• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

ChristianM

Mar 21, 2018
Sweden
Can't believe all the issues I'm reading about in this thread. After the shitty build quilit of the original Elite I just assumed they'd get it right this time. And it turns out that it's even worse... It costs almost 200 dollars ffs.

Deleted member 12317

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Can't believe all the issues I'm reading about in this thread. After the shitty build quilit of the original Elite I just assumed they'd get it right this time. And it turns out that it's even worse... It costs almost 200 dollars ffs.
On internet you always read more about issues than people not having issues. But it does not mean that there's a ton of issues.

I got it day one and have no issue at all, and I'm not alone in that case.
I also got the Elite V1 and never got a single issue with it, and I used it almost everyday.

If there's an issue, just return it to get a new one, it's your right to do so.

ChristianM

Mar 21, 2018
Sweden
If there's an issue, just return it to get a new one, it's your right to do so.

I have the original. Stick drift on the right stick and a broken bumper (fixed it myself) after the warranty had run out. So now I'm sitting here with a 150 dollar controller which is useless in some games due to the drifting of the right stick. Not going down that route again...

And I'm super careful with my stuff. No issues on other controllers. Only with the most expensive one.

o Tesseract

Oct 28, 2017
It's really annoying because I really want a new controller with paddles. It is hard to go back once you're used to them.
I don't understand what's "annoying"?

There are likely a ton of people using Elite V2 who are having no issues at all. Myself included. As that other person said, you'll ALWAYS hear more negative comments than positive because the people having a good time with it are actually using the damn thing instead of writing about it.

Pigs

Oct 27, 2017
Just a warning to anyone sending in a controller under warranty for repair to make sure and remove all the sticks and paddles.

I sent in my V1 recently because the right vibration motor stopped working. Microsoft sent me a shipping label and I was wondering what I needed to send. I read every email like 30 times and I even contacted MS and asked them to tell me exactly what to send. I didn't know what I was getting in return, was it a new controller? Was it a repaired one? If so what sticks if any were going to be sent back with it?

Eventually I just put everything in the case and sent it all since all the emails and MS response just said to send in the device and once them received it they would send me another.

The controller I got back just had 1 set of sticks and the paddles and the flat d-pad. It was missing the case the cable the d-pad and two sets of sticks. I called support and the guy was rude with me and just told me to go buy the parts on ebay, and it was my fault because I should have read the packing slip which would tell me to only send the controller. I didn't even finish telling him my issue when he told me that.

I told him I have every email and the packing slip up on my computer including my email where I specifically asked what to include in the box and not once does it say to take off all the accessories.

I had him transfer me to his supervisor and she told me it says to only send to controller in the privacy policy on the tiny link on the bottom of the website. I checked and it doesn't say anything like that in there. She said the only thing I can do now is wait 10 business days and see if they show up in the mail, until then she can't help me at all and from the way she was talking I'm sure I'm SOL even after that.

I just don't understand why they don't include any info on what exactly to send in on any of their emails or on their site and why they couldn't have just told me what to send in and what to expect back when I specifically asked.

Chasex

Oct 29, 2017
Yeah so, this controller is shit. Like actual trash. All of my face buttons have issues registering. I was playing Halo MCC this afternoon about ready to throw my xbox out the window because I can't pick up guns, switch weapons, reload, or anything else consistently. The paddles are super loose and seem to register on their own? Also this thing feels like a step back quality wise from the Elite V1. Going to be returning it and possibly buying another V1.

Full Recovery

Needs a sandwich
Oct 26, 2017
USA
I went against my better judgement and bought one today. I've had the v1 for two years and in the last month it developed bad stick drift L and a large dead zone. I read all of the complaints so I put it off for a few weeks. Saw one in store and had to try it.

I guess I lucked out with a good one. After 4 hours of use it has been perfect. V2>V1 the sticks, paddles, battery would buy again. Hopefully it holds up.

Jay1V

Oct 28, 2017
Got a V2 as a present. I thought the chances of it having issues would be slim, but lo and behold, it had sticky A and X buttons. I smeared some rubbing alcohol into the button crevices and that fixed it right up. Overall happy with the V2, everything is a step up from the V1

wild_fire

Oct 27, 2017
Does anyone in the U.S. know how long after buying a controller we have to be able to go to a physical Microsoft Store and get the $20 extended warranty?

I got mine on November 4th, but won't be anywhere near a Microsoft Store until around December 3rd... Was curious if I had exactly 30 days, or if I had a bit more time so I don't have to immediately rush to the store once I land.

EDIT: According to this, it looks like you have 45 days..

WBacon

Capcom USA
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
California
I had a squeaky right trigger whenever I flipped on the hair trigger slider. (detailed here w/video)

Replacement from Microsoft arrived today and so far it's perfect. Will put the controller through its pace over TG break this week. Hopefully it'll hold up.

Meanwhile, the BestBuy unit is starting to exhibit similar issues though not nearly as loud and annoying. It's only audible if the room is quiet and I bring my ear close to it. The first MS Store unit, as you can see in the video, was LOUD and you can feel it grating against something.

Oct 28, 2017
I had a squeaky right trigger whenever I flipped on the hair trigger slider. (detailed here w/video)

Replacement from Microsoft arrived today and so far it's perfect. Will put the controller through its pace over TG break this week. Hopefully it'll hold up.

Meanwhile, the BestBuy unit is starting to exhibit similar issues though not nearly as loud and annoying. It's only audible if the room is quiet and I bring my ear close to it. The first MS Store unit, as you can see in the video, was LOUD and you can feel it grating against something.

Did you send the whole controller in with the box and everything? I contacted support to get a replacement and they didn't have any directions, so I sent everything. I hope they don't just send me the controller...

Simbo

Oct 27, 2017
I've just ordered one of these and getting worried after reading some of the comments on here!

esco

Nov 15, 2017
Anyone have success purchasing from somewhere other than Microsoft and still getting the $20 3 year warranty?

OG_Thrills

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

DaVonnewalkingin.gif

These dudes on PSN / Modern Warfare Are. Not. Ready!

o Tesseract

Oct 28, 2017
Yeah so, this controller is shit. Like actual trash. All of my face buttons have issues registering. I was playing Halo MCC this afternoon about ready to throw my xbox out the window because I can't pick up guns, switch weapons, reload, or anything else consistently. The paddles are super loose and seem to register on their own? Also this thing feels like a step back quality wise from the Elite V1. Going to be returning it and possibly buying another V1.
Have you ever considered that maybe you just got a lemon? Literally none of what you said applies to my controller, and I'm sure a number of owners could say the same. Just get a replacement.

The Living Tribunal

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017

Or maybe the reviews and impressions are correct and that shit you got is defective. Personally i can't imagine going back to a series 1 after having mine for a day.

Chasex

Oct 29, 2017
Have you ever considered that maybe you just got a lemon? Literally none of what you said applies to my controller, and I'm sure a number of owners could say the same. Just get a replacement.

I mean yeah, it's defective... were you under the impression I think that non-functioning face buttons was normal? I posted that when I was frustrated that the nearly $200 I spent on a controller didn't work properly out of the box. Then I get online and the issues are well documented and even MS acknowledged the issues. Both Elite controllers now have been plagued with issues. For a premium product at this price point it should have stricter manufacturing parameters and better quality control. At a certain point it just becomes unacceptable.

Or maybe the reviews and impressions are correct and that shit you got is defective. Personally i can't imagine going back to a series 1 after having mine for a day.

Eh, that's your opinion. If the purchase was worth it to you that's all that matters - no need to justify it to anyone else. Even if mine worked properly I don't think it is worth the money in the end.

Oct 27, 2017
It's hideously expensive, I wouldn't recommend it to anyone who was on the fence about affording one tbh, but I find the controller great. Been playing through Jedi Fallen Order with it and have none of the issues people are reporting in this thread.

bcatwilly

Oct 27, 2017
It's hideously expensive, I wouldn't recommend it to anyone who was on the fence about affording one tbh, but I find the controller great. Been playing through Jedi Fallen Order with it and have none of the issues people are reporting in this thread.

I am working my way through Jedi Fallen Order right now with it too. I have my default button mapping to have my LB and RB mapped to the upper paddles, and it feels really great to parry and use force slow that way for me :)

Rubblatus

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017

I've got a Mayflash Magic-NS that still hasn't been updated to wirelessly recognize the Ev2 so I just want to verify. In regards to the Xbone to Switch dongle from their home page:
  • Accepts FightSticks, wired Xbox 360 or Xbox One gamepads, and wireless Xbox 360 receiver.
  • Ability to hot-swap peripherals without unplugging the device from the console.
  • Also compatible with Windows PC.
Elite v2 wireless connectivity will fly with this thing?

I've become too comfortable to Pokemon with custom controls that flip the X/Y, B/A, and L/R buttons with bikes, speed boost, and the Y-Comm/Menu buttons mapped to the paddles that I just want it to be the default now.

OG_Thrills

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Can someone please explain the "shift" feature on button mapping?

I've got a Mayflash Magic-NS that still hasn't been updated to wirelessly recognize the Ev2 so I just want to verify. In regards to the Xbone to Switch dongle from their home page:

Elite v2 wireless connectivity will fly with this thing?

I've become too comfortable to Pokemon with custom controls that flip the X/Y, B/A, and L/R buttons with bikes, speed boost, and the Y-Comm/Menu buttons mapped to the paddles that I just want it to be the default now.

I'm sorry my dude. I don't quite get the question you're trying to ask. If your asking if the Brook converters now work with the Elite 2, then the answer is yes. If your asking about wireless connectivity via brook I don't think that works but I wouldn't know for certain as I use the Elite V1/2 wired.

Rubblatus

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
You can assign a button to be a shift key which allows all the Shift mappings/settings you've set to become active while you hold it, like the shift key on your keyboard.

Personally I haven't been able to get anything more out of it than using it as a way to change your analog stick sensitivity when you're sniping or when you want to walk up to someone in Smash Ultimate. I can see it having value if you play something where your character can do something like jump into a vehicle or has a mini-game that'd benefit from a secondary mapping temporarily too.

OG_Thrills

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
This controller is absolutely incredible. I literally went from playing a stick and move gun game with the DS4, to an overly aggressive with the E2. Until last night it was a case of who sees who first in MW. But now those same scenarios are gun fights and whoever I'm facing need some skill to beat me.

I'm having an absolute blast with it.

You can assign a button to be a shift key which allows all the Shift mappings/settings you've set to become active while you hold it, like the shift key on your keyboard.

Personally I haven't been able to get anything more out of it than using it as a way to change your analog stick sensitivity when you're sniping or when you want to walk up to someone in Smash Ultimate. I can see it having value if you play something where your character can do something like jump into a vehicle or has a mini-game that'd benefit from a secondary mapping temporarily too.

So I can turn it off without issue? I'm still fine tuning this bad boy but was unfamiliar with what shift was in this context.

Curufinwe

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
DE
I finished up my Pro run of RE4 with the Elite 2, and the left stick is definitely better for aiming than the one of the controller that came with my X1X.

JustinH

Oct 27, 2017
So I think my opinion about the Series 2 changed a little bit...

When I first got it, I immediately put the old paddles from one of my original elite controllers because I liked that they were larger and I was just used to pressing those opposed to the smaller ones on the Series 2. After a while I started playing with the smaller paddles just to "give them a fair shot" I guess and it didn't really take long to get used to them.

After playing with the series 2 a lot since I got it at launch, I randomly decided to use my original elite while playing Borderlands 3 during the free weekend for some reason and I found the way the old paddles compared to the newer ones were almost "uncomfortable." This is an exaggeration, but imagine your grip changing from something that feels like just holding the elite controller with paddles compared to something that feels like you're holding the carrying case as a controller instead (again, an exaggeration, my grip just felt a lot "wider").

I got used to the older controller again after a short while, like no issues right? I just thought it was weird how much my opinion swayed so much about the paddles' size reduction. I'm playing through Borderlands 2 now, and kinda switching between the old and new controllers every now and then. I've always thought they were a good idea for new elite users so they don't accidentally press one, but now I think even I prefer the newer smaller paddles too.

TheMink

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Connecticut
So I think my opinion about the Series 2 changed a little bit...

When I first got it, I immediately put the old paddles from one of my original elite controllers because I liked that they were larger and I was just used to pressing those opposed to the smaller ones on the Series 2. After a while I started playing with the smaller paddles just to "give them a fair shot" I guess and it didn't really take long to get used to them.

After playing with the series 2 a lot since I got it at launch, I randomly decided to use my original elite while playing Borderlands 3 during the free weekend for some reason and I found the way the old paddles compared to the newer ones were almost "uncomfortable." This is an exaggeration, but imagine your grip changing from something that feels like just holding the elite controller with paddles compared to something that feels like you're holding the carrying case as a controller instead (again, an exaggeration, my grip just felt a lot "wider").

I got used to the older controller again after a short while, like no issues right? I just thought it was weird how much my opinion swayed so much about the paddles' size reduction. I'm playing through Borderlands 2 now, and kinda switching between the old and new controllers every now and then. I've always thought they were a good idea for new elite users so they don't accidentally press one, but now I think even I prefer the newer smaller paddles too.
I don't use the paddles on the V1 because I can't grip the controller normally, do you feel like you can grip the controller more with the other paddles?

Pakesaker

Oct 25, 2017
Omaha, NE
My replacement also started having issues with the "A" button sticking occasionally. I'm sending it back. Hope the third time is the charm.

Deleted member 16753

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'm really surprised that there is no gyro/motion sensing in this controller. Once you get used to using motion controls in FPS games on the Switch is so horrible to go back to using just an analog stick

JustinH

Oct 27, 2017
I don't use the paddles on the V1 because I can't grip the controller normally, do you feel like you can grip the controller more with the other paddles?
I really don't know. I don't grip controllers with my fingers that much, I mainly use my palms. It might feel like you can get a better grip because there's more room for your pinky to "grab onto" instead of having to be nearer towards the bottom edge (if that makes sense). Something else that did stick out to me when I moved from the V2 back to the V1 was the smooth touch palm area instead of the grippy palm area on the Series 2. I really like that wrap-around grip and the V1 felt "slippery" in comparison without it.
My replacement also started having issues with the "A" button sticking occasionally. I'm sending it back. Hope the third time is the charm.
I see this mentioned so many times that it just makes me worry so much. I don't have issue with mine (knock on wood), but I got one for someone else and I'm worried he might've gotten a defect. He hasn't had a chance to use it yet though, so I'm really anxious to see whether or not he got a "good one."

Rubblatus

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
So I can turn it off without issue? I'm still fine tuning this bad boy but was unfamiliar with what shift was in this context.
As long as you don't have a shift key mapped to your controller, you won't activate the shift key mappings.

Edit: Oof, I missed the big limitation on ReWASD's 4 Slot switch profile thing. I'm going to need to play around with it and see if it's worth working around.

Last edited:

Terrantino

Oct 27, 2017

I'm sorry my dude. I don't quite get the question you're trying to ask. If your asking if the Brook converters now work with the Elite 2, then the answer is yes. If your asking about wireless connectivity via brook I don't think that works but I wouldn't know for certain as I use the Elite V1/2 wired.
Og, have you tried the adapter on the PS4. How's it working? I just pulled the trigger but i read on Twitter it still doesn't work on the PS4 even after the update.

OG_Thrills

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Og, have you tried the adapter on the PS4. How's it working? I just pulled the trigger but i read on Twitter it still doesn't work on the PS4 even after the update.

The adapter is working flawlessly for me. No lag etc

That said, I've noticed that pulling the controller from PS4, fine tuning, and then reconnecting still needs work. You'll need to turn the controller off completely before reconnecting if it was in use, but that can be sorted in a later update. Other than that it's been pure joy lol

On the standard DS4 and XB1 i play a stick and move gun game. On the Elite, I find myself playing super aggressively.

Governergrimm

Jun 25, 2019
I went against my better judgement and bought one today. I've had the v1 for two years and in the last month it developed bad stick drift L and a large dead zone. I read all of the complaints so I put it off for a few weeks. Saw one in store and had to try it.

I guess I lucked out with a good one. After 4 hours of use it has been perfect. V2>V1 the sticks, paddles, battery would buy again. Hopefully it holds up.
Same for me. Perfection

BraXzy

Chicken Chaser
Oct 25, 2017
Idk if I'm missing something obvious or just have to get used to it but if I forget to turn the controller on before booting up Rocket League it straight up refuses to take notice of the controller and its inputs unless I reboot the game. Really frustrating when I start a match and forget the controller isn't yet ready to go.

Awakened

Oct 27, 2017
Idk if I'm missing something obvious or just have to get used to it but if I forget to turn the controller on before booting up Rocket League it straight up refuses to take notice of the controller and its inputs unless I reboot the game. Really frustrating when I start a match and forget the controller isn't yet ready to go.
That'll happen when a game doesn't support hotplugging, unfortunately.

Observable

Oct 27, 2017
Ok bad news, just had to return my 8th controller after 10 days, with about 3 nights of actual use. The right trigger developed a cracking sound when pressed on the shortest trigger stop, stick drift increased beyond 0.12 on the left stick and 0.09 on the right and the A button didn't respond on every press.

Even the store told me to wait for a revision.

wild_fire

Oct 27, 2017
Ok bad news, just had to return my 8th controller after 10 days, with about 3 nights of actual use. The right trigger developed a cracking sound when pressed on the shortest trigger stop, stick drift increased beyond 0.12 on the left stick and 0.09 on the right and the A button didn't respond on every press.

Even the store told me to wait for a revision.

With that kind of luck I'd agree with the store. It's a fantastic controller that I've personally had zero problems with... but it's not worth that much time and hassle