• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

StrangeADT

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Oh, yes, beside all of the entire catalog of amazing shows and movies that both HBO and Disney have, people definitely only subscribed for GoT and Mandalorian.
Where in my post did I say *everyone* subscribed for that reason? I *know* people that have done this. You don't need to be so stupidly difficult here. Hell, here is an article confirming it for GOT: https://www.nbcnews.com/pop-culture/tv/game-thrones-gone-so-are-some-hbo-subscribers-n1007846

Not everyone has your same priorities. I honestly can't believe I have to defend this idea. It's so ridiculously common.

Tohsaka

Nov 17, 2017
For those that think this is such a bad thing, could you please elaborate? I really have no direct experience with episodic gaming, so an having a hard time understanding why potential negatives. It sounds interesting to me on paper....
I like to play one game at a time, from start to finish instead of juggling a bunch of different games at at time like some people. Episodic gaming is the complete opposite way I prefer to play games and sometimes (Half-Life 2, SiN, etc.) the projects never end up getting finished at all or take forever to release (Kentucky Route Zero, etc.)

Deleted member 16908

Oct 27, 2017
Is there any reason at all to believe what this podcast has to say?

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
GamePass is also the reason why $60 games like Gears 5 and Sea of Thieves have free to play styled microtransactions and battle passes. I don't understand how you can see that as a good thing. It's insane how badly they went with the Fortnite styled rotating store and monetization scheme in Gears 5 compared to Gears 4. But then again Phil Spencer even said himself that single player AAA games were dying so what do I know.
SoT doesnt have that

Karateka

Oct 28, 2017
GamePass is also the reason why $60 games like Gears 5 and Sea of Thieves have free to play styled microtransactions and battle passes. I don't understand how you can see that as a good thing. It's insane how badly they went with the Fortnite styled rotating store and monetization scheme in Gears 5 compared to Gears 4. But then again Phil Spencer even said himself that single player AAA games were dying so what do I know.
You can play the games for free and ignore the microtransactions while in other games you have to pay for the games and they still have microtransactions...

GING-SAMA

Banned
Jul 10, 2019
If each episode is consequent I'm in.

I'm okay with FF7R format. Halo infinite also sounds to take that voice.

But like always, wait and see.

Green

Oct 27, 2017
Valve permanently tainted the Episodes concept in video games. Bold are the developers who try it now.

Morrigan

Spear of the Metal Church
Oct 24, 2017
This isn't really a legitimate news source, and since we can't verify or trust the rumour, we're closing the thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.