• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Falus

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Well. Mine keep disconnecting randomly. And where I could take of battery / put back on elite 1/ normal controller. This one is impossible. I was idle waiting to die for 120sec in call of duty. Damn

Resident Guru

Oct 28, 2017
My first Elite 2 had the A button issue. I used it for a few weeks to see if it would break in and it never did. I returned it and thankfully my replacement controller has been perfect.

Fool

Banned
May 2, 2018
I've had no issues whatsoever. For the ones on the fence about buying one, I'd say go for it.

Observable

Oct 27, 2017
With that kind of luck I'd agree with the store. It's a fantastic controller that I've personally had zero problems with... but it's not worth that much time and hassle
Yeah but they didn't know it was my 8th, it was the 3rd different retailer I bought an Elite at. They seemed completely informed about the controllers' issues though.

Oct 27, 2017
Disappointing hearing about the quality issues. I had problems with the first version and was hoping v2 would be better. Pretty crazy they dropped the ball on this

Spasm

Nov 16, 2017
For anyone using this on PlayStation 4 with a Brook adapter, what's the solution for chat audio since the headset port on the controller doesn't work? I can't pair my generic Bluetooth headphones. Would a USB headset connected directly to the console work?

ValeYard

Oct 25, 2017
For anyone using this on PlayStation 4 with a Brook adapter, what's the solution for chat audio since the headset port on the controller doesn't work? I can't pair my generic Bluetooth headphones. Would a USB headset connected directly to the console work?

On my elite V1 I just used a headset directly connected to the ps4, USB or dongle like the Golds. Until I got the Xone that is, it that doesn't work with V2.

Spasm

Nov 16, 2017
On my elite V1 I just used a headset directly connected to the ps4, USB or dongle like the Golds. Until I got the Xone that is, it that doesn't work with V2.
Cool! I'm looking at a couple of cheap 3.5mm to USB adapters on Amazon that mention working on PS4 that should be exactly what I'm looking for. Thanks!

Erdtree

Oct 25, 2017
Just got a v2 and sometimes when I press the A button I'm sure it's not registering .
Is this a thing

Deleted member 1238

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Just got a v2 and sometimes when I press the A button I'm sure it's not registering .
Is this a thing
Yes. It's a pretty common* problem. I'd return your controller.

*we obviously don't know the percent of defective units, but for those of us who have had problems (quite a few here) it's a pretty common issue.

esco

Nov 15, 2017
Seems like they're sold out everywhere hopefully they come back in stock soon.

OG_Thrills

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
My original Elite, White revision and now the Elite 2 are controllers I've never had problems with. It's weird to see you guys going through it. Sorry to hear about the faults.

Deleted member 10908

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Just got mine yesterday! Didnt need one since i have the series 1 but someone was selling the series 2 brand new on offerup for $100 so I got it! I love the tight sticks

Baked Pigeon

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Phoenix
Is there a way to download or share controller configurations with the community?

I'd love to be able to try out different control schemes that people are using.

Halo

Banned
Dec 5, 2019
Hi All, I'm just a few days short of the 30-day return period at GameStop. Going that route due to a week responsive A button. Not terrible but certainly noticeable. The main problem is....these controllers are back ordered for a potentially long time. It's tIme to bite the bullet vs. going through a warrantee/replacement process. Love the controller otherwise. So much better than V1. Best of luck to all.....

Viken

Teyvat Traveler
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I think my controller is doing double inputs sometimes when pressing A.

OG_Thrills

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
So I'm kinda apprehensive about posting this and asking for help but for some reason, I can't get my paddles to work. My current config...

91Ndviw.png

But for some reason I can't get the paddles to work as they should. They just revert to the standard config and not custom. Any advice?

EvilBoris

Prophet of Truth - HDTVtest
Verified
Oct 29, 2017
So I'm kinda apprehensive about posting this and asking for help but for some reason, I can't get my paddles to work. My current config...

91Ndviw.png

But for some reason I can't get the paddles to work as they should. They just revert to the standard config and not custom. Any advice?

Have you mapped your setup to one of the available slots? I think you do that on the screen before this

OG_Thrills

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Have you mapped your setup to one of the available slots? I think you do that on the screen before this

All mapped to slot 1.

I have the sticks and vibration mapped out but the paddles are always default. I've tested them within the app and they work perfectly but they refuse to config. I know it's user error but I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong.

Jacobson

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Series 2 is too expensive for my tastes. I can get a discounted 1tb PS4 bundle for that price here in my country. I wanted to buy a cheap, used, Series 1 but I can't find any.

RedlineRonin

Oct 30, 2017
Minneapolis
Hi - dumb question... Can you not use the charging cradle unless you have paddles installed on the back? I can see exactly how the pins should line up but it seems like there's no "catch" to hold it in place on the charger unless I'd install the paddles.

ryan299

Oct 25, 2017
Series 1 will work on scarlet right? Want to give mine to my buddy now that I have the s2

JustinH

Oct 27, 2017
Series 1 will work on scarlet right? Want to give mine to my buddy now that I have the s2
From what I know, all Xbox One controllers will work with Scarlett. That's great, especially for those who got personalized "Design Labs" and those using truly awesome Xbox Adaptive Controller.
I could be wrong, but I don't think I am...

OP
OP
digitalrelic

digitalrelic

Weight Loss Champion 2018: Biggest Change
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
From what I know, all Xbox One controllers will work with Scarlett. That's great, especially for those who got personalized "Design Labs" and those using truly awesome Xbox Adaptive Controller.
I could be wrong, but I don't think I am...
You're correct. MS has said on several I occasions that all Xbox One controllers are compatible with Scarlett.

esco

Nov 15, 2017
Received my controller today everything seems fine except for this white mark on the right side rubber grip?

Would I be petty if I tried to get it exchanged for a different one? It's only cosmetic but for $200...

Halo

Banned
Dec 5, 2019
Same here...appears as if the controller arrived dirty or used.

It was initially offsetting but a quick wipe cleared the concern.

In no way do I want to offset the controller as the best of the best and I'll stick with it.

I just don't want any variables past the simple in-store return date (just like everything else).

Cant wait to playing the V2 for many years to come.

x.f

Nov 1, 2017
I got my controller from the Taco Bell promotion a few weeks ago, lot #1934 on the box. Been playing CoD MW on PC with it via Bluetooth and I'm getting disconnects every few minutes with it and massive game stuttering happening during the disconnect. I'm not sure what my options are other than waiting for a firmware update or give MS their blood money for their proprietary wireless adapter :-/

WBacon

Capcom USA
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
California
I'm not sure what my options are other than waiting for a firmware update or give MS their blood money for their proprietary wireless adapter :-/

Though I never used BT connectivity, it does suck that it's unreliable at best. Hopefully a firmware update in the future fixes this.

On the other hand, their proprietary WiFi adapter is a very good investment especially for sub $20. I've had the OG version since 2015 and it continues to serve me well today.

OG Model:

nu Slim Model:

Hghlights:
  1. Very reliable connectivity
  2. Longer range than BT
  3. Wirelessly connect up to 8 controllers
  4. Connects with Microsoft-certified Xbox One compatible wireless headsets
  5. Supposedly lower input latency than BT, though I probably can't tell the difference (same proprietary WiFi protocol used on Xbox One)

WBacon

Capcom USA
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
California
Have links on this? I thought it was just the Elite V2 controller.

Google-fu is your friend, but here:

Straight from the horse' mouth:
"So really, the things that you've bought from us, whether the games or the controllers that you're using, we want to make sure those are future compatible with the highest fidelity version of our console, which at that time will obviously be the one we've just launched."

FUNKNOWN iXi

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Google-fu is your friend, but here:

Straight from the horse' mouth:
"So really, the things that you've bought from us, whether the games or the controllers that you're using, we want to make sure those are future compatible with the highest fidelity version of our console, which at that time will obviously be the one we've just launched."
Is this it? Because he had already talked about Elite V2 being compatible with Scarlett at this point, so I thought he was simply referring to those controllers.

Gonna need more, chief. Google-fu is friends with no one.

OP
OP
digitalrelic

digitalrelic

Weight Loss Champion 2018: Biggest Change
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Is this it? Because he had already talked about Elite V2 being compatible with Scarlett at this point, so I thought he was simply referring to those controllers.

Gonna need more, chief. Google-fu is friends with no one.
It's all over the place. Phil Spencer himself directly said it on Twitter, as did one of the Xbox Controller design guys on several occasions. I can't find the tweets at the moment but this will do for now:

https://www.windowscentral.com/will-xbox-elite-controller-series-2-work-xbox-project-scarlett

"All your accessories are compatible moving forward as well. If you go and buy an Elite Wireless Controller or Series Two Controller that will be forward compatible on the Scarlett."

EDIT - Here we go, straight from James Shields, Product/Marketing Manager for Xbox accessories at Microsoft:

Oct 27, 2017
Mine was connecting to bluetooth perfectly until I installed a new graphics card and power supply. Now I can't get it to connect at all.
Pretty damn frustrating

Observable

Oct 27, 2017
I had to switch back to my V1, but I really miss the tighter sticks and clicky back paddles. They made me a lot quicker and precise. Hope they start shipping fixed controllers quickly.

Some of the larger retailers here seem to have stopped selling them, making them unavailable for orders as opposed to just telling they're sold out.

x.f

Nov 1, 2017
How much play/wiggle/"deadzone" is there supposed to be on the analog sticks before you can start to feel tension/resistance? I went from playing on my PC with my Series 2 to playing on my PS4 with a normal DS4, and I noticed that the DS4 sticks feel way tighter and don't have as much "wiggle" before you start to feel tension/resistance on the stick.