• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Truezeldafan

Oct 28, 2017
Chicago
What is the state of BDO at this point? I only played a couple of past betas...but for what I did play I thought the combat was fun. Is it a dull grindy mess? P2W? or actually decent fun?

MYeager

Oct 30, 2017
Bonus Game:

Descenders launches on Game Pass on Day One on May 7th.

apps.55218.65934155925401073.74dc5a32-be47-43e9-9e37-fa8d20b8ee5b.f6399b8c-0975-494d-8e93-d7815fad9486

apps.13228.65934155925401073.74dc5a32-be47-43e9-9e37-fa8d20b8ee5b.c36584cc-f84e-4441-aae5-e8286ce4f270

apps.42481.65934155925401073.74dc5a32-be47-43e9-9e37-fa8d20b8ee5b.aab466b3-75de-4152-93d9-a908f9c36cf7

Nice, I've wanted another Downhill Domination type game. This looks different but that it might scratch the same itch

Prine

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Man, always wanted to try Wolf2 but didn't want to take the plunge due to me finding it difficult to enjoy FPS games that arnt Halo, perfect chance to try it out.

Falus

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I was absolutely unexcited. Only Wolfenstein which I have already. Dont get others reactions

EdgeXL

Oct 27, 2017
California
As a big fan of Advance Wars 1&2, I had my eye on Wargroove. Excited that I can play it later this week on Game Pass instead of waiting for a sale.

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
W2 is such a gamepass game for me. Like not so long ago i would have bought it already in a sale for 20 bucks or so. Like i usually do with games i am interested and are SP only.
But now my mindset is always i wait.

Xumbrega

Oct 25, 2017
Brasil
Only the Dishonored games and Evil Within games left for Bethesda (and Fallout 76, of course) to enter on Game Pass.

Come on Bethesda, just announce it already that you will launch games day one on the XGP, we know you want

nekkid

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
They keep making it amazing already, and yet there's apparently something big to announce at E3 about Game Pass. Nuts.

Xiao Hu

Chicken Chaser
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
So for somebody who doesn't have a Xbox: How long do those games usually stay on the Gamepass?

Ricker

Oct 27, 2017
Beautiful Province of Quebec.
I knew Tacoma was coming because it was on sale a few weeks ago ;) waited this time unlike Vampyr that I bought for 20(still cheap) and it came to GP after the sale...Black Desert is like 12 bucks or something since launch,I tried the beta and I like everything about it but the Node Management makes me pass on the game.Good month though.

Lorul2

Jan 4, 2018
So for somebody who doesn't have a Xbox: How long do those games usually stay on the Gamepass?

Depends... other than fallout four which was on for a month and then came back and is still on the service most games stay on for a few months minimum 4,5,6 maybe . Microsoft games supposedly never leave

Irrotational

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah I think most have been 6 months or so but that's gut feel.

MGS 5 was only on for 3 months, but when they announced it was joining gamepass they immediately flagged the 3 month limit so people could plan as much as possible....I assume/believe that nearly everything else has been significantly longer.

I *think* so far the rate (and quality of games being added) has outwieghed those leaving, so it's over 200 now.

I can't keep up with it all, so I've now restricted myself to only playing games that are leaving the service that month AND i want to play....even then it's hard to keep up.

OneBadMutha

Nov 2, 2017

Lot of people saying 6 months but I'd say most stay in longer. On a monthly basis, 4-5% leave. Usually they put in slightly more than they take out. Do the math on that and it would take 18 months to 2 years to remove every 3rd party game that's currently in Game Pass even if they replaced all of them.

Vj27

Feb 10, 2019
I bought wolfienstien 2 around red dead 2 for like $15 and I still haven't got past the first level of it lol. Guess I should try to beat it this time.

Vj27

Feb 10, 2019
Man, always wanted to try Wolf2 but didn't want to take the plunge due to me finding it difficult to enjoy FPS games that arnt Halo, perfect chance to try it out.
Lmao honestly I'm the opposite, games that aren't halo I usually breeze through, I was playing cod black ops 4 split screen with my bro (after he declined playing MCC because he's one of those cod, madden, 2k type of gamers) and straight up demolished him. I'm so used to aiming at the head for everything in halo that whenever I play an FPS game (especially the fast paced titanfall esq games) I just get headshots on headshots, give me a sniper in battlefield and I will destroy everyone and everything. Great game though definitely give it a go.

Atisha

Banned
Nov 28, 2017
Value proposition for gold has been steady delcining. This month is the cap of a slow pile of sherman. And it's making me sad. Can I just get game pass, sale prices and online play UNCLE PHIL?

We are kind of in a pickle i can see that.

Ushay

Oct 27, 2017
Note to self, stop buying games. This is insane!
I'm going to wait for Darksiders 3 to go on there now.

I know I say this every month .. but Game Pass is simply superb!

Heretic

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
This is interesting to ask for a game like Black Desert since its a MMO, it will really suck if you are into it and all,since its almost like a GaaS,that they take it out...usually ''normal'' games stay a long time.
You can buy the game at a discount if you really like it.

spyroflame0487

One Winged Slayer
Nov 3, 2017
Holy cow, BDO being on there is super unexpected. I hope someone makes us a new general for it, because I'm surprised there's not more people talking about it.

What is the state of BDO at this point? I only played a couple of past betas...but for what I did play I thought the combat was fun. Is it a dull grindy mess? P2W? or actually decent fun?
I've never played the beta or the PC version, and was gifted the starter version from a friend. The combat is different for each character and there's a whole heck of a lot you can try out, especially over the last month here where they had all kinds of free loot they were handing out (Combat XP scrolls, the Hot Time Event where you get more XP, XP boosts for doing pretty much everything in the game, etc)

Getting up there to 50 is pretty easy, which opens up the end game kind of stuff that's really tough unless you really buckle down and get to 56/get your armor improved. There's this whole system of enchanting your armor to be better, repairing it, slotting in crystals, etc that is totally optional since you can either do that or spend your time doing other things like learning about different characters in the game, farming, fishing, exploring, etc. PVP is on after Lv 50 but your mileage may vary if you get attacked by idiots though.

I would say that it's almost "P2W proof" in a sense; you can buy stuff that improves your chances of getting better loot, or better enchanting chances but you still have to put in the physical leg work to get the item. There's a lot of cool stuff you can buy though like decorations for your house, pets that help giving you boosts/pick up drops, etc though.

Kaji AF16

Nov 6, 2017
Argentina
At least three games I am interested in (Wolfenstein II, Black Desert and The Surge). Game Pass continues its unbelievable streak and allows me to focus my gaming purchases of the year only on extremely big, multiplayer-oriented third party titles (The Division 2, Mortal Kombat 11, Borderlands 3, etc.).

Truezeldafan

Oct 28, 2017
Chicago
Holy cow, BDO being on there is super unexpected. I hope someone makes us a new general for it, because I'm surprised there's not more people talking about it.

I've never played the beta or the PC version, and was gifted the starter version from a friend. The combat is different for each character and there's a whole heck of a lot you can try out, especially over the last month here where they had all kinds of free loot they were handing out (Combat XP scrolls, the Hot Time Event where you get more XP, XP boosts for doing pretty much everything in the game, etc)

Getting up there to 50 is pretty easy, which opens up the end game kind of stuff that's really tough unless you really buckle down and get to 56/get your armor improved. There's this whole system of enchanting your armor to be better, repairing it, slotting in crystals, etc that is totally optional since you can either do that or spend your time doing other things like learning about different characters in the game, farming, fishing, exploring, etc. PVP is on after Lv 50 but your mileage may vary if you get attacked by idiots though.

I would say that it's almost "P2W proof" in a sense; you can buy stuff that improves your chances of getting better loot, or better enchanting chances but you still have to put in the physical leg work to get the item. There's a lot of cool stuff you can buy though like decorations for your house, pets that help giving you boosts/pick up drops, etc though.

Awesome. Thanks for that write up. I mean literally nothing to lose in trying it. Cheers

ghibli99

Oct 27, 2017
Damn, good stuff! The Gold requirement for MP is like the only roadblock to Gold being completely pointless, so I hope they roll them together soon (and at not much of a bump in price). The free games are terrible (next month's seem like literally the worst ever), and discounts? That's easy enough to roll into GP, and you already are offered decent discounts on any GP-featured games if you want to own them outright.

Goldenroad

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 2, 2017
I've been jonesing for a Lego game lately. Never played Batman 3. Looking forward to this. Tacoma too...and Wargroove...I'll probably check out Surviving Mars as well...god dammit...I haven't even touched Monster Hunter yet.

Everyone better damn well play Wolfenstein 2. What a fucking ride.

statham

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
FloRida
I'm very excited for BD:O after watching some videos. Tho I will probably spend the first two hours in character creation.

ColonelForbin

Oct 28, 2017
Damn, good stuff! The Gold requirement for MP is like the only roadblock to Gold being completely pointless, so I hope they roll them together soon (and at not much of a bump in price). The free games are terrible (next month's seem like literally the worst ever), and discounts? That's easy enough to roll into GP, and you already are offered decent discounts on any GP-featured games if you want to own them outright.
I thought they already announced to bundle them together?

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.ga...game-pass-are-being-bundled-tog/1100-6466274/

kubev

Oct 25, 2017
California
Oh, nice. I was putting off purchasing WarGroove due to some of the balance issues people were talking about, so it's nice to see that it'll be available for me to try out on Game Pass.

Mington

Banned for use of alt account
Banned
Dec 22, 2018
Bethesda putting all thier games in day one is going to happen

Irrotational

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Game pass is great.

As a mainly xbox gamer, I have weirdly benefitted a LOT from their bad reveal and start to the generation.

Bundled scloosies, tons of good/great games at very cheap prices, and some great hardware redesigns.

(On the flip side I haven't got to play uncharted, gears of war...I mean God of war...and spiderman)

Lucifonz

Oct 27, 2017
United Kingdom
Oh, nice. I was putting off purchasing WarGroove due to some of the balance issues people were talking about, so it's nice to see that it'll be available for me to try out on Game Pass.
They've had a few patches now that have really improved things AFAIK. Maybe some folks who've spent more time with the game can clarify on that.