S last summer, switched to X in october) and I'm happy even before getting a 4k tv. The S honestly is kind of a slow machine, I wouldn't personally buy one anymore, especially if you have a 4k tv as many games are sub 1080p on it.

Next first party games will work on One S if they work on X, so you can still choose that.

Katana_Strikes

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 29, 2017
How do game pass rewards work? The other day was throw 3 things in A Plague Tale. There is no achievement, there was no patch. Like, how?
You want to link your Rewards account to your gamer profile and these are separate from achievements. So if you throw those in Plagues Tale, the quest will complete and you'll earn 50 pts (or whatever) into your Rewards account. Which you can then spend on gift cards or game pass subscriptions etc.

Bear

Oct 25, 2017
How do game pass rewards work? The other day was throw 3 things in A Plague Tale. There is no achievement, there was no patch. Like, how?
Just because there aren't achievements for something doesn't mean they're not collecting data for it. There's lots of data points that are shared in the Xbox app like time spent playing, etc. etc. that aren't achievements. I would imagine they use those.

grmlin

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
Children of Morta. I'm hooked. Hard af for me but the progression feels great so far.
why didn't I play that before. And why do I enjoy these type of games more than all the AAA titles I tried recently 🧐

Blue Skies

Banned
Mar 27, 2019
Ordered an Xbox one X (renewed) for $230
Worth it right?

so I'll finally be able to play some of these games!
Ones on my to play list:
Splinter cell chaos theory, double agent, conviction and blacklist (I'm getting these on eBay)
Ryse
Sunset Overdrive
Gears 4 and 5
Outer Worlds
Quantum Break

maybes:
Halo series, are the campaigns worth playing? Not gonna touch coop or online

Anton Sugar

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Wow, really enjoying The Surge 2. Combat is really satisfying. The story and voice acting don't hold a candle to Souls games, but the world is interesting and it's a blast to play.

Guts Of Thor

Oct 25, 2017
I've put around 20 hours in Wolfenstein: Youngblood. I do not understand why it got raked over the coals. Granted, I know there have been quite a few patches since release, 1.07 aimed at fixing a lot of the complaints, but what's there is, in my opinion, great! I love the Blazkowicz children; they are written so well and their actions are very true to the nature of siblings. I beat the game on Saturday and I am still going back to it to due side missions and collectible hunting.

One collectible had me quite giddy:

The Dishonored rune was such a fun surprise!

How's this game while playing solo? I don't care to play it co-op and would rather play it solo.

ez123

Feb 18, 2020
How's this game while playing solo? I don't care to play it co-op and would rather play it solo.
It's great solo. You both share lives but it was never a problem. Only try to revive them if it's necessary(no hearts left) and not too many enemies around. The AI seemed good and uses the perk often.
Even if I thought about playing co-op sometimes, the Bethesda login stopped that thought quickly anyways.

Rygar1126

Oct 27, 2017
Leaving Soon (according to the app):

Prey
The Book of Unwritten Tales 2
Guacamelee! Super Turbo Championship Edition
MX vs ATV Reflex
Samurai Showdown 2

Hoping we get to see what's coming in April tomorrow, outside of what we already know (Nier, Gears Tactics)

Kittenz

Oct 28, 2017
Minneapolis
Children of Morta. I'm hooked. Hard af for me but the progression feels great so far.
why didn't I play that before. And why do I enjoy these type of games more than all the AAA titles I tried recently 🧐
Yah that was fun. I finished it after I almost didn't get far because I was like "another pixel-art rogue like? Really?" But it was fun. Had enough different mechanics kept it interesting.

DrScruffleton

Oct 26, 2017
Ordered an Xbox one X (renewed) for $230
Worth it right?

so I'll finally be able to play some of these games!
Ones on my to play list:
Splinter cell chaos theory, double agent, conviction and blacklist (I'm getting these on eBay)
Ryse
Sunset Overdrive
Gears 4 and 5
Outer Worlds
Quantum Break

maybes:
Halo series, are the campaigns worth playing? Not gonna touch coop or online

i loved ryse, very underrated imo

DrScruffleton

Oct 26, 2017
Wow, really enjoying The Surge 2. Combat is really satisfying. The story and voice acting don't hold a candle to Souls games, but the world is interesting and it's a blast to play.

im enjoying it a lot so far too. The first one was great, and I think this is even better so far. The different environments are much welcome after the first game.

OneBadMutha

Nov 2, 2017

It's a really addictive game once you get the loop. Also gets much easier with some characters once you learn the timing of dodges. It also became easier for me when I used the right stick for offense rather than button mashing.

I end up feeling the same way. Some of these Indies just hold me better than the AAA games that require long loads and 3 hour tutorials to get into the game loop.

oipic

Oct 25, 2017
Leaving Soon (according to the app):

Prey
The Book of Unwritten Tales 2
Guacamelee! Super Turbo Championship Edition
MX vs ATV Reflex
Samurai Showdown 2

Hoping we get to see what's coming in April tomorrow, outside of what we already know (Nier, Gears Tactics)

Thanks for this!

Bit bummed about Prey leaving - I really want to play through it, and have started it a few times now - but we seem to be in an endless cycle of games leaving that I also want to play... so forever playing catch-up with one eye on the 'leaving soon' dates. The sole downside of such a subscription service, I suppose!

grmlin

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
Children of Morta is amazing.
Yah that was fun. I finished it after I almost didn't get far because I was like "another pixel-art rogue like? Really?" But it was fun. Had enough different mechanics kept it interesting.
It clearly is a great game and I can't wait to play more of it tonight.
I don't even mind that I die way too often, I hope I'm not just bad at the game lol.
It's a really addictive game once you get the loop. Also gets much easier with some characters once you learn the timing of dodges. It also became easier for me when I used the right stick for offense rather than button mashing.

I end up feeling the same way. Some of these Indies just hold me better than the AAA games that require long loads and 3 hour tutorials to get into the game loop.
Some of my favorite games ever are Indies/AA now. Stuff like Steamworld Dig, Ori... I do enjoy big titles, too, of course. But I also tend to stop playing some of them because they feel so overwhelming.

Adryuu

Master of the Wind
Oct 27, 2017
Are microsoft redeemable codes usable in different regions? Crossposting this from cheap arse thread:

In Spain, amazon and xtralife are having 3 + 3 months of game pass ultimate (two separate 3 month codes) for 39 and 37 euros respectively.
I don't know if codes are usable in other regions though.

Status
Not open for further replies.