• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Phil me in

Nov 22, 2018
S
I was able to sign up on Xbox yesterday, in a similar way to the PC steps posted above.

I just searched "Game Pass Ultimate" on the store, made sure it was searching all departments, and it appeared in the search results. Paid £1, and it converted my existing subs, I'm now good until June 2022.

Worth a try for anyone with an Xbox who wants to sign up. I'm in Preview Alpha, but reading above it seems insider level might not matter for this workaround.

Excited to see what the first batch of PC games will be.
so you already have paid for 3 years worth of game pass up front? Can't all be at £1.. like why?

Abaddon

Oct 25, 2017
S

so you already have paid for 3 years worth of game pass up front? Can't all be at £1.. like why?
It converts whatever Gold or Game Pass you currently have into Ultimate, so if you had 1 year Gold and 1 year Game Pass, you'd have 2 years of Ultimate straight up before you needed to pay again.

Edit: Looks like changes are being made, this just showed up in my MS Store search (Just leads to an error page when clicked):
GPPC.png

Last edited:

Abaddon

Oct 25, 2017
Am I wrong, these 2 weren't Play Anywhere before now? Looks like stuffs getting changed right now on the store. Got a feeling things showing up as Owned in the third picture are going to be GP PC (I don't own Void Bastards and its not PA, although when you click in it doesn't show the Game Pass for PC banner):
Capture-Moonlighter.png

Capture-Hellblade.png

Capture-Store.png

Jan 22, 2018
Quoting myself from another thread (is this against forum etiquette? if so, sorry)
Other titles I have noticed:

Void Bastards
Vampyr
Battlefleet Gothic: Armada
Valkyria Chronicles
Flame in the Flood
West of Loathing
SINNER
Football Manager 2019
MudRunner
Into the Breach
The Surge
Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus
Banner Saga 1 & 2

Deleted member 57421

User requested account closure
Banned
Jun 4, 2019
There's so many Xbox Game Pass threads I'm all over the place. Ones I've found.

Metro Exodus
Sunset Overdrive
Rise of Nations
Superhot
Gears of War Ultimate Edition
Rise of the Tomb Raider
Rime
Titan Quest Anniversary Edition
Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice
Guacamelee 2
Abzu

Deleted member 38088

Banned
Jan 11, 2018
Other titles I have noticed:

Void Bastards
Vampyr
Battlefleet Gothic: Armada
Valkyria Chronicles
Flame in the Flood
West of Loathing
SINNER
Football Manager 2019
MudRunner
Into the Breach
The Surge
Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus
Banner Saga 1 & 2
Some of those titles appear in the store, but aren't part of gamepass. At least not from what I'm seeing. Like Wolfenstein and The Surge are available for purchase but for full price not the subscription. Is it different for you?

Kiraly

Oct 30, 2017
Really hope that Xbox beta app on PC comes out tonight, can't bear this Microsoft Store any longer.

Kinggroin

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Uranus, get it?!? YOUR. ANUS.
I'm so lost. So are all my owned Xbox games that also show up in Windows store now available for me to play on my PC? Like, do I have to buy the game again?

Does this have anything to do with Gamepass.

Chick3n

Nov 6, 2018
Slay the Spire and Into the Breach are on PC gamepass! Two games I really wanted to play!

Deleted member 38088

Banned
Jan 11, 2018
Really hope that Xbox beta app on PC comes out tonight, can't bear this Microsoft Store any longer.
You can get it yourself right now if you really want. Just a heads up start up time is slow, but the app itself seems fine on my end afterwards. https://twitter.com/ALumia_Italia/status/1137627257852309504
I'm so lost. So are all my owned Xbox games that also show up in Windows store now available for me to play on my PC? Like, do I have to buy the game again?

Does this have anything to do with Gamepass.
No, there will be a new app that has a collection of games on them and some of them you can use PC gamepass to download while the rest you have to buy them normally. The Xbox gamepass subscription and PC subscription are independent. If you want both Xbox and PC and Xbox Live Gold there's Gamepass ultimate which ties them all together.

Jan 22, 2018
Oh weird. Maybe it's because I don't have an active subscription. It just shows "Buy" without mention Gamepass at all. Sorry if I gave misleading information or caused confusion.
It's all good. That's most likely it, as I am on the ultimate subscription. I did notice however that Wolfenstein has three different versions and only one allows you to download it. That could also have played a part.

I'm really liking this app; it's pretty slick I must say.

Mega1X

The Fallen
Jun 4, 2018
It's all good. That's most likely it, as I am on the ultimate subscription. I did notice however that Wolfenstein has three different versions and only one allows you to download it. That could also have played a part.

How did you install it by chance? I have getting a message saying "App installation failed with error message: A Prerequisite for an install could not be satisfied. (0x80073cfd)"

Ok think, i figured it out. If anyone runs into this error, update to the latest version of windows, if the latest version is already there then it this might work on the insider builds and not the normal ones.

Last edited:

Deleted member 38088

Banned
Jan 11, 2018
Oh, I think one edition is blank that then lets you choose if you want the normal edition or the deluxe one. I guess the deluxe one has to be bought but with a discount if you're subscribed already. They should just show one listing, but I guess this is a beta for a reason. Or I'm completely wrong who knows.
Have you noticed any problems with game installation like the MS Store used to have? I can't actually try for myself cause gamepass isn't officially launched where I live and i have to use cdkeys.

pink

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
when this new store coming out

i hate microsoft store, in a loop cycle to join windows insider program right now so I can't install games

Nate36

Banned
Jun 3, 2019
Stuff is saying "available for gamepass on PC", im sure this has already been said. But i'm kinda excited, been subbed to gamepass w/o an Xbox for a while now.

Jan 22, 2018
How did you install it by chance? I have getting a message saying "App installation failed with error message: A Prerequisite for an install could not be satisfied. (0x80073cfd)"

Ok think, i figured it out. If anyone runs into this error, update to the latest version of windows, if the latest version is already there then it this might work on the insider builds and not the normal ones.
I did not encounter that error, but I'm glad you solved it. I did however, originally receive an error about the games only being able to be installed on my primary drive. I believe it was just a discrepancy between where I told the Game Pass app to install and where Windows was told to store apps, as it's working fine now (directed at a non primary drive).
Have you noticed any problems with game installation like the MS Store used to have? I can't actually try for myself cause gamepass isn't officially launched where I live and i have to use cdkeys.
It still seems to use the Windows Store for the downloads. When you click install, it loads the Windows Store in the background and the download appears there (in addition to in the App). I haven't encountered a failed download yet but I did try a few things to see if I could force one, such as restarting my PC while a download was in progress, pausing and restarting the download several times etc. There were no problems with it retaining the download information.

I too have encountered issues in the past with the store which is why I wanted to test it out. It seems to be going ok so far! I've downloaded 10+ games.

KoolAid

Oct 25, 2017
Has to be an special launch deal or something, $5/month would be an amazing deal

Though my computer runs UWP stuff like shit so I doubt i'd get on it anyway

Tmespe

Oct 27, 2017
Has to be an special launch deal or something, $5/month would be an amazing deal

Though my computer runs UWP stuff like shit so I doubt i'd get on it anyway
I got one month now. It said 10 nok (1$) for first month and 40 nok (5$) monthly after that. Consumer laws are pretty strong here, so I think it might be right.

Gamepass games from the new app:

DGpMnd7.png

gagGTTP.png

atdLbS0.png

Q9Bf08Z.png

V8Z9zXq.png

Fbh0yKw.png

A3CzQGD.png

HIZLETb.png

Last edited:

RulkezX

Oct 27, 2017
Anyone got a link to the new app?

Subbed for a month, £3.99 in the UK but I already had GP on Xbox so wasn't a new customer.

Tmespe

Oct 27, 2017
Anyone got a link to the new app?

Subbed for a month, £3.99 in the UK but I already had GP on Xbox so wasn't a new customer.
You can get it yourself right now if you really want. Just a heads up start up time is slow, but the app itself seems fine on my end afterwards. https://twitter.com/ALumia_Italia/status/1137627257852309504
Got it from here.

I'm also seeing Metro Exodus and Vampyr as included, although they're not showing in the "all games" list.

JetBazooka

Banned
Jan 25, 2018
Does this mean I can play every xbox game without ever owning an xbox? So essentially I could just stick with ps5, nintendo, and pc as my only hardware expenses next gen?

DopeyFish

Oct 25, 2017
Does this mean I can play every xbox game without ever owning an xbox? So essentially I could just stick with ps5, nintendo, and pc as my only hardware expenses next gen?

Unknown yet

The guaranteed all first party games for game pass but the PC side isn't as guaranteed

If they make that commitment, though, then yes.

Deleted member 49611

Nov 14, 2018
sorry if this is the wrong place. i just downloaded the app on PC but i can't access the store and apparently i have been suspended? i haven't owned an Xbox since...pfft i don't even know. 2016 maybe. The only games I play on my PC that are Xbox would be Forza 7 + Horizon 4. I checked my account but it says says i'm clean and good. anyone else have this issue?

SWCSQ3M.jpg

Dio

Oct 25, 2017
is Vampyr known for having wonky performance, or it's a problem with the version provided with the pass/store? usage of neither my cpu or gpu are that high, but fps is all over the place.

Oct 25, 2017
sorry if this is the wrong place. i just downloaded the app on PC but i can't access the store and apparently i have been suspended? i haven't owned an Xbox since...pfft i don't even know. 2016 maybe. The only games I play on my PC that are Xbox would be Forza 7 + Horizon 4. I checked my account but it says says i'm clean and good. anyone else have this issue?

SWCSQ3M.jpg

Yeah, changing my network adapter dns settings to thr Google dns settings fixed it.

8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4 iirc?