• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Zomba13

#1 Waluigi Fan! Current Status: Crying
Oct 25, 2017
Just the controller with nothing attached is all they want. My replacement came with a full set of the default attachments so now I have too many!
Pretty sure they only want the controller. I remember reading stories on reddit with the series 1 version where they sent everything and only got back the controller.

You should get clear instructions on what they want after sending in the replacement request.

Ah thanks. I double checked my emails and yeah, it mentioned it in a separate email from the shipping label. I think I missed it the first time. Thanks!

Zomba13

Oct 25, 2017
So I was just looking for vids online for fixes, if the next one has the same problems I think I'll just take it apart and try and fix it, like I've done with the switch pro controller and my DS4. And I saw a fix for the RB/LB double inputs. Just pull the triggers down all the way, it opens up a gap between the bumper and trigger, and then blow (from your mouth, hair dryer, compressed air) for a bit, really blow, and then it seems to have helped.

Not gone away completely but now it's like 10% compared to 50-60% double inputs. So that's something at least! Unless this is just placebo and because I'm TRYING to test it my presses are all uniform and pushing it "mostly" correct.

H.Cornerstone

Oct 27, 2017
So Costco has these in stock, would mainly be using it to play PC games, worth it or are there too many reliability issues with the thing still?

ryan299

Oct 25, 2017
So now my trigger lock is breaking. Jesus

any easy way to open this thing up and check the trigger out?

Last edited:

Zomba13

Oct 25, 2017
OK so I've sent mine back to MS. UPS delivered it to Germany 05/06 and it was signed by Weber. Got proof of delivery and all that from UPS side, I'm confident they've done their job.

On the MS side it still doesn't show it's been received. It's IMPOSSIBLE to chase this up. There are no emails, they won't call me back on any phone number I give when scheduling a call (tried with and without the first 0, selecting the UK +44 as my region code etc).

The best I can do is talk to an Xbox Gamer who just links me to all the things I've already tried.

Is there any way to contact a MS support agent who can check their systems to see if they actually have my return? Because right now it looks like UPS dropped it off and they've just not logged it as received. I understand a delay because of Covid but for it not to be even logged as received in a warehouse or something after a week worries me, especially as it says it'll cancel the repair after 30 days if they don't receive it.

EDIT: Now they are trying to get me to go through the contact stuff AGAIN when I've told them it's not working with multiple phone numbers in multiple browsers.

EDIT2: Eventually chatted with a real human on the chat and they checked after having me upload screenshots of the status page and checked with the hardware team who says they have received it but it's just not updated on the tracker. Hope that's right and something is updated within the next 2 weeks, don't want it to be cancelled by the system because it still thinks they don't have it...

Last edited:

Yari

Oct 25, 2017
OK so I've sent mine back to MS. UPS delivered it to Germany 05/06 and it was signed by Weber. Got proof of delivery and all that from UPS side, I'm confident they've done their job.

On the MS side it still doesn't show it's been received. It's IMPOSSIBLE to chase this up. There are no emails, they won't call me back on any phone number I give when scheduling a call (tried with and without the first 0, selecting the UK +44 as my region code etc).

The best I can do is talk to an Xbox Gamer who just links me to all the things I've already tried.

Is there any way to contact a MS support agent who can check their systems to see if they actually have my return? Because right now it looks like UPS dropped it off and they've just not logged it as received. I understand a delay because of Covid but for it not to be even logged as received in a warehouse or something after a week worries me, especially as it says it'll cancel the repair after 30 days if they don't receive it.

EDIT: Now they are trying to get me to go through the contact stuff AGAIN when I've told them it's not working with multiple phone numbers in multiple browsers.

EDIT2: Eventually chatted with a real human on the chat and they checked after having me upload screenshots of the status page and checked with the hardware team who says they have received it but it's just not updated on the tracker. Hope that's right and something is updated within the next 2 weeks, don't want it to be cancelled by the system because it still thinks they don't have it...
I see you figured it out now but yes, I could only reach chat support (not the "XBox gamer" support) by going through certain countries' support page, like I think only my support page in the Netherlands had a chat link or something. I am not too sure anymore.

Anyway the quality of that support was average at best and they send me in circles. It wasn't until I emailed Phil Spencer and some guy that apparently designed this thing that I was brought into some higher level customer support.

BlueManifest

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Hope they release elite controller for series X soon that uses the low latency feature of the new controllers

was thinking about buying the elite 2 until i saw this

J_ToSaveTheDay

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
USA
Hope they release elite controller for series X soon that uses the low latency feature of the new controllers

was thinking about buying the elite 2 until i saw this

They've said in a few interviews that current controllers can be firmware updated to use the low latency features of the Series X, indicating that an Elite Series 2 purchase should be futureproof.

BlueManifest

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
They've said in a few interviews that current controllers can be firmware updated to use the low latency features of the Series X, indicating that an Elite Series 2 purchase should be futureproof.
What about easy switching from console to phone for streaming?

or the share buttons

isn't the new controller smaller too?

Scarface

Oct 27, 2017
Canada
so are these still a dumspter fire?

I wanted a controller with usb-c I can use on PC. Do any of the current xbox one controllers feature this? Im going to have to get a charging dock for my ds4 arent I? (i have around a dozen micro usb cords in my home that dont work anymore, im done buying them)

Jokerman

May 16, 2020
No issues with mine after my slightly gritty right stick went away through use. Maybe I've just been lucky, but currently it is the single best gaming related item I've bought in ages. Love it.

wild_fire

Oct 27, 2017
Just throwing in my experience. Got the controller day 1 and have had zero issues with it and I've been using it as my main controller on my PC/Xbox/Phone.

Aswitch

Nov 27, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
Starting to get the issues lately. Double RB/LB input and random disconnects from my console mid game(mainly just play Modern Warfare). It seems like a full reboot resolves it(presumably turning instant on off, but I don't want to because I like having my xbox pull updates while turned "off". So yeah actually annoying and a shame for me now. Since i'm OOW i'm SOL. May bite on one that actually works if there's a proven sku or batch that doesn't have the issue, but just a matter of finding where the good ones are(got mine from amazon at release).

Deleted member 12317

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Same here, got it day one and I have no issue at all, I use it every day for a few hours.

On internet you always read more about problems, because people that don't have issue just don't tell it in every topic nor make posts to say it works.
There's always a small percentage of defective hardware, but it's not that high (maybe higher than usual here).

BlueManifest

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Does the elite series 2 have the slightly smaller form factor of the series X controller or is it still the Xbox one size controller

OP
OP
digitalrelic

digitalrelic

Weight Loss Champion 2018: Biggest Change
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Does the elite series 2 have the slightly smaller form factor of the series X controller or is it still the Xbox one size controller
It's still Xbox sized
Dang, I keep trying to convince myself to buy it but I want it to be like the series x controller I hope they release one soon
Same. I hope/wish they release the new form factor early because I'm in need of a new controller or two. It'd be nice for the new controller to be available in Design Lab right away as well.

Deleted member 13645

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I wish there was some way to pair a controller to multiple devices. I love my Elite 2 to the degree that I end up wanting to use it for everything. I have a dongle to use it on PS4, but then having to re-pair it when I use it on Xbox after playing on PC is a minor inconvenience. Best controller i've ever used, it has made me dislike my regular PS4/XBO controllers.

JustinH

Oct 27, 2017
The only real issue I had with mine, was a toggle for the hair-triggers. The right-side one's (as holding) rubber coating just slipped off, and I couldn't easily get it back on. I think I'd have to do some tomfoolery with tweezers to get it back on and getting glue under it would be more tedious, so I just used a pair of pliers to rip off the left-side one too so they matched lol.

They're still functional, just not rounded and smooth like before but are just smaller, sharper toggles now.

EvilBoris

Prophet of Truth - HDTVtest
Verified
Oct 29, 2017
The only real issue I had with mine, was a toggle for the hair-triggers. The right-side one's (as holding) rubber coating just slipped off, and I couldn't easily get it back on. I think I'd have to do some tomfoolery with tweezers to get it back on and getting glue under it would be more tedious, so I just used a pair of pliers to rip off the left-side one too so they matched lol.

They're still functional, just not rounded and smooth like before, just smaller, sharper toggles now.
that's happened to mine too. I don't like it , I can't switch it off with my finger now

BIG-JG

Oct 27, 2017
I just got one from Costco online this weekend. $159 plus if it's faulty I can return it without issue. Series 2010. So far so good with buttons and stick drift. I love the way it feels, had an all day marathon on Sunday and it was awesome the entire time. However I'm really struggling with the underneath trigger buttons as in I'm not used to them at all. Maybe I'll just add one at a time to slowly get used to them. Over all I'm very happy with it.

Oct 25, 2017
I just got one from Costco online this weekend. $159 plus if it's faulty I can return it without issue. Series 2010. So far so good with buttons and stick drift. I love the way it feels, had an all day marathon on Sunday and it was awesome the entire time. However I'm really struggling with the underneath trigger buttons as in I'm not used to them at all. Maybe I'll just add one at a time to slowly get used to them. Over all I'm very happy with it.
Yeah I feel like it's better to start with the smaller two and move on to all 4 when you're really used it to it.

I love them in FPS and -weirdly- rpgs/menus. there's something satisfying about being able to press a to speed through menus on the back on the controller

Jedi79

Oct 27, 2017
Had my RB button start to double click on me... super annoying, had to remap it to one of the paddles

WBacon

Capcom USA
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
California
I wish there was some way to pair a controller to multiple devices. I love my Elite 2 to the degree that I end up wanting to use it for everything. I have a dongle to use it on PS4, but then having to re-pair it when I use it on Xbox after playing on PC is a minor inconvenience. Best controller i've ever used, it has made me dislike my regular PS4/XBO controllers.

I had the same "issue" since Series 1, so I ended up buying two controllers this go around. One for the PC, and the other for Xbox.

Of the two controllers that I originally purchased in November of last year, first one started to exhibit this annoying creaky sound when pulling the right trigger with trigger stop engaged. Had it replaced under warranty and it'd been ace since.

The other controller has been perfect and feels the same as I remember from Day 1.

That being said, regardless of where you purchase the controller from, I cannot recommend enough getting the optional $20 three-year warranty from Microsoft Store. It's less than $7 a year for a very lenient service/exchange program that doesn't cost a dime more as they also cover shipping.

If you are not purchasing the controller directly from the Microsoft Store, call the customer service at MS Store with your product serial number and purchase date info (they may ask for a proof of purchase, i.e., receipt) within one month of the original purchase date and they should authorize the $20 warranty sale.

While it's absurd that you need to consider insurance on top of a $180 USD controller, it does provide a nice peace of mind for the next three years.

Baked Pigeon

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Phoenix
I ordered my Elite Series 2 from Amazon back on May 5th. The expected shipping date was June 15th. I got a notification on June 11th that the package was shipped and awaiting UPS to deliver it today. After contacting UPS today, they told me that they have not yet taken possession of the package. After calling Amazon, they told me that on Friday I could choose to either receive a refund or have another one shipped. The kicker? They are unavailable. How does Amazon expect me to be okay about giving them almost $200, waiting a month and a half, and get absolutely nothing in the very end. What a garbage company. I just felt like venting my frustrations. I've had this controller before and know it's wonders, but took it back in January because of an unresponsive button. I never imagined this controller would be so hard to get again. It's been sold out everywhere because of corona.

Alric

Oct 27, 2017
So just like my original elite controller before it, the series 2 is now having issues with the rb button. It doesn't seem like amazon sells parts for the elite 2 and while I have tried compressed air and contact cleaner it still half the time doesn't detect when I press rb or it double presses it. I have never dropped it and I'm not rough at all but between the elite controller and joycon I've had the worst luck. My warranty expired in February, so does anyone have any tips or idea on how to fix this issue? Will I need to find tools to take it apart, doe they have parts, or do I basically have to pay and send it back to microsoft?

Poshi

Oct 28, 2017
Sweden
For people who tried both elite controllers... What are (according to you) some of the best NEW features of the second controller?

Im thinking of buying V2, but it´s hard to motivate the wallet when my V1 lost the rubber after six months of active gaming, and i´m reading about your frustrations in this thread.

What makes V2 better?

Deleted member 12317

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
For people who tried both elite controllers... What are (according to you) some of the best NEW features of the second controller?

Im thinking of buying V2, but it´s hard to motivate the wallet when my V1 lost the rubber after six months of active gaming, and i´m reading about your frustrations in this thread.

What makes V2 better?
I have both, what I like more about the V2 is :
- stick tension, set to maximum it's way better than the V1 nor any Xbox One controller, it feels more like the sticks of the Xbox 360 (harder)
- shorter triggers, very useful in shooters
- short trigger goes from 0 to 100%, no need to create profiles to remap the range like on the V1 (on the V1 if you use short trigger it goes from 0 to 70% or so, so in some games it can be a problem then you need to make a profile with shorter trigger range)
- dock charger, just put the controller on it to charge, very long battery life
- better grip, better overall feel

BlueManifest

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
If the regular Xbox controller doesn't have issues why does the elite when it's made by the same people that make the regular controller? Makes no sense

wild_fire

Oct 27, 2017
I have both, what I like more about the V2 is :
- stick tension, set to maximum it's way better than the V1 nor any Xbox One controller, it feels more like the sticks of the Xbox 360 (harder)
- shorter triggers, very useful in shooters
- short trigger goes from 0 to 100%, no need to create profiles to remap the range like on the V1 (on the V1 if you use short trigger it goes from 0 to 70% or so, so in some games it can be a problem then you need to make a profile with shorter trigger range)
- dock charger, just put the controller on it to charge, very long battery life
- better grip, better overall feel

Don't own a Elite 1, but one of my favorite parts of the Elite 2 is the adjustable stick tension. So nice when I go looser while playing a racing game, and then being able to tighten it down for a fighting game or something...

RF Switch

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
**BUY THE INSURANCE**
Sorry for yelling but I can't stress enough how much this controller is falling apart on me it's another issue every other week since launch. The controller is amazing design wise and I can't go back, but it just has so many hardware flaws and I don't know if they fixed anything since launch.

Dokkaebi G0SU

Nov 2, 2017
**BUY THE INSURANCE**
Sorry for yelling but I can't stress enough how much this controller is falling apart on me it's another issue every other week since launch. The controller is amazing design wise and I can't go back, but it just has so many hardware flaws and I don't know if they fixed anything since launch.
:(( i loved my v1 elite

now i guess ill wait for the inevitable v3

RF Switch

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
I'm guessing a v3 would be a Xbox Series X controller at this point.
i am too accustomed to the back shoulder buttons now. It sucks because I'll get a new controller with my XSX purchase but I'll still want to play with this junker of a an elite 2 I have. I honestly still can't believe Microsoft hasn't done anything for launch buyers. Even with the warranty I don't think I can even recommend it to anyone until someone shows that the flaws were fixed. My new issue is the battery life seems to have drastically dropped which is to be expected since I've used it allot since launch but it just shows how much better using double A batteries is. So I pretty much use my Elite 2 as a wired controller, it has two sharp pins sticking out in the back because the trigger slides fell off, slight stick drift and my rb button works sometimes. What am I doing with my life?

Jay1V

Oct 28, 2017
I'll be using a v1 until the v3 comes out in a couple years. I really liked the v2 but it had way too many issues for a $180 controller. Question is whether or not the v3 will have problems out of the gate since MS quality control is terrible when it comes to these controllers

Scarf

Oct 27, 2017
If the regular Xbox controller doesn't have issues why does the elite when it's made by the same people that make the regular controller? Makes no sense

I recently bought a Phantom Magenta Limited Edition controller (which is a better controller than Elite v2 btw, the shoulder buttons are not overly stiff to press, there's no wiggle room on the sticks, the triggers are silky smooth, texture is better because unlike with v2, my hands don't sweat like crazy - the only thing I miss is the back paddles and better button remapping) and the first controller had crazy stick drift and the second has an unresponsive Y button.

Microsoft's quality control is just abysmal.

Jan 16, 2019
I'll be using a v1 until the v3 comes out in a couple years. I really liked the v2 but it had way too many issues for a $180 controller. Question is whether or not the v3 will have problems out of the gate since MS quality control is terrible when it comes to these controllers

Im using my v1 until it dies, I've been so lucky. No stick drift, rubber on the back has had no issues.
Is there anyway to buy first party thumb stick replacements though? They're starting to get a bit bald lol. I bought 3rd party ones on eBay and they don't feel the same.

Scarf

Oct 27, 2017
Im using my v1 until it dies, I've been so lucky. No stick drift, rubber on the back has had no issues.
Is there anyway to buy first party thumb stick replacements though? They're starting to get a bit bald lol. I bought 3rd party ones on eBay and they don't feel the same.

Get Kontrolfreeks. They are way better than the OG sticks and you can buy a new pair once they worn out. Galaxy is my favorite pair.

It takes awhile before your muscle menory clicks with them but you're never going back once it happens.

Last edited:

Moebius

Oct 28, 2017
I liked this controller but had issues from day 1. It sounds like for some reason the quality control on this is bad even though it's super expensive. I won't be purchasing it again.

jasius

Oct 28, 2017
i am too accustomed to the back shoulder buttons now. It sucks because I'll get a new controller with my XSX purchase but I'll still want to play with this junker of a an elite 2 I have. I honestly still can't believe Microsoft hasn't done anything for launch buyers. Even with the warranty I don't think I can even recommend it to anyone until someone shows that the flaws were fixed. My new issue is the battery life seems to have drastically dropped which is to be expected since I've used it allot since launch but it just shows how much better using double A batteries is. So I pretty much use my Elite 2 as a wired controller, it has two sharp pins sticking out in the back because the trigger slides fell off, slight stick drift and my rb button works sometimes. What am I doing with my life?

I'm sorry to hear you're having so many issues with the v2, I have a v1 and I've put it through hell(played God of War PS4 with the amazing X ONE adapter) and it's still working perfectly.

RF Switch

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
I'm sorry to hear you're having so many issues with the v2, I have a v1 and I've put it through hell(played God of War PS4 with the amazing X ONE adapter) and it's still working perfectly.
I am a gluten for punishment as I also went through hell with the v1. The problem was Microsoft was amazing with support for that controller which gave me confidence in trusting with v2. The change in support is unbelievable maybe it's Covid related but it's the worst customer service I've ever received. I was told it's my fault because I waited too long which was around day 103 of the 90 day warranty. I was also told that with Xbox I could remap buttons to fix any issue that is related to that. I also can't forget that they said the issues are known to Microsoft but it's my responsibility to make sure I find all issues before 90 days.

Ody1977

Oct 25, 2017
Do Microsoft offer refunds on the Elite Series 2? We are currently on our 4th replacement and now that has developed a dodgy RB button (doesn't register button press sometimes). Cant be bothered to get another sub standard replacement and play controller russian roulette anymore. Unresponsive ABXY buttons... On the previous 3.