• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

jelly

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Absolutely adore the humour they put into these games.

Game play, so very tired to me now but I get they aren't only for me.

Siggy-P

Avenger
Mar 18, 2018
Lego Force Awakens was surpsingly good.

Kylo: *reaching for lightsaber after Finn drops it* "Something's wrong.. don't understand... I could just go and pick it up but...that wouldn't look as cool..."

BasilZero

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Omni
So is this gonna have a different episodes 1-7 than previous releases or is it the same but with 8 and 9 included?

mclem

Oct 25, 2017
Wondered if that might be the case; Lego Indy 2 did the same, with new versions of the first films that differed from the Indy 1 ones. And, for that matter, The Complete Saga still redid the vehicle levels inline with the then-new engine changes.

I'd assume that also means new voiced cutscenes, although I'll miss how well the old pantomimed ones were done.

Zephy

Oct 27, 2017
This was my most hype moment from the Microsoft conference (yes, even more than Keanu). LEGO Star Wars The Complete Saga is still my favourite LEGO game, and even one of my favourite Star Wars game. SW is the franchise I find most fit to be adapted into LEGO games, with their numerous iconic vehicles, compared to franchises like Marvel, LOTR etc. that rely way too much on the characters to justify a LEGO adaptation.
Originally, I expected them to release VII, VIII and then IX as three separate games after they made VII, but seeing as though there were no news after that game, I was convinced this was never going to happen. I had even abstained from playing VII (and still haven't touched it to this day), waiting for the complete package. And now they're saying they will not only release VII, VIII AND IX together, but also all the original 6 films in one package ? This is better than I could have possibly hoped for.

I have so many questions after this very short teaser :

- How much of the original games will be kept ? Will they be remade entirely, or just overhauled with the new physics and animations ? Will they have as much content as they used to ? I liked the simplicity of the progression in those games, the newer ones have too many mechanics that slow the progression to a crawl in levels. I like kicking some bricks and not take too long on puzzles.
- Will they keep the original Complete Saga's Cantina hub or make something new ? Will there be any free exploration of the planets outside of missions like the more recent LEGO games ?
- Will they keep the game silent ? They had voices in episode VII, but I always thought LEGO was at its best without voiced dialogue. Especially for Star Wars where the music is preeminent, there is beauty in telling this story through mimes and music. The narration of the Complete Saga was perfect as far as I'm concerned. And considering how annoying the voices clips from the recent LEGO games are, getting rid of voiceovers altogether would definitely be a good thing. Since the teaser only features grunts, it would seem to indicate that this will be the case. I'm curious how it will affect the Ep VII part (cf. my very first question).
- I haven't played VII so I don't know how that game managed it, but I hope they will have fixed the controls from the older SW games where for example the same button was used to stow the lightsaber and to use the force.

Regardless, this is very exciting, and I can't wait to see some gameplay and hear some info. Damn I want to play the Complete Saga now, but at this point I might be better off waiting for this.

It's all been redone from scratch with new engine tech and revamped gameplay!

Oh boy, I had missed this post. I'm guessing you work on the game ? I hope to see and hear more soon :)

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2017
This was my most hype moment from the Microsoft conference (yes, even more than Keanu). LEGO Star Wars The Complete Saga is still my favourite LEGO game, and even one of my favourite Star Wars game. SW is the franchise I find most fit to be adapted into LEGO games, with their numerous iconic vehicles, compared to franchises like Marvel, LOTR etc. that rely way too much on the characters to justify a LEGO adaptation.
Originally, I expected them to release VII, VIII and then IX as three separate games after they made VII, but seeing as though there were no news after that game, I was convinced this was never going to happen. I had even abstained from playing VII (and still haven't touched it to this day), waiting for the complete package. And now they're saying they will not only release VII, VIII AND IX together, but also all the original 6 films in one package ? This is better than I could have possibly hoped for.

I have so many questions after this very short teaser :

- How much of the original games will be kept ? Will they be remade entirely, or just overhauled with the new physics and animations ? Will they have as much content as they used to ? I liked the simplicity of the progression in those games, the newer ones have too many mechanics that slow the progression to a crawl in levels. I like kicking some bricks and not take too long on puzzles.
- Will they keep the original Complete Saga's Cantina hub or make something new ? Will there be any free exploration of the planets outside of missions like the more recent LEGO games ?
- Will they keep the game silent ? They had voices in episode VII, but I always thought LEGO was at its best without voiced dialogue. Especially for Star Wars where the music is preeminent, there is beauty in telling this story through mimes and music. The narration of the Complete Saga was perfect as far as I'm concerned. And considering how annoying the voices clips from the recent LEGO games are, getting rid of voiceovers altogether would definitely be a good thing. Since the teaser only features grunts, it would seem to indicate that this will be the case. I'm curious how it will affect the Ep VII part (cf. my very first question).
- I haven't played VII so I don't know how that game managed it, but I hope they will have fixed the controls from the older SW games where for example the same button was used to stow the lightsaber and to use the force.

Regardless, this is very exciting, and I can't wait to see some gameplay and hear some info. Damn I want to play the Complete Saga now, but at this point I might be better off waiting for this.

Oh boy, I had missed this post. I'm guessing you work on the game ? I hope to see and hear more soon :)
Is it gonna include the clone wars? Cuz i never did get to play that
(Also i agreen it was the most hype annoucement from thier confernce for me :p)

NiallGGlynn

Apr 16, 2019
I presume Rogue One, Solo, Mandalorian etc. content will be season pass stuff? I'm excited as hell for this as is, will be a perfect couch co-op game with my SW buddies.

Zephy

Oct 27, 2017
Is it gonna include the clone wars? Cuz i never did get to play that
(Also i agreen it was the most hype annoucement from thier confernce for me :p)
It seems it won't, they said it will include all 9 movies (which is already huge if they keep the amount of content from the original games), whereas the Clone Wars was based on the TV show. Clone Wars had much improved combat and graphics compared to the Complete Saga but I though it was clunky in some aspects. Some puzzles or actions required to progress were occasionally very tedious. I haven't really gone back to it, compared to the Complete Saga which I have played through several times. But it might be a good idea to give it another go while waiting for the Skywalker Saga !

Kinsei

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Considering how much content the Complete Saga had with only six films, not even counting the bonus stages and time trials, this is going to be insane.

Zephy

Oct 27, 2017
Is anyone confidant that a Marvel Complete Cinematic Universe is in the cards for 2020 in the fall?

It would be surprised. And if they do it, it would probably have like one level for most of the movies. Age of Ultron tried that and it turned out... not great. But if done well, I'd definitely be interested. I'm hopeful that they will go back to pantomime for SW, and that it could bring back the trend for the other upcoming LEGO games. The dialogue in Lego Marvel games are very annoying during gameplay (I like Coulson in the movies but I wanted to strangle him in the the Lego Avengers).

Deleted member 4609

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Considering how much content the Complete Saga had with only six films, not even counting the bonus stages and time trials, this is going to be insane.

The Complete Saga was essentially a collection of two already released, fully-featured games. This is a brand new game that just happens to cover a bunch of the same ground. I would count on there being three-ish levels per film at best, especially if it has open hubs like TFA.

Jan 2, 2018
Okay, I'll buy this if they ditch the voice acting. The trailer bodes well for that!

Also, OP could add the platforms: Xbox One, Nintendo Switch, PlayStation 4 and PC.

Sparks

Senior Games Artist
Verified
Dec 10, 2018
Los Angeles
Saw the behind doors presentation of this at E3. Whew... it is incredibly ambitious and impressive how much they are pushing it.

Flying to planets real time... pretty nuts. The 9 episode selection screen diorama's were fantastic.

S1kkZ

Oct 27, 2017
i just hope that they FINALLY enhance/revamp the combat system. give me at least some optional combos. anything other than mashing the attack button. the disney infinity games got that right.

Lnds500

Oct 27, 2017
The first 2 Lego Star Wars games were amazing. Happy to see that they are coming back (and with trophy support finally). No voiceovers is great as well, always like the mime humour of the originals.

Rolodzeo

Nov 10, 2017
Spain, EU
Saw the behind doors presentation of this at E3. Whew... it is incredibly ambitious and impressive how much they are pushing it.

Flying to planets real time... pretty nuts. The 9 episode selection screen diorama's were fantastic.

Wait wat. Isn't Jedi Fallen Order doing something similar? Can you explain a little bit more?

Plum

May 31, 2018
That's awesome. Hopefully the Yoda death cry still makes it in to this remake. That's all I want from the og lego star wars games

No Gonk Droid no buy.

Damn, I really hope they can pull this off. The recent Lego open world titles have been cool but they've always felt so restricting to me.

Sparks

Senior Games Artist
Verified
Dec 10, 2018
Los Angeles
Wait wat. Isn't Jedi Fallen Order doing something similar? Can you explain a little bit more?
There are probably articles around that explain it better than I.

But it was like, you select which Episode you want and then you are sent out into space in a "hub" sort of flying area. You see the planets from that episode in the distance and you can fly to them (fairly quickly), as the demoer was approaching Tatooine (Was playing Ep6), a Star Destroyer appeared and started firing on the Millenium Falcon he was piloting.

Then you see some markers on the planet itself and can choose which to fly down to, once you fly close enough it transitions into a cinematic of you landing. So not like No Man Sky, but close-ish.

And for a Lego game I was pretty blown away.

Deleted member 4260

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
There are probably articles around that explain it better than I.

But it was like, you select which Episode you want and they you are sent out into space in a "hub" sort of flying area. You see the planets from that episode in the distance and you can fly to them (fairly quickly), as the demoer was approaching Tatooine, a Star Destroyer appeared and started firing on the Millenium Falcon he was piloting.

Then you see some markers on the planet itself and can choose which to fly down to, once you fly close enough it transitions into a cinematic of you landing. So not like No Man Sky, but close-ish.

And for a Lego game I was pretty blown away.
Does it still stick to the standard lego gameplay, generally?

Sparks

Senior Games Artist
Verified
Dec 10, 2018
Los Angeles
Does it still stick to the standard lego gameplay, generally?
I'm not 100% sure as he never did any full missions.

When he landed on Tattooine (near Mos Eisley), it was open world. The visuals are way more defined and the environments are pretty beautiful actually, realistic rocks and sand ect (I hate sand). Showed off Jedi stuff like you can force control any character/creature and make them dance. There were droids around and when talking to a Gonk droid it says, "Gonk gonk gonk gonk gonk gonk" but if you switch to C3P0 he can understand the droid and actually got a quest from it.

Seemed pretty expansive and ambitious.

Deleted member 4260

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

When he landed on Tattooine (near Mos Eisley), it was open world. The visuals are way more defined and the environments are pretty beautiful actually, realistic rocks and sand ect (I hate sand). Showed off Jedi stuff like you can force control any character/creature and make them dance. There were droids around and when talking to a Gonk droid it says, "Gonk gonk gonk gonk gonk gonk" but if you switch to C3P0 he can understand the droid and actually got a quest from it.

This does sound really cool. The OG Lego Star Wars game is one of my favorite Star Wars games honestly, so I think it's really cool they're changing it up so drastically for this one. Hope some gameplay comes out soon.

Rolodzeo

Nov 10, 2017
Spain, EU

That sounds really ambitious for a LEGO game, can't wait to play it :D

Thanks for the info!