• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rodney McKay

Oct 26, 2017
Redeemed a month of Xbox Gamepass for the PC, but I can't get the Xbox (Beta) app to work.

I click sign-in, I get the window to pop up, I enter my Xbox/Microsoft email and it sees that it's there (it shows my gamer pic), i click the green "let's play" button, it send me back to the Xbox app, but I'm not signed in.

I've uninstalled it, restarted my PC, downloaded some Xbox Identity App, did some Power shell commands that worked for some people, but nothing has worked so far.

Finally found a Microsoft support chat that's working. Wanted to do a call but they make that impossible to find nowadays.

DrDamn

Oct 27, 2017
Anyone else tried Lonely Mountains Downhill? Seems fun but basic. Also not a fan of the long checkpoints, much prefer the bite-sized Trials style.

Just tried. Love the look and they have nailed a good feel to the game. A few things make it more frustrating than it should be for me. Checkpoints as you say are too long, need to be shorter. I think the first course is also far too unforgiving. When you are trying to learn the game you don't want to be feeling like you are constantly being penalised. Final point, why is the player centred on the screen? I want to see where I'm going so I can react to what's coming, not where I've been. Place the camera with a good view ahead of the player.

Adryuu

Master of the Wind
Oct 27, 2017
Just tried. Love the look and they have nailed a good feel to the game. A few things make it more frustrating than it should be for me. Checkpoints as you say are too long, need to be shorter. I think the first course is also far too unforgiving. When you are trying to learn the game you don't want to be feeling like you are constantly being penalised. Final point, why is the player centred on the screen? I want to see where I'm going so I can react to what's coming, not where I've been. Place the camera with a good view ahead of the player.

Camera usually gets farther away when approaching a big jump or if you go fast enough.

Also, long checkpoints may not be an issue on later stages or when you learn the trails and/or unlock a new bike: there's longer ones because later stages are meant to be difficult but when you use a faster bike you move through some longer checkpoints like a breeze. Also, some of the checkpoints are longer in the first mountain because they're also meant to be way too easy (they are once you learn) AND because you're also meant to find crazy shortcuts that make them real short sometimes, which is for me the highlight of the game really.

When you're just started you can't pretend to complete all expert challenges too, because I've unlocked every trail and still I'm not able to do all expert ones with either of my only two bikes. ;)

But yes, some later checkpoints are really longer because there are much faster bikes, much riskier shortcuts and the trails are much, much more difficult. It's a hard game, imo.

In the first couple mountains you just take it slow for the no crash challenges and then find them shortcuts and risk your life, respawn is immediate and you can accumulate as many crashes as needed for the time limit challenges (except for some expert ones but those are the really difficult, hard mode ones).

I don't think long checkpoints should be a problem early on at least and they're like that by design. Although mind you, I understand the concern and I may have a higher tolerance for repeating/perfecting checkpoints lots of times than other people (several times I suicide my biker just before the next checkpoint if I feel I can do a better time).

Kittenz

Oct 28, 2017
Minneapolis
Man, Outer Worlds is such a gift having it day/date on Game Pass. Really enjoying it so far. Outer Worlds 2 is gonna be dope. I think they have a legit franchise on their hands here.

Will be interesting to see what they do with exclusivity when it gets to that point.

Goldenroad

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 2, 2017
Minit is fun. I beat it in probably a bit over an hour. I think I only had like 37% completion. I might go back and try to get more collectibles.
It's pretty cool. It's a tiny download. It takes like zero time to load up. Try it out.

Trying to get into a round of Secret Neighbor right now and not having any luck. Has anyone played it? Is it any fun? The fact that I'm navigating the UI with a mouse cursor on XB1, and am not able to find a match, doesn't really bode too well.

Deleted member 12129

User requested account closure
Oct 27, 2017
Does anyone know if Shadow of the Tomb Raider will ever make it to Game Pass on the PC side? The Xbox version has been there for a while but not on PC. I'm debating whether I should just buy it or not

chirt

Oct 25, 2017
So when do ya'll expect DOOM 2016 on PC game pass?
Any day now, surely. Get it out there before Eternal drops...

JimD

Aug 17, 2018
Does anyone know if Shadow of the Tomb Raider will ever make it to Game Pass on the PC side? The Xbox version has been there for a while but not on PC. I'm debating whether I should just buy it or not

There's no good answer for this, PC Game Pass releases haven't really fit a pattern yet. MAYBE if Square Enix had a sequel coming up you could anticipate that they'd put Shadow on PC Game Pass. But since that isn't the case, anyone giving you an answer is making a complete guess. They don't even have a similar title coming out, the next big ones are FFVII Remake and Avengers.

Stop It

Bad Cat
Oct 25, 2017
Thanks to JeuxVideo giving away more Game Pass I managed to extend my sub 8 months to October 2022 today.

I'll never actually complete all these games even in this time!

Kudo

Oct 25, 2017
Game recommendations for Game Pass? Any must plays? Finished Outer Worlds and planning to play at least Shadow Tactics.

dreamcast

Oct 27, 2017
Started playing Yooka-Laylee and gotta say it's great. Granted I'm only in first world, but I'm having fun. Seemed to get a lot of negative feedback when it first came out. Granted, the camera can get wonky and the frame rate can be less than smooth but overall it's been enjoyable so far.

Adryuu

Master of the Wind
Oct 27, 2017
Game recommendations for Game Pass? Any must plays? Finished Outer Worlds and planning to play at least Shadow Tactics.

Try Lonely Mountains (the bike game) for immediate fun. Then you can think what else to play.

Is Shadow Tactics X enhanced? I was playing Mutant year zero but it seems a bit slow/boring/basic compared to what I expected.

Kudo

Oct 25, 2017
Recent releases or just overall? Because if overall, there will be a long list of recommendations.
Try Lonely Mountains (the bike game) for immediate fun. Then you can think what else to play.

Is Shadow Tactics X enhanced? I was playing Mutant year zero but it seems a bit slow/boring/basic compared to what I expected.
Overall, I guess, I'll just check if there's games I haven't played but yeah I forgot to mention need to be available on Xbox Game Pass PC.

I completed Shadow Tactics, absolutely loved it. But would recommend it on PC as opposed to console (where I played it).
Oh yeah forgot to mention Game Pass PC games, already gave Shadow Tactics a spin and it's definitely looking very good.

Ushay

Oct 27, 2017
Overall, I guess, I'll just check if there's games I haven't played but yeah I forgot to mention need to be available on Xbox Game Pass PC.

Oh yeah forgot to mention Game Pass PC games, already gave Shadow Tactics a spin and it's definitely looking very good.

Harkens back to days we used to the Commandos games, its very much in the same mould and I love it for that very reason.

speedomodel

Oct 27, 2017
Man, I dunno if I'll be able to finish Thief of Thieves before it leaves....have had it downloaded for weeeeeks. Just started it the other night.

JimD

Aug 17, 2018
Is the $1 conversion for Xbox Live plus XBGP into GPU still available? Gonna gift my brother 3 months of GPU for helping me move recently, but he really doesn't stay on top of this stuff and I'm not sure if I should give him instructions on converting his current stuff first. Like the more complicated I make it the less likely he'll redeem it. If its something very simple it makes it much easier.

Majukun

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
this app is irremediabily broken

bought the gamepass to play the outer worlds..the game downlads but i get an error in the end.

i press to correct the download and the game appears on my library and i go to sleep..today the game is gone and when i try to install it again it goes from 0% to "the game is installed" but when i press the "play now" pop up all i get is that it either bring me to the microsoft store or beck to the same page with the install button and the loop continues.

and now i fear that also some other games that i put in download yesterday might have had the same problem since they are not in my library anymore.

did i just lost the very game i bought a gamepass for?

how is it possible that i can't even repair resources or something?

Kittenz

Oct 28, 2017
Minneapolis
Is this the first week that we haven't had a bunch of games added? All that was added this week was Afterparty right?
I mean, we just got a couple day and date launches this week alone. In the last six days we got Afterparty and the Outer Wilds. Just how much stuff are we expecting each week?

XO19 is two weeks from now. I'd imagine there will be an announcement or two there of something interesting for Game Pass to stir it up headed into holiday.

Oct 27, 2017
I mean, we just got a couple day and date launches this week alone. In the last six days we got Afterparty and the Outer Wilds. Just how much stuff are we expecting each week?

XO19 is two weeks from now. I'd imagine there will be an announcement or two there of something interesting for Game Pass to stir it up headed into holiday.
Oh I'm not expecting anything to be honest, personally have more than enough keeping me busy. I just didn't see the weekly game pass twitter update showing a whole bunch of games being added. Genuinely couldn't remember if they've had a week off before (not counting the launch period)

Aldi

Oct 27, 2017
United Kingdom
Got together with some friends last night and played some World war Z. I'm going to be honest and say we had such a good time. That game is legit good as a co-op multiplayer experience.

I was in awe when we came across our first horde.

CapitalImportantBarnswallow-size_restricted.gif

Majukun

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
is there no way to access the windowsapp folder and delete game data from there?

i have administtrator right on my pc and yet i get a denied access telling to ask to administrator (?) for the right of deleting the folder..and the folder itself as a read only property that i'm not allowed to switch off.

sinc the installations of those games that got broken goes without problem if i try to install them on my ssd, i figured thhat i just need to delete the broken data from the folder and start a new download and install, but i can't do it because sapparently i'm not administrator enough for the folder?

crazillo

Apr 5, 2018
I have two questions:

1. Wasn't Children of Morta at some point announced for Game Pass? I could have sworn I've seen it, but I couldn't find any news on it when I searched again. It's not on the service yet.

2. Why is Panzer Dragoon Orta not available in Europe? I changed regions to download the game, but I still wonder for the reasons.

RepairmanJack

Oct 27, 2017
Just getting Gamepass on PC. What happens if a game leaves Gamepass after you have it downloaded and played it? Just wondering if I'm on kind of a time limit to play it or just to download it?

Bought it for Outer Worlds, but all I've played is Operencia because I'm loving it.

ChristianM

Mar 21, 2018
Sweden
is there no way to access the windowsapp folder and delete game data from there?

You're probably better off asking in one of the more pc centric threads. For example this one.

www.resetera.com

PC questions that don't really deserve their own thread. PC

GAMING PC RELATED QUESTIONS THAT DON'T REALLY DESERVE THEIR OWN THREAD I originally wanted to just ask a quick question about my gaming PC to you guys, but then I realized that it probably wasn't all that important enough for it's own thread. I figured there were a lot of newer members who...

The problem with game pass pc is that it still uses the windows store in the background and the windows store is still a complete mess. It's been broken for years which is ridiculous.

YuSuzzune

Nov 21, 2018
I have two questions:

1. Wasn't Children of Morta at some point announced for Game Pass? I could have sworn I've seen it, but I couldn't find any news on it when I searched again. It's not on the service yet.

2. Why is Panzer Dragoon Orta not available in Europe? I changed regions to download the game, but I still wonder for the reasons.
I changed region too, downloaded the game but when I tried to boot it, it asked for a disc or to purchase the game.

Rygar1126

Oct 27, 2017
Agents of Mayhem
Darksiders 1 & 2
GRID 2
MXGP 3
The Surge
Thomas Was Alone

are all leaving Game Pass soon.

I recommend checking out Thomas if you haven't done so already. Fun little indie that can be finished pretty quickly.

Status
Not open for further replies.