• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

BeI

Dec 9, 2017
It will work on the next Xbox and that next Xbox won't have paddles, I refuse to use controllers with out paddles. I haven't physical pressed L3 in 5 years.

That extends the life of your left thumb stick dramatically I would imagine.

Do we really already know that paddles won't be standard next gen?

SRTtoZ

Dec 8, 2017
I'll tell you this. I never used the paddles until I started playing Crash trilogy and went for the 3000/3000. Man mapping one of the paddles to spring (RT) or slide (b) was a game changer. It was so much easier than platinuming it on PS4 due to this.

digitalrelic

Weight Loss Champion 2018: Biggest Change
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I just preordered this after learning that it will be forward compatible with Scarlett. Can't wait! Nov 4th seems so far away. I wish they would've launched it alongside Modern Warfare.

TaySan

SayTan
Dec 10, 2018
Tulsa, Oklahoma
Pre ordered today. This will be my first "high end" controller. $180 is a lot of money for a controller, but if this will improve my experience over the standard Xbox controller than it's worth the money to me. Treat myself after a rough couple of months.

Last edited:

SRTtoZ

Dec 8, 2017
Pre ordered today. This will be my first "high end" controller. $180 is a lot of money for a controller, but if this will improve my experience over the standard Xbox controller than it's worth the t to me. Treat myself after a rough couple of konths.

I'm not one for expensive peripherals but these things are game changers with all the customization you can do. The fact that you use it to play almost every game makes it worth it. I'd say the same thing about a nice keyboard.

piratethingy

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I have to get it, the original is by far my favorite controller of all time and has served me so faithfully since release. Gonna need that Bluetooth and I'll happily pay their blood money.

TaySan

SayTan
Dec 10, 2018
Tulsa, Oklahoma
I'm not one for expensive peripherals but these things are game changers with all the customization you can do. The fact that you use it to play almost every game makes it worth it. I'd say the same thing about a nice keyboard.
Being able to play this on PC is a huge plus for me and it would be crazy for them to not support Scarlet. Maybe now I will be able to "git gud' lol

dom

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Do we really already know that paddles won't be standard next gen?
Hopefully something similar to the Power A Switch controllers.
81aAXROm2tL._AC_.jpg

WBacon

Capcom USA
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
California
I bought my Elite at launch and about a month ago the rubber on one of my sticks cracked. I got lucky because other than that I've had zero issues.

I use the short knurled sticks exclusively so the grippy bumps do wear off rather frequently like any other Xbox One sticks.

To get relatively inexpensive stick replacements, I buy genuine stick replacements in bulk.

They usually sell six packs @$13-$14 with two of each kind. But if you want all short concave sticks for example, the seller will accommodate by sending a note with the order.

The below seller has been great and the quality was the same as the original ones that came with the controller.

betawaychill

Jun 6, 2018
I have this preordered since my current elite's left bumper is completely fucked and the rubber has fallen off. My current one is a replacement from MS bc of the rubber falling off and stick drift from my previous elite.

I've been wondering if I should even keep the preorder after the headache that came with a $150 controller being faulty after a year and a half.. but at the same time, being able to jump and look around at the same time, or paddle shift in Forza is the best thing ever and I perform worse with a normal controller.

I'm torn :/

Governergrimm

Jun 25, 2019
It will work on the next Xbox and that next Xbox won't have paddles, I refuse to use controllers with out paddles. I haven't physical pressed L3 in 5 years.

That extends the life of your left thumb stick dramatically I would imagine.
I absolutely bought the og elite for this purpose. Now I refuse to use one without paddles

Aswitch

Nov 27, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
Pretty hyped for it after seeing all of the reviews on it so far. The one gripe i can only complain about (OG Elite and Gears 4 LE one) is the occasionally sticky A button. I hope that got resolved with this revision.

Deleted member 22750

Oct 28, 2017
I have this preordered since my current elite's left bumper is completely fucked and the rubber has fallen off. My current one is a replacement from MS bc of the rubber falling off and stick drift from my previous elite.

I've been wondering if I should even keep the preorder after the headache that came with a $150 controller being faulty after a year and a half.. but at the same time, being able to jump and look around at the same time, or paddle shift in Forza is the best thing ever and I perform worse with a normal controller.

I'm torn :/
That internal battery scares me.

if it were not there I would be happy putting my rechargeable battery pack in there.

I think I have to let others use it for a good 6 months before I decide.

TheGhost

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Long Island
Yeah it's weird, it doesn't seem like there's pop or anything within the area(I'd never put any liquid near it). It feels more like a wear and tear thing i believe since I never noticed it until after the warranty expired of course.
I primarily play destiny and A is used for jumped so it's on a paddle, so it's just another button I never really physically press so maybe that's why I never come across that issue.

betawaychill

Jun 6, 2018
That internal battery scares me.

if it were not there I would be happy putting my rechargeable battery pack in there.

I think I have to let others use it for a good 6 months before I decide.
That's what I'm thinking, I might hold off for reviews and for Era to throw impressions out before I pick it up. I didn't even consider the battery as another potential problem.

This new one just looks so damn good I can't commit to cancelling the preorder 😂

Does anyone know if MS stores will have display models?

Deleted member 45460

User requested account closure
Banned
Jun 27, 2018
I just got my shipping notice from Costco! I thought they wouldn't ship it until the 4th like on other pre-orders but it says I'll have it the 4th now, yuuuuuuge and I saved $20.

Spasm

Nov 16, 2017
I just got my shipping notice from Costco! I thought they wouldn't ship it until the 4th like on other pre-orders but it says I'll have it the 4th now, yuuuuuuge and I saved $20.
Me too. If this is like every other Costco order I've had, it should be at my door tomorrow. It's happening!

DeaDPooL_jlp

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Just got into PC gaming and had a bunch of credit for the Microsoft store so went ahead and preordered one for games I'd prefer to use a controller in. Never owned/used a fancy controller like this so looking forward to my first experience.

ryan299

Oct 25, 2017
Microsoft says I'll get mine the 19th. Hoping I get it sooner than that.

got bumped up to the 6th yesterday then a few minutes later it got bumped again to the 4th. No shipping Notice yet.

Last edited:

Acrano

Nov 2, 2017
Germany
I just got my shipping notice from Media Markt, maybe Monday if I´m lucky, if not then tuesday.

I´m exited after the good reviews I read, never owned the first elite, been using Xbox One Controllers for most of my gaming, currently with the Gears of War 5 controller which has some nice rubber on the back.

CollectedDust

Oct 27, 2017
Indiana
Mine showed up this morning. Ordered from Best Buy back when it was announced, and it arrived early. Can't wait to put it to the test later today.

Deleted member 5764

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I really want this, but I'm irrationally worried about the lifespan of that built in battery.

Pretty hyped for it after seeing all of the reviews on it so far. The one gripe i can only complain about (OG Elite and Gears 4 LE one) is the occasionally sticky A button. I hope that got resolved with this revision.

I have that issue on my Gen 1 DesignLab controller too. It's part of why I'd be looking for a new controller. Maybe it's best to wait and see how that pans out then.

RPGam3r

Oct 27, 2017
I love this new one even more than the last one. The grip feels better and being able to toggle off (and between) different modes is a nice additional. MS killing it with these!

Falus

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Strangely amazon sent mine for 140 bucks. I check again my old mail I ordered for 180 and it's as if today 180. Why I pay 140? Can't complain

I hope the connection is better with this one. A lot of disconnect with my other elite

RavFiveFour

Banned
Dec 3, 2018
I'd rather save my money for that price, but alternative controllers to the original packaged controller is exciting.

sangreal

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Strangely amazon sent mine for 140 bucks. I check again my old mail I ordered for 180 and it's as if today 180. Why I pay 140? Can't complain

I hope the connection is better with this one. A lot of disconnect with my other elite

I think they still have a price guarantee where you get the lowest price between order and delivery? Amidst all the eroded benefits I can't remember if that is still one but would explain it

Alderaan

Apr 15, 2018
Got mine yesterday delivered by Best Buy (they normally break street date on my orders it seems). Overall its a nice improvement over my Series 1. The rubber grip on handles is nice. Case is actually nicer than I thought it would be. I never did have issues with either my White or Black S1 Elite controllers in regards to durability so can't comment on how S2 will fair.

Overall I would say its a nice Refinement/Evolution of the S1 and not really a revolution. I would totally be okay if this stays as the main controller for Xbox Scarlet.

Oct 26, 2017
For someone not going to use the extra paddels, is the controller worth it?
I actually think you should consider them. for the odd things. its weird at first, but once you get used to it, it seems natural.

I tied mine to the toggles, interact buttons for shooters.

as for not using them, IM curious to see how the tension tightener on the sticks works.
as I plan on max tension and high sensitivity.

CodeNfX

Oct 31, 2017
I never tried one of these before and I'm very interested especially for Gears 4 and 5 multiplayer. Is Best Buy the way to go with the 2 year warranty?

Khalid030

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I actually think you should consider them. for the odd things. its weird at first, but once you get used to it, it seems natural.

I tied mine to the toggles, interact buttons for shooters.

as for not using them, IM curious to see how the tension tightener on the sticks works.
as I plan on max tension and high sensitivity.
There's really no reason to at least use the bottom 2 long paddles, it's very intuitive. Not having to let go of the right stick which reloading/running/jumping is an absolute godsend.
Thanks guys! I think i'll bite the bullet and teach myself to use the paddles.

Apokalipz

Alt Account
Banned
Nov 1, 2019
Odds this will go on sale on Black Friday?

I want to get this for my bro for Christmas.

Barneystuta

Nov 4, 2017
Thanks guys! I think i'll bite the bullet and teach myself to use the paddles.

If I recall correctly, on the V1, you can disable the face buttons. Thay way you will soon learn to use the paddles.

Jump and crouch are a game changer on paddles. Optional to have reload and/or switch weapon depending on preference.

Khalid030

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
If I recall correctly, on the V1, you can disable the face buttons. Thay way you will soon learn to use the paddles.

Jump and crouch are a game changer on paddles. Optional to have reload and/or switch weapon depending on preference.
Great suggestion! Definitely will try it out, have to use them one way or the other.

Bugalugs214

Banned
Nov 26, 2017
Picked mine up this morning, really love the weight and feel of the buttons, it's a bit slipperyer than I thought it would be.

Status
Not open for further replies.