• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Casper

Oct 25, 2017
Does anyone know why on Ori, the controller is constantly fighting the PC to decide which one is active? Also moving the left thumbstick left/right messes with the frame time, It works perfectly for about 20-30 minutes then it just goes to shit. The Dpad work's just fine though...its so frecking bizarre.

Im using a DS4 with DS4Windows, if that makes a difference?

Is this the latest 2.0 version you are using? I haven't updated myself, as I mostly use an X1 controller via bluetooth (no adapter needed) these days. Can you possibly check calibration in DS4Windows and see what might be happening with < and > on left stick? See if perhaps it is mapped wrong?

DarthSontin

Oct 25, 2017
Pennsylvania
If you're interested in completing the quests, I'd recommend the Microsoft rewards subreddit. There's a poster there that does a guide for each months quest, including the easiest achievements to get and how to use certain games to complete 2 or 3 quests at once.

Thanks, but I mean that the Xbox One pops up a message saying that I have 2 hours remaining to play the game, which is strange since it is clearly listed in the Gamepass Quest as being a Gamepass game. I've never heard of Gamepass only allowing a 2 hour trial before.

TechnicPuppet

Oct 28, 2017
Thanks, but I mean that the Xbox One pops up a message saying that I have 2 hours remaining to play the game, which is strange since it is clearly listed in the Gamepass Quest as being a Gamepass game. I've never heard of Gamepass only allowing a 2 hour trial before.

It was an early access game before. Looks like it still thinks it is.

OneBadMutha

Nov 2, 2017
Console Game Pass is better. Also cost more. Either way, I'm surprised by PC gamers saying they feel like 2nd class citizens when they get Gears Tactics and Flight Sim first, Ori 2 and Halo Infinite at the same time as console gamers. Those games brand new not worth a $60 a year sub? Man...I finally got a gaming PC in large part because of Age of Empires and Gears Tactics. Tough crowd!

RedSparrows

Prophet of Regret
Feb 22, 2019
Console Game Pass is better. Also cost more. Either way, I'm surprised by PC gamers saying they feel like 2nd class citizens when they get Gears Tactics and Flight Sim first, Ori 2 and Halo Infinite at the same time as console gamers. Those games brand new not worth a $60 a year sub? Man...I finally got a gaming PC in large part because of Age of Empires and Gears Tactics. Tough crowd!

It's primarily due to the difference between console and pc releases, i.e there is a pattern of of getting fewer/different games. I suspect in a year the service will be much stronger. Plus PC gets Paradox Grand Strategy, which is Best PC so from my PoV it's great... If I didn't already own then all on Steam...

Bede-x

Oct 25, 2017
It's primarily due to the difference between console and pc releases, i.e there is a pattern of of getting fewer/different games.

But it's half the price. If they were same price I could see it, but as long as that isn't the case I think it's fair to expect fewer releases. It's $5/month to have access to entirely new games like Outer Worlds, Gears 5, Ori 2, Gears Tactics + a selection of other stuff. That's about as cheap as it gets for these kinds of services. How much to play Fallen Order on day one on EA's service?

When the beta is over and they raise the price, it'll be a different matter of course.

DarkManX

Dec 20, 2017
Decided to play my next game of Game Pass and it was Saints Row: The Third. Beat the first 2 of the series but never played this one. And i'm having a great time on it! But unfortunely, the frame rate is all over the place. Have parts that feel smooth and then some missions with some serious low frames.

Irrotational

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Ah sorry, misread your post! Not seem/heard of that situation before.

The long dark used to be in early access and had a trial (although I thought it was 1 hour not 2). So it looks like that warning/prompt is still triggering.

You should have access to the full game but I guess there's a risk a glitch happens when the 2 hours expires.

b0uncyfr0

Apr 2, 2018
Is this the latest 2.0 version you are using? I haven't updated myself, as I mostly use an X1 controller via bluetooth (no adapter needed) these days. Can you possibly check calibration in DS4Windows and see what might be happening with < and > on left stick? See if perhaps it is mapped wrong?

Yes, same problems with v2. But it seem's i've fixed it now - after importing the games into steam with UWPHook - the same controller is working without showing keyboard prompts every second and no frame time spikes either. So, UWP works better via steam, classic MS :|

crazillo

Apr 5, 2018
I played Afterparty for two nights and man, I'm disappointed. I loved Oxenfree and couldn't be more disappointed with the studio's new game despite some nice dialogue bits in between. Such a bummer. Glad Game Pass lets me try these type of titles though. I will finish it but only for the very reason that it's short.

cyrribrae

Chicken Chaser
Jan 21, 2019
I played Afterparty for two nights and man, I'm disappointed. I loved Oxenfree and couldn't be more disappointed with the studio's new game despite some nice dialogue bits in between. Such a bummer. Glad Game Pass lets me try these type of titles though. I will finish it but only for the very reason that it's short.
It's definitely a bit shallow, but what was disappointing?

crazillo

Apr 5, 2018
It's definitely a bit shallow, but what was disappointing?

I liked Oxenfree for it's coming of age story. We can all relate to the stuff the group of friends are facing. The mystery island and rescue missions are also fun but it's the dialogue that really grabbed me. You could also make some decisions in what ways to tackle and it seemed like your choices mattered. I haven't reached the very end of Afterparty yet, but for me this game's dialogue desperately tries to be very cool, with nobody seemingly caring that much about hell (or anything, really), the drinking mechanic is a nice idea but in the end doesn't change so much in gameplay/dialogue options. While Afterparty does look back on Lola and Milo's life, I just never felt like I could relate to the two that much, even if I want to try to help them escape hell. I was wondering whether it was just me feeling disappointed, but then I read the OT yesterday and many people weren't so thrilled about the game, it seems.

How did you like it?

AmirMoosavi

Dec 10, 2018
Got my xCloud invite today. Says you need a Bluetooth enabled Xbox controller but I connected it to my phone's USB-C port directly and it worked fine.

Feels like I'm living in the future, great stuff.

Voodoopeople

Oct 29, 2017
Got my xCloud invite today. Says you need a Bluetooth enabled Xbox controller but I connected it to my phone's USB-C port directly and it worked fine.

Feels like I'm living in the future, great stuff.

It's cool isn't it? I use it 3 or 4 times a week. Once it's rolled out properly I can see work lunches being taken up by gaming sessions with colleagues.

Joffy

Oct 30, 2017
Does anyone know if Frostpunk shares saves between PC and Xbox versions? I'd quite like to play on work PC during lunches...

AmirMoosavi

Dec 10, 2018
It's cool isn't it? I use it 3 or 4 times a week. Once it's rolled out properly I can see work lunches being taken up by gaming sessions with colleagues.

Yeah, I tried it at home and it was laggy but I brought my controller into the office to show off to a coworker who finally pushed me to get the "£1 for 3 months of Game Pass Ultimate" deal and the lag was a lot better while messing around with SoulCalibur VI. Sad that so many of Kilik's moves have changed since the first game, though, felt like such a noob :P

If GTAV comes to xCloud it'll be mindblowing playing that on a phone. I tried Moonlight at home a few weeks ago with the 2013 Tomb Raider but the lag was too bad, and I don't leave my PC on when I'm not using it so it's not a way that I could play games on my lunch break in the office.

Voodoopeople

Oct 29, 2017
Yeah, I tried it at home and it was laggy but I brought my controller into the office to show off to a coworker who finally pushed me to get the "£1 for 3 months of Game Pass Ultimate" deal and the lag was a lot better while messing around with SoulCalibur VI. Sad that so many of Kilik's moves have changed since the first game, though, felt like such a noob :P

If GTAV comes to xCloud it'll be mindblowing playing that on a phone. I tried Moonlight at home a few weeks ago with the 2013 Tomb Raider but the lag was too bad, and I don't leave my PC on when I'm not using it so it's not a way that I could play games on my lunch break in the office.

Have you tried changing the settings on your home router from 2.4ghz to 5ghz?

Deleted member 56752

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
May 15, 2019
I liked Oxenfree for it's coming of age story. We can all relate to the stuff the group of friends are facing. The mystery island and rescue missions are also fun but it's the dialogue that really grabbed me. You could also make some decisions in what ways to tackle and it seemed like your choices mattered. I haven't reached the very end of Afterparty yet, but for me this game's dialogue desperately tries to be very cool, with nobody seemingly caring that much about hell (or anything, really), the drinking mechanic is a nice idea but in the end doesn't change so much in gameplay/dialogue options. While Afterparty does look back on Lola and Milo's life, I just never felt like I could relate to the two that much, even if I want to try to help them escape hell. I was wondering whether it was just me feeling disappointed, but then I read the OT yesterday and many people weren't so thrilled about the game, it seems.

How did you like it?
I personally don't think shallow can be a criticism of an indie game, especially when you didn't pay for it. There are some indie games that made us wait for like 5-7 years. That it came out is exceptional. I mean obviously it's a free country so say what you want but in my opinion, context is king.

I do agree the dialogue can be heavy handed at times. It's hard to relate to someone who has carefully crafted one liners throughout the entire piece. It would be different if they paced those *Good Writing* moments better throughout the game. Unfortunately, *Good Writing* dialog permeates almost every line of the game. Feels like they hired a professional writer after having a normal employee/programmer try his/her hand at writing in Oxenfree.

The actual game I enjoyed. I loved the cast. Dave Fennoy hype! The art style was great. The locations and ideas for the characters were excellent. Plot was great. Lore was great. I thought the game was a little long actually. I prefer short games. It took me like 2 weeks to beat Star Wars Jedi Fallen Order and that was too much. Sound design was exceptional. It ran a little worse than oxenfree. Drinking mechanics were fun, flashback moments were fun. Wish they only would've posited the fact they were dead and in hell a little more though. There's so much to consider there.

AmirMoosavi

Dec 10, 2018
Yakuza 0 on gamepass might become my "must play" game. Heard lots of good things about the series from GB, but avoided watching too much due to spoilers

Played it on PC and loved it. My advice would be not to search anything Yakuza related on YouTube because you then get a whole bunch of spoilers for subsequent entries in the series in your suggestions :(

Mack

Banned
May 30, 2019
Sell me on Yakuza. Haven't really been interested in the series till now. What's so great about it?

Irrotational

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Sell me on Yakuza. Haven't really been interested in the series till now. What's so great about it?
AmirMoosavi ok - will try to avoid that!

Mack - my general impression is that the games have fairly wild story lines and weird mini-games e.g. karaoke, dancing, "protecting" ladies etc.

Aside from that, I don't know much as I haven't played any yet...but I am very curious. The combat is not great, but decent, so you're mainly playing for the story and randomness.

tumblr_inline_pa6kzieut31r8z83a_540.gif

Mack

Banned
May 30, 2019
Thanks to the beauty of Game Pass I'll give Yakuza games a try. Got nothing to loose ;)

grmlin

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
Game Pass is the reason I'll get the next Xbox first, I just can't ignore the value you get out of it.

Unless there is Bloodborne 2, that would change things

Oct 25, 2017
I will be giving frostpunk another shot. I barely played it on origin. That is weak side to the game pass system, I download it and sometimes never even launch it once lol... I mean I have these games I own and want to play still...

Divinity original sin 2, deus ex mankind divided, fallout 4, GTA5... just to name a few.

But I also want to get value out of the pass as much as possible, since it is subscription based.

Still waiting on final fantasy lol... twitter said soon but what the hell that means is beyond human comprehension.

I think if I stick with this game pass stuff long term I will definitely need a third storage drive.

crazillo

Apr 5, 2018
Kingdom Hearts really deserves launch day support... Although then it doesn't because it was stupid to not bring it over much much earlier. It seems Square is more experimenting with legacy titles on Game Pass anyway.

elenarie

Game Developer
Verified
Jun 10, 2018
Does anyone know if Frostpunk has all the DLCs?

EDIT: Apparently there are 2 more that are yet to come out. :p

grmlin

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
Frostpunk is addicting. Great addition to the service. Works well enough with a controller, too

turned the difficulty down for my first run though lol

Status
Not open for further replies.