• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Gestault

Oct 26, 2017
Nah, not new. I couldn't get in with my gamer tag when it first started. I had logged in under my email then they did the reset and i got kicked out then forced my GT through.

They cancelled the trivia because the app platform behind the scenes crashed, which is why the trivia link routes to YFBIL now (which is not an active session, hence the "does not have access to join" error message, because there's no directory of valid users).

Droidian

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Dec 28, 2017
I'm checking out the Microsoft store to see how I can spend the $5 we all won already. Here are a few standouts...

Fallout 3 $4.49
Fallout: New Vegas $4.49
Skate 3 $4.99
Titanfall 2: Ultimate Edition $4.99
Far Cry Classic $2.99
Fight Night Champion $4.99
Ori & the Blind Forest: Definitive Edition $4.99
Need for Speed Payback $4.99

I could always get the Ori DE since I never upgraded to it.

elzeus

Oct 30, 2017
Honestly, just put all 4000 of us in one room, give us fluffy pillows and let us whale away till the last person is standing.
giphy.gif

ReverseFate

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
They had an expectation of having 25k people to participate, there were only around 4k people that actually showed up, and yet the game still crashed continuously after each round. Great job!

RadioJoNES

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Keeping the page loaded on my phone. You never know if they might push the winning question

Heretic

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
They cancelled the trivia because the app platform behind the scenes crashed, which is why the trivia link routes to YFBIL now (which is not an active session, hence the "does not have access to join" error message, because there's no directory of valid users).
I'm sure you're right but I was getting that error message from the beginning. Heck, I'm still logged in and just refreshed the page.

Droidian

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Dec 28, 2017
Its all a part of the plan if you read the email invite.

Each round will contain 7 questions that must be answered correctly and answered fast. Thousands will be eliminated after a stage is complete. Only the fans with the highest accuracy and speed will move on to face harder questions. But, even if you're out of contention for the grand prize, it would be wise to stick around and play along with fellow fans. You just never know when exclusive perks or surprise appearances might happen.

dodo667418

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 28, 2017
I feel like I'm too deep into this to go back to sleep now. It could still continue any time now, right? Who am I kidding, but still, there's a tiny sliver of hope left lmao.

big_z

Nov 2, 2017
going to stick it out. microsoft has given out stuff for watching presentations in full.

RadioJoNES

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
If I win the Series X, I will cut it up into 3700 pieces and divide amongst the people

taco543

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Fresno CA
think the trivia is cancelled

• Xbox Mod 3 7:37 PMHey Fanfest Community! We deeply apologize for all the technical issues. Please continue to enjoy our livestream and submit your questions on the site for all our special guests. The show will go on! Enjoy the rest of the event!

Scottoest

Feb 4, 2020
The phil spencer segment is going to be a pre-recording of him just saying thanks for showing up isnt it

I think it'd be funny if he showed up on screen like the theatre scene at the end of Inglourious Basterds, and said "that's what you get for not pre-ordering my console. enjoy what's left of your evening." and then flipped everyone the bird.

Eh, Its a semi private event. I don't think the impact of this fuckup is that powerful.

Yeah, I think the fact that it was a limited event might be what saves this from being more embarrassing for them, lol.

Perzeval

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Sweden
What chat?

Edit: new to this and have no clue what's happening, lol. Links or whatever would be appreciated.

rpm

Into the Woods
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Parts Unknown
I'm a REAL Xbox fan sticking in until the end, when Big Phil announces that he's sending everyone a signed copy of Brute Force

Gestault

Oct 26, 2017
Sending official updates/info via chat that they expected to have between 5-25K people in, without the ability to pin that message, isn't a smart solution. They're trying to get around it by spamming their own message over-and-over (even with just the 3K people), and it's clearly ineffective.

Kid Night

Oct 27, 2017
Just In:

XBOX SUPPORT: Every one who participated in the FanFest event will receive a 50" Craig plush.

bsigg

Oct 25, 2017
I feel bad for the hosts. They've been handling everything breaking pretty well though.