• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

OneBadMutha

Nov 2, 2017
I'm going to keep saying it. Slay the Fucking Spire. Never played card games before. It's absolute videogame crack. My backlog gets worse and worse but I need just one more hit....I mean one more run.

Children of Morta is giving me a really nice first impression. I can see that one sticking.

Insomniac

Oct 27, 2017
The story in Children of Morta was surprisingly touching and sweet. Wasn't expecting that at all. That said:

The way the goddess just takes back Ou at the end despite the fact that he shunned their daughter out of jealousy, terrorized the land, and killed babies for hundreds of years is ridiculous. For a game that does such a fantastic job of building up a cast of endearing, relatable characters and making you sympathize with them, they really didn't earn that moment.

Other than that I adored the game completely.

Tupper

Jul 15, 2019
CoM is actually good?

...sigh

*Downloads*

I just did this! 😂

Also I'd like to plug Frostpunk for those who haven't played it. I've really enjoyed it a ton.

So is POE 2 confirmed for Game Pass (Console) then? I never played the first one but the second seems more interesting to me.

JJShadow

Oct 25, 2017
UK/Spain
Just came to say that Remnant From The Ashes is the "Dark Souls with guns" I never knew I wanted. Solo'ing some of these bosses can be fucking intense. Oh, and weapons design is awesome, especially those obtained from bosses

TheOneJat

Oct 1, 2018
The story in Children of Morta was surprisingly touching and sweet. Wasn't expecting that at all. That said:

The way the goddess just takes back Ou at the end despite the fact that he shunned their daughter out of jealousy, terrorized the land, and killed babies for hundreds of years is ridiculous. For a game that does such a fantastic job of building up a cast of endearing, relatable characters and making you sympathize with them, they really didn't earn that moment.

Other than that I adored the game completely.

How long did it take you approx? Did it feel like you had to grind the upgrades or did it just come naturally through attempts?

Justin

Oct 25, 2017
Seattle, Washington
Question for those further into Morta. A few of the family members have passives that make it look like they should intervene at points when you are playing the other chcaracters (ie block for you if you are about to take a fatal hit) but I haven't actually seen any of these go off. Am I missing something? All my characters are level 8 so they should all be unlocked.

Insomniac

Oct 27, 2017
How long did it take you approx? Did it feel like you had to grind the upgrades or did it just come naturally through attempts?

The PC app doesn't track time spent in games right? I'd estimate I put about 12-14 hours into it over the last three nights. Never did any grinding, either. Once I cleared a level I moved on to the next one. But I did invest early in the Hoarder and Wisdom upgrades that increased money and experience earned. I feel like that paid off a lot over the course of the game.

Question for those further into Morta. A few of the family members have passives that make it look like they should intervene at points when you are playing the other chcaracters (ie block for you if you are about to take a fatal hit) but I haven't actually seen any of these go off. Am I missing something? All my characters are level 8 so they should all be unlocked.

I think the passive that blocks a fatal hit requires getting John to hit level 14. Are you sure you're there with him? I've definitely noticed it trigger during runs. I think the passives where family members intervene to help you out are all level 14.

Last edited:

GamerDude

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I'm surprised they didn't announce the Xbox games for second half of January last week. Should be coming early next week. The two I really want are A Plague Tale and Control. Hopefully we get one of them now and one in February.

pswii60

Oct 27, 2017
The Milky Way
I'm surprised they didn't announce the Xbox games for second half of January last week. Should be coming early next week. The two I really want are A Plague Tale and Control. Hopefully we get one of them now and one in February.
I think we can expect some good announcements and/or releases just before the 25th at least - everyone who got an Xbox for Christmas will have their one month trials ending then :)

Ricker

Oct 27, 2017
Beautiful Province of Quebec.
Children of Morta is awesome...for some reason it reminds me of an old PS1 game that was a Rogue like,Azure Dreams lol(great game)...anyway glad I started it,I was afraid it would be too hard but like Dead Cells,its hard in a good way and I dont mind starting the levels over and over...

And,spoiler for something that's probably the last thing I thought would be in this game

That little Pong game had me grinning the whole time haha,loved it

Last edited:

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
normally wouldn't touch a game like children of morta, but downloaded it and it is pretty dope

JimD

Aug 17, 2018
Same here, last night / yesterday it worked fine.

Anyone else still have this happening? Rewards app on XB1X keeps crashing for me. Been several hours now, tried full restart multiple times with no luck. Does anyone know if an uninstall/reinstall will make a difference on xbox?

jasius

Oct 28, 2017
I'm having issues trying to install Children of Morta on Xbox One, I have game pass ultimate, I start the download and it just says Error, and then keeps trying to install it, when I go to the download queue it shows up as "Installing" not the game title. Is anyone else having this issue?

DuoRox

Oct 28, 2017
I'm having issues trying to install Children of Morta on Xbox One, I have game pass ultimate, I start the download and it just says Error, and then keeps trying to install it, when I go to the download queue it shows up as "Installing" not the game title. Is anyone else having this issue?
Yup. Have it as wel with other content. (Halo reach extension) Slay the Spire did not have the title, but i could play it. Reach and morta failed.

ryzz

Oct 23, 2018

same here, trying to download something else and getting an error.

Oct 25, 2017
Shit... child of morta is not saving at all. WTF... not sure this ever happened on a PC game before. I was at the house the first time I played and had to start a new game. Thought maybe I just did not save. Now I did a cave run and was back at the house. Looked it up and the game had autosave feature... in fact can only autosave. I quit to title after buying some upgrades. No saved game data.

Hey Please

Avenger
Oct 31, 2017
Not America
Just finished GeoW 5 courtesy of GP, today. It was an experience, what an experience, albeit with its own issues and bugs. Going to have to write a review on it soon right after I am done completing the one for GeoW 4.

Hella

Oct 27, 2017
Shit... child of morta is not saving at all. WTF... not sure this ever happened on a PC game before. I was at the house the first time I played and had to start a new game. Thought maybe I just did not save. Now I did a cave run and was back at the house. Looked it up and the game had autosave feature... in fact can only autosave. I quit to title after buying some upgrades. No saved game data.
Maybe it doesn't do an initial save until after your first run? I got a hard crash during one of my runs, and I lost all progress while in there.

Acknowledging when it last saves is the one QoL feature Morta lacks. I was actually gonna comment on how well thought out its UI was up until noticing that...

Oct 25, 2017
Maybe it doesn't do an initial save until after your first run? I got a hard crash during one of my runs, and I lost all progress while in there.

Acknowledging when it last saves is the one QoL feature Morta lacks. I was actually gonna comment on how well thought out its UI was up until noticing that...

It does have a save icon in the bottom right. But yeah, I did my first run. Did well too. I had to restart once again. Hopefully no further save issues, since it has saved at least once now... after reinstalling.

DvdGzz

Banned
Mar 21, 2018
I wasn't getting any achievements on Morta on PC so I switched to Xbox beat the first level and boss without dying, Linda is OP. She is who I've used to beat the first two bosses. Moving and shooting is so good. Now I hope Diablo 4 uses this control scheme on console.

Theswweet

RPG Site
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
California
Just played through RiME. I remember reading that the game supposedly doesn't perform very well, but I didn't have any issues running it on my desktop at 1440p/60, max settings. Beautiful game, really.

Hesemonni

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Oh, Slay the Spire doesn't have any sort of cloud saving ...

Nice to see after re-installing that all the progress is gone.

Status
Not open for further replies.