• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Certinfy

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
I'm getting severe headaches playing We Happy Few. Don't even know why? Haven't had this in a non-VR game for ages.

Oct 28, 2017
When I load up the game it clearly states "Mortal Kombat XL" so why do I have to buy all the add on characters? I thought XL came with everything unlocked?

grmlin

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
Game Pass keeps making me play games, I totally ignored before. And I'm so glad it does.

Halo, Gardens Betweend, Mutant YZ, and now Ori and the blind forest. I'm totally hooked, I love my Xbox and it's the first time in 5 years I don't give a single fuck for Playstation sales anymore.

Nov 1, 2017
I used to really enjoy the Command and Conquer series of games. Always assumed that trying to play at RTS on console would be just a nightmare but seeing as both Halo Wars games are on game pass i thought fuck it, lets try it. Holy crap these games are actually really good. I never would have given them a chance if i didn't get to try them though. Not RTS related but had a similar thing with Hitman, for some reason those games never appealed to me even though i like stealth games (although i think Hitman plays more like an elaborate puzzler) and again really enjoyed it. Hellblade is another one. I'm convinced that game pass is so good it's inevitable Sony will do their own version. The only time i'll probably let my subscription lapse (still got 4 months left and a year in codes i bought half price ready to go) is to make one last desperate attempt to clear the backlog of games i have actually shelled out for but never touched because god knows there's just too much content out there and not enough time to play.

Apart from being able to discover an eclectic mix of all sorts of gems that might have otherwise passed me by it's stupidly good value for money. Playing Forza Horizon 4 and Crackdown 3 at launch is like it basically pays for itself multiple times over if you compare it to pre-ordering the games full price at launch.

DrScruffleton

Oct 26, 2017
Is we happy few good now? Or atleast mostly fixed?

I've been playing it and it's still kinda buggy. Nothing game breaking so far, just annoyances. I'm also not a fan of the whole Joy system. You need to take it to blend into the cities, but it seems its effects will randomly wear off without warning and you get instantly attacked by everyone. I'm not sure if that's a bug or not.

Fuhgeddit

#TeamThierry
Oct 27, 2017
I would love if darksiders 3 came to game pass, if I can only find the time to play something new.

Heynongman!

Oct 25, 2017
I started playing Shadow Warrior this weekend, and it's been awesome.

Decided to boot up Shadow Warrior 2, and holy shit, why didn't this game get buzz?! It's because it's dumb story isn't it, gotta be. Gameplay-wise this game feels incredible and the addition of the loot system and quests are amazing.

DirtyLarry

Oct 27, 2017
So with We Happy Few, does the game disconnect the controller literally every single time someone brings up the inventory screen for everyone else or am I the Happy One it happens to?
It definitely is not the worst bug in the world is it automatically connects right back when I press A to reconnect controller, but it is just not a very good look whatsoever.
I almost actually purchased the game at release as I loved the whole vibe of the marketing. I am ecstatic I chose to hold off.

bcatwilly

Oct 27, 2017
So with We Happy Few, does the game disconnect the controller literally every single time someone brings up the inventory screen for everyone else or am I the Happy One it happens to?
It definitely is not the worst bug in the world is it automatically connects right back when I press A to reconnect controller, but it is just not a very good look whatsoever.
I almost actually purchased the game at release as I loved the whole vibe of the marketing. I am ecstatic I chose to hold off.

I am playing and loving it on my Xbox One X and have not had that issue.

Gundam

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
God, I can not wait for Xbox to do their streaming thing. Game Pass in bed sounds like a dream. I'm really feeling like playing some Below right now, but I can't be assed to boot up the Xbox and switch around monitor inputs at my desk.

EvilBoris

Prophet of Truth - HDTVtest
Verified
Oct 29, 2017
God, I can not wait for Xbox to do their streaming thing. Game Pass in bed sounds like a dream. I'm really feeling like playing some Below right now, but I can't be assed to boot up the Xbox and switch around monitor inputs at my desk.

I sometimes do this by streaming to my laptop or streaming to my phone

Fuhgeddit

#TeamThierry
Oct 27, 2017

Same, been waiting for this. I have become grouchier because I only play in the living room and with the new job, I get so tired that I just want to be in bed while my wife watches TV.

DrScruffleton

Oct 26, 2017
I finished we happy few and got all the achievements. It has major flaws, and the cutscenes look terrible. But for some reason I couldn't stop playing it. I did want to know where the story was going, but some parts of the game are a huge chore. The beginning of sallys story almost made me want to quit. You have to take care of a baby and it's very annoying. If you don't take care of it, you get literal weight added to you until you can't move anymore because your overencumbered. Stuff like that was awful in the game. Still just glad I got it for "free"

Antsa

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
This current Steam-Epic Store kerfuffle got me thinking about good old Windows Store and I decided to check ito out. As a pleasant surprise there was a campaign for 1 month of Game Pass at 1€. I thought that the reason for PC players to dislike Windows Store was something under the hood but I was shocked about the selection of games. There is literally only Microsoft's published and Indie developed games accompanied with lots of mobile ports.

And as for Game Pass I can't blieve what I am seeing. There was total of 12 games for my region (as for PC). I was bit excited when I first saw Game Pass selection but stunned after I figured that most of that was XBox only.

Am I missing something here?

Windu

Oct 25, 2017
This current Steam-Epic Store kerfuffle got me thinking about good old Windows Store and I decided to check ito out. As a pleasant surprise there was a campaign for 1 month of Game Pass at 1€. I thought that the reason for PC players to dislike Windows Store was something under the hood but I was shocked about the selection of games. There is literally only Microsoft's published and Indie developed games accompanied with lots of mobile ports.

And as for Game Pass I can't blieve what I am seeing. There was total of 12 games for my region (as for PC). I was bit excited when I first saw Game Pass selection but stunned after I figured that most of that was XBox only.

Game Pass is not officially on PC yet.

EvilBoris

Prophet of Truth - HDTVtest
Verified
Oct 29, 2017

no, there are only 16 games which are play anywhere that are on game pass

Antsa

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Game Pass is not officially on PC yet.

Ok that makes more sense. Still seems kinda weird that they had this one Euro campaign considering that it has not been officially launched.

This got me try Forza Horizon 4 and It seems pretty sweet. I would not propably never tried it without Game Pass.

SuikerBrood

Jan 21, 2018

Gamepass hasn't officially launched on PC yet. And Microsoft's Play Anywhere program hasn't really taken off since 2016. Only a couple of indies (like Guacamelee 2 recently) are supporting it now besides Microsoft first party.

Booker.DeWitt

Oct 25, 2017
Sony kinda has the same thing with ps now. There are ps4 games you can download instead of stream, they just don't promote that much. Suspect that will change next gen.

I had ps now, does not even come close to gamepass.

no simultaneous day one releases, the selection does not include lot sof 3rd party games like gamepass, and I can actually get gamepass cheaper with frequent sales.

Acorn

Oct 25, 2017
Scotland
I had ps now, does not even come close to gamepass.

no simultaneous day one releases, the selection does not include lot sof 3rd party games like gamepass, and I can actually get gamepass cheaper with frequent sales.
I wasn't saying it's exactly the same, just saying the building blocks are already there. They could do the same thing if they wanted tomorrow.

Just like games with gold followed ps plus giving games.

Edit I hope they do copy it, I'll have both consoles so it would be pretty cool to have tons of games available on both for a low sub.

Deleted member 14649

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
LiS season 2 episodes will arrive on Game Pass 90 days after the retail version, according to Square Enix. Don't think they will be on there day one and rightly so considering people have bought season passes.

Status
Not open for further replies.