• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Vex

Oct 25, 2017
yep I did, rip. My games still run though.
Yea you're fucked. When I did that. All my windows apps got fucked so I tried to fix this by tinkering with the registries (because I didn't want to reinstall everything just to point to another drive).

Long story short, don't do what I did. I ended up breaking my windows installation even after making backups of everything.

Last edited:

Catvoca

Oct 25, 2017
Pathologic 2 really runs like shit on Xbox One S. I'm not too picky about frame rates but this is a slide-show.

Jag

Oct 26, 2017
Playing Rage 2. Is this totally derivative of every other wasteland shooter out there? Feels like I'm playing Mad Max again.

leng jai

Nov 2, 2017
The end product of Rage 2 definitely does feel like a "pointless" release, especially because it was probably expensive to make. It was pretty obvious the game wasn't going to review or sell well.

J_Viper

Oct 25, 2017
Hmm seems like when I get around to Pathologic, I should roll with the PC version

Finally started up Hellblade, and it has been incredible so far

Oneself

#TeamThierry
Oct 26, 2017
Montréal, Québec, Canada
Got 3 months of Ultimate for 1.15$ CAD and I must say that Gamepass (PC) is awesome... As in, I don't know how not to continue subscribing afterwards. I buy a lot of games and I like to try as many as possible, so it's like heaven or something close to it.
Only the download speeds are generally terrible though and some games (like Hydro Thunder) never seem to work properly with a controller. Oh and I know it's still beta but it fails connecting more often than I'd like to.
First time playing Forza Horizon 4, best racer since Driveclub.

JaseC64

Enlightened
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Strong Island NY
Hey so I have GP Ultumate. I recently got a cheap Xb1x and gaming pc so I'm covered on both fronts.

So since GPU Grant's you xbox live, can I also "redeem" the month gold games and add them to my account?

I'm new to the Xbox ecosystem so I need to be sure I'm getting the most out of my account.

Also do you normally have to download an app to play blurays? I did download an app literally called Bluray Player or something. I found this really odd.

Terbinator

Oct 29, 2017
Hey so I have GP Ultumate. I recently got a cheap Xb1x and gaming pc so I'm covered on both fronts.

So since GPU Grant's you xbox live, can I also "redeem" the month gold games and add them to my account?

I'm new to the Xbox ecosystem so I need to be sure I'm getting the most out of my account.

Also do you normally have to download an app to play blurays? I did download an app literally called Bluray Player or something. I found this really odd.
Yes, on both accounts.

For the BD player app - I believe it's to saveS on licensing money so they only pay out for those who use the playback functionality of the drive/app.

NitX

Lead Developer
Verified
Aug 20, 2018

Yes you get the GwG games every month and yeah the blu ray player needs to be installed to play movies.

Deleted member 2254

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Gotta say, while I had high hopes for Demon's Tilt, I wasn't sure it would jump in my yearly top 10, but I'm pretty sure it's there quite firmly now. What an amazing game, best pinball experience I've had in many years.

Oct 25, 2017
I know I asked before but my dashboard has now updated to this new vertical look instead of the horizontal one.
I've lost the little tile that had the EA Access, Spotify and Discord deal on.
I have the £1 deal and got Discord Nitro sorted but does anyone know where I go to get the other two? I did the deal about 3 weeks ago now and have had no codes.
Previously I'd click the tile and a QR code would come
Up but now even when the tiles there it just took me to the store on the dashboard and never gave any details about how to get the free items.

Aldi

Oct 27, 2017
United Kingdom
I personally don't like demons tilt and I love pinball games (spent a small fortune on pinball FX)

I find the game way too punishing, it's hard to get a good run going so therefore the game becomes frustrating.

Vex

Oct 25, 2017
Gotta say, while I had high hopes for Demon's Tilt, I wasn't sure it would jump in my yearly top 10, but I'm pretty sure it's there quite firmly now. What an amazing game, best pinball experience I've had in many years.
Alright. I'm gonna have to give this damn pinball game a try now.

This shit better be good guys! >:)

Deleted member 2254

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I personally don't like demons tilt and I love pinball games (spent a small fortune on pinball FX)

I find the game way to punishing, it's hard to get a good run going.

The bottom area is quite punishing, but I haven't found it to be more extreme than the majority of Pinball FX3 tables. It does, in fact, have less ways for the ball to go down, and with two further stories above you can guarantee your survival by virtue of just staying above the bottom. I've had many 40+ minutes matches and while the bottom can be punishing, it's actually not that difficult to stay alive once you know what you're doing.

Nabbit

Oct 25, 2017
Anyone looking for a pinball-adjacent game to play, definitely try Yoku's Island Express if you haven't. It's a pinball Metroidvania and leans into both concepts for a delightful genre mashup packed with creativity, a compelling game world, clever level design, a gorgeous art style, and charming characters and secrets.

Vex

Oct 25, 2017
Anyone looking for a pinball-adjacent game to play, definitely try Yoku's Island Express if you haven't. It's a pinball Metroidvania and leans into both concepts for a delightful genre mashup packed with creativity, a compelling game world, clever level design, a gorgeous art style, and charming characters and secrets.
Damn. I did the "dice roll" suggestion on gamepass and it rolled that game. I turned it down because I thought the name was stupid. Didn't know it was metroidvania. Lol

Nabbit

Oct 25, 2017
Damn. I did the "dice roll" suggestion on gamepass and it rolled that game. I turned it down because I thought the name was stupid. Didn't know it was metroidvania. Lol
My work here is done. Don't let Oxenfree pass you by either! (That one's not a Metroidvania at all though.)

Adryuu

Master of the Wind
Oct 27, 2017
What time do new games get added? Honk game gets added tomorrow but I wonder if it'll be ready by midnight, hopefully.

Status
Not open for further replies.