• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 25, 2017
Really looking forward to this.

Took me awhile to get used to using the paddles on the original Elite, but after I did, cannot go back. I only use all 4 paddles for 1 game (PUBG), but it has upped my game considerably (mostly for leaning left and right). Everything else is 2 paddles.

JustinH

Oct 27, 2017
Out of interest does anyone remember when was the white Elite introduced?
I preordered it on 31AUG2018

It seems it shipped/was released on 16OCT2018. So it'll have been more than a year between releases.

I can't remember when it was first introduced though. There's gotta be some gaming news article about it that I just don't feel like googling (or searching with Bing) for right now (farming XP in Horde mode in Gears 4).

OG_Thrills

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I preordered it on 31AUG2018

It seems it shipped/was released on 16OCT2018. So it'll have been more than a year between releases.

I can't remember when it was first introduced though. There's gotta be some gaming news article about it that I just don't feel like googling (or searching with Bing) for right now (farming XP in Horde mode in Gears 4).

I tried googling it and found nothing definitive so I aint mad at you. Get your farm on!

Lucifonz

Oct 27, 2017
United Kingdom
This is one of those things I really want, but at the same time it seems like a waste of my existing Elite pad to upgrade when it's still serving me well... but I want it.

Calvarok

Oct 26, 2017
This is one of those things I really want, but at the same time it seems like a waste of my existing Elite pad to upgrade when it's still serving me well... but I want it.
it seems to me like i lucked out by buying an elite a few months before finding out this existed. no temptation to spend even bigger!

JustinH

Oct 27, 2017
I tried googling it and found nothing definitive so I aint mad at you. Get your farm on!
For what it's worth, seems like what I said was pretty accurate.
Today (article date: 29AUG2018) we're announcing three new products in white:
The controller will ship to retailers worldwide starting October 16, 2018

Iunno, I've had both the black and white elite controllers each from their launch dates and it just makes me want to have the new one more (I've barely used my white one though)

Lucifonz

Oct 27, 2017
United Kingdom
Have you considered selling your old Elite controller to partially subsidize the new one?

I have! Certainly might do that, but I did have bad stick drift only a few weeks ago which I managed to resolve with some rubbing alcohol and Q-tips. Wouldn't feel too comfy selling a pad that might be on its way out. Had it years now with a hell of a lot of hours of mileage behind it so it'll probably give up one day.

Alric

Oct 27, 2017
I do hope the series 2 is better than the first. I went through 2 of them for m best buy and both broke down on me without much use at all.

JustinH

Oct 27, 2017
Only a month left now till the new Elite comes out. I never got the original, so I'm looking forward to getting series 2.

I really hate having to change the AA batteries in my regular controller. I have EBL rechargeable AAs, but it's still a pain.
I wish it came with like... a play and charge kit instead so I could still use AAs. I vastly prefer the AA option, but I still have one preordered and paid off (two in fact - one's a gift).
I do hope the series 2 is better than the first. I went through 2 of them for m best buy and both broke down on me without much use at all.
Yeah, hopefully they were telling the truth when they said they took complaints about durability to heart, especially the rubber panels on the side.

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I've never had a controller disconnect so much until I got an elite.
The paddles are cool but I still can't figure out why it keeps disconnecting. I've changed batteries. Re synced. People even say your phone next to the console causes issues which I've left in a diff room.

BigHatPaul

May 28, 2019
My absolute favorite part of the Elite controller is the weight. It feels so good to hold. Can't wait to get a Series 2.

MattEnth

Oct 25, 2017
San Francisco, CA
Anyone know what the warranty is on the Series 2?

I was just stunned that my Series 1 had only a 90 day warranty. Buttons started sticking after just 4-5 months :-\

Curufinwe

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
DE
I remember the 360 only had a 90 day warranty at launch. Of course, they were forced to extend that once the RROD started killing millions of consoles.

Internal battery is a no go. It will render this controller obsolete in 1-2 years when the battery inevitably stops holding charge.

My PS4 controller which is five years old still holds a charge.

Dokkaebi G0SU

Nov 2, 2017
i absolutely love my Elite, but the RS drift and wireless connection is getting worse. It's lasted me years. I got it months before the release of halo 5 .. so that means iive used it over 4 years? very good

I want this new one bad...

Oct 25, 2017
Love my Elite Controller and haven't had any issues until just this past week where the rubber sides started to come off. Version 2 cannot come out soon enough!!

Aurongel

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Wish there was an easy way to pair this with a Switch and/or PS4. The price seems steep considering this would be used exclusively on my PC.

nillapuddin

Oct 25, 2017
tenor.gif

Detective Pidgey

Alt Account
Banned
Jun 4, 2019
It having an internal battery, is that a sign of things to come for Scarlett? Hope not, because I love options. I will always prefer rechargeables.

Otakukidd

The cutest v-tuber
Oct 25, 2017
Internal battery is a must for me. Currently use a regular Xbox controller for PC. For some reason, if the batteries get low it will drop the FPS of any game I play down to 5 fps till I take out the batteries and it will keep doing it till I replace them. After looking online its wide spread issue

Ebtesam

Self-Requested Ban
Apr 1, 2018
Internal battery is a must for me. Currently use a regular Xbox controller for PC. For some reason, if the batteries get low it will drop the FPS of any game I play down to 5 fps till I take out the batteries and it will keep doing it till I replace them. After looking online its wide spread issue
and now i know why i have a fps drop So sudden or just before my controller stop working xD

thanks for share it i guess i get this one soon

Otakukidd

The cutest v-tuber
Oct 25, 2017
and now i know why i have a fps drop out of nowhere xD

thanks for share it i guess i get this one soon
It's super annoying. Play borderlands 2 for 35 hours and all of a sudden it becomes unplayable and the controller starts to try and reconnect to bluetooth. It's a super weird problem. Spent like 5 hours trying to work on it with drivers and shit. Got to the pointy computer started to blue screen on boot from Messing with drivers. Was able to fix that. Then the controller wouldn't connect at all due to it saying finally showing the batteries were low. Replaced them and it fixed everything. Super shitty Microsoft makes the controller and the os and there are problems like that. After looking online the problem was a lot more widespread than I thought, has been a problem since they released the Bluetooth version and there are no fixes besides new batteries

Nov 8, 2017
I couldn't in good conscience buy one of these knowing that the next system was so close and that while they would likely be forwards compatible, the new controllers may still have new features like gyro.

It would be kind of awesome if any new features were already secretly baked into these and would get supported down the line with an update, but that's wishful thinking lol.

Ebtesam

Self-Requested Ban
Apr 1, 2018
It's super annoying. Play borderlands 2 for 35 hours and all of a sudden it becomes unplayable and the controller starts to try and reconnect to bluetooth. It's a super weird problem. Spent like 5 hours trying to work on it with drivers and shit. Got to the pointy computer started to blue screen on boot from Messing with drivers. Was able to fix that. Then the controller wouldn't connect at all due to it saying finally showing the batteries were low. Replaced them and it fixed everything. Super shitty Microsoft makes the controller and the os and there are problems like that. After looking online the problem was a lot more widespread than I thought, has been a problem since they released the Bluetooth version and there are no fixes besides new batteries
it's really annoying and always blame my CPU or bugs but i'm glad that i read your post

thank you

Resident Guru

Oct 28, 2017
Can't wait for this. I've had one on preorder since it was first available. This will be my third elite. The series 2 will be my PC controller and the other two will go to my One X's. I'm excited for the internal battery because right now I don't know when my battery is almost drained while I'm playing on PC so this will occur less frequently with the longer playtime of the series 2. USB-C is also a big win for me as my MacBook Pro charger is right next to my recliner where I play so if it gets low I can plug in and continue playing.

Hoo-doo

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The Netherlands
I am 95% convinced the 'internal battery rah rah' response is simply because of the fact that internal battery VS eneloops has always been this big contention point between Xbox and Playstation and people now have to come to grips with the alternative.

Let's face it. High end consumer electronics simply doesn't come with a slot for AA's anymore. The demand for consumer alkaline batteries is lower than it has ever been because everything these days is rechargeable. Swapping physical batteries and compromising your design for bulky AA's is completely outdated as a concept.

And this internal battery lasts for 40+ hours and is likely user-replaceable if you're handy with a small screwdriver. It's a leap forward.

Status
Not open for further replies.