• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ghoulie

Oct 28, 2017
I would be shocked if Wasteland 3 and Outer Worlds weren't game pass. I just don't see it happening.

oracledragon

Oct 27, 2017
Game Pass officially announced for PC. They'll share more at E3 but there's some info and partners already announced:

Plus some of their games like Gears 5, the AOE HD remasters and more are coming to Steam.

I'm very excited for this, but I hope they don't make it like Origin and PC and Xbox are two separate services. As much as I love playing on PC, I can't give up the Xbox one, it is just too good for family sharing on the "home" Xbox.

RossC

Oct 27, 2017
Anyone given Dead by Daylight a try?

My friends are interested in it, but from what i've read it doesn't sound like a group of 3 trying to play it and matchmaking in the remaining players would be ideal.

Aldi

Oct 27, 2017
United Kingdom
Having fun with dead by daylight. Played it with a friend tonight.

It does a really terrible job at explaining parts of the game though. Having played through the tutorial I'm still left scratching my head at some stuff. Which is really shit for a game that relies on co-op.

ParityBit

Oct 25, 2017
Any chance they give us non-insider peons the ability to merge our stuff? I have gold and gamepass many years into the future, but I want ultimate.

EvilBoris

Prophet of Truth - HDTVtest
Verified
Oct 29, 2017
Anyone given Dead by Daylight a try?

My friends are interested in it, but from what i've read it doesn't sound like a group of 3 trying to play it and matchmaking in the remaining players would be ideal.

It's 4 v 1, I think if you have a team of 3 and a random you should be ok

bsigg

Oct 25, 2017
Any chance they give us non-insider peons the ability to merge our stuff? I have gold and gamepass many years into the future, but I want ultimate.

I'm thinking the testing of that system is why they rolled it out to Insiders. It's too large of a change just to do it for Insiders so I would expect that to be the case for all people when it rolls out publicly.

impact

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Tampa
Oh and if you're not playing Outer Wilds or Void bastards, you're missing out.
eeeehhhhh

I'm finally going through the Master Chief Collection and enjoying myself with Halo 4. I thought I heard it was supposed to be bad but I like the gameplay especially the gunplay and my god the graphics are outstanding for a 360 title. More games need to be in 4K HDR 60fps.

bsigg

Oct 25, 2017
eeeehhhhh

I'm finally going through the Master Chief Collection and enjoying myself with Halo 4. I thought I heard it was supposed to be bad but I like the gameplay especially the gunplay and my god the graphics are outstanding for a 360 title. More games need to be in 4K HDR 60fps.

Halo 4 on the 360 was an achievement. Halo 4 on the X shows the incredible work 343i did when they aren't held back by old hardware.

impact

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Tampa
Halo 4 on the 360 was an achievement. Halo 4 on the X shows the incredible work 343i did when they aren't held back by old hardware.
It actually has me excited to try out 5 once I'm finished. 343 has done great work to the series from my perspective.

And by then I'm sure Reach will be out too. The value of Gamepass is truly amazing.

GamerDude

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
It actually has me excited to try out 5 once I'm finished. 343 has done great work to the series from my perspective.

And by then I'm sure Reach will be out too. The value of Gamepass is truly amazing.

I like Halo 4 from 343 better so far (about 65% complete) than the trilogy by Bungie. The gunplay feels better, it's absolutely gorgeous in 4K, the story is much more interesting and less convoluted, writing is improved, and I prefer the more linear level design.

Maneil99

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
Halo 4s enemies, AI, small graphical details, level design, veichel sandbox are all the worst in the series. Also art design

Also idk how someone comes to the conclusion of it being less convuleted when the whole didactic, ancient man got turned into dummies by forerunners, librarian thing lmao.

TheBeardedDM

May 30, 2019
Let's talk about games that have been added recently.

You should give Void Bastard a chance. It plays a bit like Classic 90's Doom, top-notch comic-style graphics, and it has some BioShock spirit. I've almost finished my first run and it its pretty much addicting and challenging.

Dead by Daylight is a great title for playing custom games with your own friends. Enjoyable both in solo/team queue as survivors, as well as playing the killer. Been playin this game (seldom) since the PC Beta.

I'm not sure that i would recommend Vampyr. Speakin about story telling and dialogues it's really nice. The setting is good as well. Moving through the map, btw, feels frustrating and boring after a decent amount of hours. Combat is very basic and repetitive. If you can go past through these problems, it is Worth you time.

I really enjoyed For The King. Pretty engaging mashup of game genres. Turn based combat + roguelike elements + board game mechanics + local and online multiplayer. I like the low poly graphics and the art style in general. Imho it has lots of replayability.

I'll start Wargroove and Outer Wilds very soon.

impact

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Tampa
Halo 4s enemies, AI, small graphical details, level design, veichel sandbox are all the worst in the series. Also art design

Also idk how someone comes to the conclusion of it being less convuleted when the whole didactic, ancient man got turned into dummies by forerunners, librarian thing lmao.
How is the art design bad? The game looks amazing on an OLED. The game seems technically advanced but there's only so much you can do with 360 era assets. Art design plays a big part in how well games hold up so I dunno, it seems pretty good in my non-biased opinion.

Which is best in the series in your opinion so I can try it? All I've done is a little of Halo 1 and 4.

Maneil99

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
How is the art design bad? The game looks amazing on an OLED. The game seems technically advanced but there's only so much you can do with 360 era assets. Art design plays a big part in how well games hold up so I dunno, it seems pretty good in my non-biased opinion.

Which is best in the series in your opinion so I can try it? All I've done is a little of Halo 1 and 4.
Halo 3.

The art style is over designed, just take a look at the spartan armour. Also relies far too much on bloom and ground textures that are organic are rough. Marine character models are awful as well and look like nerf soldiers.

crazillo

Apr 5, 2018
Managed to finish DmC before it got removed. I enjoyed the game for what it was, but I'm not a crazy veteran of the franchise and that makes it easier to enjoy a game without making too many comparisons.

Looking forward to Outer Wilds and Void Bastards as well as Banner Saga 2 next! Not to mention everything else I still wanna play from the catalogue...

DoradoWinston

Apr 9, 2019
eeeehhhhh

The main problem people have with it including myself is the multiplayer which also isn't terrible but it's a far far cry from other Halo games. The SP on the other hand is one of the best imo

SpartyCrunch

Xbox
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Seattle, WA
Outer Wilds is something special. It's going to be one of those overlooked masterpieces that people hopefully start rediscovering around GOTY time later this year.

GamerDude

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Halo 3.

The art style is over designed, just take a look at the spartan armour. Also relies far too much on bloom and ground textures that are organic are rough. Marine character models are awful as well and look like nerf soldiers.

Haha opinions are such an awesome thing...Halo 3 is easily the worst IMO.

phant0m

Oct 29, 2017
Can we talk about how good Void Bastards is? Downloaded this afternoon, played 3 hours straight and wanted more.

Was gonna buy on PC too. Thanks GP!

Now to see if I have the guts to play dead by daylight at night with the lights off....

Bradbatross

Mar 17, 2018
Can we talk about how good Void Bastards is? Downloaded this afternoon, played 3 hours straight and wanted more.

Was gonna buy on PC too. Thanks GP!

Now to see if I have the guts to play dead by daylight at night with the lights off....
It's amazing, I just finished it tonight. I want more in this universe and art style.

cyrribrae

Chicken Chaser
Jan 21, 2019
Hmm.. but.. aren't all the Gears games already on Game Pass?What could they be teasing? Tactics? POP!?

Deleted member 2254

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Finally got around to try Void Bastards: it's really stylish and fun, albeit I don't find it too well balanced for now, even for roguelites it seems very random in terms of chances of succeeding in each "dungeon". Still a cool game.

Aldi

Oct 27, 2017
United Kingdom
Dead by daylight went from a fun game to being totally shit, and now all my friends have uninstalled. Every game we played the killer was that vanishing dude that would just appear in front of you and kill you. It was pointless.

That guy is OP as hell.

Such a shame because the first night we played we had a tonne of fun.

Ah well, that's the magic of gamepass. Downloading a couple of other games now to try.

Acquiesc3

Oct 30, 2017
Outer Wilds is wonderful. Was completely off my radar and decided to try it on a whim..been playing blind and it's such a cool and unique experience.

I feel like I'm atleast about halfway through now as in things are starting to piece together. I like the design decisions they made including the gameplay loop. There is a lot of jankiness but the core design is so unique and addicting that it's not hampering my enjoyment that much.

Goldenroad

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 2, 2017
I think MK11 is like a 5% chance. I'm willing to bet that is the number one game on NPD for May. Shadow of War is maybe 15% because Shadow of Mordor was added not too long ago, and that wasn't until like 5 years after its original release. I think if WB is going to give us another game it will likely be Arkham Knight next.

I saw someone say "Overwatch" in the Twitter comments, and I could kind of see that. The game isn't showing up in NPD's anymore. It would be a good way to get a new influx of console players. Maybe the snowflake thing tying into Mei. Along those same lines I wonder what the odds are of Black Ops IIII coming to Game Pass. I know it's still selling, but Black Out lives and dies on it's player base and it seems to be quickly dwindling.

Status
Not open for further replies.