• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Raboon

Oct 30, 2017
I just subbed again.. Game Pass on PC isn't worth $10 (for me) so I'll be cancelling next month and wait for some new and exciting game.

Kami

Jul 13, 2020
I am good for a long while

61JaOtL.png
How does one acquire this?

TeenageFBI

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Mods do work now with Gamepass, its still more of a hassle than it should be compared to outside of the service but it got added a few months back.
Do Game Pass games work with *any* mod that works with, say, a Steam release or are there caveats?

Just curious. I was under the impression that some Windows Store games can be modded but those games were specifically coded to allow for it. I certainly could be mistaken.

dakun

Oct 28, 2017
for it to be the same price as Gamepass on Xbox it would need to have the same amount of quality games. It's not there yet

Perseus

Sep 5, 2019
And the price will keep on rising in the future. At 10 dollars or more I don't see the value anymore, most games in the service are boring or mediocre at best, and every AAA title that gets added is usually older. I will only subscribe when they release any first party games in the future and then cancel again.

neon/drifter

Shit Shoe Wasp Smasher
Apr 3, 2018
I think I'll stick with it. I really like it a lot to be honest. Often times I'll be window shopping on Steam or elsewhere and see something that looks awesome and go, "I wonder if I have that on Game Pass?" And I do most of the time! That's good value there, it just works out well for me. I'm looking at 9 full games that I have because of game pass and I enjoy all of them. Especially love it when a new game comes out and I get to just play it day one without any new money out of my pocket.

Oct 25, 2017
Mods do work now with Gamepass, its still more of a hassle than it should be compared to outside of the service but it got added a few months back.
This isn't correct. There is an "allow modding" button for select titles where the dev chose to allow modding, but it's not there on the vast majority of games.

Unauthorized modding like the ultrawide monitor support mod for Resident Evil 7 are not possible.

Kalor

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
Do Game Pass games work with *any* mod that works with, say, a Steam release or are there caveats?

Just curious. I was under the impression that some Windows Store games can be modded but those games were specifically coded to allow for it. I certainly could be mistaken.

I haven't tried it myself yet but I think its specific games but mods for say Steam will work.

TubaZef

Oct 28, 2017
Brazil
What's the next billing cycle?

I guess I'll keep paying at least until I finish some of the games I have pending there

N2BearHugs

May 29, 2018
One billing cycle notice? Eh... expected. I'd like to see some improvement to the pc-side app and library. But come November, and Cyberpunk release, I'll reassess.

Jaded Alyx

Oct 25, 2017
Question for Game Pass PC users, is there a way to have games not install on the C drive? Every time I change something to have games install to my other SSD it goes back to my other drive.
Settings > General > Drive Selection
IIRC it's technically in beta.
Current app is in beta.
Yes, but it was available openly. Unless this is just:

Marketing speech, probably just standard boiler plate for when software leaves a (usually closed) beta. In case of Gamepass it was an open beta, so yeah, it doesn't mean anything, it will just "update" and stop having the word "beta" in it.

Nilou

Oct 25, 2017
I really enjoyed PC gamepass when I've beensubscribed to it on and off since it's release, $5 was a fantastic price point. Wonder if with the price increase it means PC Gamepass and Xbox Gamepass will have parity in the amount of games available.

Mar 23, 2018
But the app is still awful.

The was a pretty big update this week that I hope solved all the issues.

To be honest, I haven't had an issue with the actual Xbox app in a couple months now. Microsoft Store's still a roulette though.

I literally had to completely wipe my main OS because I randomly couldn't install any gamesvia the Xbox app and couldn't install Flight Simulator. Spent hours trying to make it work with the extremely generic error code the app gave me.

NippleViking

May 2, 2018
Still an amazing deal, but $10 is a bit of a harder sell in its current state given how much it lags Xbox GamePass. That said, once EA Play/Access joins the fold the deal will be sweetened, and I'm going to assume that if they begin charging $10 that'll yield them more money to reinvest back into PC Gamepass releases.

Admiral Woofington

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
If no grandfathered prices I have little reason to stay subbed every single month I can always resub when something good comes out.

xenonium

Apr 3, 2020
I really enjoyed PC gamepass when I've beensubscribed to it on and off since it's release, $5 was a fantastic price point. Wonder if with the price increase it means PC Gamepass and Xbox Gamepass will have parity in the amount of games available.

Just look at the August games. Every one was available for PC and many were only PC.

XGP_81820_HERO.jpg

SuikerBrood

Jan 21, 2018
It was fun while it lasted.

Though with EA Play being added this holiday I can't complain too much. $10 still feels like a decent price.

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
I would expect that they'll start selling bulk months for PC Game Pass once it leaves beta, same as regular Game Pass and Ultimate.

I just bought 3 months of Game Pass Ultimate (so Game Pass for console, Game Pass for PC and Gold) for £18, so £6 a month.

Doubt anyone will actually have to pay the monthly cost if they're happy to buy monthly blocks.

Jamie

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
When I complained about the selection compared to the console library, people said "it's only 5 dollars." So I hope I will no longer see new games I'm interested in and then discover they are console only.
You heard them people! You got eight more days to tell them off before they have the upper ground.

Mupod

Oct 25, 2017
I generally only subscribe once in a while so it never made sense to buy 84 years of it. Funny thing is I just checked and it was randomly $1 again. I don't know why it keeps resetting to that price but hey sure.

SuikerBrood

Jan 21, 2018
Is this much of a big deal? I'm really don't understanding people reactions to a $5 increase.

Well, it can be the tipping point between thinking the service is worth it or not. $10 per month or $5 per month does make a difference. Sure, it's only $60 per year you're spending extra. But if Game Pass wasn't really worth it for you, for content, store or ownership reasons, this could be a reason to cancel the subscription.

dep9000

Banned
Mar 31, 2020
Damn. Probably $10/month. I guess I will keep it for another month to give myself to finish the games I'm currently playing, but then may need to reevaluate based on what's on the service at the time. Game Pass has primarily been my Slay the Spire pass, but I guess at this point I should just buy the game.

Jaded Alyx

Oct 25, 2017
To me, the addition of EA Play means I don't really care about the increase as I was probably going to sub to EA Play again at some point anyway.

JustInsane

Oct 27, 2017
$10 is too much with how much I use it or how little. I'll just wait until a handful of new games I want to play go on it, then I'll renew.

Uzupedro

Banned
May 16, 2020
Rio de Janeiro
Well, it can be the tipping point between thinking the service is worth it or not. $10 per month or $5 per month does make a difference. Sure, it's only $60 per year you're spending extra. But if Game Pass wasn't really worth it for you, for content, store or ownership reasons, this could be a reason to cancel the subscription.
Fair enough, personally I still think the value is good even with this increase.

FoneBone

Oct 27, 2017
Just look at the August games. Every one was available for PC and many were only PC.

XGP_81820_HERO.jpg

it's not a huge deal but Darksiders Genesis is only "PC-only" there because it was added for console a couple weeks earlier

also that's not the complete list for August. Dark Pictures: Man of Medan was console-only (along with every other Namco Bandai-published game on Game Pass - probably down to whatever deal they have with MS).

May 24, 2019
It's Flight Simulator Pass for me. I'd consider dropping it and just buying the game, but I'm sure I'll eventually get Ultimate once the new XBox is out.

Nilou

Oct 25, 2017

XGP_81820_HERO.jpg

Fantastic month of additions. I admit it's been awhile since I last subbed to PC gamepass so I've not been the most up to date on it on what's been added. Might just resub again later this month for RE7 and Tell Me Why alone.

Iron Eddie

Banned
Nov 25, 2019
Well if it's going out of beta and prices are going up then I expect more out of it to be honest.

Yappa

Oct 25, 2017
Hamburg/Germany
My Ultimate sub runs out in a few days and as a PC gamer I don't see myself paying any more than what I paid last year when I did the 1$ conversion, so unless there's a similar deal available I guess I'm out. The only game I finished was Halo Reach anyways...

Ampersands

Oct 25, 2017
I've been renewing solely with Bing points. I was doing it before by redeeming an Xbox giftcard for $5 (4650 points) and using that balance to pay monthly. There's an option for a month of PC Gamepass specifically for 6800 points but the Xbox giftcard is cheaper for the same thing.

But with this price increase, I would need to go for the $10 equivalent of Xbox giftcard to renew monthly which would be 9300 points. I'm hoping they won't increase the PC Gamepass reward from 6800 points but if they do, I'm wondering if it would be worth it to cash in now. Given that a month of Gamepass Ultimate is 12000 points where the monthly cost is $15, maybe they'll do a similar "discount" for PC Gamepass after the price increase.