• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dyashen

Dec 20, 2017
Belgium
https://www.trueachievements.com/n3...ng-xbox-game-pass-at-the-end-of-december-2018

Xbox One
  • Deadlight: Directors Cut
  • Farming Simulator 15
  • Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes
  • NBA Playgrounds
  • WRC 5
Xbox 360
  • Bayonetta
  • Injustice: Gods Among Us

Got Bayonetta physical, but definitely was hoping for that one to stay on this service for a long time. Game Pass definitely has a great hack&slash catalog with DMC4, DmC, Ninja Gaiden Black and now Hellblade. Curious if we'd start seeing the Souls games on it.

NSA

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Kingdom: Two Crowns is the sequel which was released this week. Kingdom: New Lands is the first one, which has been on Game Pass for awhile now (I played it back near the start of the year, I believe).

I think you'd be good jumping right to Two Crowns, if you wanted. So far, it mostly feels like a big expansion for the original, offering a lot of little tweaks to things from the original, as well as a bunch of new upgrades/units.

Thanks! Got into it over the weekend.. is actually a lot of fun.. sure gets hard when winter hits though. Took a couple plays to get down what everything actually does.. but it's a fun game! How is 2 different than 1?

OneBadMutha

Nov 2, 2017
Thanks! Got into it over the weekend.. is actually a lot of fun.. sure gets hard when winter hits though. Took a couple plays to get down what everything actually does.. but it's a fun game! How is 2 different than 1?

I haven't played 1 but read up on it after playing 2. 2 sounds more accessible. 1 is Roguelike. When you die or mess up, that's it. 2 makes it possible for newbs to advance and see more levels.

Moppy

Oct 27, 2017

I haven't had more time to play yet, but yeah, I got stuck on the third island after squandering all of my income right as winter started. Didn't realize it would come so soon, and the third island doesn't seem to have a merchant guy for easy income. I had knights and a fully loaded squad to take on the portals, just no gold to send them. Sat around waiting for a couple weeks of in-game days and finally gave up. I ended up restarting that campaign and haven't pushed back to island 3 yet, haha.

I haven't played 1 but read up on it after playing 2. 2 sounds more accessible. 1 is Roguelike. When you die or mess up, that's it. 2 makes it possible for newbs to advance and see more levels.

I don't think the Kingdoms wiki has any specific pages for Two Crowns yet, but there is this one page summarizing most of the changes/additions that were coming before the game released: https://kingdomthegame.fandom.com/wiki/Kingdom:_Two_Crowns

And yeah, the campaign is structured differently for sure. In New Lands, if you say, beat Island 1, then beat Island 2, then decided to go back to Island 1, everything would be reset and randomized when you got there. In Two Crowns, your progress on each island is persistent. If you beat Island 1, then beat Island 2, then go back to Island 1 again, everything you did there the first time around is still there. I can't confirm, but I think that's why the day count in the pause screen doesn't match up anymore when you go to a new island - I think each island's "days passed" stays persistent when you come back? Not 100% sure though.

Raide

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Started playing Hellblade since it appeared on Game Pass. I don't think I would have purchased it day one but the atmosphere is top notch. Creepy and weird. Really factinated to see what they do with the tech and budget behind them now.

Magic

Oct 29, 2017
Just about the start Hellblade, as above not something I would have purchased but definitely looking forward to it. Any recommendations on the Graphics Mode I should use for X for a game like this? Enriched/High Resolution/High Framerate

Raide

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Just about the start Hellblade, as above not something I would have purchased but definitely looking forward to it. Any recommendations on the Graphics Mode I should use for X for a game like this? Enriched/High Resolution/High Framerate
I played enriched for a chunk. Looks nice but I do think that high framerate is the best for me personally. It's a pretty game but also fairly linear. I went with a nice framerate instead of better graphics but give them a try.

The good thing is that you can swap in the game and you don't have to reset or anything.

Apr 18, 2018
I'm bummed to see Farming Simulator leave. My young son enjoys that one. Might have to pick it or one of the more recent ones up if they are in the Holiday sale.

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
From the Gamesbiz interview.

"It's been awesome to watch the impact that Xbox Game Pass has had on both players and developers. Xbox Game Pass members play 40 per cent more games than they did before they joined. They discover new genres, new franchises, new storylines -- games they would not have played. Games get six times the number of monthly players after entering Xbox Game Pass. The service is helping create and sustain player communities for multiplayer titles and single player games, which make up nearly half of the most played games in the service."

TechnicPuppet

Oct 28, 2017
Below is fecking murder. I need a guide or something. I can't get into Ashen either. I'm such a lightweight these days.

Stop It

Bad Cat
Oct 25, 2017
did a quick month sub for $1 as i'm on leave and may have some extra time

Ashen & Mutant Year Zero here we go
Don't sleep on Hellblade if you haven't got it.

Or Forza. Or the Gears Games. There's too much for one month frankly!

I say as an excuse for subscribing until May 2020 because of the half price 6 month offers.

Edge

A King's Landing
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Celle, Germany
Got Bayonetta physical, but definitely was hoping for that one to stay on this service for a long time. Game Pass definitely has a great hack&slash catalog with DMC4, DmC, Ninja Gaiden Black and now Hellblade. Curious if we'd start seeing the Souls games on it.

Just a tip, download every 360 title that leaves and that you want to keep and let it stay on your hard drive. Then you can still play it until you delete it, even if it isn't in GamePass anymore because there is no time verification system for 360 games. Once it's on the hard drive you can play it "forever".

Lucifonz

Oct 27, 2017
United Kingdom
Mutant Year Zero is absolutely superb. Completely exceeded my expectations - how are more people not talking about this game right now? It's a brilliant XCOM-like with a more adventure style structure. Brilliant world and characters, looks great on the X too.

ParityBit

Oct 25, 2017
Just a tip, download every 360 title that leaves and that you want to keep and let it stay on your hard drive. Then you can still play it until you delete it, even if it isn't in GamePass anymore because there is no time verification system for 360 games. Once it's on the hard drive you can play it "forever".

Wow really?? So I should work to fill up my 8TB external I just got?

honest_ry

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Mutant Year Zero is absolutely superb. Completely exceeded my expectations - how are more people not talking about this game right now? It's a brilliant XCOM-like with a more adventure style structure. Brilliant world and characters, looks great on the X too.

They are. Its been getting a lot of praise on a few outlets. And is mentioned a lot here.

XVerdena

Oct 28, 2017
Holy shit, did not know this.

docyoe

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
wow thanks for the tip.

Hey Please

Avenger
Oct 31, 2017
Not America

Thanks for the just the tip :D

Stop It

Bad Cat
Oct 25, 2017
Incorrect. At least not universally.

Bomberman Live left the service and comes up with a message asking me to buy the game despite me having the game downloaded.

Edge

A King's Landing
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Celle, Germany

Bomberman Live left the service and comes up with a message asking me to buy the game despite me having the game downloaded.

Interesting, so it doesn't work with some games at least, anymore. It definitely worked before and some other people here were also talking about it in the past.

Will look into it later if I have some older titles left on my hard drive.

saenima

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

:o

This is very useful. Cheers.

Edit:

Oh.

Should've kept reading lol

Zoph

Oct 25, 2017
This isn't true at all.

Fuhgeddit

#TeamThierry
Oct 27, 2017
Would definitely love to see more indies that are action/adventure. Games like DOnut country, tesla vs. lovecraft are games I am dying to play but hoping they come to services like game pass.

bsigg

Oct 25, 2017
Would definitely love to see more indies that are action/adventure. Games like DOnut country, tesla vs. lovecraft are games I am dying to play but hoping they come to services like game pass.

Both are great. I bought Donut County because I've been wanting to play it since hearing about it earlier this year and it definitely does not disappoint

Reddaye

Mar 24, 2018
New Brunswick, Canada

Tesla vs Lovecraft is great. I just bought it last week for Switch and really enjoy it. Feels like a sequel to Crimson land, but with a much more focused campaign. 10Tons twin stick games usually feel really good to play, and this one is no exception.

pswii60

Oct 27, 2017
The Milky Way
Interesting, so it doesn't work with some games at least, anymore. It definitely worked before and some other people here were also talking about it in the past.

Will look into it later if I have some older titles left on my hard drive.
You sure people aren't just getting confused with the 30 days grace you have as standard when any game leaves the service?

Fuhgeddit

#TeamThierry
Oct 27, 2017
Tesla vs Lovecraft is great. I just bought it last week for Switch and really enjoy it. Feels like a sequel to Crimson land, but with a much more focused campaign. 10Tons twin stick games usually feel really good to play, and this one is no exception.

I didn't know tesla released on the switch

OneBadMutha

Nov 2, 2017

Awesome tip. Gonna download Bayonetta.

Status
Not open for further replies.