• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Firima

Oct 27, 2017
The team of real, non-scripted, legit gamers who always demo the newest Ubisoft service game live on stage are salivating at all that extra time made available, I imagine.

litebrite

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Nah man, I don't think anyone is down for 2 hours of current gen multiplat games. Thats why Sony dropped out (not ready to reveal ps5 just yet).

MS wants to show off first. If this isnt the case then the show will be downright awful.
MS has next year to show off next gen. I have no idea why people think MS is going to show a bunch of first party next gen games and hardware. We're likely going to get a tease very similar to the Project Scorpio tease.

Last edited:

Bradbatross

Mar 17, 2018
Nah man, I don't think anyone is down for 2 hours of current gen multiplat games. Thats why Sony dropped out (not ready to reveal ps5 just yet).

MS wants to show off first. If this isnt the case then the show will be downright awful.
People loved last years show, and it was pretty much non-stop games. I think people would love the same this year since the whole reason people watch these conferences is for the games. I'm not really sure how showing off games would make for an awful show.

dodmaster

Apr 27, 2019
I'm not expecting much in the way of console hardware news. I think xCloud could take up at least ten minutes, and then you've got PC XGP. That requires at least another ten, and maybe even another ten to discuss how it works, or even what studios are part of any acquisitions. That leaves another 2018 conference with 50 games (which is easily filled by 3rd parties when Sony is absent), then ID@Xbox, BC and Gaming For Everyone. If you leave half an hour for the latter stuff, and add up the former, there could be about an hour of actual games being shown.

Which if you're showing 3 new exclusive games, you'd want to take at least ten minutes on each one - twenty for gears and infinite, and maybe ten for NT's new game. So that leaves ... what, maximum half an hour for third party announcements? Including FFVII? A Cyberpunk 2077 demo? From Software's new game? Unannounced titles?

There's a lot to fit in and if a hardware announcement is there, the rest of the services announcements will have to be tight.

Last edited:

Nax

Hero of Bowerstone
Oct 10, 2018
Niiccee. Still pretty bummed Sony isn't there this year. But I'm still excited overall. E3 is one of the most fun times of the year.

kirbyfan407

Oct 25, 2017
Since Sony has stepped out this year, I'm kind of expecting Microsoft's conference to be pulling double-duty when it comes to third-party games. They'll also be talking about next-gen and probably xCloud. It makes sense to me that they're planning for two hours. If they use it well, they could have a great E3. (Hopefully they use it well...)

Prine

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Oh really?? That sucks, I wanted a horizon to be the version when Scarlett dropped. Not sure gen of regular Forza
Well, see it from the perspective that mainline Forza finally gets some extra time to be the best it can, the franchise needs a shake up, more time in the oven will help achieve that. A additional benefit to this is that Horizon will also get additional time. If FH2/3/4 were as good as they were with 2 years of Dev in between imagine a 3 year dev cycle built from the ground up for next gen hardware, Forza Horizon 5 is going to be a massive game for MS, perhaps as big as anything they've got.

Last edited:

aerozombie

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yea? Except that most of the exclusive games they showed last year are coming out.. this year? Only squeenix and.. Bethesda with TES6? And UBI with BGE2? And the true masters of the art, Sony, who discussed like 6(?) exclusive games on stage, none of which were new. Two of those games have since released (do we count Dreams?), we don't even know WHAT YEAR the other 3 are coming.

Just saying. Don't hold specific publishers to rules no one else is following lol
I am saying I think they will start it this year with the new studios that just started exclusive development within the last year. I'm not say these are rules, I am saying that publishers are becoming less reliant on them. Also, I mean games that are announced 5 years or more before release, like Death Stranding. Like how is this even a point of contention, they have explicitly stated they are going to start announcing games from their new studios and they just got bought or formed within the last year or so. Also, we saw freaking game play of TLOU2, Tsushima, and Death Stranding. Like I'm referencing the KH3 original announcement in 2013, Tsushima that has only been outed for like 2 years.

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
Always surprised to see "Not excited for E3 this year". If the MS show is anything like last year there will be a lot of good third party reveals for everyone to partake in.

Bradbatross

Mar 17, 2018
I am saying I think they will start it this year with the new studios that just started exclusive development within the last year. I'm not say these are rules, I am saying that publishers are becoming less reliant on them. Also, I mean games that are announced 5 years or more before release, like Death Stranding. Like how is this even a point of contention, they have explicitly stated they are going to start announcing games from their new studios and they just got bought or formed within the last year or so. Also, we saw freaking game play of TLOU2, Tsushima, and Death Stranding. Like I'm referencing the KH3 original announcement in 2013, Tsushima that has only been outed for like 2 years.
Some of the studios they bought had games in development before they were bought by MS (like Ninja Theory). Those are likely the games that are going to be shown.

Deleted member 56752

Banned
May 15, 2019
I think you guys absolutely need to have your expectations checked. Remember, we have 3 gears games in the works so we're looking at a 20 minute demo at minimum there. 2K and Borderlands 3 are going to be there in full swing so expect to see them as well. Probably 10 minutes there. Plus you have to imagine we'll have a ten minute talk about Game Pass updates, a ten minute demonstration about xCloud and 5 minutes of just talking from Phil at the beginning and end. 3-5 mins of Ori and the Blind Forest 2. So that's around 20 + 10 + 10 + 10 + 5 + 5. That's an hour. Plus they'll probably bring Obsidian on stage to show off Outer Worlds for 5 or so mins. If anyone actually thinks I'm being too conservative, I promise you'll be disappointed. We'll be lucky if we see real gameplay or product vision on Halo. I honestly expect a trailer on what the story will involve, but nothing crazy. Its blowout will be E3 2020, when it launches. We will PROBABLY see a 3-4 minute teaser for next gen akin to the Project Scorpio unveil where Todd Howard talks about how boss this Anaconda is with bare minimum details (flops, zen architecture - basically Sony's unveil) scattered within.

This year is vision year. Xbox has to get everyone ready for what the gaming landscape will be in 5 years time. Xbox games work on PC, phones, tablets, kindles, etch a sketches, switch, playstation, all of that. They'll ease us in with less crazy stuff (PC, phones, tablets), but that's the vision. I have listened to Phil talk all the time about it. He always talks about the untapped market of 2 billion gamers. How do we reach them he always asks? That's the question he'll answer this E3. I'm telling you, if you expect megatons, you'll be disappointed.

PS: I still can't believe a lot of pundits gave the best E3 conference to Sony over Microsoft last year. Absolute joke. Half of Sony's conference's games still haven't come out. Xbox had DMC5, Sekiro, Division 2, Gears 5 gameplay sizzle real and narrative trailer in-engine, and a new Halo reveal. I'm sure I'm missing things.

Last edited:

Cogg

Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
Do Sony and Microsoft make bids for company's with big IP's like cyberpunk and such to be on their stage? I really have no idea how any of this works and i'm just curious. Cause if that's the case i could see Microsoft oiling those wheels to snag all the games leaving Sony holding nothing but first party. Cause i honestly don't buy the they don't wanna share the spotlight talk. Cause they crushed Xbox year after year which i'm sure helped them with the positive word of mouth. Or maybe it really is them leaning into PSX, idk.

aerozombie

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Some of the studios they bought had games in development before they were bought by MS (like Ninja Theory). Those are likely the games that are going to be shown.
They were just coming off of Hellblades initial release and subsequently porting it. The forza horizon team had just released a Forza title, and the new studio was still staffing up. At most you have some design, and unless Ninja Theory isn't scaling up for a big AAA they are probably still very early on.

And Obsidian has Outer Worlds, but it's multi plat and the other team just finished Pillars 2 las year this time. I think you are being a bit too optimistic that these studios will have anything more than a vague teaser.

Deleted member 56752

Banned
May 15, 2019
A proper name and final specs almost a year and a half before it releases? There's no need for MS to rush this year when they have all next year to do it.
I don't know how you can market a product that far out. I honestly believe it'd be impossible.

EDIT: I think aerozombie has the right approach. Everyone needs to calm the heck down.

Deleted member 56752

Banned
May 15, 2019
Exactly. Plus the attention span of the average consumer has gotten even shorter.
Which is why I expect we'll get double the amount of time on something releasing in the near future: xCloud. And get a LOT of speak from Spencer about his vision. None of the pundits talk about that, but messaging is absolutely key here. They're fundamentally altering the industry now. They have to nail messaging

javiergame4

Oct 27, 2017
Damn hype increased. I'm going to be at e3 with my company this year but unfortunately didn't get a invite to xbox conference :( even tho I'm industry

Strat

Apr 8, 2018
Do we get the revival of a Nintendo-era Rare property this year or what? Banjo, Conker? Do we finally get a VIVA PINATA? Lost Odyssey!? Blue Dragon!? Will I finally be happy!?

:/

litebrite

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
They were just coming off of Hellblades initial release and subsequently porting it. The forza horizon team had just released a Forza title, and the new studio was still staffing up. At most you have some design, and unless Ninja Theory isn't scaling up for a big AAA they are probably still very early on.

And Obsidian has Outer Worlds, but it's multi plat and the other team just finished Pillars 2 las year this time. I think you are being a bit too optimistic that these studios will have anything more than a vague teaser.
In general I agree with you, but in the case of Ninja Theory there's been several indications that Ninja Theory had another project (multiplayer) farther along before being bought and will showcase at this year's E3 and likely released for current gen Xbox One.

Bradbatross

Mar 17, 2018

All these studios have multiple teams. The rumor is that Ninja Theory will be announcing a game that they've been working on for years and is going to release sometime in 2020. I don't expect them to show games that are far off (except for a teaser for Fable maybe), especially with next-gen consoles releasing next year.

Last edited:

Shoichi

Jan 10, 2018
That's a pretty long conference. Movie length long.

Expecting a lot of talk about the next generation systems, xcloud, and dev talk taking up a lot of time.

Deleted member 56752

Banned
May 15, 2019
All these studios have multiple teams. The rumor is that Ninja Theory will be announcing a game that they've been working on for years and is going to release sometime in 2020. I don't expect them to show games that are far off (except for a teaser for Fable maybe), especially with next-gen consoles releasing next year.

Bruh. they literally released hellblade like 2 years ago. They have a team of probably less than 50 altogether. I doubt they will have a game ready to go in a year since they were bouhgt out.