• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

shark97

Banned
Nov 7, 2017
User Banned (1 Month): Continued history of platform warring
june 24 no release in site, good luck with that.

what happened to the supposed june event ms postponed to show lockhart? disappeared. no longer discussed.

if it doesn't show at july 1st party showcase, and i think there's almost zero chance it will, call it.

I'm sure it exists and has existed. Is it a cloud solution, and is it releasing ever, or in 2020 etc? Those are the questions.

Either way it is a horrendous idea and will die instantly. 1080P LOLLOLOL. Who in the hell wants that. Never mind reality will be 900P if they're lucky, as 1440P/30 is already common on vastly more powerful PS5.

Xx 720

Nov 3, 2017
250 for this, 500 for XSX. I hated the thought of a lower spec machine but it makes sense as 500 would price out of the casual market.

Wereroku

Oct 27, 2017
Why would the memory amount be different? I'm really confused, I was told the only difference is the GPU and Lockhart wouldn't hold anything back besides resolution.
If they target only 1080 they would require less ram. However that does mean it will look worse then a series x or ps5 running on a 1080 TV. It shouldn't hold anything back. Just add additional work on devs.

TheFurizzlyBear

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
EbTFavsWAAIdHv-
Wouldn't Anaconda be Xbox One since Default would be Series X and Lockhart be "Series S"

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017

what happened to the supposed june event ms postponed to show lockhart? disappeared. no longer discussed.

if it doesn't show at july 1st party showcase, and i think there's almost zero chance it will, call it.
You are confusing different things. And mix official stuff with rumoured stuff.

DixieDean82

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I don't get the complaints about a lower spec machine. 3rd party devs have to optimize for weaker PC's is anyway.

denx

Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
Why would the memory amount be different? I'm really confused, I was told the only difference is the GPU and Lockhart wouldn't hold anything back besides resolution.
Because Lockhart won't need to hold 4k textures on memory, hence why it can get away with having less RAM.

Lukas Taves

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Brazil
Why does Lockhart need a profiler? Just lower the resolution. Isn't that the only thing developers need to do? That's what I've been told over and over again.
Are you seriously suggesting that they release the game without testing on all configurations?

Also how you know to which resolution to drop if you don't test? This thing is going to have games aiming at 1080p-1440p you know.

Bradbatross

Mar 17, 2018

I'm sure it exists and has existed. Is it a cloud solution, and is it releasing ever, or in 2020 etc? Those are the questions.

Either way it is a horrendous idea and will die instantly. 1080P LOLLOLOL. Who in the hell wants that. Never mind reality will be 900P if they're lucky, as 1440P/30 is already common on vastly more powerful PS5.
It'll probably be saved till after Sony announces the price of PS5. The whole point of this thing is the price, so they'll want the announcement to have the biggest impact possible.

TheFurizzlyBear

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
No, those are 3 different dev kits.
No I see that, I made a mistake and thought Anaconda was the orginal Xbox One codename (that was Durango) but I'm not sure why there would be 3 modes. The Xbox One X dev kit had two modes: Default (One X) and One S mode. The Scarlet has 3 modes: Default, Anaconda, Lockhart. Why the 3 modes if it's just Series X and Series S

Welfare

Prophet of Truth - You’re my Numberwall
Oct 26, 2017
There is no way Xbox lets Sony be the only one to have a cheaper digital only SKU, even though they themselves already sell a digital only Xbox One S.

Lockhart is absolutely happening. What an exciting generation this is going to be.

pg2g

Dec 18, 2018
You don't use RAM just for textures. There's a lot of more implications about less RAM. But, no reason to be concerned until we see actual specs.

I don't expect then to cut it in half, but wouldn't be surprised to see a couple GB come off. They should know what they are doing based on their experience with XB1/XB1X

shark97

Banned
Nov 7, 2017
There is no way Xbox lets Sony be the only one to have a cheaper digital only SKU, even though they themselves already sell a digital only Xbox One S.

Lockhart is absolutely happening. What an exciting generation this is going to be.

Completelyyyyy false equivalence.

That would be if MS takes the Disc drive out of the XSX and releases a no disc XSX, which 100% they will at some point of course.

It makes sense if DE PS5 was 4TF. PS5 DE is the same console.

Lukas Taves

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Brazil
No I see that, I made a mistake and thought Anaconda was the orginal Xbox One codename (that was Durango) but I'm not sure why there would be 3 modes. The Xbox One X dev kit had two modes: Default (One X) and One S mode. The Scarlet has 3 modes: Default, Anaconda, Lockhart. Why the 3 modes if it's just Series X and Series S
I think the 3 modes are full devkit specs (likely 4 extra CUs activated), Anaconda (52 CUs), Lockhart (whatever it ends up having).

The X devkit used to be similar, not sure why X mode is no longer present in it.

denx

Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
Lockhart/Series S: $250
Anaconda/Series X: $500

Makes sense.

CliveLH

Jun 22, 2019
I'm sure it'll look great in fall 2021 against $399 XSX.
I don't really think you can expect the XSX to drop by $100 in less than a year after launch. And even if that the case (big if), then the lockhart would also go down in price accordingly. Look at how much an Xbox One S All Digital cost right now compared to an Xbox One X.

Xx 720

Nov 3, 2017
If they can price it low enough - 199 - 250, it would be kind of perfect for families with younger kids, you could actually just get gamepass and never need to buy games for it.