• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

litebrite

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'm not interested in the mobile and PC stuff anymore. Too much extra work beyond what I would normally do to be worth my time. I was banking on the new Game Pass stuff moving forward. Oh well. Just really disappointed and surprised is all.
Oh ok.

Well ya'll keep expressing your disappointment online and maybe the MS Rewards team will notice and adjust it again for the better.

Teggy

Oct 25, 2017
It's funny, I have been playing GTA5 on game pass even though I own it on PC so I have a reason to log into my Xbox each day and was planning on moving to Yakuza 0 after (also owned on PC). But this makes me a lot less likely to log into my Xbox and play those games daily? Which I assume is bad for the devs/publishers?

Deleted member 2254

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
That nerf to points is so bad. Not even going to do them this month.

Yeah, when you could extract 2-3 bucks of your gaming in a month it was something, but now you have to download hundreds of GBs, turn on games every day, use your mobile app every day, do some fucking lame quests which often require half an hour or more to do (or worse, the State of Decay 2 challenge from last month for example definitely requires more, especially from a fresh start). For what, a total of half a dollar a month? If your job pays overtime, you probably get 10-20 times more than that for staying in 30 minutes, and that's not even counting the electricity you spend on the thing and the fact you wasted hours of your time on this activity.

Right now it's just insulting. Because you can get about 300-400 points every day in mere minutes through MS Rewards, then you have to grind for hours and download big games just to get a fraction of that in a month? It's just not even worth the time and thought anymore.

Tregard

Oct 27, 2017
A shame that Two Point Hospital doesn't seem to support cross-save, was playing it on Xbox One this weekend and went to continue on my laptop to no avail. Oh well, loving the game either way!

ronabs

Mar 15, 2018
Console_TW_Coming-Soon_3.4_1920x1080_JPG.jpg

March 5

NBA 2K20
Train Sim World 2020

March 11
Ori and the Will of the Wisps

March 12
Pikuniku

news.xbox.com

Coming Soon to Xbox Game Pass for Console: NBA 2K20, Ori and the Will of the Wisps, and More - Xbox Wire

My favorite part about being an Xbox Game Pass member is playing games that I haven’t tried yet and enjoying them on day one when they’re released. This week we have both of those and more! (I didn’t say I would be good at these games — there’s some bad basketball in my future). If […]

Clive

Oct 25, 2017
Can't really complain when you get Ori 2 in the next couple of weeks. That's all I'll play of these additions though but I don't feel disappointed. GOTY calibur game "free" on Day 1.

Oct 28, 2017
We all knew about Ori so that's quite a disappointing announcement.

However, I'm still over the moon that we get Ori as part of Game Pass because that would absolutely be a day one purchase.

Oct 25, 2017
yall can have your Oris

TRAIN SIM BABY. Used to play the shit out of the genre on PC, then American Truck Simulator came along and I dumped trains for BIG RIGS. I wish ATS would come to console. The perfect relaxation game.

RossC

Oct 27, 2017
Very excited about Ori obviously.

Pikuniku looks like a fun wee thing to fire through in a couple of sessions.

Magic

Oct 29, 2017
Underwhelming announcement for me personally, but I guess that's because we already knew about Ori. Ori alone makes this month worth it though.

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
2K is fucking huge. I don't think people understand how popular that'll get and it's already popular right now. I sense a GTA population spike. And Ori obviously will be sick like the first one.

Oct 25, 2017
It is not just that final fantasy is missing from the lists, it is also that I do not care much about those games on it that makes it a wash for me.

Maybe I wll check out the lord of the rings card game though. I actually been meaning to get around to reading those books (I have read the hobbit years ago, heard LOTR is better). I am going to read LOTR or the warcraft books... not sure which yet.

Thewonandonly

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Utah
Yo I've been thinking about buying 2k for about a week now because my buddy got it and I've been having a good time playing it so I'm pumped!!

Question, if I move to New Zealand will I be able to play it early or is it pretty universal on game pass for when the games become available?

StudioTan

Oct 27, 2017
It is not just that final fantasy is missing from the lists, it is also that I do not care much about those games on it that makes it a wash for me.

Maybe I wll check out the lord of the rings card game though. I actually been meaning to get around to reading those books (I have read the hobbit years ago, heard LOTR is better). I am going to read LOTR or the warcraft books... not sure which yet.

The Hobbit is basically a kid's book. LOTR is in a whole other league. Read it!

Hagi

Oct 25, 2017
Is there any date range for more Final Fantasys getting added? I really want to dive into them more but holding off for the gamepass releases.

Bede-x

Oct 25, 2017
I think Game Pass has somewhat gotten me to like roguelikes or at least accept the benefits their structure can provide. Not that I still don't prefer handcrafted content over procedural generation, but I have been having some enjoyment with the latter on Game Pass lately. Children of Morta is what got me hooked and while it mostly progresses like a non-roguelike with a sequential and forward moving campaign, it was still enough of a gateway drug to entice me to give other games in the genre a chance. Neon Chrome first, Void Bastards now and I've already installed Everspace as the next.

Game Pass is really good a broadening people's horizons on games or at least it feels that way in my experience. I constantly see people on my friendlist playing something they wouldn't have before due to the low barrier of entry and sometimes discovering something new and different they enjoy. It's the first time I've tried something similar myself. It really is a lovely service.

Edge

A King's Landing
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Celle, Germany
How is NBA and Train Sim still not online in NZ? It's the 5th for almost 11 hours there and in 1 1/2 hours I don't need the NZ store anymore cause then it's the 5th in Germany. :D

CorpseLight

Nov 3, 2018
For anyone playing Yakuza 0 on PC, i seem to have run into a game crashing bug that ive been able to duplicate.

Whenever my Bluetooth audio disconnects from low battery, the entire game freezes and i cant even get it to shut down from task manager. It requires a hard reset to even get back to desktop.

Clive

Oct 25, 2017
Some Game Pass Quests have gone up in value now. Quest Completionist for example went from 100 points back to 1,000 points. Guess they heard the feedback.

GamerDude

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Some Game Pass Quests have gone up in value now. Quest Completionist for example went from 100 points back to 1,000 points. Guess they heard the feedback.

Really? It still shows as 100 in the App for me.

I won't be interested at all until all of the old points are back. Including 15 each for the dailies.

Deleted member 2254

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The new quest values seem fine now. I understand nerfing them a bit but taking them to 10% of their value was simply insane. Glad they realized it.

OneBadMutha

Nov 2, 2017
I think Game Pass has somewhat gotten me to like roguelikes or at least accept the benefits their structure can provide. Not that I still don't prefer handcrafted content over procedural generation, but I have been having some enjoyment with the latter on Game Pass lately. Children of Morta is what got me hooked and while it mostly progresses like a non-roguelike with a sequential and forward moving campaign, it was still enough of a gateway drug to entice me to give other games in the genre a chance. Neon Chrome first, Void Bastards now and I've already installed Everspace as the next.

Game Pass is really good a broadening people's horizons on games or at least it feels that way in my experience. I constantly see people on my friendlist playing something they wouldn't have before due to the low barrier of entry and sometimes discovering something new and different they enjoy. It's the first time I've tried something similar myself. It really is a lovely service.

Have had the same experience. I've become a fan of that genre. Not sure why it's so addictive but it really works for me. Dont think I'd be seeking out the genre the way I do if not for this service.

EvilBoris

Prophet of Truth - HDTVtest
Verified
Oct 29, 2017
So I guess control never happened or just ended up on PS4Now?

It may have always been down as PSNOW first, a Sony have a marketing deal for the game which includes monyehatted timed exclusivity for the DLC.

With that in mind, it perhaps makes sense we won't see it on GP til after that period has expired

FishHookFPC

Feb 17, 2020
A few Game Pass things -

- The reduction in points is really disappointing. They were probably too high to be sustainable for the first month and I get that? But they don't feel worth it right now, there needs to be some kind of middle ground to make all of the downloading of Game Pass stuff feel worth it. Quests can already feel like a chore if it's a game you don't care to play. I at least want it to feel as close to worth it as Bing Rewards do.

- For me personally, as a fan of basketball who skipped NBA 2K20, that's a big damn get. The rest of the month looks kinda whatever, but between Ori, Bleeding Edge, and Sonic Generations on Games With Gold, still plenty to do.

- I'm currently working my way through FF15 right now, and really enjoying it! This is a game I would have never played if it weren't for Game Pass. I love the interplay between these road tripping car boys.

- Question: what super short games are absolutely worth my time on Game Pass right now? I've got What Remains of Edith Finch cued up for after FF15, but I'm sure I'm going to want a palate cleanser after making my way through some of the longer games I've got ready to go. Stuff in the 2-4 hour range is great, as I usually have an hour and a half to two hours of gaming time in a day.

Status
Not open for further replies.