• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

bob100

Oct 29, 2017
Hi All,

Over the past few months i've noticed that the Xbox Social Media and Xbox Execs are very insincere and taking shots at rivals. I'm not sure i've seen Nintendo or Sony act like this.

Xbox social media pages always act like the "Good Guy" - for example when Playstation are to do a presentation or announcement as per the PS5 Reveal and price reveal wishing them good luck and wishing them all the best.

However I've noticed a lot on social media that the execs in particular Aaron Greenberg, and social media at any oppportunity provide digs to Playstation just adding to the toxic gaming culture. Below are just a few of the many i've seen where Aaron Greenberg has either liked toxic console warring tweets or taking digs at Sony.

It just seem strange that someone at his level would act like this?

There are plenty of other examples but this is in the last days. It just really put me off the Xbox brand and comes across as just wrong behavior.

I just see this constantly on social media and it so offputting. What are your thoughts? I'm sure there are plenty more tweets from other affiliated Xbox Execs too.

These are my thoughts anyway

Gamer17

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
The issue is not taking shot at sony. That's competition and its fine. Issue is that they encourage and engage with likes of tim dog and dealer gaming(which have shown signs of toxicity repeatedly). Thats my opinion of course .

Deleted member 5028

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Whats wrong with the second tweet? His job is to market the brand. He is amplifying the voice of his user as marketing?

Oct 25, 2017
This isn't toxic. The gamers are toxic because they don't just leave it as a playful tease. Grown folks act like grown folks, gamerz act like gamerz

Lashley

<<Tag Here>>
Oct 25, 2017
We all forgot the game sharing segment at e3 before the PS4 release, huh/

Nov 8, 2017
The Xbox execs spend an odd amount of time interacting with some very questionable youtubers. (DealerGaming for example) And these channels generally get less that 5K viewers, so why they feel the need to appear on these channels is beyond me.

Dreazy

Oct 25, 2018
Bro he is their Marketing hype guy, when Shu would take all his little pot shots at Xbox everyone loved it lol. Relax

The Xbox execs spend an odd amount of time interacting with some very questionable youtubers. (DealerGaming for example) And these channels generally get less that 5K viewers, so why they feel the need to appear on these channels is beyond me.

Dealer actually might have the biggest Xbox focused podcast in the world, They are definitely not getting 5k views lol

mk_68

Banned
Feb 3, 2020
Prolly cause of the shit they got for saying Xbox Series games with be available cross gen. Also, it's just marketing. This is nothing like what Sony did with this current gen lmao.

The real issue is who they interact with as others have mentioned.

Uzupedro

Banned
May 16, 2020
Rio de Janeiro
Some shots at the competition is fine.

It's just bad when they Interact with shitty console warrior people, and they do It because it doesn't matter for them.
Console Wars is good for these companies lol

Sekiro

Jan 25, 2019
United Kingdom
Yeah holy shit that's guy acts like such a fanboy at times, needs to take some ques from Phil and be humble.

And hasn't he responded to folks like Timdog before on Twitter calling him "fans like you" ?

OP
OP
bob100

bob100

Oct 29, 2017
Whats wrong with the second tweet?

It was after the PS5 preoder where retailers started selling early and people weren't ready

He tweeted that to imply that Playstation weren't transparent, like there is no need to comment if you are an exec and i would never see Playstation or Nintendo execs doing something like this

shodgson8

Aug 22, 2018

EDIT: Damn...ninja'd. I agree that Nintendo don't seem to get involved, but they also don't really respond to much...

Minthara

Freelance Market Director
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Montreal
The issue is not taking shot at sony. That's competition and its fine. Issue is that they encourage and engage with likes of tim dog and dealer gaming(which have shown signs of toxicity repeatedly). Thats my opinion of course .

Jez Corden's absolutely gross defense of Dealer and brushing off his homophobia as "console warring" will always be supremely fucked up.

Selbran

Oct 25, 2017
The amount of shit Microsoft gets on this site is unreal. Sony's been pulling this shit all year with the whole "We believe in generations" thing and "Our aim is to focus on PS5" and now that Microsoft takes digs at them for walking it back you think it's toxic? Really?

Border

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Your examples are pretty vague shade-throwing that doesn't even click unless readers are deeply knowledgeable about current events:

"as a team we try to be as transparent as possible" basically translates to "We aren't going to pretend that a crossgen game is next-gen exclusive [as Sony did with Miles Morales]"

piratethingy

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
We all forgot the game sharing segment at e3 before the PS4 release, huh/

Nope. I hate how on this forum you can just attribute whatever you think people who disagree with you feel and discredit them that way.

The disc sharing video was gross, the how to upgrade your games video was gross, a lot of this is gross. It is unappealing and unnecessary but it scores points with internet people I guess.

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Playful ribbing between companies is fine, but anything further than that and it gets weird.

Cipherr

Oct 26, 2017
This was 7 years ago lol

And? It was fucking hilarious, and it was done by Sony employees. OP is right, this is fine. People just get salty when they are fanboys on the receiving end. Was a LOT of Xbot boys who found that Sony video "unprofessional" back then too, but it was legit sour grapes, thats all.

I still laugh at it. Absolutely legendary.

Anything Microsoft has done so far pales in comparison to this lmao

The honesty is what makes it stick the landing. We were all freaking out about physical games and BAM. Good lord. Top 5 best moments in gaming for sure.

Deleted member 63122

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 16, 2020
Didn´t Jim Ryan motivated the PS fanboys to attack Xbox by saying they believed in generations and lead people to say that Xbox was holding the industry back and then, Sony was doing the same thing? If anything, MS should take more jabs at Sony.

OP
OP
bob100

bob100

Oct 29, 2017
The amount of shit Microsoft gets on this site is unreal. Sony's been pulling this shit all year with the whole "We believe in generations" thing and "Our aim is to focus on PS5" and now that Microsoft takes digs at them for walking it back you think it's toxic? Really?

You need to read Aaron Greenberg tweeting history...it's not just recently but for years.

Believing in generations is something Sony have always done and I don't see how that is toxic? It's a new console generation.

Status
Not open for further replies.