• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

time-space

Oct 27, 2017
What the heck are you talking about? I don't want Sony to fail, I'm frustrated with them, and how people seem to be happy to just accept that they're showing next to nothing new. I'm sorry, but after the last year, with all of these crossplay faux pas and not having much to look forward to, I need something more. TLOU2 looks amazing, but I also want to know what the hell I'll be playing after it and Ghosts of Tsushima come out.

Spider-man 2
Horizon 2
GOW 2
GoT 2
Death Stranding 2
Days Gone 2
Knack 3 lol

It's pretty obvious what they will be releasing. Most of their recent first party games are first in the series.

To add I enjoyed the conference, and the games shown. Flight Simulator was a huge surprise. Hopefully those were in game graphics.

SuikerBrood

Jan 21, 2018
They had enough content to create a great show. I'm 100% confident in this.

Their pacing and the urge to pack their show with too many games just killed everything.

Bleeding Edge should've had a gameplay trailer. The trailer looks promising, but people really need more.
The Outer Worlds didn't have a great trailer. Why wasn't there someone from Obsidian at stage explaining stuff? That game is coming out in a couple of months.
Minecraft:Dungeons and Ori and the Will of the Wisps had great trailers in my opinion. No complaints on that.
Wasteland 3 will never show well on a E3 presentation, I'm afraid. The turn based combat doesn't 'wow' still looking forward to it tho.
Gears 5 showing was horrible. Great, you got a new mode. But that game is releasing in 3 months. Where the hell was the gameplay????????
Forza Horizon 4 DLC was great.
State of Decay 2 didn't need to be here. Could've been at Inside Xbox or Gamescom.
Halo Infinite trailer was great. But because I knew it was the end of the show, I was disappointed. Loved the trailer tho. Didn't expect (much) gameplay.

Third party showing all disappointed for me, besides Cyberpunk 2077. The Borderlands 3 trailer did nothing for me, I needed more from the From Software game. And we didn't have a big banger like last year with DMC 5.

All in all not disappointed in the games at display, but disappointed in the presentation. Especially Gears 5.

IIFloodyII

Oct 26, 2017
I hope people complaining that there weren't any surprises are not saying at the same time in leak threads that leaks don't matter.
What major leak did MS have? Ninja Theory's game and that's it? I feel like the From and GRRM working together on a game being the biggest game affected by leaks, like that would have been a massive "wait, WTF" reveal and made up for the pretty poor trailer.

Fizie

Jan 21, 2018
This has to be a joke...
giphy.gif

monketron

Oct 27, 2017
It's insane to me that Microsoft did a better job showcasing Gears 5 and Halo Infinite last year than this year. Absolutely bonkers.

You got the feeling they were desperate to point out how they had '60 games to show' and didn't want the conference to last 3 hours so I guess it meant not showing much gameplay.

Nikus

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
What major leak did MS have? Ninja Theory's game and that's it? I feel like the From and GRRM working together on a game being the biggest game affected by leaks, like that would have been a massive "wait, WTF" reveal and made up for the pretty poor trailer.
That's what I was thinking about yeah, Elden Ring would have been a shock so big, we would see way less disappointment if it had not leaked
Well that's just what I think anyway, I could be dead wrong

But I feel like Elden Ring was "revealed" and everybody was pretty much like "yeah, we knew" and that's it

TyraZaurus

Nov 6, 2017
Prob because next E3 they unveil their console along with next gen plan with games, by blow their load a year away when they can build the hype a few months out?

That's nice. Still haven't seen them. Still don't know what they'll look like. Come on, people.

Do you really just want to see a CG trailer for a game 18+ months away?
The next god of war and horizon zero dawn 2 are defintley coming but you won't see these probably until next year. Probably a new Spiderman aswell.
Spider-man 2
Horizon 2
GOW 2
GoT 2
Death Stranding 2
Days Gone 2
Knack 3 lol

It's pretty obvious what they will be releasing. Most of their recent first party games are first in the series.

I'm sorry, I'm not gonna award Sony anything on the basis of an assumption. Come on folks, saying "you'll see it eventually?" You were all just (rightfully) shutting down people saying "Microsoft is holding stuff back for next year"! I can't get excited for a sequel I know nothing about, or know that it'll be good just because it's Sony. There's too many factors in play.

ZhugeEX

Senior Analyst at Niko Partners
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
Are you still positive this is the best conference of this year E3, ZhugeEX?

I personally thought it was good.

There is a reason I started the tweet the way I did. I think one of the issues that I didn't forsee was the lack of gameplay. That was weird. Also I think the barrage of leaks, such as Elden Ring and other stuff took away some of the surprises from the conference.

wafflebrain

Oct 27, 2017
Gamepass additions are great but I'll continue being salty that Arkham Knight still isn't X enhanced. You'd think they'd take the time for an E3 announcement addition :/

Bennibop

Oct 30, 2017
Think this was a real missed opportunity by Ms in all honesty. To much cgi no gameplay is concerning, especially for gears and odd for borderlands 3 when we have seen game footage previously.

Garjon

Oct 27, 2017
I thought it was a solid conference but after all the silly hype from people I trust to know better, it did feel a bit underwhelming. They did show a LOT of stuff but there was far too little emphasis on actual gameplay. It's getting clear, after hearing about how the devs of GoW took months to make an E3 demo, that it's getting harder to put on these big shows not just from the hardware manufacturers but from the devs themselves. Perhaps Sony and Nintendo are doing the right thing by scaling back....

While I think it's a bit rubbish that players on certain systems won't be able to play their games anymore, I am glad that Double Fine will finally be financially secure.

Also, what was the big moment that loads of insiders and devs were teasing that they were so excited about? Keanu?

Rodelero

Oct 27, 2017
What I posted is what I'm talking about? See the same disappointment every year. 90% of conferences this gen. I'm pretty sure you could still pull up all the old threads. Even from the old place

In regards to Sony's 2015 conference turning out decent for Xbox owners - I don't understand.

IIFloodyII

Oct 26, 2017
That's what I was thinking about yeah, Elden Ring would have been a shock so big, we would see way less disappointment if it had not leaked
Well that's just what I think anyway, I could be dead wrong

But I feel like Elden Ring was "revealed" and everybody was pretty much like "yeah, we knew" and that's it
Oh, I agree completely with you on that. But I don't think that'd make up for just a very average showing overall from MS.
I feel like those insiders and press who just feed the hype culture with the shit like "wow, MS are about to drop megatons" or "gonna be insane/huge/best ever" letting people run wild with dream announcements are a bigger reason for disappointment around these shows than leaks usually.

Superman2x7

Banned
Nov 4, 2017
Solid B+ conference for me, but we needed at least 1 game on stage to blow us away. I truly still believe Gears is that game, it would of been great for them to show us an open level and the variety the game has now.

I did appreciate a ton of the games they revealed will be on Gamepass though.

Halo looked great but needed to see more of the ring world!

bcatwilly

Oct 27, 2017
I don't have the patience to sort through all of the negativity and such, but I really loved the conference. My only real disappointments were probably wanting a little better handling of Gears 5 (although it is the June IGN First and will be covered over the next months anyway) and having to wait a little longer to play Ori 2 (although I already have way too many games to play anyway). But it was not really logical to think that they would do a total next gen games blowout at this year's E3, and man I have no doubt that Project Scarlett is going to be a beast based on what they even shared today and their work with the X. Halo Infinite is going to be incredible as a launch title with that monster console for me. And honestly if you are a gamer and not taking advantage of Game Pass at this point then you are really missing out on the best part of this generation across the board IMO.

GamerDude

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I personally thought it was good.

There is a reason I started the tweet the way I did. I think one of the issues that I didn't forsee was the lack of gameplay. That was weird. Also I think the barrage of leaks, such as Elden Ring and other stuff took away some of the surprises from the conference.

Based on what we just watched, I think Ubisoft's conference will turn out better.

Silenti

May 29, 2018
So. In summary:
No shows - Fable, Perfect Dark and Forza (no Horizon/ Lego does not count)
No Gameplay - Cyberpunk, Gears, Halo Infinite
Ton of CGI that told us nothing. In some case, not even what kind of game it is.
Ninja Theory makes a PvP Brawler?
No xCloud details beyond remote play on the existing generation.
The barest, most useless information about the next gen. Not even an acknowledgement of the two tier approach. All they said was enough to quash some of the more outlandish rumors of Vega, "haha no SSD", etc. The die shot looked like the OneX. Tells us nothing if we do not know if it was OneX, Lockhart or Anaconda. Hell, I thought it was the OneX again.

The highlight of the show? A $180 elite controller. Game Pass Ultimate might be nice. Return of Flight Sim? If it was VR you might have got my attention a bit.

I so badly wanted MS to do well. All MS had to do was not screw up. They had the stage to themselves. I was cheering for MS. Now I feel like I am begging. I feel... trolled.

I guess on the plus side: Every year it seems I get more interested in Devolver Digital. Least they don't disappoint.

New Donker

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
I mean Sony hasn't shown anything really about PS5 eifher but you already made your choice regardless.

If all my PS4 games (And Ive bought a lot digitally) are going to be carried over, thats a huge start, no? This was a chance for MS to really sell people. Instead we got a lot of folks talking about possibilities on new hardware.

jamemax

Dec 12, 2018
Very disappointed. The only good thing was Keanu. PSO2 has been launched and already closed in my country since 2 years ago. :/

Sevvybgoode

Oct 29, 2017
In regards to Sony's 2015 conference turning out decent for Xbox owners - I don't understand.
I think some people think ff7remake is coming to Xbox. If it was it would have been at this conference. I think we will get a release window at the square conference (foolishly bet on release date in my ez allies card) and I don't think they would choose that to announce an Xbox version.

metalgear89

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
That's nice. Still haven't seen them. Still don't know what they'll look like. Come on, people.

I'm sorry, I'm not gonna award Sony anything on the basis of an assumption. Come on folks, saying "you'll see it eventually?" You were all just (rightfully) shutting down people saying "Microsoft is holding stuff back for next year"! I can't get excited for a sequel I know nothing about, or know that it'll be good just because it's Sony. There's too many factors in play.
Assumptions? Some of those are defintley coming and Sony have proven they are quality. They just released Spiderman end of last year, days gone just a month ago and they have death stranding coming out not to mention the great psvr games. Sony are already bringing the fire.

With ms people are hoping for stuff that probably doesn't exist.

Oct 25, 2017
Sweden
I'm confident that Microsoft hates not only gameplay but also game soundtracks.

Seriously, why does all MGS trailers have non-gaming music scores? I understand it in Forza Horizons case because that's what the soundtrack is, but why everything else too?

McScroggz

The Fallen
Jan 11, 2018
Honestly, saying Sony won without even being there ignores that Sony REALLY needs to give people an idea of what their future is after TLOU2. We know what the PS5 will be like to a degree, but as far as games outside of multiplatform titles, there's very little we know about Sony's future as a platform. And this is coming after 2017 and 2018's conferences were rather weak themselves.

You all have to be really drinking the KoolAid if you're willing to hand them a W when all we have to look forward to is some hardware details and titles we've known about for years.

So, I think there is a fundamental difference between Microsoft and Sony. Microsoft has been primarily built on the back of a few franchises: Halo, Gears of War, Forza, and Fable. Looking at the end of this generation and the start of next, it's unclear what to expect with the next generation other than likely continuing to iterate on those franchises (maybe not Fable). For a lot of people, and unfortunately I count myself among them, Halo and Gears just doesn't have the pull it used to. Obviously Microsoft will release more than just sequels to those games, but there isn't equity built up among gamers for quality and diverse exclusives (especially of the AAA variety).

That's the difference between them and Sony. Sure, Sony will have some sequels to long running franchises like God of War, but we expect their biggest studios to create new and exciting IP every generation. Sign just has a much better track record, to be blunt.

So if somebody is excited about owning the next Xbox it's primarily because they want to keep playing their favorite franchises. If somebody is exited about owning the next PlayStation, a lot of that enthusiasm is predicated I'm having a few go to games but also not knowing what crazy new game they will get.

Not saying Sony gets a W without showing up, but Microsoft actively needs to get people wanting to buy into their next generation. Sony already has done that with the games they released this generation.