• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Big G

Oct 27, 2017
Take all of the time that you need, and release it when it's good and ready.

First half of 2020 is looking godlike.

Fredrik

Oct 27, 2017
Game of the show for me. Looks absolutely mindblowing!

I'm going for 100% in Ori 1 right now in the definitive edition, such an awesome game, so close to pure perfection. I hope MS is paying a ton of cash to Moon Studios because right now they're creating the best Microsoft published games.

thomasmahler

Game Director at Moon Studios
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Vienna / Austria
Just a quick question, a lot of the E3 2019 gameplay trailer focused on these big boss battle escape and engagement moments. Are these moments more of a focus in this sequel, or will there still be ample general platforming per se? In the first title the big moments were fairly sparsed out, just wondered if that would still be the case in Wisps.

We wanted to focus on Bosses this year, that's why it's all bosses and explosions in this trailer :D Don't worry, all the stuff that made Blind Forest great is still in Will of the Wisps :)

thomasmahler

Game Director at Moon Studios
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Vienna / Austria
Thomas, how big is Moon now? I'm guessing at least twice the size of the original team after BF's success?

I can't remember all the names now, but I remember seeing all your talent acquisitions, like the guy who made AM2R, and thinking that you basically had an all star team now.

We're 70 people now from like 38 different countries... but remember that we're working on 2 projects simultaneously right now. And yeah, the whole idea behind Moon is to find the most talented folks worldwide and have them work together, which works quite well thanks to our distributed nature and our crazy strife for insane quality.

Is it all hands on deck for Ori or are there folks also working on that mysterious second project that you've mentioned before.

We have an Ori team and a team working on an unannounced super secret game :)

Game of the show for me. Looks absolutely mindblowing!

I'm going for 100% in Ori 1 right now in the definitive edition, such an awesome game, so close to pure perfection. I hope MS is paying a ton of cash to Moon Studios because right now they're creating the best Microsoft published games.

Preach it, brother :D

Lunatic

Oct 27, 2017
The trailer looked Phenomenal, I couldn't believe a side scrolling platformer could look this good. I can't wait.

Pancracio17

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
One of the best games of the entire show. It looks so goooooood, probably the best looking 2D platformer ive seen.

Dancrane212

Oct 25, 2017
Apparently there's a new pin for the game at E3.

Ynlc4BV.png

The splint under Ku's wing is already breaking my heart.

Roman Bellic

Banned
Jun 13, 2019
Temp store listings from multiple retailers are being updated with official art found on the Xbox Media assets page. Looks like it's happening.

3max.jpg
thomasmahler I hope physical release will be available from day one and everywhere. Not like with Ori and the Blind Forest where the game was released after Definitive Edition, without any steelbook for Xbox (only on PC) and only in the North America (without Europe).

Dancrane212

Oct 25, 2017
thomasmahler I hope physical release will be available from day one and everywhere. Not like with Ori and the Blind Forest where the game was released after Definitive Edition, without any steelbook for Xbox (only on PC) and only in the North America (without Europe).

Well, nothing is confirmed, but there are listings going up with both USK and PEGI branding (instead of a temp box) in PAL territories. Wouldn't be surprised to see Ori launch physically worldwide.

Roman Bellic

Banned
Jun 13, 2019
Hobbes, do you have any confirmation that Ori and the Will of the Wisps will be launched 11 days earlier in Xbox Game Pass? I couldn't find anything about that. Official fact sheet don't say this as well.

Fuck game pass timed exclusives.
Actually, we don't know if that 11 days of difference will be true.

Trailer description on Xbox's Youtube channel also reveals is coming to Steam as well!
Nothing surprising. Phil Spencer, in his post on Xbox Wire from the end of May, announced every new Xbox Game Studios games will be released on Steam as well, starting with Gears 5 and Age of Empires: Definitive Edition trilogy 👌​

Seriously, half of my title edits have been correcting the spelling of Game Pass in titles.

It's not Gamepass, GamerPass or Games Pass. 😘
Bless you! Finally someone noticed that! ❤ 😄

Well, nothing is confirmed, but there are listings going up with both USK and PEGI branding (instead of a temp box) in PAL territories. Wouldn't be surprised to see Ori launch physically worldwide.
Hope so!

OP
OP

Deleted member 18944

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Hobbes, do you have any confirmation that Ori and the Will of the Wisps will be launched 11 days earlier in Xbox Game Pass? I couldn't find anything about that. Official fact sheet don't say this as well.

Actually, we don't know if that 11 days of difference will be true.

Nothing surprising. Phil Spencer, in his post on Xbox Wire from the end of May, announced every new Xbox Game Studios games will be released on Steam as well, starting with Gears 5 and Age of Empires: Definitive Edition trilogy 👌​

Bless you! Finally someone noticed that! ❤ 😄

Hope so!

I'll edit this reply in a second but I believe so.

Edit: Maybe I'm fucking blind? I swear to god it was Feb 22.

Last edited:

Dancrane212

Oct 25, 2017
I'll edit this reply in a second but I believe so.

Edit: Maybe I'm fucking blind? I swear to god it was Feb 22.

Xbox Wire says everything launches the same date.

Following up on the critically acclaimed action platformer Ori and the Blind Forest, Xbox Game Studios and Moon Studios are excited to announce that Ori and the Will of the Wisps will be released on February 11, 2020 and will be available to buy on Xbox One, Windows 10 PC and Steam as well as included the same day it launches globally with Xbox Game Pass for PC and Console.

Vj27

Feb 10, 2019
Fuck game pass timed exclusives.
Waa people are playing it before me for like $10 waa. Here's a smart work around instead of complaining, pay a dollar rn for gamepass. Get 20% off of ori, buy it, then renew gamepass in January/February and you literally save money, plus play the game early, so you can save your tears.