• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

DukeBlueBall

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Seattle, WA
The absurd claim that the Series S's only compromise is resolution continues to be untrue.

With that line of reasoning, PS5 is compromised since none these titles run at 120hz on the PS5.

It's clearly software limitations in FPS boost, as the system is not being fully utilized by the hacks involved. All of these titles can be in 120hz on S if a native patch is added.

Last edited:

arsene_P5

Prophet of Regret
Apr 17, 2020
It's the best FPS single player campaign of the generation
Recently played it again and it's really good. Love the time swap function of a certain level and it's really an early glimpse on what next gen will be able to do on a much greater scale. I can't recommend this TF2 campaign enough.

gabegabe

Jul 5, 2018
Brazil
Seeing the Series S being excluded of 120fps on some games makes me worried, but still FPS boost is an amazing feature. Xbox is really killing it with their BC team.

Edge

A King's Landing
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Celle, Germany
Interested to know how Titanfall 2 will deal with the super sampling now, as the 1X version was 6K in parts I believe?

Wonder if there is any 6K120 sections?

99% it will be the base Xbox One version with zero enhancements and then 120fps.

That's how Fallout 4 and 76 did it. 76 makes this very clear with reduced LOD and draw distance.

ShapeGSX

Nov 13, 2017
I'm amazed at how quickly they're doing this with large sets of games. It really gives me hope that this feature will be coming to a lot of games.

vixolus

Prophet of Truth
Sep 22, 2020
Seeing the Series S being excluded of 120fps on some games makes me worried, but still FPS boost is an amazing feature. Xbox is really killing it with their BC team.
It's still backwards compatibility with essentially a hack in place to make it run higher. Games won't run as well as native development.

nillapuddin

Oct 25, 2017
Only people with an agenda can look at a list of 25 games that just had their framerates doubled and get mad when the Series S is excluded on 5 of them

JigglesBunny

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
No Dead Space enhancements yet

tenor.gif
AnguishedComplicatedBustard-size_restricted.gif

We'll get through this together.

Sep 29, 2019
I'm a bit confused. In that little spreadsheet, does the games that have -- on the Series S category means they're not getting a 60hz bump/120hz bump? Or does it only mean that they do run in 60hz but not in 120hz?

arsene_P5

Prophet of Regret
Apr 17, 2020
I'm a bit confused. In that little spreadsheet, does the games that have -- on the Series S category means they're not getting a 60hz bump/120hz bump? Or does it only mean that they do run in 60hz but not in 120hz?
Battlefield for example always run at 60FPS on Xbox One, thus those run with 60FPS on Series S, too. Can't speak for every game.

a.wd

Oct 26, 2017
UK
My LG Purchase continues to pay off! Off to get the ol box updated and injecting TF2 into my FUCKING EYES!

Equanimity

Oct 27, 2017
London
If only they would increase the resolution for Mirrors Edge Catalyst. It's stuck at 720p on Xbox.

Are they able to double the frame-rate for 360 games? The Dead Space trilogy would be perfect.

elenarie

Game Developer
Verified
Jun 10, 2018
What res do BF1 and BF5 run at on Series X?

Without the fps boost they should be 4K. Should (tm). I haven't personally checked, though, so I may be wrong.
It has been a while, so I cannot remember what the upper limit we set for the DRS was. May have been 1080p on the S profile and 2160p on the X profile.

Sep 29, 2019

Wesker

Aug 3, 2020
Aww yes!
I am so trying Battlefield V and other games with 120 Hz ASAP.

Thank you, Microsoft, thank you!

Aleman

Dec 20, 2018
Just as I was getting back into Titanfall 2 and BFV... this is great!

disclosure: I work at Microsoft but not on Xbox. Thanks Xbox team!