• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gamer4life

Dec 6, 2017
Picked up X1X NBA2k19 bundle from Google Express for $299. Got 3 months Gamepass for a dollar then got three codes for three months each from Cdkeys for $14 a piece. $43 for a year of game pass is super cool.

Gamer @ Heart

Oct 26, 2017
Woah, sounds a touch insidious. Then again, the game is titled, Vampyr.
You can do a non kill story route and get the 'good' ending, but honestly I had way more fun eating people after maxing them out. No kill means only xp from combat which is no where near what you can get from people. And because you can eat every NPC, the potential XP pool is huge and thus alot of the abilities have a ton of tiers you could never reach on a no kill run. Having all the xp means you can play around with some skill or build choices.

Lowrys

Oct 25, 2017
London
You can do a non kill story route and get the 'good' ending, but honestly I had way more fun eating people after maxing them out. No kill means only xp from combat which is no where near what you can get from people. And because you can eat every NPC, the potential XP pool is huge and thus alot of the abilities have a ton of tiers you could never reach on a no kill run. Having all the xp means you can play around with some skill or build choices.
Seems a strange design choice to "punish" the player for playing as a vampire. Like RDR2 making life harder for you if you actually play as an outlaw.

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
Seems a strange design choice to "punish" the player for playing as a vampire. Like RDR2 making life harder for you if you actually play as an outlaw.

its especially strange when one of the characters you meet (this is very light spoilers but its also a complete vampire trope so I'm not even going to spoiler tag it) is someone that only kills bad guys (I told you it was super cliche) and yet if you even kill 1 person, you are imediatly locked out of the good ending. It's like Gamer @ Heart says, you gimp yourself so much that the best way its probably to level up the npcs (fidning out info about them, doing their side quests) and then chow down on them for the xp and ignore the "good ending".

In fact, this got me thinking how obcessed we have gotten about endings, here is a game that you actively make it WORSE to play just to get this fabled "good ending". Yeah... no. when I get back to the game Im eating dem people (one of the reasons I stopped playing was because I was already feeling the difficulty from being so nerfed, even jut a few hours in)

Gamer @ Heart

Oct 26, 2017

Well it wouldn't be a choice if it was easy.
its especially strange when one of the characters you meet (this is very light spoilers but its also a complete vampire trope so I'm not even going to spoiler tag it) is someone that only kills bad guys (I told you it was super cliche) and yet if you even kill 1 person, you are imediatly locked out of the good ending. It's like Gamer @ Heart says, you gimp yourself so much that the best way its probably to level up the npcs (fidning out info about them, doing their side quests) and then chow down on them for the xp and ignore the "good ending".

In fact, this got me thinking how obcessed we have gotten about endings, here is a game that you actively make it WORSE to play just to get this fabled "good ending". Yeah... no. when I get back to the game Im eating dem people (one of the reasons I stopped playing was because I was already feeling the difficulty from being so nerfed, even jut a few hours in)

Like most video games, the 'good' ending is just a different cutscenes at the end. Go watch it on YouTube. Enjoy the game how it should be played.

EAT PEOPLE. But time out your eats so you don't put a district into chaos otherwise NPCs might die. That's one aspect of the game I commend it for. Gameplay decisions actually effecting the world and potential sidequests, etc. Most games with the illusion of choice simply effect VO at the end of some mission and nothing else, but here how you resolve quests can lead to some big changes for everyone else.

Hey Please

Avenger
Oct 31, 2017
Not America

Woah, easy there Mr. Chompski :P

Sounds interesting enough. Thanks for the insight.

DarthWalden

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I've been loving my gamepass subscription since I got it for Crackdown,
Since then I've played and beat Crackdown, Shadows of the Tomb raider, Edith Finch, and the Gardens Between.

I'd love some other game recommendations though,
I did check out Prey, Monster Hunter, Agents of Mayhem, ABZU and Just Cause 4 and kind of bounced off of all of them and I've already played all the MS first party stuff.

I absolutely adored both Edith Finch and The Gardens Between, is there anything else out there that is both wonderful and can be beat in just a few hours?

Nabbit

Oct 25, 2017
Since then I've played and beat Crackdown, Shadows of the Tomb raider, Edith Finch, and the Gardens Between.

I did check out Prey, Monster Hunter, Agents of Mayhem, ABZU and Just Cause 4 and kind of bounced off of all of them and I've already played all the MS first party stuff.

I absolutely adored both Edith Finch and The Gardens Between, is there anything else out there that is both wonderful and can be beat in just a few hours?

Gardens Between was such a great gaming experience.

We really enjoyed Hue and Super Lucky's Tale. Those are both on the shorter side.

Life is Strange is amazing but more than a few hours. The prequel is great, too.

And Ori is one of my all-time favorite games and also not super short, but not as long as LiS.

Heard good things about Oxenfree and Unmechanical, too. Those are supposed to be fairly short. (I recommend you check HLTB for more specific time estimates so you know what you're getting into with each game. That's one of my favorite sites.)

Last edited:

cyrribrae

Chicken Chaser
Jan 21, 2019

Late Shift, but it's gone now. Will echo Ori (not sure if that counts as first party to you). Oxenfree gets the vibe of those two, but is a little more fleshed out. Hue and Thomas Was Alone and even Witness are fun and shortish or at least can be enjoyed bitesize, but more puzzle based. (By the way, if I got any wrong, I apologize. part of my brain just assumes every game I own is on Game Pass now.)

Have you tried Hellblade? And my personal GOTForever is Hitman.

grmlin

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
Gardens Between was such a great gaming experience.

We really enjoyed Hue and Super Lucky's Tale. Those are both on the shorter side.

Life is Strange is amazing but more than a few hours. The prequel is great, too.

And Ori is one of my all-time favorite games and also not super short, but not as long as LiS.

Heard good things about Oxenfree and Unmechanical, too. Those are supposed to be fairly short. (I recommend you check HLTB for more specific time estimates so you know what you're getting into with each game. That's one of my favorite sites.)

This!

Gardens Between is a gem everybody should play! Fantastic game.

Ori is outstanding, too.

Wolfenstein 2 would be an awesome addition to Game Pass. Still didn't play it and I loved the first one.

Deleted member 2254

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
These past 6 months or so have been insane, and May ain't any less. Wolf2, Black Desert, Wargroove and Tacoma are games I legitimately wanted to play at one point that I didn't buy mainly because of my insanely large backlog. I already have and beat The Surge, I'll take another LEGO game though I already have half a billion in my backlog, and the other two looked interesting enough to check out. Fun times on the Pass.

bcatwilly

Oct 27, 2017
That is a major banger of a month for May, some awesome titles in there! Wargroove is Xbox Play Anywhere too I believe.

ghoulie

Oct 28, 2017
I remember back in December when it was the first really big month for Game Pass, myself and many others believed that it wouldn't be able to keep up month to month with quality titles. Glad we were wrong.

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017

May 2nd

Wolf 2 and Wargroove

May 9th

Surviving Mars, Tacoma, Black Desert

May 10th (why the 1 day difference tho)

For the King

May 16th

Tacoma and Lego Batman

looking at those dates, most likely there will be more games announced for May. The last 2 from the ones announced come out May 16th, so that leaves a thursday in May (the 23rd) with no release. Hell, it leaves two thursdays actually, also the 30th.

What's the subscription model for Black Desert?

there is none its buy and play like ESO

Last edited:

Rygar1126

Oct 27, 2017
Excited for Wargroove.

Also ready to give Wolf 2 another shot. It didn't really work for me when i first played it, but I'm willing to try again

pswii60

Oct 27, 2017
The Milky Way
The constant framerate stutters on the X (and Pro for that matter) kind of ruined Wolf 2 for me. It was a decent game outside of that though but not as good as the first game.

headspawn

Oct 27, 2017
Anybody here sign up for the Xbox Insiders Game Pass Ultimate deal?

Am I reading this right... it takes your existing XBLG months left + Game Pass months left and adds them together to give you the amount of Game Pass Ultimate sub months?

The example they had said 3 months of XBLG with 3 months of remaining Game Pass is 6 months of Game Pass Ultimate.. like it sounds too good to be true and maybe I've missed an important detail.

Cth

The Fallen
Oct 29, 2017

Am I reading this right... it takes your existing XBLG months left + Game Pass months left and adds them together to give you the amount of Game Pass Ultimate sub months?

The example they had said 3 months of XBLG with 3 months of remaining Game Pass is 6 months of Game Pass Ultimate.. like it sounds too good to be true and maybe I've missed an important detail.

Yup that's how it works. Then it's $1 until the service gets deployed for everyone i think.

Johnohno

Hero of Bowerstone
Nov 6, 2017

Yup that's correct. I just did it recently and I'm now set with Ultimate until 2021 whereas my gold was due for renewal in a couple of months.

Keep in mind it'll only stack up to 36 months it says, so if your individual gold and gamepass adds up to more than that you may lose some of the bonus months.

Still a great deal though!

headspawn

Oct 27, 2017
Yup that's how it works. Then it's $1 until the service gets deployed for everyone i think.
Yup that's correct. I just did it recently and I'm now set with Ultimate until 2021 whereas my gold was due for renewal in a couple of months.

Keep in mind it'll only stack up to 36 months it says, so if your individual gold and gamepass adds up to more than that you may lose some of the bonus months.

Still a great deal though!

Perfect timing, my Game Pass sub ends in two months and my Gold is going this month, so now I'll just find a deal for one of them and get the benefit of both.

For anyone else looking to do this, you have to have the subs added to your account BEFORE joining the Game Pass Ultimate for it to add the lengths together and turn it all into a Game Pass Ultimate sub.

Stop It

Bad Cat
Oct 25, 2017

I would if I could!

I'm a level 5 Xbox insider with a GP sub but not seeing it on the app.

Rumenapp

Forza Photographer
Nov 9, 2017
Descenders on game pass?

I liked what i played on the 1h trial of the game a while ago so i´ll be playing the full game.

THANKS

Prophet of Regret
Oct 22, 2018
Surviving Mars and Wargroove! What a month! Two games I've hovered over a number of times in the store.

Status
Not open for further replies.