• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kromis

Oct 29, 2017
SoCal
Does anyone know if the $1 Gamepass Ultimate deal still works? Is it worth it for a PC-only gamer or should I just sub for $5?

it should still be there though you definitely want to think twice before getting game pass ultimate due to the conversion stuff (read up on stacking GPU and what signing up for ultimate entails)

Adryuu

Master of the Wind
Oct 27, 2017
Okay, so 'Lonely Mountains: Downhill' that just got added to Game Pass today is pretty awesome IMO. Once you get used to the physics of your bike coming down the mountain it is a little bit addictive trying to have a clean run or find a better shortcut.

Ditto. Played for 3+ hours straight yesterday and maybe about to play a bit more now. Control/physics are awesome and so is the shortcut discovery and route interconnection. What a surprise.

Deleted member 49319

Account closed at user request
Banned
Nov 4, 2018
Trying out PC game pass at $1 for one month.Turns out, my old Mac Pro in BootCamp can run FH4 pretty well.
Any recommendations for Xbox exclusives? I've never owned an Xbox.

newmoneytrash

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
lonely mountains is a bummer to me. i just don't like the way it controls at all, on both steering settings.

i didn't like descenders either. i guess i'm just doomed to not have the mountain biking game i need

Irrotational

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Xena XVerdena - you can pre-load via the android app as well? Get the game pass app and choose outer worlds and then choose your xbox in the "install to" list.

I assume iOS has the same functionality, I don't know for sure.

DoradoWinston - unfortunately the PC release time is global so you can't unlock it any earlier.

Yahsper

Oct 29, 2017
Would anyone here happen to know how to fix this error in the Xbox Beta app on PC?

87WVCgB.jpg

The app seems to not detect any of my hard drives. The only tip I found on the internet was to reinstall some game-related services but that didn't help.

Xena

Oct 25, 2017
Xena XVerdena - you can pre-load via the android app as well? Get the game pass app and choose outer worlds and then choose your xbox in the "install to" list.

I assume iOS has the same functionality, I don't know for sure.

DoradoWinston - unfortunately the PC release time is global so you can't unlock it any earlier.
Thanks for the tip! I downloaded the app but it doesn't list the game yet (even via search) so I guess I'll have to wait until they release it to download... oh well!

FelipeMGM

#Skate4
Oct 25, 2017
Played a couple hours of The Outer Worlds, its totally my jam, I'm sure I'll enjoy it a lot.

Before shutting down my XB1, I looked at what I had installed in my system and its nuts to see how many 2019 releases are on Game Pass. If I hadnt bought any games this year, and only played out of my subcription I would have a top 10 of 2019 containing Gears 5, The Outer Worlds, Metro Exodus, DMCV, Creature in the Well, World War Z, Bloodstained, Outer Wilds, Blazing Chrome and Life Is Strange 2. This is a great mix of AAA, Indie and everything in between.

This service is ridiculously good, and I cant see how, from a consumer's perspective, anyone could give any flak to it

JimD

Aug 17, 2018
Played a couple hours of The Outer Worlds, its totally my jam, I'm sure I'll enjoy it a lot.

Before shutting down my XB1, I looked at what I had installed in my system and its nuts to see how many 2019 releases are on Game Pass. If I hadnt bought any games this year, and only played out of my subcription I would have a top 10 of 2019 containing Gears 5, The Outer Worlds, Metro Exodus, DMCV, Creature in the Well, World War Z, Bloodstained, Outer Wilds, Blazing Chrome and Life Is Strange 2. This is a great mix of AAA, Indie and everything in between.

This service is ridiculously good, and I cant see how, from a consumer's perspective, anyone could give any flak to it

Yeah, this is really what sets Game Pass apart. That's a ton of games that are available either at launch or within a few months. When you're budgeting for how much you'll spend on games in a given year it really emphasizes the value. And that's what will have to change if Sony decides it wants PS Now to be a real competitor to Game Pass-- I don't think they even have any games from the second half of 2018, not to mention anything from this year.

shaneo632

Weekend Planner
Oct 29, 2017
Wrexham, Wales
Anyone else tried Lonely Mountains Downhill? Seems fun but basic. Also not a fan of the long checkpoints, much prefer the bite-sized Trials style.

grmlin

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
Just finished Steamworld Dig 2, what a fantastic game! The final boss was a little bullshit though, after an otherwise pretty fair game.
Will dig into Outer Worlds next, I love Game Pass

Adryuu

Master of the Wind
Oct 27, 2017
Anyone else tried Lonely Mountains Downhill? Seems fun but basic. Also not a fan of the long checkpoints, much prefer the bite-sized Trials style.

It's been discussed a little upwards. I'm hitting a difficulty wall already, but I've played insanely during these days, I must have logged like 10 hours on the game already. Unlocked 3 mountains and every trail and completed every beginner challenge. The expert ones though, some times are impossible for me to beat and I've only unlocked 1 aditional bike, but the real difficult challenges for me are those that combine time limits and crash limits; when I beat a difficult time limit it usually involves a lot of trial and error and ending up in like 100+ crashes, lol. It works very well as a relax game though so I won't uninstall for now. And I'm still unlocking some bike parts and trying challenges. I've loved the game so far.

Aug 25, 2019
Didn't realize my game pass ultimate renewed. In Canada it's $18. A little steep, gonna play outer worlds for the next three weeks and hopefully beat it twice. I game way to much owning this.... Gonna take a break until next year on gamepads.

YuSuzzune

Nov 21, 2018
So today I tried to start Pazer Dragoon Orta from Game Pass (I'm in Italy and I got the game from the US Game Pass by switching region) and the game asks me for a disc or to purchase the game from the store. Is there a way to solve this?

Deleted member 15476

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
State of Mind and Descenders have been buggy for me on Windows. They don't appear on the left side of the client and launching them typically leads to the whole thing crashing. The rest of the installed games work fine as before at least.

Vommy

Chicken Chaser
Oct 27, 2017
I was trying out the game pass and could download "some" games. But now, for example Outer Worlds and others get me a error named 0x8007065e. Searched for a fix, but couldn't find anything that would help. Did any of you have the same problem?

Oct 25, 2017
I was trying out the game pass and could download "some" games. But now, for example Outer Worlds and others get me a error named 0x8007065e. Searched for a fix, but couldn't find anything that would help. Did any of you have the same problem?
I had that kind of problem (different error code though) a good while ago and the thing that fixed it for me was this: (pasted from random reddit thread)

Open the Windows "Settings" app (the gear in the start menu) Open Accounts Click Sign-in Options Scroll down to Privacy Uncheck "Use my sign-in info to automatically finish setting up my device and reopen my apps after an update and restart." Restart your device

I only suggest this because it's the kind of thing you probably would never think to try on your own as a fix.

LavaBadger

Nov 14, 2017

My Gamepass app had gotten into such a buggy state in the last month that uninstalling and reinstalling it didn't stop it from freezing up after taking a few actions and stopping me from downloading everything. I needed to do a full Windows 10 refresh, and now it seems to be working again. I was amazed at just how broken things had suddenly become.

kami_sama

Oct 26, 2017
Well fuck, I just got fucked.
I was playing Outer Worlds, but after installing the newest Nvidia driver, I couldn't open it.
I found out it is all games, and it's related to where I installed them.
It seems some thing got misconfigured and the drive I was installing the games to, now cannot be used. GIves me error 0x80070005 when trying to set it on the windows settings.
Now I am going to format the drive and see if I can use it again.

Oct 25, 2017
Well fuck, I just got fucked.
I was playing Outer Worlds, but after installing the newest Nvidia driver, I couldn't open it.
I found out it is all games, and it's related to where I installed them.
It seems some thing got misconfigured and the drive I was installing the games to, now cannot be used. GIves me error 0x80070005 when trying to set it on the windows settings.
Now I am going to format the drive and see if I can use it again.
It's absolutely astounding how badly this piece of software works and how many of the solutions involve completely reformatting or reinstalling your whole OS.

Roven

Nov 2, 2017
So now that I have the problem also with Outer Worlds, I don't think that it game specific anymore.

I played Bloodstained for the last few weeks, and almost everytime I wanted to play it, the game just didn't start at all. What usually helped was rebooting the PC, but sometimes even multiple reboots were necessary. Now I'm experiencing the same thing with Outer Worlds. But it's not happening with every game! For example Vampyr, FH4, or Sunset Overdrive.

Any idea?

Mazre

Oct 25, 2017
So now that I have the problem also with Outer Worlds, I don't think that it game specific anymore.

I played Bloodstained for the last few weeks, and almost everytime I wanted to play it, the game just didn't start at all. What usually helped was rebooting the PC, but sometimes even multiple reboots were necessary. Now I'm experiencing the same thing with Outer Worlds. But it's not happening with every game! For example Vampyr, FH4, or Sunset Overdrive.

Any idea?

Can't confirm personally but have seen some people mention on discord that OW is still running in the background after exiting the application, requiring manually halting the process before it can be launched again.

werezompire

Zeboyd Games
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
Got a free code for a month of Game Pass so I was excited to try it. Turns out it won't recognize my one and only drive (C) to install games on which boggles my mind since that's where the Xbox app is installed. Tried the general fixes I've seen online and nothing. Rather disappointed.

Keikaku

Oct 27, 2017

Any idea?
Same happened to me. Uninstalled some windows updates and updated drivers. Had to fix some corrupt windows store files also.

Windows updates appear to be beta tested in the future like the Xbox ad said.

grmlin

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
I had no problems with the few PC games I tried, but I play on my Xbox most of the time.

I guess that's why it's still a beta, but pretty crazy that MS can't figure out how to build a working download store after all these years.

Deleted member 15476

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Oh State of Mind finally appeared on the Xbox app. I guess they fixed whatever the problem was.
Edit: Descenters as well.

flyinj

Oct 25, 2017
And now trying to install it on any other drive gives me error 0x80070490. For fucks sake. It's been working ok, why must it suck now D:

Is that the error code you get when you try to install apps on a different drive that the default?

I started getting that after the latest Xbox app update- I can tell it to install on any drive inside the app, but if I use Windows 10 control panel to try to change "where new data is downloaded" under the apps section, I get that error if I try to use any drive other than my system drive.

I spent like 3 hours trying to fix it last night.

So it most likely is caused by the Xbox app update. I wish I knew that last night.

At least this means they might fix it.

And yeah, how they can fuck up something as fundamentally basic as what drive to install something on is mind boggling.

flyinj

Oct 25, 2017
Oh State of Mind finally appeared on the Xbox app. I guess they fixed whatever the problem was.
Edit: Descenters as well.

I don't understand why the web page and the app don't share the same database. It is annoying as hell. I almost bought Lonely Mountains on Steam because for a day and a half the app said it was only available on console.

Im never relying on it again.

Teggy

Oct 25, 2017
Huh, I don't know if they added additional games to certain quests or gave retroactive achievements or what, but I logged into rewards and suddenly I had completed the Id at Xbox and Halloween quests.

Acquiesc3

Oct 30, 2017
Started playing Outer Worlds on OG Xbox and it looks like complete shit and this is on a 1080p set. UI is fine, but the resolution/textures just look unacceptable. It's borderline unplayable even though it technically plays "fine"

Assuming other versions look better.. is getting it on my ps4 pro the best route? My only w10 pc has a gtx 770 and a shitty cpu and no Xbox one X.

blackrogue13

Nov 21, 2018
Started playing Outer Worlds on OG Xbox and it looks like complete shit and this is on a 1080p set. UI is fine, but the resolution/textures just look unacceptable. It's borderline unplayable even though it technically plays "fine"

Assuming other versions look better.. is getting it on my ps4 pro the best route? My only w10 pc has a gtx 770 and a shitty cpu and no Xbox one X.
This is weird. As playing on og Xbox as well, and whilst the graphics aren't cutting edge there are no technical issues.

DotHair

Oct 29, 2017
UK

I have seen other reports of it looking bad on the X. Mostly terrible floor textures and odd foliage. Looks like a bug to me.

I've been playing it on the Pro and it looks damn good tbh.

pswii60

Oct 27, 2017
The Milky Way
I have seen other reports of it looking bad on the X. Mostly terrible floor textures and odd foliage. Looks like a bug to me.

I've been playing it on the Pro and it looks damn good tbh.
Looks great on the X, the low resolution textures affect all versions. I'm playing on RTX 2080 Ti with Ultra textures and they're still mostly low res. That aside, I think the game looks incredible at 4k, especially with that draw distance, the sea in the background with those beautiful sky boxes. Just don't walk up close to look at a rock! The console versions suffer from aggressive LoD pop in though which can be eliminated on the PC version via the ini file.

Status
Not open for further replies.