• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

big_z

Nov 2, 2017
Any news about Control hitting Game Pass?

Phil Spencer mentioned it was coming then Microsoft issued a statement that it was a mistake. It's quite possible its on the list of games they would like to add to gamepass but haven't gotten it locked in yet. I wouldnt be shocked it if shows up on the service earlier next year.

JimD

Aug 17, 2018
Phil Spencer mentioned it was coming then Microsoft issued a statement that it was a mistake. It's quite possible its on the list of games they would like to add to gamepass but haven't gotten it locked in yet. I wouldnt be shocked it if shows up on the service earlier next year.

Pure speculation here: It wouldn't surprise me if they had an agreement in principle for Control to come to GP but Spencer was NOT supposed to announce it that early. Since it likely hurt Control's sales over the holiday, they'd need to renegotiate the financial terms and delay the release a bit. So yeah, early next year still seems like a real possibility.

Hesemonni

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Started Senua's Sacrifice yesterday evening and people weren't kidding when they said the game has absolutely mind blowing sound design.

RatskyWatsky

Are we human or are we dancer?
Oct 25, 2017
Has anyone had trouble with Game Pass working on PC? I downloaded the Beta app and signed in, but it's not registering that I have 3 months of free Game Pass for PC, even though when I click 'Manage Account', it takes me to a web page that clearly states that I do have it. The app just prompts me to subscribe to Game Pass even though I already have it...

leng jai

Nov 2, 2017
Definitely use a nice headset with Dolby Atmos if you have it...it really makes the game a whole new experience

It's a custom binaural mix designed specifically for headphones, the game doesn't even support Atmos. The best way is using a nice pair of stereo headphones and turning off any extra sound processing.

Judge

Vault-Tec Seal of Approval
Oct 25, 2017
It's a custom binaural mix designed specifically for headphones, the game doesn't even support Atmos. The best way is using a nice pair of stereo headphones and turning off any extra sound processing.
Oh really? I specifically used my Atmos trial for it. I'm a fool!

Oct 25, 2017
Has anyone had trouble with Game Pass working on PC? I downloaded the Beta app and signed in, but it's not registering that I have 3 months of free Game Pass for PC, even though when I click 'Manage Account', it takes me to a web page that clearly states that I do have it. The app just prompts me to subscribe to Game Pass even though I already have it...

Once I logged into the right account it worked.

RatskyWatsky

Oct 25, 2017
Maybe log out then back in again? Remind it who you are.

I tried downloading a game through the Microsoft Store app (not the Xbox Beta app) and it says that it's downloading now (Gears 5). I assume it wouldn't be downloading if it wasn't going to play? (unless it's going to prompt me to buy it after I've already installed it? that's not a thing is it?)

leng jai

Nov 2, 2017
The Windows Store version of Metro Exodus is such a shit show. Was working fine for weeks and now all of a sudden it won't get past the intro movie again and not even safe mode gets it to boot. Just said fuck it and bought the Gold edition on EGS instead for $20, wanted the season pass anyway.

Hella

Oct 27, 2017
I tried downloading a game through the Microsoft Store app (not the Xbox Beta app) and it says that it's downloading now (Gears 5). I assume it wouldn't be downloading if it wasn't going to play? (unless it's going to prompt me to buy it after I've already installed it? that's not a thing is it?)
Does it say "download with Game Pass" or w/e? You should be good.

The MS Store is a separate app that was used before the Xbox App. You'll miss out on the convenient organisation of the Xbox App for as long as it's broken, but you should be fine downloading games independantly through the MS Store. The Xbox App will seamlessly integrate them once it sorts itself out.

One thing you could do is download a smaller game to test the waters. Slay the Spire is only 500 MB for instance. If that works, they should all work, I think.

RatskyWatsky

Oct 25, 2017
Wait I think it's finally working...

The subscription is finally listed in my account. I didn't even do anything different - it just started working on it's own (after like 2 fucking hours). I'll download a small game (Dead Cells) just to make sure.

Teggy

Oct 25, 2017
I have owned Subnautica for a while on steam and played it a little but there was a quest for it this month so I booted it up on
PC gamepass to give it another shot. 45 hours later I finished with 1000/1000. It requires some patience but it is quite a game.

brink22

Feb 22, 2018
So I don't own an Xbox but I really loved Ori on the switch. I want to play the sequel, so I'm thinking of getting an Xbox one S all digital for $150 and using game pass in March. I don't want to spend a ton of money on an X since it's the end of the generation. Will I regret not playing it on the Xbox one X? Any other suggestions?

Windu

Oct 25, 2017
So I don't own an Xbox but I really loved Ori on the switch. I want to play the sequel, so I'm thinking of getting an Xbox one S all digital for $150 and using game pass in March. I don't want to spend a ton of money on an X since it's the end of the generation. Will I regret not playing it on the Xbox one X? Any other suggestions?
I'm sure it will look and play great on all supported platforms.

OneBadMutha

Nov 2, 2017
Another week, more Game Pass discoveries. On Christmas Eve after my 14 year old daughter stayed up to help me wrap presents, she decided to game with me for the first time in years. Played Goose Game and LiS2 episode 1. She's in to that dramatic stuff. She also couldn't get enough of Goose Game. Came back from her moms looking to play it again today. Took over the Xbox. 2 games I would've never purchased.

Then I beat Pedro this week. Really solid game. Not perfect but once I got the hang of it, it stuck. Couldn't believe when I found out one person made it. Worth playing just to appreciate the talent of that dev. Seeing what smaller teams will be capable of next gen has me extra excited.

Finally got into Slay the Spire today. Never played a card game before. Now I keep thinking of it. Holy crap is it addictive!

Deleted member 36578

Dec 21, 2017
I was browsing all the games on PC and noticed Ori and the Will of the Wisps. I did a triple take thinking it was stealth released or something but it's obviously a pre-load. I don;t remember any game on game pass having a pre-load out this far in advance though. A March 10th release date. Do any other games have something like this? It seems really weird to me.

Somnia

Chicken Chaser
Oct 25, 2017
I was browsing all the games on PC and noticed Ori and the Will of the Wisps. I did a triple take thinking it was stealth released or something but it's obviously a pre-load. I don;t remember any game on game pass having a pre-load out this far in advance though. A March 10th release date. Do any other games have something like this? It seems really weird to me.

They started early advance pre-load options awhile back. You can setup Gears Tactics, Wasteland 3 and Ori for predownload already.

Hella

Oct 27, 2017
Being able to easily preload all six megabytes of an upcoming game really makes having it take up half of the Game Pass screen for, like, six months a good trade-off.

Luminish

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Denver
Played some Yoko's Island Express, and pinball adventure platformer seems like a great idea, but I don't know. Feels like it's almost a good game but is somehow missing something. Maybe the complete lack of punishment for failure takes away more than you'd think it would.

TheOneJat

Oct 1, 2018
Played some Yoko's Island Express, and pinball adventure platformer seems like a great idea, but I don't know. Feels like it's almost a good game but is somehow missing something. Maybe the complete lack of punishment for failure takes away more than you'd think it would.

Just recently finished it myself and thoroughly enjoyed it. Felt like it was very well paced. I can see it lacking in difficulty for some but definitely a nice little palate cleanser from some of my recent games.

Luminish

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Denver
Any idea on the odds of Baba is You and Hypnospace Outlaw coming to gamepass or ea access.

It kinda sucks waiting for games to go onto subscription services when there's a possibility it'd never ever happen.

Hella

Oct 27, 2017
Any idea on the odds of Baba is You and Hypnospace Outlaw coming to gamepass or ea access.

It kinda sucks waiting for games to go onto subscription services when there's a possibility it'd never ever happen.
I could see them headlining a Humble Monthly or something in 2020, but they seem too new for a subscription service.

Luminish

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Denver
I could see them headlining a Humble Monthly or something in 2020, but they seem too new for a subscription service.
No older than Outer Wilds, Ape Out, or Untitled Goose Game on Game Pass. Or Katana Zero on EA Access

I forgot Humble Choice was a thing. I wonder how that compares to gamepass and ea access. I know the model's a bit different.

There's also Uplay Plus, but that looks like it's solely Ubisoft games, which makes it the worst of them all. No offense meant to Ubisoft games, but needs more than that.

DaeJim

Founder LifeisXbox.eu
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
Metro Exodus looks fantastic but what the hell is happening with the sound? This has to be the worst game I ever played when it comes to sound.

Is this a known thing?

JayTholen

Hypnospace Outlaw
Verified
Mar 10, 2019

We're not putting Hypnospace in a bundle or subscription thing for as long as possible unless they offer an incredible deal. I'd say possibly 2021 at the earliest? Could change of course, but that's the plan for now! :0)

Nabbit

Oct 25, 2017
It gets a lot better as it goes on, save for one wonky mechanic. The secrets are really a delight to find and the level design is too notch. I only started to dig it a couple hours in though, not sure how far in you were when you posted this.

Nabbit

Oct 25, 2017
We're not putting Hypnospace in a bundle or subscription thing for as long as possible unless they offer an incredible deal. I'd say possibly 2021 at the earliest? Could change of course, but that's the plan for now! :0)
I've been learning about your game as it pops up on GOTY lists! It looks super awesome.
Any plans to come to console? Not subscription, but just in general.

Cincaid

Oct 28, 2017
Sweden
Today I finally ordered an Xbox One X and also made sure to get 3 months of Game Pass Ultimate for next to nothing.

One potential dumb question though: if I understood it correctly no DLC are included with games on Game Pass, like Witcher 3 or Fallout 4. If I want to play the DLC, should I just buy it / season pass normally on the store, or how does it work? And then if the game is removed from Game Pass I'm out of luck?

Cocolina

Oct 28, 2017
Today I finally ordered an Xbox One X and also made sure to get 3 months of Game Pass Ultimate for next to nothing.

One potential dumb question though: if I understood it correctly no DLC are included with games on Game Pass, like Witcher 3 or Fallout 4. If I want to play the DLC, should I just buy it / season pass normally on the store, or how does it work? And then if the game is removed from Game Pass I'm out of luck?

if you want DLC you should buy the whole game and the DLC, or the ultimate edition or whatever otherwise you'll get locked out of it if the game's removed from game pass

Adryuu

Master of the Wind
Oct 27, 2017
Just saw on the xbox that Rime, Just Cause 3 and Lego: thing are leaving soon. Incoming new games/announcements?

Also looking forward to some new quests, need some time to decide what to play next in/outside gamepass.

Feb 1, 2018
Europe

I think some games have full DLC included. It depends.

Paul

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Friend of mine gave me 3 month GP Ultimate voucher he got at paradoxcon since he doesn't game much. So I bit the bullet and bought 24 months of Live Gold for 90 euros, got 26 months from it and then applied the voucher..so now I have GP Ultimate until july 2022 for 90 euros.
I like this deal quite a bit.
Now if only MS would abandon their encrypted shit and allowed us to install games wherever we want.
And added games from xbox to PC, like Outer Wilds and LiS 2.

Deleted member 51306

User requested account closure
Banned
Dec 27, 2018
My wife and I have spent around 15 hours playing Overcooked 2. Never would have tried it if it wasn't for gp and now we love it. Bought all the dlc for it after playing for awhile.

Aniki

Oct 25, 2017
Bought Operencia on EGS without realizing it was on GP.
Thanks for the heads up. I didn't know either it was on GP and i was very close to buying it on the EGS. Damn, GP is the gift that keeps on giving. Will get to it after i'm finished with Metro Exodus and Unavowed.

Nabbit

Oct 25, 2017
If I get 3 months for $1 (dashboard), can I go back to regular GP after it expires, or am I stuck in Ultimate forever? (I don't need Ultimate, I just want the cheapest GP offering.)

Status
Not open for further replies.