• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

crazillo

Apr 5, 2018
Great additions! My biggest work stress will be over next week, excited to dip into a few games after that

OneBadMutha

Nov 2, 2017
Article on Polygon about third parties/Laser League's launch on Game Pass.

https://www.polygon.com/2018/11/29/18117550/xbox-game-pass-third-party-games-launch-2019

What Laser League's launch tells us about Xbox Game Pass' future
Microsoft's subscription service leans hard into third parties

Interesting read. Helps understanding why it's a good thing 3r party games get rotated out and why it wouldn't be a good thing to suddenly have 1000 games in there. By keeping the service curated and selection manageable enough that gamers can discover what's in there, it makes it more attractive to publishers and developers. By keeping it attractive to them, the quality of new stuff should remain high. I'm noticing the quality of 3rd party new stuff is getting higher.

pswii60

Oct 27, 2017
The Milky Way
Hellblade is a must play. One of the most interesting games I've ever played.
It didn't quite click with me but there was still lots to appreciate.

Firstly, the fact that visually it can sit alongside any AAA game this gen, despite it being made by a small team of only 16 people. The "illusion" puzzle elements were very clever. And the character acting was just sublime, and right up there with the best we've seen this gen.

Personally, DmC is still my favourite game by NT by far - I loved the 60fps definitive edition, screw the haters. Enslaved was great too. But I just found Hellblade too slow and wasn't a big fan of the combat encounters.

But it makes me extremely intrigued about NT's next game, now that they have a budget and a more secure future.

striderno9

The Fallen
Oct 31, 2017
New York, NY

Firstly, the fact that visually it can sit alongside any AAA game this gen, despite it being made by a small team of only 16 people. The "illusion" puzzle elements were very clever. And the character acting was just sublime, and right up there with the best we've seen this gen.

Personally, DmC is still my favourite game by NT by far - I loved the 60fps definitive edition, screw the haters. Enslaved was great too. But I just found Hellblade too slow and wasn't a big fan of the combat encounters.

But it makes me extremely intrigued about NT's next game, now that they have a budget and a more secure future.

Fair criticisms, NT is definitely one of my favorite devs out there, they make very interesting imperfect games. Hellblade is a great example of that. and fuck yeah DmC rocks.

ZeeAyKay

Oct 25, 2017
Article on Polygon about third parties/Laser League's launch on Game Pass.

https://www.polygon.com/2018/11/29/18117550/xbox-game-pass-third-party-games-launch-2019

What Laser League's launch tells us about Xbox Game Pass' future
Microsoft's subscription service leans hard into third parties

I'm surprised they're using this example as a success. When I jumped on it just a few weeks after launch I was having trouble finding matches. Has the player base grown?

Lukas Taves

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Brazil
I'm surprised they're using this example as a success. When I jumped on it just a few weeks after launch I was having trouble finding matches. Has the player base grown?
Yeah, it's weird. At least around launch the population dropped like flies because of the network issues.

But perhaps they are accounting that despite that they made good money?

jorgejjvr

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Not sure where to ask this

The record that says it can do 15 sec to 5 minutes, but it always seems to be 30 sec. How can I get 5 Mins?

Deleted member 274

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Op Updated with December looking like (Ashen when it's announced)
- The Gardens Between (29th November)
- Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice (1st December)
- Ori and the Blind Forest (1st December)
- Mutant Year Zero (4th December)
- Strange Brigade (6th December)
- Kingdom: Two Crowns (11th December)
Goddamn

Rebellion getting that Game Pass $$$

Acquiesc3

Oct 30, 2017
Anyone know what time the games are leaving? I'm playing RE:0 (it's good) and feel like I'm getting close to the end. Would suck if it leaves while I'm playing. Wondering if it actually kicks you out of the game.

Oct 30, 2017
This may have been asked or answered but I would appreciate the advice. I just bought an xbox one x and it comes with a code for a free month of gamepass. If I did the dollar promotion now, would I be able to use that free month code after I cancel at the end of my dollar month? Or do I just not worry about the dollar promotion and enjoy my 1 month code?

Phonzo

Oct 26, 2017
This may have been asked or answered but I would appreciate the advice. I just bought an xbox one x and it comes with a code for a free month of gamepass. If I did the dollar promotion now, would I be able to use that free month code after I cancel at the end of my dollar month? Or do I just not worry about the dollar promotion and enjoy my 1 month code?
Use promo then code

jorgejjvr

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Question era, can my brother who is coming to visit, use my Xbox one s at my house, login to his account, and play my game pass games?

If one day he gets pass himself or buys a game, I would like him to keep his progress

If not, what would work, login as guest?

Thanks

Zaubrer

Oct 16, 2018
Question era, can my brother who is coming to visit, use my Xbox one s at my house, login to his account, and play my game pass games?

If one day he gets pass himself or buys a game, I would like him to keep his progress

If not, what would work, login as guest?

Thanks
If it is set up as your home Xbox: yes

Kapryov

Oct 27, 2017
Australia
I guess no Ori or Hellblade yet?
I don't actually have time to play either, being knee deep in several other games right now, but I must have them. If you get my meaning.

dreamcast

Oct 27, 2017
Finished The Gardens Between over the week. Cool game with clever puzzles. It told the visual story really well. Especially how the environments metaphorically related to the story. Only took 2-3 hours to finish.

And to that I began to wonder. Is this what single player experiences on Game Pass should be? Short, tight games that only take a few hours of your time? I imagine they'd be quicker to release if they were and if there is a regular flow of that type of single player game it would keep me subscribed.

Coxy

Oct 28, 2017
Finished The Gardens Between over the week. Cool game with clever puzzles. It told the visual story really well. Especially how the environments metaphorically related to the story. Only took 2-3 hours to finish.

And to that I began to wonder. Is this what single player experiences on Game Pass should be? Short, tight games that only take a few hours of your time? I imagine they'd be quicker to release if they were and if there is a regular flow of that type of single player game it would keep me subscribed.
No - we need a mixture - because not everyone wants what you describe.

DrScruffleton

Oct 26, 2017
I played the first episode of thief of thieves without seeing much about it other than the short clip at XO18. It was truly miserable. I thought it was going to be like a telltale narrative game, but its a really awful clunky stealth game with terrible graphics and voice acting. Would have been legitimately angry if I bought it, thank you game pass.

GameAddict411

Oct 26, 2017

I thin your expectations of what it supposed to be ruined the game for you. It was not supposed to be combat or gameplay focused. It was supposed to be a different more niche experience. I think NJ succeed at that. The game is also very short so the time investment for the player isn't very long considering how good it is.

impact

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Tampa

I sub to Gamepass for big games like Forza Horizon 4, Halo MCC/5, Gears series, etc. If it was mostly those 2-3 hour indie games I doubt I'd be subbed even for $20 a year.

They need to keep a mix of AAA and indie, as well as single and multiplayer.

Nov 8, 2017
They definitely need variety, but 2-4 hour low budget experiences would be a great way to pad out the offerings. Like if you had MS built a ~100 person studio dedicated to that idea you could split into small teams of ~10-12 and with an 18-24 month release cycle end up with 3-5 highly creative and varied indie-scale games every year that they'd get to keep on their service permanently. Great way to grow the "game count" for marketing purposes, pad slow months of the year with new exclusive content and have more chances for cheap breakout hits that could be grown into larger games.

Tregard

Oct 27, 2017
Really tried to like Agents Of Mayhem, but my god, the first hour is a total slog. Had to call it quits when Rama points out how formulaic the whole mission structure is after the 3rd example of "Get a car, hack a device, kill some agents"

Lowrys

Oct 25, 2017
London
Really tried to like Agents Of Mayhem, but my god, the first hour is a total slog. Had to call it quits when Rama points out how formulaic the whole mission structure is after the 3rd example of "Get a car, hack a device, kill some agents"
I love it when games think they're being clever by meta-comments about how tedious a quest is. Newsflash: it's not clever writing, and the quest is still tedious.

Vlodril

Dec 18, 2017
So i just got gamepass but i am unfamiliar with xbox's ui in general. Want to download mutant year zero to try out but it doesnt seem to be on the gamepass i see newly added as the garden between and afterwards. But on the main desktop ui (whatever its called) it says play now with xbox game pass. when i click that it goes to a page where i can buy it i don't see any installation.

Oct 28, 2017
So i just got gamepass but i am unfamiliar with xbox's ui in general. Want to download mutant year zero to try out but it doesnt seem to be on the gamepass i see newly added as the garden between and afterwards. But on the main desktop ui (whatever its called) it says play now with xbox game pass. when i click that it goes to a page where i can buy it i don't see any installation.

I'm getting (in the UK) download available at noon.

Has the 6 months half price Game Pass deal finished now?

Vlodril

Dec 18, 2017
I'm getting (in the UK) download available at noon.

Has the 6 months half price Game Pass deal finished now?

Where exactly do you see available at noon?

Oct 28, 2017

Where exactly do you see available at noon?

https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/p/m...eden/9nmp9b9kmklf?activetab=pivot:overviewtab

Available on 04/12/2018, 12:00

Oct 28, 2017

Tangyn

Oct 29, 2017
Anyone know if the Darksiders 2 X patch ever happened? I fancy giving it a go but would rather wait for the patch. It didn't look like it was applied when I started the game up yesterday.

Vert boil

Oct 27, 2017
blackpool, england
Is it possible to send a link (my guess is no)? All I'm getting is "Join for £1" despite being subbed until June next year. Weird.

It's just in the standard places either on the dash, Store tab>Memberships>"Get more info" on the game pass section>Select 6 months on the drop down menu for 23.97 squids or on the site - https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/p/xbox-game-pass/CFQ7TTC0K6L8/000P . Not sure why some people can't see it, I'm presuming you've tried all of the shenanigans people have posted in here. Unfortunately you can't buy as a gift at the reduced rate.

Amazon have a year for the reduced rate (48£) - https://www.amazon.co.uk/Xbox-Game-Pass-Month-Membership/dp/B07K7CFTQC/

dreamcast

Oct 27, 2017
I sub to Gamepass for big games like Forza Horizon 4, Halo MCC/5, Gears series, etc. If it was mostly those 2-3 hour indie games I doubt I'd be subbed even for $20 a year.

They need to keep a mix of AAA and indie, as well as single and multiplayer.
I didn't mean that's what they exclusively do. Complementing the multiplayer games that have a long tail due to replayability and DLC with these kinds of games every month would be nice. As someone mentioned above, they could release games quickly, and because of the subscription nature, selling a bunch of copies is not needed for it to be successful.

Status
Not open for further replies.