• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ShapeGSX

Nov 13, 2017
Played a bit of Just Cause 4 over the weekend to see if it was worth powering through before it left game pass. Man, that game completely misses what was fun about Just Cause 2 (and to a lesser extent, 3). The game minimizes blowing things up, you're always running out of ammo, and the mission design is very frustrating.

Seriously. I just want to blow up the red stuff!The red stuff is still there, but there's no reason to blow it up anymore! A complete miss of why people liked the other games. :(

RossC

Oct 27, 2017
Good stuff. Definitely Two Point Hospital for me and almost definately Yakuza 0 once I finish some other stuff i'm playing.

Starlatine

533.489 paid youtubers cant be wrong
Oct 28, 2017
I do not understand the attitude around here. People are not allowed to have opinions or express what they want out of the game pass all of a sudden without these condescending posts?

I want a lot of stuff to be on gamepass as well but i'm not going to throw a tantrum in this thread and annoy everyone else with my personal desires. You can expect whatever you want, if it's going to happen or not is another story. Microsoft made a deal for FF games over 2020 and its pretty clear they're going to spread them through the year, but if you want to complain all year long that it isnt enough, you do you

Oct 25, 2017
I want a lot of stuff to be on gamepass as well but i'm not going to throw a tantrum in this thread and annoy everyone else with my personal desires. You can expect whatever you want, if it's going to happen or not is another story. Microsoft made a deal for FF games over 2020 and its pretty clear they're going to spread them through the year, but if you want to complain all year long that it isnt enough, you do you

What tantrum? I said my opinion and you are the ones throwing a pissy fit over the fact that I expressed it.

Fantastical

Oct 27, 2017
That's a crazy good month for me. Especially interested in Two Point Hospital. These games will probably end my RDR2 streak of like a month.

Clive

Oct 25, 2017
There is only a certain amount of titles, and a certain amount of budget, for the Game Pass games every month. Personally, I think it's great that all FFs and Yakuzas don't drop at once. It gives us a chance to finish the first ones and it gives variation to the GP monthly library. If we got five FFs and three other games during a month then it would be dull for those who don't want JRPGs or FF. Better to try to space it out for the sake of variety in my opinion.

Well, it's like Shenmue. But generally no, not much else like it.
I disagree. Shenmue is about discovery, searching for a way forward, earning enough money to get past story road blocks etc. It's an asking-for-directions, do-it-your-way sim. In Yakuza, the objective is generally to follow a linear map marker and then watch the story unfold, often partially via a fight. Nothing else matters to the main plot and is optional. Combat also generally has a very small role in Shenmue and you spend way more time practicing it than using it.

There are similarities in side activities but the core gameplay is absolutely nothing alike.

TheKeyPit

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Germany

Damn good month!

Yakuza 0 probably being the game that drops next week. (Edit: Whoops, month is already over with the upcoming week xD)

Kingdom Hearts 3 right after the other games drop on Xbox? Clever.

Looks like I need a hard drive just for Game Pass games...

--------------

Edit:
Oh, they've already released dates:
Ninja Gaiden II (February 20)
Kingdom Hearts III (February 25)
Two Point Hospital (February 25 Day One launch)
Wasteland Remastered (February 25 Day One launch)
Yakuza 0 (February 26)
Jackbox Party Pack 3 (February 27)

Last edited:

Irrotational

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
That's a strong disagree from me. Went into shenmue expecting to love it since I love yakuza, and it really doesn't translate imo.
I agree with your disagreement but I think the relationship works the other way around...If you like Shenmue then you'll probably love Yakuza...it's a game many years newer, with a lot more stuff to do, and the controls are probably decent.

Deleted member 35478

User-requested account closure
Banned
Dec 6, 2017
Signed up for the service on PC, pretty good for the price. Just finished up Gears 4, a bit underwhelming, but wanted to get caught up before 5. I played 1-3 on 360 when they were released. May take a break before starting 5, 4 was a real drag with weird pacing and a super meh ending. Started Bloodstained and Outer Worlds, both excellent games.

Remeran

Nov 27, 2018
Was planning on starting Wasteland remastered after Wasteland 2 buuuuuuuuuut maybe I'll do Yakuza 0 as a palate cleanser then move on to wasteland. Good time to be a gamepass subscriber thats for sure

kiguel182

Oct 31, 2017
I'm looking forward to Two Point Hospital but I don't get all the hype they did for February. Especially since so many games left the service. Oh well.

Plasma

Oct 25, 2017
Feels like they overhyped this month a bit to me but that might be because I just don't care all that much about FF15 or Kingdom Hearts.

bcatwilly

Oct 27, 2017
Some great additions the rest of this month for sure. I will definitely be checking out Yakuza for the first time ever, and I am also interested in Two Point Hospital which looks different.

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Gamepass continues making me wonder why I should even buy games. KH3? I'd imagine Doom Eternal eventually will be on there just like the 2016.

demi

Oct 27, 2017
Why? Do you have to play the others first to understand it?

Short answer is yes, but the series goes so off the rails it's not even worth trying to understand it. You'll miss out on a lot of references, and who characters are. Just enjoy the gameplay and set pieces and Disney (Ba-la-la-la-la~)

The game does have a "summary" section that briefly goes over previous games, and it has a sort of "datalog" you can review as you play the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.