• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

GoldenFlex

Alt Account
Banned
May 7, 2021
Cannot vouch for the quality, but if you want colored xbox controller buttons this seller on amazon has a good amount of options. Probably more on ebay too:

Think I will get the green set to go with the EVA01 controller

Edit: Some colored film too for the guide button:

Jan 4, 2018
My birthday was last week and my girlfriend got me a controller and I said "I wish the Design Lab was still around so I could personalize one."

Glad to see it return, but damn this timing.

Dega

Oct 25, 2017
Obligatory SNES/Famicom style:

5i8bB7q.png

o1321OH.png
That looks sweet. Tempted lol

oni-link

tag reference no one gets
Oct 25, 2017
UK
Do these ship to the UK? I can only seen to get a page with dollar prices

I guess they're a bit more expensive than standard controllers?

MouldyK

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Nov 1, 2017
Need more customisation for the front!

I wanted to be the Blue Ninja Turtle!

...still looking snazzy.

Aloy38

Jul 31, 2020
I really don't like the Series X controller, so I've stuck with my older One X controller which feels much more comfortable to me. I guess it'll need replacing eventually, so not looking forward to that day :(

EnronERA

Oct 25, 2017
I see im not the only one that got refunded.

Shame, i was looking forward to receiving my Macross-inspired beauty.

E4HA7S8X0AMyQ3j

AlmostMilk

Oct 27, 2017
Looks like the color fading on the front plate is gone as well. I almost bought a second one when they added that feature last time. I am really happy they brought this back though.

Goodacre0081

Oct 25, 2017
this is really cool but I can't get behind anything like this when controllers are almost guaranteed to develop problems.

MS should just allow people to buy these parts so they can DIY

Oct 27, 2017
FWIW I contacted MS support and they said they are aware of the issues with orders getting cancelled/refunded and are working to resolve. Suggested I try back in 1-2 hours.

MauroNL

What Are Ya' Buying?
Oct 26, 2017
The Netherlands
FYI

"You can place your Xbox Design Lab order now in the US, Canada and most Western European Countries for $69.99 USD, with optional laser engraving for an additional $9.99 USD. Each controller will be delivered within 14 business days of placing your order."
news.xbox.com

Xbox Design Lab is Back! Personalize Your Next-Gen Controller and Make It Yours - Xbox Wire

At Xbox, we believe that providing our fans with choice and opportunities to express themselves is a core part of our mission, empowering players to more closely connect with their gaming experience, express their personalities and individualism, and put their own unique stamp on their Xbox...

PepperedHam

Oct 27, 2017
Pennsylvania
FWIW I contacted MS support and they said they are aware of the issues with orders getting cancelled/refunded and are working to resolve. Suggested I try back in 1-2 hours.
This is great to know. I tried twice, once with help from support, and each time cancelled and refunded with two payment methods.

Did they say just to try with a brand new order after those 1-2 hours?

KeRaSh

I left my heart on Atropos
Oct 26, 2017
I love that Microsoft is providing such a service.
Everyone needs to copy this.
Once I get a SX I'll definitely get an extra custom controller.

Bugalugs214

Banned
Nov 26, 2017
Just a bit frustrating that they only have them in the most popular Xbox type countries.
Australia has controller paint too you know!

Oct 27, 2017
This is great to know. I tried twice, once with help from support, and each time cancelled and refunded with two payment methods.

Did they say just to try with a brand new order after those 1-2 hours?

Yeah, paraphrasing but support agent said web development team was already working on resolving the issue and suggested waiting 1-2 hrs before placing a new order. Also said they were planning on placing an order themselves once their shift was over lol

JigglesBunny

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
And I just spent $60 on a boring red controller yesterday after holding off on replacing my main pad for months.

Wonderful.

PepperedHam

Oct 27, 2017
Pennsylvania
Yeah, paraphrasing but support agent said web development team was already working on resolving the issue and suggested waiting 1-2 hrs before placing a new order. Also said they were planning on placing an order themselves once their shift was over lol
Ha, good to know. Appreciate the info. I was worried something was wrong with both my debit card and my PayPal. Always relieved to come here and see stuff is just fucked lol.