• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 10726

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
ResetERA
Not as good as last year but I had a great time watching it. Loved the LEGO car and a lot of games they've shown were quite interesting.

My highlight is Spiritfarer since it seems like a game where you help spirits pass on to the afterlife, all with a cute artstyle and a hug interaction. Definitely gonna love this one and I already know it's gonna emotionally wreck me as well.

I do not buy Sony and Microsoft trying to convince me I could be playing games in 8K next year lmfao

I saw it more as simply having 8K output. I don't think we'll actually see 8K rendering soon but 8K output is nice so the TV doesn't have to do the image scaling.

Wise

Oct 27, 2017
It was never messaged that way. The rumors placed it on-par with the PS5 hardware which makes sense because they are both using the same vendor for CPU and GPU. The difference this time around will just come down to how they leverage the hardware and what memory / storage configuration they use.

Which is great news IMO. Leveling the playing field helps everyone.
I see. Yes I do agree with you that an equal playing field helps everyone

Oct 25, 2017
I'm sorry, showing up with CG teasers for Halo and Gears after showing them off last year is an E3 sin.

I'm sorry, that is fucked up. That Gears thing was stupid too.

5/10

I'm kinda pissed honestly, especially Gears 5.

Mingoguaya

Oct 30, 2017
The conference was a bit... underwhelming? I kept waiting for a Megaton that never came, and although I marked out like a motherfucker when I saw Keanu, everything else was just OK (except Flight Simulator, #sogorgeous 🤤)

I'm glad Scarlett is coming out on 2020. It gives me 1.5 yrs of X1X gaming, which I will pass over to my son when I get Scarlett and retire his One S to my bedroom.

disco_potato

Nov 16, 2017
Yeah, you might be right. I'm mostly speaking out of my ass because I feel Microsoft still resents the whole original PS4 and Xbone debacle, so I think they might try to one up Sony next gen at all costs, even if it means absorbing loses.
If I'm honest, I want them to be pretty equal in all hardware aspects. That means everyone gets the same experience when it comes to 3rd party titles, studios won't have to go out of their way to make products different across platforms. But 1st party studios will still wring out the crap out of their systems to show us that little extra.

DangerMouse

Oct 25, 2017
If Microsoft showed any sort of gameplay for most of these games I'd be shitting myself, but alas this was disappointing. Elden Ring had a lot of it's fire extinguisher because of the leak which sucks.
Yeah, people would be losing their minds over the initial moment of From and GRR Martin begin confirmed (after his blog post) had it not been leaked, but the hype would have also subsided to just theory making about how involved he'd be in the making of the game relatively quickly too once it was a quick CG trailer. Just like mostly happened at the Game Awards with the original Sekiro reveal.

Black_Stride

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
The new Gears 5 crimson omen looks amazing.
It should have always been like that.

Escape is effectively Gears Raids.

TyraZaurus

Nov 6, 2017
Also, crazy to think, we learned more from that weird Death Stranding trailer, than we did from a Halo trailer.

how many DS trailers that were weird and told people nothing came out, again? And people celebrated that fact?

Come on.

And Sony conferences show cinematic trailers just as much. Y'all are being super disingenuous. Hell, the E3 that everyone says was the greatest ever mostly relied on titles that were years away.

IIFloodyII

Oct 26, 2017
We learned its still a year and a half out from launch and launches with a brand new Xbox. They probably won't show anything meaningful off till either late this year or next year at tbe earliest.
I feel lik they should have just not shown a anything if all they had was an uneventful cutscene. Like just something like a shot of Chief at the end of that nothing Scarlett trailer would have been better.

BeeDog

Oct 26, 2017
One small thing that stood out is the Phil Spencer did not say that Scarlett will be the most powerfull console ever. They flaunted that all the time with the One X but now he said it's the most powerfull console they made, not just most powerfull ever.
Might be nothing, but it stood out to me.

The reason is because they need to be extremely careful with the language, lest it's considered false advertising.

PorscheDesign

Banned
Apr 16, 2019
One small thing that stood out is the Phil Spencer did not say that Scarlett will be the most powerfull console ever. They flaunted that all the time with the One X but now he said it's the most powerfull console they made, not just most powerfull ever.
Might be nothing, but it stood out to me.

It's because they don't know the specs PS5 yet to claim that, they can claim it next year when its all public

Pagoto93

Banned
Nov 3, 2017
Pretty poor. They don't have a lot to show from their 1st parties at the moment and completely botched the one game they did have, Gears.

3rd party showing was bare bones considering no Sony. Understandable though given next gen is coming.

Not enough gameplay and too many indies.

Worst news of all are the PS5 being more powerful rumours.

Still credit to them for actually turning up.

Deleted member 3897

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This conference was incredible.

- A stellar line-up of games including Japanese ones
- Elite Controller 2
- Studio Acquisition (Double Fine)
- Your Xbox will act as your own personal XCloud server meaning you can stream for free
- Scarlett reveal

That's a ton of great information to chew on in terms of games, hardware, and services. That's the best you can ask for in terms of a gaming conference.

I'd also like some gameplay. You know, the game actually being played.

Zok310

Oct 25, 2017
The presser was basically a youtube playlist of trailers.
MS, WTF? you had the stage to yourself this year.. cmon!

Pharaoh

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 27, 2017
That was the hype talking.

No man. They absolutely had to bring it, and they didn't. They fumbled on basic stuff like showing Gears 5 campaign (which looks amazing, going by the quick snippets they showed) and somehow they managed to show even less from Halo Infinite compared to last year. Also this was a bad show pace wise compared to last year's.

LuuKyK

Oct 29, 2017
Brazil
Gears 5 E3 2019 Trailer

giphy.gif

HAHAHAHAHAH OMG. Yeah that was hilariously bad.

Also the ground opening and having three "famous" players in a thematic dungeon to present the game was so unnecesssary/tacky.

HeWhoWalks

Jan 17, 2018
As I said on a previous post, tales of my ass.

I don't know, I just can't imagine Microsoft allowing Sony to get the upper hand again in hardware power.

I can see Anaconda being about 3TF more powerful than the PS5.

But again, massive tales from my ass, just based in that I see Microsoft as being more vindictive than Sony.

It isn't a matter of 'allowance'. What happens happens and nothing concrete points to anything in either direction.

EVIL

Senior Concept Artist
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
The keanu out of nowhere was a cool surprise, but man I expected a full Halo Infinite blowout and them pulling back on it and saving it for next year was a massive dissapointment. and due to the leaks the Elder Ring reveal had way less impact. especially since the trailer was far weaker then any From Soft trailers. heck even The original Sekiro tease got people speculating it to bits! This felt really bland. Def no Project Beast trailer

OutofMana

Oct 25, 2017
California
I don't really care what console is more powerful. It's a plus, sure, but I'm more interested in the games that they have. Like I stopped being a gears and halo fan a long time ago because of how much each iteration felt the same. Give me some new first party IPs.

Like I said earlier, the conference was fine. We probably won't see what their next gen lineup has to offer until next E3.

Kuro

Oct 25, 2017
The GDDR6 looks like its going to be ~620GB/s bandwidth. We can kind of determine TF using that number can't we? At least the range.

The-Demon

Alt account
Banned
Jun 7, 2019
Don't think we've seen much gameplay from it at all. But they still said you could preorder now.

I dunno, I guess technically with Game Pass they don't have to show as much of their games in advance anymore since you don't need to actually buy them to play them anymore. More seriously though, it was just pretty weird they didn't actually show Gears 5 gameplay.
I guess but shit i purchase my games and you know I wana see them....ive seen more footage of Death Stranding than Gears 5, now thats saying something

kpaadet

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Why they didn't show a gameplay demo of Gears 5's campaign baffles me, the conference sorely needed some uninterrupted gameplay.

Mercenary09

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
how many DS trailers that were weird and told people nothing came out, again? And people celebrated that fact?

Come on.

And Sony conferences show cinematic trailers just as much. Y'all are being super disingenuous. Hell, the E3 that everyone says was the greatest ever mostly relied on titles that were years away.
Hmmmm no. Games like God of War, Days Gone, Horizon: Zero Dawn, Spider-Man, etc all showed gameplay at their reveals. Gears 5 is 3 months out and Microsoft is still showing CG trailers.

mclem

Oct 25, 2017
FWDPnW4.jpg

No bingo, unless we count the MixPot as "freebies for audience"; that wasn't really what I intended when I wrote it.

IIFloodyII

Oct 26, 2017

Come on.

I had literally no problem with stuff years away, I actually much prefer knowing that stuff actually. But bad showing is a bad showing and doesn't help the game at all.

Mega1X

The Fallen
Jun 4, 2018
Hard to believe Sony beat Microsoft at E3 without even needing to turn up.

Oh god can you stop with this garbage narrative. We got to see some cool games coming soon. Sony didn't show up cause they are saving their stuff for next gen. Microsoft did the same thing but still wanted to show the stuff they are working on. Stop making this about a stupid plastic box war of who won the E3. The gamers are winners. Every year we win by watching the cool games coming to our consoles and see the fun amazing collaborations between different publishers and developers.

NLCPRESIDENT

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Midwest
Don't think we've seen much gameplay from it at all. But they still said you could preorder now.

I dunno, I guess technically with Game Pass they don't have to show as much of their games in advance anymore since you don't need to actually buy them to play them anymore. More seriously though, it was just pretty weird they didn't actually show Gears 5 gameplay.
Ign is showing gameplay now and looks garb.

Oct 31, 2017
Paris, France
Just the biggest Hit and Miss in Microsoft media briefing history. I mean, come on, they have a killer line-up and no gameplay, not even 20 fucking seconds of Gears campaign. Jeez… it's a shame because I found the presentation of the show amazing and loved that Gears 5 teaser and the Halo one. But I cannot help myself to think that someone swap the trailers with last year.

Last year we got a 5 minutes in engine trailer about the story of Gears 5 with some Gameplay, a reveal of Halo Infinite with huge landscapes and a ring to explore.

This year we have 30seconds of "this is kait torn appart, she's Myrah's grandaughter" and a random dude in a spaceship and "look it's 117 ! look a ring !" and it's over.

They swapped the years, no other explication.

PIMPBYBLUD

Oct 27, 2017
I'm not surprised at MS reiterating what Sony already stated as the specs of their new platform. It's a safe move even if they are not in first place. People hating on this conference but I respect MS for actually having a conference this year. It was a good show some things were boring, some were good and some were great surprises. I just love being a gamer. I have always owned all three major consoles in every gen. They all have their strength and weaknesses. I just want to play games and enjoy my life and that's what they all are providing.