• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 28, 2017
It's just in the standard places either on the dash, Store tab>Memberships>"Get more info" on the game pass section>Select 6 months on the drop down menu for 23.97 squids or on the site - https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/p/xbox-game-pass/CFQ7TTC0K6L8/000P . Not sure why some people can't see it, I'm presuming you've tried all of the shenanigans people have posted in here. Unfortunately you can't buy as a gift at the reduced rate.

Amazon have a year for the reduced rate (48£) - https://www.amazon.co.uk/Xbox-Game-Pass-Month-Membership/dp/B07K7CFTQC/

Tried everything. Weirdly that link is now saying £7.99 a month when it was just a pound earlier. Strange.

Thanks though.

Oct 28, 2017
I was going from mobile to desktop to dashboard all day yesterday looking for that 50% off for 6 months deal and had no luck. Finally gave up on it. Then late last night I had just finished playing Rocket League and went to turn off the Xbox through the controller. Accidentally pressed the guide button instead of holding it and, lo and behold, in the bottom left corner of the screen when the guide came up was a "6 months half price" tab.

Utterly ridiculous what a ballache it is to get the thing to show.

matrix-cat

Oct 27, 2017
So I just had an experience I didn't think was possible any more in this day of tortuous region-specific licencing deals for subscription media services: one of my biggest reasons for getting an XB1X was a 4K version of Ninja Gaiden Black, but I live in Australia where that game was never released and as such isn't available to buy digitally. I spent ages looking up what I could do, sifting through Yahoo Answers threads that are now out of date because Microsoft has seemingly changed their policies about buying from other regions over the years, looking up where to buy US prepaid gift cards and wondering if I'd have to make a new American account...

Eventually I found out that I could just change my XB1's region to the USA, restart, go into the Game Pass catalogue and find Ninja Gaiden Black there waiting for me. I downloaded it, switched my region back to Australia, and it plays perfectly. I'm seriously in love with this console right now :P

Judge

Vault-Tec Seal of Approval
Oct 25, 2017
The Gardens Between is actually pretty damn solid. Interesting puzzles. This is something i likely never would have played since I wouldn't have sniffed at it for $20. Thanks Game Pass!

Flagship

Nov 6, 2017
Oh wow, I saw Mutant Year Zero ages ago and thought it looked cool! So glad it's on here, i would've bought it based on these reviews I'm seeing but now i can at least try it.

Been playing some Shantae and the Pirate's Curse, pretty darn fun man! Looking forward to Hellblade too!

Kratos2013

Jan 25, 2018
Mutant Year Zero will be my first wanted game downloaded from Gamepass. I joined a few days ago. I am going to check the Gardens Between since I've read some good feedback about it too.

Antrax

Oct 25, 2017
Finished The Gardens Between over the week. Cool game with clever puzzles. It told the visual story really well. Especially how the environments metaphorically related to the story. Only took 2-3 hours to finish.

And to that I began to wonder. Is this what single player experiences on Game Pass should be? Short, tight games that only take a few hours of your time? I imagine they'd be quicker to release if they were and if there is a regular flow of that type of single player game it would keep me subscribed.

It's definitely something I've posted about before. It's how subs like Netflix keep their members around month to month. You can't afford multi-million dollar productions like Bright every month, so they have other stuff in between that covers a good spectrum of user interests. All you need for a member is a single game in the service that month that costs more than $10 (assuming they even paid full price for GP). Then it's worth it overall for that person. Obviously keep doing things like Gears and Forza, but you can't make those every month, or even every year.

And for those developers of games like this, they get another option to deliver their product. Let's face it; a good number of games that might be fun aren't going to sell for any amount that covers their budget. Some experiences are just too niche, and people (fairly) won't take a chance on something that's really out there. But MS will pay you to put it on GP, and that can help you sell copies. If it's got an MP component, GP can help you keep the playerbase high enough to keep it fun.

Poutine

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Just got a message saying I got a free download of the Hitman movie (blah!) because I played Hitman through Gamepass. Anyone else?

Enjoying Hitman in Xbox Game Pass? Here is a Hitman [14A] movie rental on us. Redeem on your console or Xbox.com/redeemcode by 15/01/2019

CloudCircus

Dec 9, 2017
I live overseas and I want to use the service. I can't do the trial because I don't have a US credit card (backup payment method). If I use a digital code for 12 months, do I still need a credit card on file?

Kapryov

Oct 27, 2017
Australia
I tried out Rocket League, because why not, and it got pretty choppy at one point :/
I was playing a single player 4v4 match on some autumn arena, framerate went bad about halfway through. Couldn't find any way to change resolution or anything, so just started disabling some graphical effects and it came back around. Maybe it was a bug?

Also discovered that I suck at Rocket League. Like I'm terrible! I lost to a rookie CPU. I even knocked the ball into my own goal! Lost 1 to 3. Fuck.

oracledragon

Oct 27, 2017
Does Mutant Year Zero support Play Anywhere?

Doesn't seem that it does, although there is a PC version. Been quite impressed with this on Xbox one... controls well, looks good, combat was great. "Inspired" by XCom is underselling it, but doesn't change that it seems to be quite good. Easily one of my favorite Gamepass titles so far.

Kittenz

Oct 28, 2017
Minneapolis
I love it when games think they're being clever by meta-comments about how tedious a quest is. Newsflash: it's not clever writing, and the quest is still tedious.
And yet I found Agents of Mayhem very fun. Each character plays differently, and the swapping can lead to interesting combos. I'd heard only bad things and have been pleasantly surprised. I''m a Saturday away (and maybe one glitched crystal) away from 100%-ing it. Good mindless fun.

Lowrys

Oct 25, 2017
London
And yet I found Agents of Mayhem very fun. Each character plays differently, and the swapping can lead to interesting combos. I'd heard only bad things and have been pleasantly surprised. I''m a Saturday away (and maybe one glitched crystal) away from 100%-ing it. Good mindless fun.
Interesting. I bought it for £3 on Amazon because that's almost free, so hopefully I'll enjoy it.

TheKeyPit

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Germany
I tried out Rocket League, because why not, and it got pretty choppy at one point :/
I was playing a single player 4v4 match on some autumn arena, framerate went bad about halfway through. Couldn't find any way to change resolution or anything, so just started disabling some graphical effects and it came back around. Maybe it was a bug?

Also discovered that I suck at Rocket League. Like I'm terrible! I lost to a rookie CPU. I even knocked the ball into my own goal! Lost 1 to 3. Fuck.
Rocket League is like THE hardest game to get "good" at.

+The default camera settings suck.

justiceiro

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Sorry if already answered but I didn't find a search function for the tread. Anyway, there is a PC list or are just the play anywhere titles? It even launched on PC yet?

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
I'd somehow completely missed that Rocket League has had its 4K Xbox One X update. Crikey! Dunno how I missed that. Woo!

Deleted member 2254

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'd somehow completely missed that Rocket League has had its 4K Xbox One X update. Crikey! Dunno how I missed that. Woo!

Game looks bonkers right now. Not only 4K HDR but they actually worked on the colour palettes, reworked many objects on the maps and special effects... it really feels like playing a sequel or something, glorious work. I encountered one small framerate dip during an explosion which I don't recall seeing in the past, but it was nothing major or frequent. Seems like an excellent patch all around.

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
Game looks bonkers right now. Not only 4K HDR but they actually worked on the colour palettes, reworked many objects on the maps and special effects... it really feels like playing a sequel or something, glorious work. I encountered one small framerate dip during an explosion which I don't recall seeing in the past, but it was nothing major or frequent. Seems like an excellent patch all around.

Yeah it looks stunning. Was it always HDR? Only had my HDR screen for a month or so. Resolution has done wonders for it.

Vert boil

Oct 27, 2017
blackpool, england
For UK peeps,

cdkeys are doing 10£ codes for 8£ atm (they have a 3 month expiry and the max you can buy at once is five). You can use your account balance to buy game pass so with the current deal you can grab another year for 40£.

pswii60

Oct 27, 2017
The Milky Way
Really enjoying Strange Brigade, it's good old school fun and surprisingly good looking on the X. Hadn't even heard of this game before. Also loving The Gardens Between. Game Pass just keeps delivering, can't believe we're getting Ashen tomorrow too. It's insane.

Status
Not open for further replies.