• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Detective Pidgey

Alt Account
Banned
Jun 4, 2019
Holy crap, I thought Darksiders 3 was for December, but nope, here it is! Sweet.

Also Smoke and Sacrifice, where did that come from? Very special game so far.

Teggy

Oct 25, 2017
I finished up the Rage 2 main story. I think the main problem with the game is that the activities in the world are very disconnected with the main storyline. It's a big sandbox with very little incentive to play in it. If you just follow the main storyline you will probably be able to move forward, with the exception of just a few activities to level up your weapons and health.

You can race and collect cars, but there's not much reason to outside of beefing up your car, and there's not a lot of reason to have a strong car. You can do arena fights, but about all you'll get is weapon skins. So that stuff sits there and gets quickly forgotten unless you're really into that gameplay.

I imagine on difficulties higher than normal more upgrades would be helpful, but even so I had a decent amount.

Not a terrible way to spend 15 hours, but it could have been a lot more.

Oct 25, 2017
It should be on your Xbox dashboard under the Game Pass section. It's like a little ad that pops up on the right side (at least that's where it was for me).
Ah got it, thanks!

Does anyone know how to activate this Spotify stuff?

I made a new Spotify account but when I try and activate it, it tells me my brand new Spotify account isnt eligible for that offer.
Its a brand new account, made in the last hour.

leng jai

Nov 2, 2017
Finally finished Exodus, honestly wouldn't have bothered without RTX. The boat section near the end has to be the least fun I've ever had in a video game, terrible.

Aumann

Nov 11, 2017
Anyone having trouble with the Xbox Game Pass Mobile Quest? Ive tried using the mobile app to download a game to my console (about 10 different games) and its still not counting it. I had an issue with the quest not counting my log ina but that eventually competed after 5 or 6 days. Hope I can complete it before the expiration date.

Teggy

Oct 25, 2017
Has anyone experienced a PC game crashing when it signs in to XBOX live? I'm having this problem with Mutant Zero. When it gets to the "signing in" message, it crashed every time. I've tried restarting, redownloading, etc. There are some threads on it on the web, but none with a real solution.

Oct 27, 2017
Anyone having issues with their sub? It says I've stil got an active ultimate sub, but when I try launchnig a game on either pc or xbox I get a prompt requesting to join gamepass

pg2g

Dec 18, 2018
Have never played a Souls/Souls-like game. Any suggestions of one on GP that I could start with?

Adryuu

Master of the Wind
Oct 27, 2017
Have never played a Souls/Souls-like game. Any suggestions of one on GP that I could start with?

There's also Ashen and, if you had asked a couple months ago, The Surge. Right now there aren't a lot of options.
Remnant is also a shooter, not the full souls experience if you mean melee focused combat.
Ashen is a bit in the simple side though but still fun to explore.

Adryuu

Master of the Wind
Oct 27, 2017
Btw I'm finishing up Death Stranding so I'll be back to gamepass soon.
When was Prey added (so could it be removed soon or no worry) and how does it run on the X? Input lag like in ps4 at launch?
How does Darksiders 3 run on X? I guess that one has all the patches it'll get so I'll play anyway
Alien Isolation isn't X enhanced, right? Will it suck?

killerrin

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
Anyone know of its possible to buy/gift Game Pass for PC? I wanted to get a year of that for my brother for his birthday though I can't seem to find out if it's possible.

ThereAre4Lights

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Btw I'm finishing up Death Stranding so I'll be back to gamepass soon.
When was Prey added (so could it be removed soon or no worry) and how does it run on the X? Input lag like in ps4 at launch?
How does Darksiders 3 run on X? I guess that one has all the patches it'll get so I'll play anyway
Alien Isolation isn't X enhanced, right? Will it suck?

Prey was supposed to have less input lag on the Xbox One. I know the PS4 had some problems with it at launch, but they patched it to make it better. I played on the Pro months after launch and it was fine for me. Never tried it on the X.

DS3 on the XB1X is supposed to be the best console version.

Alien Isolation never got a X patch. It had a smoother framerate on the PS4 vs the original Xbox One, so the X might help with performance. I've never seen a comparison video since the mid-gen upgrades.

Ushay

Oct 27, 2017
Have to say, Remnant From the Ashes is my new favourite game. It's so good, the perfect combination of 3rd person shooter and Dark Souls.

Get my ass kicked so much on it but the experiences forces you to learn and adapt. Beating a boss after learning the mechanics is so satisfying. Amazing game.

DvdGzz

Banned
Mar 21, 2018
Have to say, Remnant From the Ashes is my new favourite game. It's so good, the perfect combination of 3rd person shooter and Dark Souls.

Get my ass kicked so much on it but the experiences forces you to learn and adapt. Beating a boss after learning the mechanics is so satisfying. Amazing game.

Yes and the fact that you respawn so quickly and you keep your experience and currency makes it way less aggravating. It is an awesome game.

oracledragon

Oct 27, 2017
Anyone know of its possible to buy/gift Game Pass for PC? I wanted to get a year of that for my brother for his birthday though I can't seem to find out if it's possible.

YMMV since I am in Canada, but Best Buy and EB Games / Gamestop sell codes. Both have them 50% off for black friday as well right now (so $25 CAD for 3 months).

AM_LIGHT

Oct 30, 2017
I bought a 3 months GPU to extend my subscription but it keeps telling to change my region . My initial subscription has been made on the Saudi store but I set my console region to the US and still no use . Am I fucked ?

sora bora

Oct 27, 2017
Finally finished Exodus, honestly wouldn't have bothered without RTX. The boat section near the end has to be the least fun I've ever had in a video game, terrible.
The worm stuff? That whole part of the game really brought things to a screeching halt.

One of the most disappointing games of this gen. And that is independent of its general bugginess. It was neat to test out my Atmos setup but it was a slog to get through.

Only parts I really enjoyed were the corridors, which reminded me fondly of previous Metro games.

AM_LIGHT

Oct 30, 2017
If any one is interested I have a 3 months GPU code that I bought from Amazon but couldn't redeem because my current subscription is in a different region.
The code is US only . PM me if you want to buy it for 25$ . I'll accept the money through PayPal.

leng jai

Nov 2, 2017
One of the most disappointing games of this gen. And that is independent of its general bugginess. It was neat to test out my Atmos setup but it was a slog to get through.

Only parts I really enjoyed were the corridors, which reminded me fondly of previous Metro games.

Funny you mention Atmos too because the sound mixing in the game is awful too. Those tap dancing footsteps are the most annoying sound effects I've ever heard in a game.

Ramble

Sep 21, 2019
Are there any game pass deals live now or coming up soon?

I keep seeing mention of 3 months of Game Pass Ultimate for B1G1 at Walmart but I can't find it in any ad or on their site.

Best I can find in any of the ads is Best Buy's 3 months for $25.

I didn't know about the $1 Gold conversion for new subs until it was too late. :(

AM_LIGHT

Oct 30, 2017
Are there any game pass deals live now or coming up soon?

I keep seeing mention of 3 months of Game Pass Ultimate for B1G1 at Walmart but I can't find it in any ad or on their site.

Best I can find in any of the ads is Best Buy's 3 months for $25.

I didn't know about the $1 Gold conversion for new subs until it was too late. :(
Dude I can sell you my 3 months code for 23$ .see my previous post

SinkFla

Oct 26, 2017
Pensacola, Fl
Can you upgrade from Game pass or Live to Ultimate at any time if you've done it in the past? I'm still trying to work out the most inexpensive way of getting both as my old subscription lapsed lol.

toastybanana

Oct 27, 2017
Do Xbox Live/Game Pass codes always convert into a ratio of days/weeks of whatever sub you already have? I'll probably move to PC only when my current Ultimate sub runs out. I have some Game Pass codes left over and am just curious if I can save them for later.

SpartyCrunch

Xbox
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Seattle, WA
Subnautica reminds me of Outer Wilds a bit
Absolutely! I just hit an incredible moment in Subnautica yesterday and it definitely feels a lot like Outer Wilds, even though the games play nothing alike.

So I'm 4-5 hours into the game, and get a bunch of radio transmissions from my crew trying to come and rescue me. They point out a drop site and tell me they'll be there in 40 minutes.

A 40-minute countdown timer appears on my screen. I'm not in a rush - I have plenty of equipment, food, water, I know how to find more of those things, etc. So I carefully and deliberately make my way over to the drop site with enough stuff to spare, and enough time to explore the drop site a bit.

First surprise was that there was a huge land mass over there! WTF?! Partly due to a bad draw distance in the game, but then just surprising in general. But then I noticed the strange technology and buildings there...very strange.

Then the 40-minute timer expires, my buddies arrive, and get shot the f*** out of the sky WHAT THE HELL

What made that moment even better, as a game moment, was that there was no inner monologue. There was no direction of what to do next. I was just.....completely alone, in complete silence. And now I need to figure out myself what to do next.

Status
Not open for further replies.