• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

SRTtoZ

Dec 8, 2017
Ohh that makes sense. For a second I thought you could remove the bumpers easily. I just tested this since I haven't removed the paddles yet and they seem to go right back in place very tightly. Luck of the draw :/

Deleted member 9327

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
After over a week with the series 2 I can't go back to the standard controller. Best controller I've ever used!

my paddles feel a bit loose though. Not much, they just can be waggled a bit. Doesn't affect Gameplay at all. Anyone else? Is this common or was I just unlucky? Everything else is stellar though and feels premium in every respect.

Detective Pidgey

Alt Account
Banned
Jun 4, 2019
This is how the sticks are for me, they are more loose than my white X controller, even after having used the tool. But that's alright, certainly no reason to return it, right?

Can someone with the controller try this for me? I just need to know if it's normal. It's not the sticks that are doing this, but the mechanism it attaches onto. They just feel a bit too loose compared to my other One controllers, that even after heavy use don't feel this loose.

I hate having to return to a store for "small" shit, but if it costs more than 100 I sure as heck will.

WBacon

Capcom USA
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
California
One week in, thoroughly enjoying V2 vs my old elite. I had a few missed A button presses during the first play session, but must have been some wear in issue, because haven't had any problems after that.

I have two V2s arriving this week, one today, and another on Friday, so I'm curious about this issue.

My guess is that the rubberized coating applied to the outer shell crept into the sides where buttons contact. if that's the case, I can see it wear in in no time. That being said, it's a quality control issue and it's something that Microsoft should address during assembly.

Last edited:

SeanMN

Oct 28, 2017
Got my series 2 over the weekend finally! I'm currently playing using the default paddle button layout, and trying to force myself from using the face buttons at all. For now I've settled on the standard thumbstick and resistance on the left, and the 360 thumbstick and resistance on the right. I'm trying out the faceted dpad, not sure if I like it or not yet though. After awhile I plan to experiment further, and start tuning profiles for specific games.

The one thing I'll have to get used to is the weight. It's just a bit heavier than I was expecting.

I'm very excited to get some more time on it though!

Railgun

Oct 27, 2017
Australia
This controller is a joke, returned mine because the A and X buttons were sticking. Got the replacement today and the A and X buttons are still sticking and now with this one as well one of the paddles doesn't click. Going to get a refund tomorrow, so incredibly disappointed but can't say I'm really surprised with Microsoft at this point.

Madmackem

Oct 28, 2017
This controller is a joke, returned mine because the A and X buttons were sticking. Got the replacement today and the A and X buttons are still sticking and now with this one as well one of the paddles doesn't click. Going to get a refund tomorrow, so incredibly disappointed but can't say I'm really surprised with Microsoft at this point.
This and the stick tension issues make me glad I stuck with my fully working white v1 elite.

BOT Zé

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
So I got one of these for free in a contest. I'm scared that it will have issues and that I will have to wait weeks for microsoft to replace it since I don't store warranty..

Grue

Sep 7, 2018
Sorry if already answered; what's the guarantee on this thing?

Was pretty disappointed when I was told my original was no longer under warranty. The left bumper fell off, one of the stick pads had crumbled, and the grips were giving way.

I figured I'd have a long guarantee, if not a lifetime one for the price.

ShapeGSX

Nov 13, 2017
Sorry if already answered; what's the guarantee on this thing?

Was pretty disappointed when I was told my original was no longer under warranty. The left bumper fell off, one of the stick pads had crumbled, and the grips were giving way.

I figured I'd have a long guarantee, if not a lifetime one for the price.

If you buy it through Microsoft, they offer a 3 year warranty which includes accidental damage coverage for just $20.

DomLando

Nov 1, 2017
Did anyone pick one up from Costco? I was just wondering what there return policy was? The rep in live chat told me 90 days but I thought with Costco you had longer.

Detective Pidgey

Alt Account
Banned
Jun 4, 2019
Do you guys let the controller battery drain fully? Like, it turns off and then you charge it? The light on the controller is now orange and on the dashboard it shows half of the white battery bar. I can still use it though.

I assume it's gonna turn red eventually and then it's time to charge it?

Baked Pigeon

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Phoenix
Do you guys let the controller battery drain fully? Like, it turns off and then you charge it? The light on the controller is now orange and on the dashboard it shows half of the white battery bar. I can still use it though.

I assume it's gonna turn red eventually and then it's time to charge it?

I think amber color is low battery. It doesn't matter if you leave your controller always plugged in, or if you completely drain it before recharges. MS says the health of the battery is not effected either way. I personally just charge mine after a few days of use, but the battery is good for 40 hours..

WBacon

Capcom USA
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
California
I received my first unit from Microsoft's online store yesterday with the three year extended warranty ($20 up charge).

I played Destiny 2 on Steam for about five hours with all four paddle shifters on and everything felt great. None of the technical issues some have reported here either. Overall, I am super satisfied with my purchase.

My two year old V1 still looks and feels great, but it'll go to my son as a hand-me-down.

a2c9cc19-382b-436b-byrjli.jpeg

My two year old Elite V1 (left) next to Series 2 (right). V1 held up nicely and still looks and feels good as it did when it was new. But Series 2 is in its own league both from a build quality and 'feel' perspective.

0e2d0618-e984-4e9a-afajcs.jpeg

Close-up of Series 2

Last edited:

BOT Zé

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Anyone here from Europe registered their controller on microsoft support and got 2 years of warranty?
I'm only getting one year and they said it's the normal time.
What can I do?

klier

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Guys, you think the OG Elite controller (and this new one for that matter) is going to be supported on the next Xbox? I have one and don't really feel like buying a new one anytime soon...

Pakesaker

Oct 25, 2017
Omaha, NE
I got my replacement Elite 2 in and all the face buttons work this time. I tested everything in the app and in several games and didn't notice any issues.

Does anybody know what the little light above the profile selector button is? Mine would blink periodically, it was kind of annoying.

BOT Zé

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Does the left rumble has much more noise than the right one? And the left one has a weird vibration...
I think this happens on my normal controller has well.

NowhereFaded

Nov 11, 2017
Ridgefield, Wa
I returned mine ):
Hollidays are coming and I could you that money on gifts for others. I'm weird I guess. I can't completely play a controller costing that much. Very nice controller though.

RingRang

Alt account banned
Banned
Oct 2, 2019
How do you launch a $180 controller in this way? They got away with it on the first edition, and I kind of found it amazing how forgiving some people seemed about that.

I always had this feeling they were basically building regular controllers and just throwing a few premium parts on them here and there and calling it a day. I honestly figured things might be different on the second go around, but I feel so naive right now.
Does the left rumble has much more noise than the right one? And the left one has a weird vibration...
I think this happens on my normal controller has well.
This is actually the biggest reason I'm temped by the Elite 2. I find the audible buzz of the standard controller rumble very annoying at times, and hearing that I could tweak the rumble level on the Elite has be curious, but these reports of so many problems just kill that curiosity.

hikarutilmitt

Dec 16, 2017
Gluing them back down was not an "acceptable" fix whenever I tried that, since you'd get air bubbles and it'll just peel back up in the future anyways. I would always just order replacement side panels (or back panel if when the back rubber comes up) and swap them in.

If it's just the side panels you can also buy the SCUF branded replacements. They're not too bad, but they do feel a bit different. It's usually more expensive than finding replacement side panels, but you won't have to worry about it falling apart though.
UXWuRBo.png

edit: make sure you buy ones that say "Elite" controller on the box. Thumbsticks aren't bad either, actual rubber instead of hard plastic which you'll find on third party thumbsticks. You can buy replacement thumbsticks from Microsoft support though.
This is what I did, since the replacement panels that were "OEM" were becoming prohibitively expensive and the SCUF set was still relatively cheap. I actually kind of prefer the spongey, squiddy grip on them to the default anyway.

Observable

Oct 27, 2017
How do you launch a $180 controller in this way? They got away with it on the first edition, and I kind of found it amazing how forgiving some people seemed about that.

I always had this feeling they were basically building regular controllers and just throwing a few premium parts on them here and there and calling it a day. I honestly figured things might be different on the second go around, but I feel so naive right now.

Honestly this is why I am so disappointed, they really had their talk prepared about how they had learned from V1 and how this one is build from the ground up, and now this.

Luckily I was in the situation where I could keep my V1 and buy this Series 2; someone I know traded in his V1 for now two faulty Series 2..

I still want one though when they fix this and I guess they'll solve most these issues in the coming weeks. I'm assuming these Lot no. are in the format Year/weeknumber and it is now week 45, so units produced this week will be 1945.

I'll buy one from a store when I find one with Lot no. >= 1949. That'd give them a month to have these issues solved in the supply chain.

speedomodel

Oct 27, 2017
So I feel like I am missing something. Controller is very nice, feels good, but....that's it? Is there like a nice video that gives tips on really unlocking the potential? I feel like I'm using a $200 controller exactly the same as my other ones haha.

Chucker

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Maryland
There was a Best Buy package at my door the other night and I didn't order anything. My Destiny 2 clan pitched in and bought me the V2 for my birthday.

Going in raw from not using a V1 at all to straight to the V2 this thing feels like a damned cheat code in my hands with the tension turned up and hair triggers. It's taking a little bit of getting used to but I'm pretty sure I can't go back anymore.

JustinH

Oct 27, 2017
This is what I did, since the replacement panels that were "OEM" were becoming prohibitively expensive and the SCUF set was still relatively cheap. I actually kind of prefer the spongey, squiddy grip on them to the default anyway.
Great! Glad you found something you like and solved your issue in any case. At least with those you wont' have to worry about future problems with the side panels too.
I'm pretty sure I remember having an issue with those with the triggers like "catching" on the inside slightly which was annoying. Seemed like a case-by-case thing though since I remember someone else didn't have that issue.

There was a Best Buy package at my door the other night and I didn't order anything. My Destiny 2 clan pitched in and bought me the V2 for my birthday.

Going in raw from not using a V1 at all to straight to the V2 this thing feels like a damned cheat code in my hands with the tension turned up and hair triggers. It's taking a little bit of getting used to but I'm pretty sure I can't go back anymore.
Damn, that's awesome! Glad you had a great birthday present. Yeah, once you get used to the paddles, it's hard to play certain games without them if you're accustomed to using them for that game.
Happy birthday!

ThatsMyTrunks

Mokuzai Studio
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
San Antonio, TX
I use my V1 with my PS4 using a Brook XOne adapter -- is there any way to use the V2 on it? Would love to be able to use it on all my platforms.

Also hoping that I can connect it to my Pixel 3A when Stadia drops next week.

SRTtoZ

Dec 8, 2017
I finally traded away my baby, the series 1 version. Had it since launch and it was wonderful. Served me well and I got a ton of achievements with that thing. Anyway I traded it in and got a good price from Gamestop with a 30% boost so I got close to $80 for it and it went towards Fallen Order which I'm picking up tonight.

Back to the Series 2 though and it feels so good. I been using it a lot to input codes and I have to say I love the dpad. Its clickier than V1 and its very accurate from what I've seen. No missed inputs or anything. Also, does anyone know if the default stick tightness (middle setting) is the default on the V1 controller? Or is the loosest setting default?

Love this thing, well worth the upgrade. Also, I love the clicky Xbox home button.

JustinH

Oct 27, 2017
From what I remember, they said at E3 after it was revealed at that "talk about it" thing that the loosest setting was "Xbox One equivalent" and the tightest setting was "Xbox 360 equivalent." Middle was, of course, somewhere in between.

I use my V1 with my PS4 using a Brook XOne adapter -- is there any way to use the V2 on it? Would love to be able to use it on all my platforms.

Also hoping that I can connect it to my Pixel 3A when Stadia drops next week.
Brook said they're working on an update (the wired version of course). Also, unlike when trying to use it on PC via Bluetooth, I've hooked it up to my android phone and had no issues with it.

wild_fire

Oct 27, 2017
So from what I understand if I pre-ordered my controller through Microsoft but want to add on the 3 year warranty I still need to do this at a physical store?

I'm going to be in a city that has a Microsoft store next week and figure this will likely be my only opportunity to do this.

Has anyone here gotten the extended 3 year warranty from Microsoft after their controller arrived?