• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

RexNovis

Oct 25, 2017
Unfortunately I think it's a bit more problematic than that - PSO2 has Gacha and Belgium / Netherlands consider those illegal. Strong chance PSO2 may *never* come to Europe because of it I fear.
Oh I was talking specifically about the platform exclusivity. The language seems to leave it open to being a timed window and then coming to other platforms later.

Would EU folks not be able to just download and play a NA client? Seems like that'd be a relatively easy thing to do since many were able to download and play the JP client for years and years.

RexNovis

Oct 25, 2017
What would have been really cool was if they announced "PSO Online 2 in Spring of 2020 but you can play the Xbox Original PSO Episode I & II on your Xbox One right now for free!"
I would have literally gone out an bought an XB1. PSO on Dreamcast is still my favorite game of all time to this very day. Here's hoping this happens at some point or better yet they get a rerelease of some kind if PSO2 does really well. Anything seems possible now!

Feb 13, 2018
Japan

Kaivan

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Finally lol.

It looks like they're going straight to the latest episode, isn't it? I wonder if that's a good decision. Releasing content gradually from the first, or at least the second episode would be a better idea, me thinks.

Teiresias

Oct 27, 2017
I would have literally gone out an bought an XB1. PSO on Dreamcast is still my favorite game of all time to this very day. Here's hoping this happens at some point or better yet they get a rerelease of some kind if PSO2 does really well. Anything seems possible now!

I mean it's pretty easy to play PSO:Blue Burst on PC on a private server if you want.

Having never paid much attention to PSO2 because I couldn't play it, is it more controller or kbm centric?

Dec 23, 2017
3328bq.jpg

Firima

Oct 27, 2017
Phantasy Star Online 2 announced for Xbox before Final Fantasy XIV LOOOOOOOOOOOL step it up Squeenabix

Mr Paptimus

Oct 26, 2017
I'm surprised but even more shocked they're going to be bringing over all the content. I remember all to well the days of pso 1 where na was getting nothing while
Phantasy Star Online 2 announced for Xbox before Final Fantasy XIV LOOOOOOOOOOOL step it up Squeenabix

Hey maybe they'll have the Odin event in game so you can play ff14 while playing pso

TechnicPuppet

Oct 28, 2017
So is port begging ok on Era now?

On topic, I'm excited to try this. Played on Dreamcast but really can't remember it.

MechaJackie

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
I wonder if they are going to block non-NA players...

On topic, I'm excited to try this. Played on Dreamcast but really can't remember it.
It's not port begging to say you wanted this on PS4/Switch/Vita, it has already been ported to PS4/Switch/Vita, it just hasn't been localized and released in the West, and as far as I'm aware localization begging isn't against the rules.

Uthred

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I hope they don't IP lock the US version. It's sort of annoying to start again but at least now it's easier to recommend to people without having to add the caveats about fan patches.

Bayouswampman

Banned
Oct 27, 2018
I wonder if they are going to block non-NA players...

It's not port begging to say you wanted this on PS4/Switch/Vita, it has already been ported to PS4/Switch/Vita, it just hasn't been localized and released in the West, and as far as I'm aware localization begging isn't against the rules.

Switch version might happen eventually if MS and Nintendo are really as buddy buddy as they are rumored to be now. Vita version wont happen cause its dead and PS4 wont happen cause SEGA would have to censor it to fuck and back to appease Sony

ezodagrom

Oct 25, 2017
Portugal
I apologize, I was inaccurate.

To be fair, when I started messing with the story board (which I heard is gone now), one of the first playable cutscenes pitted me with someone who missed me and kept calling me senpai. I must have messed up something after I finalized my character.
The matterboard stuff is gone, yeah. As of ep6, the ep1 through 3 stories have been restructured to be more linear and more accessible.

pikachief

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
I had over 8000 hours in my pc, xbox, and jppc versions combined (4500 on my main character) in PSU. And That game is terrible compared to pso. Im so so hyped!!

MechaJackie

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
Switch version might happen eventually if MS and Nintendo are really as buddy buddy as they are rumored to be now. Vita version wont happen cause its dead and PS4 wont happen cause SEGA would have to censor it to fuck and back to appease Sony
Switch version is streaming only as far as I'm aware, and no Switch streaming game has released outside of Japan so far, so I doubt that's coming out here.
About the Sony censorship, all the outcry about censorship always seemed exaggerated, so if they censor some bits of it for the PS4 it might come out a better version. lol

Shadoken

Oct 25, 2017
I doubt its going to be a download at all, there was a huge ass AZURE logo at the end. AZURE is cloud, so my guess is that its a cloud client. So basically how switch got pso2 in the east.

What ? Tons of games are powered by Azure. Theres no need for a game like this to be Cloud based. It should run fine on Xbox and most low end PCs of Today.

BloodshotX

Jan 25, 2018
What ? Tons of games are powered by Azure. Theres no need for a game like this to be Cloud based. It should run fine on Xbox and most low end PCs of Today.
True, but there was also no need for a cloud based switch version since there is a native vita version witch they could upgrade to better fit the switch hardware. And guess what they didnt. Its a cheap way for them to bring a game to a platform and to control who plays it.

That would also explain why its only being released in the US as of now(aside from japan)

Cynn

Oct 27, 2017
I doubt its going to be a download at all, there was a huge ass AZURE logo at the end. AZURE is cloud, so my guess is that its a cloud client. So basically how switch got pso2 in the east.

Your guess would be 100% wrong. Azure isn't just xCloud streaming, it also plays host to online games, apps and enterprise services. The servers you'll log into will be Azure. Most likely free to SEGA to use in return for plastering the logo up there.

"Azure" is hosting. "XCloud"' is streaming.

BloodshotX

Jan 25, 2018
I ain't believing it's out in NA till i actually start downloading
you probably arent going to download anything, yea maybe a 10mb launcher. At the end of the trailer was the giant Azure logo aka microsofts cloud service.

Your guess would be 100% wrong. Azure isn't just xCloud streaming, it also plays host to online games, apps and enterprise services. The servers you'll log into will be Azure. Most likely free to SEGA to use in return for plastering the logo up there.
no offence but if sega isnt willing to put a native version on the switch in japan while there is a native Vita version witch they could scale up. I doubt that sega is willing to natively port a 7 year old online game to the xbox one tbh. I would see no reason what so ever to not have a european version day and date with the US version if it was just basically managing the online gaming part.

PSO2 was a mistake from the start, not bc its bad but sega made the mistake to basically have a contract with the company Gamania Digital Entertainment. That basically prevented them from releasing it in the west sooner.

They should have just give up on pso2 and make a new pso tbh

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2017
Southend on Sea, UK
you probably arent going to download anything, yea maybe a 10mb launcher. At the end of the trailer was the giant Azure logo aka microsofts cloud service.
Perhaps you should stop with the tales from your ass unless you have real information. Azure is not just cloud streaming service. It's servers and data centers - you know what online games have always run on.

TheUnseenTheUnheard

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
May 25, 2018
I can understand why some leakers thought this was Final Fantasy. Can't wait to try it again after struggling to play it with a VPN.

BloodshotX

Jan 25, 2018
Perhaps you should stop with the tales from your ass unless you have real information. Azure is not just cloud streaming service. It's servers and data centers - you know what online games have always run on.
why so hostile?, If it was a physical release(or gigabits of data to download) why would it be US only? Its not like europe has that kinda crappy internet to the point where you cant play online games.

Streaming games on the other hand is quite complicated, different countrys different kind of provider coverage. Not as bad as in some parts of the US, but still.

That plus the fact that they couldnt even be bothered to have a native version on switch in the east while a vita version that is native excist leads me to think its streaming only.

VariantX

Oct 25, 2017
Columbia, SC

There is no port begging in this case. The game already exists on every current platform now with the Xbox version being a thing. Though I would personally think it wouldn't be cool to shit up every future thread relating to this game about wanting the game localized in their region on their preferred platform(s).

EvilBoris

Prophet of Truth - HDTVtest
Verified
Oct 29, 2017
why so hostile?, If it was a physical release(or gigabits of data to download) why would it be US only? Its not like europe has that kinda crappy internet to the point where you cant play online games.

Streaming games on the other hand is quite complicated, different countrys different kind of provider coverage. Not as bad as in some parts of the US, but still.

Maybe

1.They don't want to translate and support it across a bunch of different EMEA languages.
2.They don't want to commit to paying for servers for multiple regions.
3.both