• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nabbit

Oct 25, 2017
Re: Yoku's Island Express

Huh. I tried it for 10 minutes, realized it was pinball, and wrote it off (despite it's A/V being wonderful. How long did it take you to be grabbed?

Probably a couple hours. The initial NPCs, gameplay mechanics and setting just didn't appeal to us much. It seemed to us like moving around the world via pinball was not going to be diverse or interesting enough to be fun as non-pinball plans and I thought it would be too difficult to aim the ball where I wanted it go. We dropped the demo partway through on Switch and tried the game again on XB1 a few months later. I'm glad to say I was wrong about all of that. Pinballing is super fun, fresh and creative. I totally got the hang of aiming (though there is one pretty tricky late-game mechanic). The NPCs and settings after the initial area were much more interesting to me than the first one. The gameplay mechanics themselves feel smooth, the pseudo-platforming is really tight, and the exploration of the world is incredibly fun and rewarding. The various secrets are compelling and intriguing.

My first impression was totally wrong and I'm very glad to say that, it was one of my favorite games I played this year.

Oct 28, 2017
Anyone in here playing Star Wars Jedi Fallen Order on an Xbox One S? Curious about performance after the DF videos.

Might just get Sekiro instead.

Plz halp.

OneBadMutha

Nov 2, 2017
With Game Pass coming to Xcloud in the future, do you think it's safe to assume that everyone with Game Pass ultimate will be able to stream the games not available on their platform? Age of Empires got me thinking about getting a PC...but I'm waiting for clarification regarding streaming options.

As an aside, Remnant is really working for me. Originally uninstalled it...but decided to give it another chance the next day. For some reason the gameplay was calling me back. I don't think it looks particularly interesting. The writing is not good. Don't like the randomness. The gameplay is pretty good though. I dig the Dark Souls with guns mix. Franchise has real potential.

Feb 15, 2018
Rare Replay collection is completely clogging up my game library. I'm guessing it's not safe to delete any of the instances that appear? As well as there being an overall Rare Replay icon, there is an icon for every game, sometimes 2....

Windu

Oct 25, 2017
With Game Pass coming to Xcloud in the future, do you think it's safe to assume that everyone with Game Pass ultimate will be able to stream the games not available on their platform? Age of Empires got me thinking about getting a PC...but I'm waiting for clarification regarding streaming options.

As an aside, Remnant is really working for me. Originally uninstalled it...but decided to give it another chance the next day. For some reason the gameplay was calling me back. I don't think it looks particularly interesting. The writing is not good. Don't like the randomness. The gameplay is pretty good though. I dig the Dark Souls with guns mix. Franchise has real potential.
xCloud uses Xbox Console hardware in the datacenter. Age of Empires is not on Console. So, don't get your hopes up that AOE will be streaming to your phone through xCloud anytime soon.

grmlin

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
xCloud uses Xbox Console hardware in the datacenter. Age of Empires is not on Console. So, don't get your hopes up that AOE will be streaming to your phone through xCloud anytime soon.
I'm disappointed tbh. MS pushed mouse and keyboard support for Xbox and their own titles don't support it? Or is it because controller support is mandatory?

DrDamn

Oct 27, 2017
Rare Replay collection is completely clogging up my game library. I'm guessing it's not safe to delete any of the instances that appear? As well as there being an overall Rare Replay icon, there is an icon for every game, sometimes 2....

It's a horribly messy install from the user perspective. I understand why it ended up that way, but it would be great if it could be self contained.

I'm disappointed tbh. MS pushed mouse and keyboard support for Xbox and their own titles don't support it? Or is it because controller support is mandatory?

There is a difference between supporting M&KB and releasing a game which requires I guess. For AoEIV at least they have said they want to get the PC version done and then look at what they can do to adapt to a controller interface for X1. So maybe in the future.

SuikerBrood

Jan 21, 2018

While Microsoft is committing to some type of launch next year, it's not ready to talk about price or exact launch dates yet, but the company is also planning to bring xCloud to Windows 10 PCs and it sounds like PC games could be streamed here in the future.

Microsoft is only saying "next year" for Windows 10 support, but it's more likely we'll see it appear in the next few months than toward the end of 2020. I asked Kareem Choudhry, the head of cloud gaming at Microsoft, about how the company will handle keyboard and mouse support for Xbox games when they're streamed via xCloud to a PC. Not many Xbox games support keyboard and mouse right now, and there's a challenge getting developers involved. "What you're saying is absolutely true for Xbox game content right now, but there will be more types of content," says Choudhry.

That sure sounds like Microsoft is planning to stream PC games through xCloud in the future, but Choudhry is only hinting at this future right now. Microsoft isn't committing to exactly where xCloud will go here.

lucebuce

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Pakistan
I have Game Pass Ultimate but I'm PC only. Can I not get that 3 month Nitro?

EDIT: It says it on the site above that there is no way :(

SpartyCrunch

Xbox
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Seattle, WA
I just started playing Subnautica last night and am really enjoying it so far. I felt a little lost but then looked up a couple getting started guides, and they set me into the right mindset.

DrDamn

Oct 27, 2017
Leaving soon … Abzu, Below, Grid 2, Strange Brigade, Kingdom Two Crowns. Going to give Below a good go before it disappears.

Deleted member 35071

User requested account closure
Banned
Dec 1, 2017
finally snatched Remnant.

Kinda hate the aesthetic of the cliche old brown & grey gritty apocalypse thing. But everything else im liking. Controls feel good

CallmeDave

Oct 27, 2017
Dang, Remnant is pretty slick. Good controls, guns feel good and some good enemy variety. I remember there being lots of Dark Souls comparisons but honestly feels more like a Diablo game.

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
Dang, Remnant is pretty slick. Good controls, guns feel good and some good enemy variety. I remember there being lots of Dark Souls comparisons but honestly feels more like a Diablo game.

Except theres barely any loot, the loot there is is crafted from boss items like dark souls, it's a third person shooter and not a top down action rpg, but sure, let's say it's more like Diablo :p

DrDamn

Oct 27, 2017
I recommend Remnant, and having got most of the way through would say it does do the Souls-shooter thing pretty well. There is no dropping of currency when you die and the levels are randomly created rather than hand crafted, but aside from the boss battles they have captured a souls feel many other copies miss. That is in the mystery and unknown, you find small areas which are not explained and it's obvious what you should do. At the same time it also finds some identity of it's own. It's not perfect, and the randomness can cause some nasty difficulty spikes, but it's a great game overall.

Defect

Oct 25, 2017
It is Dark Souls with guns and without the interconnected world.

88ca0cf7-99d9-4324-8400-729ea981112d.PNG

rabathehutch

Nov 1, 2017
is this for NA only? I cant find this "discord banner" on my EU gamepass screen
Looking at the small print Discord Nitro codes are avaible to Brazil, Canada, France, Germany, Mexico, UK and US. So it might be possible to change EU region to get access to the codes.

*Not valid for existing Xbox Game Pass Ultimate members, other exclusions apply. Offer available in all Xbox markets excluding Russia. A credit card required. After the promotional period, subscription continues to be charged at the then-current regular price (subject to change), unless canceled. Plus applicable taxes. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Limit 1 offer per account. Game catalog varies over time and by country.
EA Access Disclaimer: $4.99/month or $29.99 per year after the trial, unless canceled. Conditions, limitations, and exclusions apply. See ea.com/eaaccess/terms and ea.com/eaaccess for details. Sign up for trial by Jan 6th, 2020. Not available for existing EA Access members. Not available in Russia.
Discord Nitro Disclaimer: Available in Brazil, Canada, France, Germany, Mexico, United Kingdom, and the United States $9.99/month USD or $99.99/year USD after trial unless canceled. Codes available while supplies last. Offer open to new Discord Nitro subscribers only. Offer ends Jan 6th, 2020 and must be redeemed by March 31st, 2020. Terms and conditions apply. Please visit https://discord.com/discord-xbox-offer-2019 for more details. Available platforms: PC, Mobile.
Spotify disclaimer: $9.99/month USD after trial. Codes available while supplies last. Open only to users in the United States and the United Kingdom who haven't already tried Premium. Offer ends 4/1/2020, codes must be redeemed by 10/1/2020. Terms and conditions apply. Please visit https://www.spotify.com/us/legal/Spotify-6m-Xbox-offer for more details.

Deleted member 18951

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Rage has some sort of sound bug, I take it? Three times I've been playing and all the music, dialogue - everything just cuts. I need to start another game in order for it to fix itself.

Back to Star Wars it is.

RossC

Oct 27, 2017
Thanks for the heads up on the Discord Nitro thing.

Worked fine for me and allowed me to convert the 3 months of Game Pass into 2 months of Game Pass Ultimate, then cancelling Discord Nitro was a single click.

Bricktop

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Didn't enjoy my time with Remnant, it has low budget and janky written all over it, but the real stinker is Rage 2. Holy shit this game is bad. I was really excited to try this game out but I'm having a hard time finding anything to like about it. Maybe one of them grow on me but so far Afterparty is far and away the best of the latest Gamepass drops.

Irrotational

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
I'm still early on in remnant and struggling on the third, optional, boss.

I have like two strata left to try and perfect but if I can't get it after that, I'm not sure what I'll do.

The game feels a lot more focussed on movement, dodging and tactics, rather than hitting 360 no scope headshots.

The sniper is damn satisfying though!

BOT Zé

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I'm playing shadow of the tomb raider at 60 fps. It's a pleasant surprise being able to play at this frame rate. Outside of the cities it plays most of the time at 60fps. In the cities it's a bit bad but i can live with that. 30fps seemed a bit janky, more than normal, maybe because of input lag, I don't know.
Even though I'm liking the platform I wish I had a bit more of combat. It's completely different from the other two in that regard

OneBadMutha

Nov 2, 2017
2 years in a row...I buy the big AAA games of the Fall and find myself playing Indie or AA games on Game Pass instead. It's like going to a buffet and finding out that one of the dishes is perfect for you even if you can see it's not going to be top tier for everyone else.

Remnant isn't perfect. The writing isn't good. The aesthetic is kind of boring to look at. But man..it's the perfect mix of shooting and Soulsbourne...2 of my favorite gameplay types. If it doesn't bog down with anything terrible halfway through, it might end up in my top 5 games played this year. Jedi FO is good but Remnant has been more addictive and pulled me away.

Status
Not open for further replies.