• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Windu

Oct 25, 2017
Silly question but can you predownload with GP? I have a 6 month subscription and am looking forward to Crackdown 3 :)
Well it hasn't been a feature. They have said they were working on it.

Today I saw that you can install Crackdown 3 right now if you have Game Pass. Couple 100 MB files. So maybe that will preload when the time comes.

GamerDude

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
So do we still have new games to be announced for December, or do we know everything left for 2018? Outside of Hellblade, I was not at all impressed with the Game Pass announcements today. So I hope more are coming for December.

Blackueen

Oct 28, 2017
Belgium
I'm new to xbox one and I'm kinda blown away by gamepass. How can they do something like this for the price? I'll be gaming a whole year on my new backlog.

Lee Morris

Oct 28, 2017
A question for people who have bought the for $1, do you still have the option of purchasing 6 months for 50% off?

Edge

A King's Landing
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Celle, Germany
Does GamePass have pre load now? I updated my Android app and Crackdown 3 appears with a 100mb client already downloadable.

E8ajRB8.jpg

Deleted member 2254

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, both Crackdown 3 executables can be downloaded. This is effectively a pre-load, game will be updated and ready to go as soon as it drops on Game Pass.

Certinfy

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Thief of Thieves is just the first of four episodes out. Wouldn't say it's a bad game but damn, the gameplay is so f***ing horrible. At least the story seems interesting.

Coxy

Oct 28, 2017
just took advantage of the 6 month offer - got 6 months for £23 nice :) my first sub to Game Pass.

Couchpotato

Nov 7, 2018
Is there a web link to the offer 6 month offer? I can't seem to find anything other than the 1$ for 1 month in the xbox store. I've never subscribed before. Edit - I'm on the US store.

Last edited:

crafton

Oct 28, 2017
just took advantage of the 6 month offer - got 6 months for £23 nice :) my first sub to Game Pass.

Also worth noting that if you're saving up for the 3 month Gamepass reward from Microsoft rewards it makes more sense at the moment to claim the Gift cards and then buy the discounted Gamepass from the store.

Currently it's £23.97 for 6 months of Gamepass on the Microsoft store.

On MS rewards it's:
29,250 points for a £25 Giftcard
11,700 points for a £10 Giftcard
or
17,000 points for 3 months of Gamepass

RavenSan

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
New Jersey
so I bought 6 months, but it looks like I can only buy 1 6-month. If I go to buy a second one (to make it a year) it just shows me "manage"

**Edit** waited about 10 minutes and was able to buy a second 6 month sub. So I'm good until 2020.

Ocean

Oct 25, 2017
I get a 14 day free trial or a 1 month for $1 option.

Weird thing is I already had a trial (came with my X), so I'm surprised they're giving me another one. Would've definitely paid for that 50% off 6m option.

Chris.

Oct 27, 2017
How long is the game pass deal for?

Showing up for me and I'm already a member. Thinking about buying 6 months just to extend it.

Jingo

Banned
Dec 10, 2017
I dont understand this, its 1 dollar 1 month use only till january, or can i buy as many months as i want for 1 dollar?

NutterB

Oct 27, 2017
The $1 Game Pass deal is only if you have had no active subscription for the last 6 months. (its in tiny text at the bottom of the promotion page)

ParityBit: Are you currently subscribed to Game Pass? If so, then you must turn off auto renewal for it to allow you purchase again.

ParityBit

Oct 25, 2017
Ok when I turned off auto renewal it now gives me the option to extend? This is what I see now....

MDTaARI.png

Last edited:

Couchpotato

Nov 7, 2018
Screen-Shot-2018-11-13-at-9-33-46-AM.png

This is all I get on both the web store and the xbox store regardless of if I'm logged in or not. I'm on the US store. So the 6 month deal is only for if you have been subscribed before or are a current subscriber with auto renewal turned off?
b6iNDdA

Phionoxx

Oct 26, 2017
United States
Does anyone happen to know if Game Pass codes bought online via Amazon would expire over time?

I'm still sitting on two 6-month codes picked up during a previous sale. Waiting to redeem them until the PC side of things picks up a bit in terms of more games being offered as part of the service.

Mercenary09

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Does anyone know why I can't get the 6 months to appear? I'm in the US and have auto renew turned off but all it shows is the one month option.

OneBadMutha

Nov 2, 2017
Anyone else looking forward to Mutant Year Zero in about a month? Game looks great and I love the stealth element. Previews have also been better than expected so im hoping for a real good stealth turn based strategy RPG.

That was one of my favorite things during X018. To me as good as any normal AAA announcement. I love Xcom and this game seems tailor made for me. Mutant Year Zero and Ashen are going to make for a great December.

Anyone else here become bigger fans of Indies since Game Pass? I'm trying stuff I would've never considered buying and loving it. Also these AA Indies that launch into Game Pass Day 1 have been a more significant highlight than the older AAA games for me.

OneBadMutha

Nov 2, 2017
If you guys find Game Pass for 50% off, load up. You can stack them. I currently have 2 years worth. Might add another year. I would've bought Forza Horizon 4 and Crackdown anyways. Same cost let's me play both those games and many, many more over a 2 year period.

Just looking at what I would've purchased in late 2018 and 2019
  • Forza Horizon 4
  • Crackdown
  • Ashen
  • Gears 5
  • Ori 2
  • Battletoads
Would've cost me what...$250 maybe? Doesn't include 2020. Since I'm not a collector, this is crazy value.

Derrick01

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I just had a gamepass quest on my ms rewards app show up. Worth 5000 points and just need achievements from various games. I really like that they're doing this kind of thing, I just wish the tracking was a little smoother.

Status
Not open for further replies.