• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

big_z

Nov 2, 2017
every time i see this thread bumped thinking it's for control

IgMyx.gif

grmlin

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
Wait, I thought saves are always stored in the microsoft cloud, just like with the Playstation?

That's not the case? How do I backup the saves then?

Hesemonni

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Yeah it's a real bummer. Happened to me, too.
I disabled cloud saving on Steam and forgot about it for a year. During that time I formatted my hard drive and lost the saves for quite a few games.

Good times.
Hah, same. And the update isnt even up on the gp version. Lost a save for nothing, that will teach me
Glad I'm not the only one! ...Well, not glad, but you get the point :D

I also wish the game had Xbox achievements now while we're at it. With this game I find myself strangely irritated by the fact it has only in-game achievements.

Wait, I thought saves are always stored in the microsoft cloud, just like with the Playstation?

That's not the case? How do I backup the saves then?
Apparently some games do, some games don't (after learning the hard way). There's really no reason to have local saves only in any situation.

Since PC Game Pass is in beta still (?) I hope this gets fixed as the platform matures.

Theswweet

RPG Site
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
California
Even when games support cloud saves, sometimes they can be a little wonky. Like, for example: I just played through The Outer Worlds. That has cloud save support. I played about 5 hours on my desktop, took my laptop with me when I was with my parents for a few days, and synced my saves onto it to play a bit more. However, when I went to sync them the *other* way - back to the desktop - I ran into issues. The game was recognizing save changes on my laptop, and attempting to resync the saves on the desktop anytime I would update the save on the laptop, but those syncs just didn't do anything.

I ended up having to upload my files manually to onedrive to get them back on my desktop.

Oct 25, 2017
The problem with slay the spire, on PC at least, is that the saves are locally in the installation folder AND uninstallation deletes those folders. But you can back up your save manually assuming you have access to the folder, which is a google-able problem involving windows permissions. I learned this after restarting slay the spire 2-3 times from scratch.

edit:

Also once again child of morta save issues...such a flaw with a fundamental system is such a bummer.

Last edited:

Bede-x

Oct 25, 2017
I started Recore: DE and am somewhat enjoying it, though it's rough and unpolished, and suprisingly unfinished even in the Definitive Edition. In some ways it reminds me of Crackdown 3 and like that game, it's exactly the direction I'd like to see a Microsoft platformer go in. Something completely unique that doesn't follow the typical genre templates.

Unlike Crackdown 3 it unfortunately does waste the player's time quite often, the most grievous of which being how they lock things behind a Metroid like structure, but only allow you to take two out of five of the powers to unlock the locks with you at a time, bringing back memories of Donkey Kong 64, where you had go back and switch to a new Kong everytime you wanted to collect that Kong's collectibles. I could also do without the RPG elements, needlessly complicating and dragging things out, while the battle system is a mess, with the fishing mechanic being the sole highlight.

Still the world and characters are quite charming, the platforming is pretty decent and being a melting pot of ideas, it also feels rather unique. It's like there's something special here, if only the individual elements were reshuffled and put together differently or in the right order.

I'd like to see them give the franchise another chance.

Edge

A King's Landing
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Celle, Germany
Oh, Slay the Spire doesn't have any sort of cloud saving ...

Nice to see after re-installing that all the progress is gone.

Wait, not having cloud save for some titles is one thing, but it deletes your save if you delete the game? Dafuq? Why would the console do that? Haven't heard this for generations including PS3, PSP or 360.

Luminish

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Denver
I started Recore: DE and am somewhat enjoying it, though it's rough and unpolished, and suprisingly unfinished even in the Definitive Edition. In some ways it reminds me of Crackdown 3 and like that game, it's exactly the direction I'd like to see a Microsoft platformer go in. Something completely unique that doesn't follow the typical genre templates.

Unlike Crackdown 3 it unfortunately does waste the player's time quite often, the most grievous of which being how they lock things behind a Metroid like structure, but only allow you to take two out of five of the powers to unlock the locks with you at a time, bringing back memories of Donkey Kong 64, where you had go back and switch to a new Kong everytime you wanted to collect that Kong's collectibles. I could also do without the RPG elements, needlessly complicating and dragging things out, while the battle system is a mess, with the fishing mechanic being the sole highlight.

Still the world and characters are quite charming, the platforming is pretty decent and being a melting pot of ideas, it also feels rather unique. It's like there's something special here, if only the individual elements were reshuffled and put together differently or in the right order.

I'd like to see them give the franchise another chance.
Recore:DE was one of the first gamepass games I tried because I was always curious about it.

I enjoyed it too but dropped it after 3 hours because of it feeling too padded with not-fun stuff. I also wish there was a sequel where they took most of the same things but made the objectives more focused and fun.

Bede-x

Oct 25, 2017
Recore:DE was one of the first gamepass games I tried because I was always curious about it.

I enjoyed it too but dropped it after 3 hours because of it feeling too padded with not-fun stuff. I also wish there was a sequel where they took most of the same things but made the objectives more focused and fun.

Yeah, it is a very mixed experience, but a sequel that distilled the better elements would be an interesting proposition.

For those that have played it: How do you restart a challenge dungeon, when you know the attempt failed?

Clive

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, it is a very mixed experience, but a sequel that distilled the better elements would be an interesting proposition.

For those that have played it: How do you restart a challenge dungeon, when you know the attempt failed?
On the Map screen press Y IIRC. The button for Fast Travel. Love the challenge dungeons and the game. It is a bit unpolished but it's unique and has great platforming gameplay. Would love a sequel.

Adryuu

Master of the Wind
Oct 27, 2017
Anyone else still have this happening? Rewards app on XB1X keeps crashing for me. Been several hours now, tried full restart multiple times with no luck. Does anyone know if an uninstall/reinstall will make a difference on xbox?

It's now working for me again. I did nothing.

Bede-x

Oct 25, 2017
On the Map screen press Y IIRC. The button for Fast Travel. Love the challenge dungeons and the game. It is a bit unpolished but it's unique and has great platforming gameplay. Would love a sequel.

Ah, I see. Didn't know how I could miss that, but then I checked it out. It does actually say fast travel:

e67f047f-8144-46d5-apijiv.jpeg

Only when you press it, do you get the option to restart. Thanks a lot :)

SlayerSaint

Jan 6, 2019
Control is rumored to be coming? I was gonna buy it soon, but I'll take that.

How long do games last once they're "leaving soon"? Trying to beat both RE4 and Tomb Raider

Filipus

Prophet of Regret
Avenger
Dec 7, 2017
My friend just got gamepass for xbox, what are some good local multiplayer games? We've tried overcooked 2 and it was super fun, anything like that or competitive would be nice.

Irrotational

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Never used Game Pass and had a few questions if someone doesn't mind helping me out.

1. How many months of Gamepass can you activate at once?
2. Are these stackable? https://www.cdkeys.com/xbox-live/memberships/3-month-xbox-game-pass-xbox-one
3. Can this still be converted to GamePass Ultimate with that $1 promotion?
For 2, I'm not able to click the link just now...but cdkeys have started selling two variants. There is "normal" game pass codes that anyone can buy. These might be normal price or discounted 10 percent or so. These stack.
They have also started selling the "1 month free" type codes that are given out with consoles etc. They sell these super cheap, for one or two pounds, but they can only redeemed on new accounts that aren't a current subscriber. These don't/can't stack.

If you're looking to get 2 or 3 years of gamepass ultimate then buying a year of Xbox live is normally cheaper than buying a year of game pass. With the 1 dollar conversion deal, either service counts. So stack live and then convert. TRIPLE CHECK the conversion deal is still on. I've not read any big news that it's cancelled but you don't want to be stuck with Xbox live you don't want.

PorcoLighto

Oct 25, 2017
1. 36 months max
2. I don't know
3. Yes
For 2, I'm not able to click the link just now...but cdkeys have started selling two variants. There is "normal" game pass codes that anyone can buy. These might be normal price or discounted 10 percent or so. These stack.
They have also started selling the "1 month free" type codes that are given out with consoles etc. They sell these super cheap, for one or two pounds, but they can only redeemed on new accounts that aren't a current subscriber. These don't/can't stack.

If you're looking to get 2 or 3 years of gamepass ultimate then buying a year of Xbox live is normally cheaper than buying a year of game pass. With the 1 dollar conversion deal, either service counts. So stack live and then convert. TRIPLE CHECK the conversion deal is still on. I've not read any big news that it's cancelled but you don't want to be stuck with Xbox live you don't want.
As an addon to these 2 responses:
When you are redeeming the codes to get to 36 months, remember to not tick the auto-renew option. If you do, you will get one month free with the auto-renew, which will not let you redeem the last code.

Sec0nd

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
What are currently some of the best co-op games on Gamepass?

Currently download State of Decay, Astroneer, Gears of War Ultimate Edition (4 and 5 will follow later), and Sniper Elite. Any other recommended games?

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017

Currently download State of Decay, Astroneer, Gears of War Ultimate Edition (4 and 5 will follow later), and Sniper Elite. Any other recommended games?

Halo MCC and Halo 5? Co-op on those campaigns is the best.

Remnant From the Ashes? 2019 hidden gem Destiny meets Dark Souls co-op shooter thing. Excellent.

SeriuzBiznus

Jan 14, 2020
London, UK
Has there been any word on achievement parity between PC and Xbox? I'll take the quicker load times on PC at every opportunity but as silly as they are, I do miss getting achievements in every game. Most notable recent examples are Bloodstained and Darksiders III. As a result of not having achievements to aim for, I definitely had less motivation to 100% those games (though in the case of Bloodstained, that might have been a blessing).

RossC

Oct 27, 2017

Minecraft
Remnant: From the Ashes
World War Z (not tried this myself yet but plan to once my friends are ready)

Cubehead

May 31, 2018
Not sure if this thread is for Game Pass PC as well but anyone of you guys know an easy way to link a Switch Pro Controller to the XBOX Store?

Sec0nd

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Cheers for the co-op suggestion guys. Never heard of Remnant: From the Ashes before. But it sure sounds neat, definitely will be checking that one out as well.

Deleted member 7148

Oct 25, 2017
Anybody know when GRIS is dropping on PC? Been wanting to play that one.

Oct 25, 2017
I do enjoy Children of Morta because you can switch classes essentially. It all adds up pretty well. I am glad for the story elements but I think it leans way too heavy on narration and not enough on actual dialogue. Mixed feelings about that. Makes the characters seem a pretty 1 dimensional, too archetypal.

Oct 27, 2017
Quick question. If I have Game Pass Unlimited and try to add a 3-month Gold code... What happens? Can I redeem it?

I got discount codes for both Go!d and GPU and was wo dering which one is the cheapest option to extend my sub.

PorcoLighto

Oct 25, 2017
Status
Not open for further replies.