• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

RossC

Oct 27, 2017
Put a few hours into Timespinner and really enjoying it so far.

Anyone with a fondness for Symphony of the Night in particular should have a great time.

eso76

Prophet of Truth
Dec 8, 2017
I feel like the game really become fun once they let you play as Dante. He has so many more tools to play with, it's when combat becomes a lot more fun. The other characters feel like filler which is strange when they devoted half the game to.

I hope they focus on improving level design and just stick to Dante as a playable character for the sequel.

Nero is great especially later on, but I didn't care about V.
Dante might be a tad overwhelming for me.
Overall though, the game was genuinely great.

Oct 31, 2017
Paris, France
I never actually noticed that white reticle before. Nice tip. And yeah I eventually decided to take your advice about going back to the first town. Snuck up on a few guys and got their gear. And I finally went back and tried the main quest again. Got past that bandit camp. Although I ended up just killing the last guy with arrows lol. Whatever works.
By the way there's an archery trainer at Letcheko, you can get a lot of money and progress a lot in archery there doing endlessly the tournament.

eso76

Prophet of Truth
Dec 8, 2017
Why does everyone hate V? Playing with him was my favorite. So easy to get S ranks

I don't hate it, just didn't have much fun playing as him.
Also the game is a little guilty of forcing a character switch on you just as you're beginning to get a grasp on their their playing style.

Spacecowboy

Oct 27, 2017
Quick noob question - Does region matter for the Ultimate upgrade?

I mean, if I buy one year of Xbox Live Gold for the EU region, then I use the 2$ upgrade to Ultimate deal in my region (MEA), will the upgrade take into account the 12 months I have in EU?

If it matters, I'm only interested in using the PC Games Pass, not Xbox

eso76

Prophet of Truth
Dec 8, 2017
Meh I tought that was the best part. Switched up gameplay and made it wicked varied

I probably felt that way because my DMC is *really* rusty and it took me a while to start feeling at home with Nero, and just as I was starting to understand what I was doing, game switches to V.
I'm sure better DMC players and quicker learners liked the switch. I liked it myself, just wished it came a couple chapters later each time.

Deleted member 56752

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
May 15, 2019
9PM in whatever region you're in, supposedly. That means you should probably be able to switch your region on the machine and gain a couple hours by going New Zealand or something.
Yeah I'll be playing MP for a bit (my buddy won't be available to play with me for a while - until friday). So HMU if you wanna play some escape or horde or versus (i'm hoping they have execution)

Ricker

Oct 27, 2017
Beautiful Province of Quebec.
One thing they should do better is showing more info for games in the system req. on the XBox PC beta app...since my PC is old I need to head to ''Can you run it'' to see if my 660 will be able to run Blair Witch let's say...

demi

Oct 27, 2017
Hey, hoping someone can help clarify this.

Situation:

I'm on XBL Gold, usual. I bought a 1 month Ultimate Code to bang out Gears 5. It's telling me I'm going to be converted to the "Ultimate" tier. Fine, sure.

I don't want to renew Game Pass Ultimate, just go back to regular XBL Gold. Can I "revert" back to this? Is it possible to have these two systems separate? I assume they don't sell regular Game Pass codes anymore?

toythatkills

Oct 26, 2017
London, UK
Hey, hoping someone can help clarify this.

Situation:

I'm on XBL Gold, usual. I bought a 1 month Ultimate Code to bang out Gears 5. It's telling me I'm going to be converted to the "Ultimate" tier. Fine, sure.

I don't want to renew Game Pass Ultimate, just go back to regular XBL Gold. Can I "revert" back to this? Is it possible to have these two systems separate? I assume they don't sell regular Game Pass codes anymore?

You can easily just turn off auto-renew, then re-sub again as a regular Gold member. As I understand it though, doing this will reset your membership streak back to 0-years, if that's something you care about.

Chick3n

Nov 6, 2018
As I understand it though, doing this will reset your membership streak back to 0-years, if that's something you care about.
That number's total years of Gold so it'll reappear on resubbing, but it can take a while to show.

A while ago Microsoft did reward people who had Gold from the very beginning and if you had any breaks at all you weren't eligible. I guess in that case it'd be worth it to not risk it, but otherwise there's no harm in letting Ultimate expire to drop back down to Gold.

Necromorph

Oct 30, 2017
If i convert my current PC Gamepass subscription to Ultimate, i can go back to the regular PC gamepass sub. when the Ultimate expires? Because i converted my subscription only for the $1 for two months deal and for the Gears 5 Ultimate.

KamenRiderEra

Oct 25, 2017
There is a way to know better stats of your games on pc? Like how many hours played? I was looking in the xbox console companion but didn`t find it.

GamerDude

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
When are they announcing more games?? I don't care if Gears 5 is here in two days, or if my backlog is already overloaded...what else ya got??

Nov 6, 2017
If i convert my current PC Gamepass subscription to Ultimate, i can go back to the regular PC gamepass sub. when the Ultimate expires?
Yes. After the current sub has expired you can resub for any sub that is available at that time.
Depending on the time when you resub maybe current offer is still valid to buy cheap gold months an convert for 1 buck to ultimate again.

I assume they don't sell regular Game Pass codes anymore?
Try different sellers / websites. They are hard to find these days with all the ultimate marketing, but you can still get one if you really want that. Amazon germany is for example still selling 1 and 3 months codes (digital so you get them directly after checkout).

Last edited:

CliveLH

Jun 22, 2019
And for PC :

PC_Coming_Soon_9.3_940x528.jpg

Deleted member 2254

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
All eyes on Gears of course, but that's a bloody solid line-up, though I do already own the ones I really wanted to play from there.

Oct 25, 2017
Brooklyn, NY

From now on, we're going to announce new PC games separately from new Console games, because we've heard that some people might be a bit confused about which games are coming to each platform. We hope this will make it much easier to understand which games are included for PC vs Console, but don't forget that (as always) any game announced for either PC or Console will be included with an Xbox Game Pass Ultimate membership.

Doesn't seem to bode well for console/PC libraries getting any closer to parity, though at least the only console-only game in this wave (MGS2/3 HD) has the excuse of not having a PC version.

anyway, meh announcements on the PC front, but at least I'll give Gears 5 and CitW a shot at some point. also Dead Cells I guess, though roguelikes generally aren't my thing

FelipeMGM

#Skate4
Oct 25, 2017
Great additions!

I'm down for some Kojima before Death Stranding. Haven't played them in a long time too, so it's perfect all around

Cat Party

Oct 25, 2017
Psyched for Dead Cells.

Never heard of Creature in the Well but I looked it up and it looks really interesting.

crazillo

Apr 5, 2018
That second Game Pass backlog is a thing now. Crazy.

Also: Gears 5, Dead Cells, Enter the Gungeon... Wow! Will check out Creature in the Well, too.

I've personally never dipped into the Metal Gear Solid franchise yet. I've heard that MGS1 is quite outdated by now, would you recommend watching a recap and then start right away with 2? Too bad 4 has never made it to Xbox either, but maybe there will be a remaster down the road with Konami's recent statements? That game is stuck on PS3 so far and I don't have one functioning anymore :/

Bosh

Oct 26, 2017
That second Game Pass backlog is a thing now. Crazy.

Also: Gears 5, Dead Cells, Enter the Gungeon... Wow! Will check out Creature in the Well, too.

I've personally never dipped into the Metal Gear Solid franchise yet. I've heard that MGS1 is quite outdated by now, would you recommend watching a recap and then start right away with 2? Too bad 4 has never made it to Xbox either, but maybe there will be a remaster down the road with Konami's recent statements? That game is stuck on PS3 so far and I don't have one functioning anymore :/

If you can find an option to to play #1 I would recommend it. I didn't play the series until a year before MGSV came came out and it's still very good today. I rank it higher than 2&4 on my list. If you are in US PS Classics drop to $20 quite often And it's on there , plus other games

Werd

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Has there been any progress on properly adding game pass games to your Steam library so you can use the controller configuration and such?

When I tried at launch I was able to take control of the folder and add them, but it wouldn't actually launch the games or work in general.

Windu

Oct 25, 2017
By the way there's an archery trainer at Letcheko, you can get a lot of money and progress a lot in archery there doing endlessly the tournament.
lol yep. I tried that log competition earlier and sucked but have since gone back and gotten the hang of it. (aim lower than the log, took me awhile to hone that in). Also with the bathhouse right next to it and the free bathhouse perk I can reload nearby if I lose and not risk losing money lol. Pretty good deal.

Oct 31, 2017
Paris, France
lol yep. I tried that log competition earlier and sucked but have since gone back and gotten the hang of it. (aim lower than the log, took me awhile to hone that in). Also with the bathhouse right next to it and the free bathhouse perk I can reload nearby if I lose and not risk losing money lol. Pretty good deal.
Saving is a formality, try doing your potions. It's a bit of a slog because of the slow animations but totally worth it. Poison too, craft it and put it on your blades and arrows, game changer.

jtb

Oct 25, 2017
Dead Cells and Gears 5 on PC is good enough for me. Still gonna be disappointed if they cheap out on bringing bringing SOTTR, DMC5, etc. to PC, especially if they're going to raise the price to $10/mo once this thing exits beta.

Adryuu

Master of the Wind
Oct 27, 2017
Wait, Ninja Gaiden Black is leaving game pass this september, wtf

OP is not updated on that. Where's the best place to know games leaving? What else leaves come October?

Edit: never mind, found out on Xbox Wire blog. Only NGB bothers me so far.

Last edited:

Deleted member 2254

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
If for some reason you still have not played OnRush, try it before it leaves at the end of the month. It's clearly not for everyone, but there's few car games that offer such levels of chaos and adrenaline, and ramming people off the track and into obstacles is, in terms of satisfaction, comparable to the best Burnout games. Don't sleep on the game, it made my personal top 10 of 2018 despite its gameplay getting a bit old after a dozen or so hours. Definitely worth a shot until it's "free", you might be positively surprised.

Status
Not open for further replies.