• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

El-Pistolero

Banned
Jan 4, 2018
I am hoping we will get a glimpse of next generation games towards the end. But perhaps Microsoft has decided of another venue to annouce their future plans...

Jun 4, 2018
I've always enjoyed their shows. Excited to learn more about MCC on PC, the next step for Gears (and Halo), backwards compatibility, and hopefully, an expanded support from third-party publishers.

Fredrik

Oct 27, 2017
I am hoping we will get a glimpse of next generation games towards the end. But perhaps Microsoft has decided of another venue to annouce their future plans...
I honestly think they'll go all in at E3, but we'll see. They need to atleast show XCloud, Google is aggressive and will launch Stadia in 2019 so waiting to unveil the next step will only get more people to choose Stadia instead.

FUNKNOWN iXi

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
B A T T L E T O A D S

My hype cannot be contained. I'm eager to see what they do with this franchise after so many years without it.

christocolus

Oct 27, 2017
I'm confused. I'm telling you the team is small. There's no way they're releasing a AAA game like that after they almost lost their studio trying to make Hellblade. You said something like they've been working on a MP game off and on for years that's gonna be out next year. I responded by saying it's probably an unfinished game if that's true because the team is too small to make a finished MP game in that short of a span. Everything I said follows from my main point of the team being small.
NT has a number of small but very efficient teams all handling various projects within the studio, the project Litebrite was referring to could be the one which has been in development for about 5 years or so and since NT joined Xbox 1P they have been on a hiring spree so their dev numbers should be much higher than 100 now.

Fredrik

Oct 27, 2017
B A T T L E T O A D S

My hype cannot be contained. I'm eager to see what they do with this franchise after so many years without it.
What would you want? Old-Schoolish beat'em up? Or a fighting game? Or something else?

I'd love to see the beat'em up genre become big again, not highres remasters, I want AAA beat'em ups, awesome graphics, snappy controls but with that new context based animation system as in RDR2, tons of interactivity, etc.

FUNKNOWN iXi

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
What would you want? Old-Schoolish beat'em up? Or a fighting game? Or something else?

I'd love to see the beat'em up genre become big again, not highres remasters, I want AAA beat'em ups, awesome graphics, snappy controls but with that new context based animation system as in RDR2, tons of interactivity, etc.
I don't think it will be AAA, but something worthy of what Battletoads was, which is a fun, enjoyable co-op beat-em up. That's at its core, something like what Castle Crashers provided us with back in the XBLA days.

As a baseline start there, expectations in check. We definitely need Xbox LIVE co-op, and it'd be cool to have co-op modes added in, like Horde where players fight against waves of increasingly difficult enemies, or other pve modes. At the very least XBL co-op is a must in 2019. I'm not expecting anything more than a small, enjoyable beat-em up as a first game to bring the franchise back. It'd be cool to have impressive animations as you suggested, but if it's just several frames per attack, then I'll be cool with that too. Environmental attacks would be awesome and context-sensitive attacks would be icing on the cake, especially if they throw weapons in the mix. Also, making each Battletoad feel unique would go a long way imo.
  • Rash is like Mario in that he's balanced all around.
  • Pimple is the tank who's slower but deals out massive damage. Great for close range.
  • Zitz is like Donatello in that he's great with tools and has improved stats with weapons.
  • And as an unlockable add a 4th female Battletoad who's completely overpowered and smack-talks the other Toads in-game, providing incentive to replay the game lol.
Leveling up your toads would be a cool fit too like how it was in Castle Crashers. And so many things they could do by adding more gimmicks to the gameplay. Battletoads was cool in that it was a beat-em up that provided a mix a fun gameplay elements, like the vertical scrolling sections, the first person shooting boss, the hoverbikes, etc. More of that would be great.

And so much more. I'd love a variety of weapons and transforming animations. I just want to punch, punch, MEGA FIST PUNCH combo and punch, punch, MEGA KICK WITH SPIKED SHOES combo again. More attacks with their tongues as well, like grab animations or eating -> spitting out enemies, using their tongues for throws, body slams, etc. So much potential, I hope they capitalize on the weirdness that Battletoads was.

Golvellius

Banned
Dec 3, 2017
2+ hours is pretty long. Sadly I have a feeling there will be a lot of filler to pad that time.
I don't think their thinking was "our show needs to be 2 hours long in order to top last year, so what filler stuff can we add to reach that length", but rather "we have all these exciting things to show, so how long will it take? -- Shiiiit, it might take up to two hours, so we better plan for that".

plié

Alt account
Banned
Jan 10, 2019

PJsprojects

Oct 30, 2017
England
Expect news on services, Halo, Gears & FH dlc plus lots of Xcloud and indy stuff with a clip touching on new console.

What I want is maybe Ryse 2,Hellblade style story games and hints at what games will launch in the first year of Xbox Two.

Klobrille

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
Here is the stuff I personally expect from Xbox Game Studios at the show. Just for fun and again, this is only a prediction for their first-party showing.

D6jrC-zWwAAnx5-

Last edited:

cyrribrae

Chicken Chaser
Jan 21, 2019
They were just coming off of Hellblades initial release and subsequently porting it. The forza horizon team had just released a Forza title, and the new studio was still staffing up. At most you have some design, and unless Ninja Theory isn't scaling up for a big AAA they are probably still very early on.

And Obsidian has Outer Worlds, but it's multi plat and the other team just finished Pillars 2 las year this time. I think you are being a bit too optimistic that these studios will have anything more than a vague teaser.
I think the real question is why would we expect the new studios to show anything at all? I think most of us recognize that it's too early for them to show anything. And I don't mind if none of them do (However, there certainly could be things to show - FH4 DLC, Outer Worlds, Bard's Tale/Wasteland, Ninja Theory). My point was merely that MS HASN'T been the publisher blowing reveals early since 2015, when Sony took that crown firmly back. Gameplay or not, if we see it years before release.. it's just a vertical slice demo with no relation to reality. See: Days Gone, Crackdown 3, Scalebound, the infamous KillZone 2. I doubt they would start reaching now when they have more things to show than ever.

I wonder if we are going to get those paid MS cheerleaders clapping/wowing at everything lol
This is strange, you'd think gamers would want people to be excited about games. I also always get confused when people accuse MS of paying people to fill their conference. Such ridiculous toxic thinking, and obviously untrue. Look, people get more excited when they hear OTHER people get excited. So no, I want people who are happy to be there and hyped for what's coming. It's freaking awesome to hear the roar when Halo gets announced or DMC 5 pops up or Cyberpunk takes over, for the same reason watching people react on YouTube can be awesome. Either way, it's WAY better than a silent or unenthused conference. I think Sony erred too far in that direction last year, when they had been doing fantastic conferences that were fan-oriented and designed to get cheers and reactions before that.

takriel

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm looking forward to it! These past Ms conferences have been games, games, games!

Herey

Unshakable Resolve
Jan 10, 2019
Was selfishly hoping it was shorter than last year. After a while of reveals and trailers, all the Inception horns, Indie sizzle reels and demos where they pan to show the pretty environment merge into one for me.

Hoping they pack the first 20 minutes of first party stuff so I can peace out and watch another time lol.

Jimmy1984

Banned
May 19, 2018
[QUOTE = "SuikerBrood, post: 21125132, membri: 38789"]
Ancora nessun Age of Empires...

Ultimi anni View era grande. Quindi speriamo ottengono vicino a quello nuovo.
[QUOTE = "SuikerBrood, post: 21125132, membri: 38789"]
Ancora nessun Age of Empires...

Ultimi anni Visualizza era grande. Quindi speriamo che ottengono vicino a quello nuovo.
[/QUOTE]

I Hope the same

Bass2448

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
So for anyone paying attention to insiders on here/twitter, Whats the chances of Microsoft showing/teasing next gen console in some form this E3?

Xumbrega

Oct 25, 2017
Brasil
I'm not expecting anything MP related to be announced at E3, think they will save it to talk about Halo Infinite MP on X0

Oct 25, 2017
United Kingdom
I don't think their thinking was "our show needs to be 2 hours long in order to top last year, so what filler stuff can we add to reach that length", but rather "we have all these exciting things to show, so how long will it take? -- Shiiiit, it might take up to two hours, so we better plan for that".

Hopefully they do have a ton of great stuff to show but knowing how these things normally go, there could be a lot of filler for that amount of time.

Golvellius

Banned
Dec 3, 2017
I'm pretty sure they're fans? I think they do a thing where they invite people through fanfest or something. Could also be employees. I don't think they pay fans. Definitely not for XO18.
Phil alone has probably a lot of genuine fans. I am one of them. (He also has a lot of haters _because_ he usually delivers on his promises. Naturally that makes a lot of rivaling fanboys upset and uncomfortable which often manifests itself in hateful Twitter slurs.)

Oct 25, 2017
I think you are overreac...

Nevermind.
I mean, do you think there won't be a lot of 3rd party content? Even if you look at conferences over the years, a bulk of it has always been non-first party content. It makes sense when you consider how important 3rd party content is for MS/Sony, and how difficult it would be for all of the big 3 to have a compelling show with only their first party content and the show is ~2 hours long.

Cthulhu_Steev

Oct 27, 2017
I think its more likely to be lots of 3rd party games as well, since they don't have many options now for showing them off.

Honestly, MS conference time is always at a better time for me than Sony's, so having most third party there suits me and keeps it all in one place.

Any Playstation news will still be exciting whenever/wherever it lands.