• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
added information

Sota4077

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account.
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
As if there haven't been enough references to the console. Even the SDK makes references to the profiling modes:

Security researcher on Twitter known by TitleOS has offered a glimpse at the relevant sections, which refer to Lockhart's "Profiling mode," alongside an AnacondaProfiling mode, which refers to the more powerful Xbox Series X. The profiles likely refer to graphics tiers developers can target for the different spec levels. Lockhart is expected to be around 4TF, targeting 1080p, with Anaconda (the Xbox Series X) hitting 12TF.

www.windowscentral.com

Xbox Series 'S' 'Lockhart' appears in latest Xbox SDK documents

Security researcher TitleOS offers another glimpse at Lockhart.

Also a direct link to the Tweet.

xem

Oct 31, 2017
cant wait to see the price of this thing. should be a decent value for 2nd console or entry level

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
Direct tweet

EbTFVJTXgAI0TZy

EbTFavsWAAIdHv-

DixieDean82

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
MS, just show the dam thing off already.

Holding back this news for so long has been a mistake. So many leaks about it. We even know the specs.

I'm waiting for a picture of it to leak next.

DopeyFish

Oct 25, 2017
my question is why are they being so secretive with it

the only perspective that makes sense for someone not wanting this to exist is purely from a market share perspective

at relative resolutions, it's more powerful than PS5 and XSX since it's at worst 3:1 (to XSX)

hanmik

Editor/Writer at Popaco.dk
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
Lockhard profiling mode.
GPU may fail in Lockhart mode...

Lockhart will lock hard.. what is the real name?

DopeyFish

Oct 25, 2017
So does that confirm that Lockhart will have less ram as well?

well it's to be expected as textures won't need to be as high res

also with SSD subsystem expected to be identical, they can actually be more aggressive with PRT loading and whatever because a decrease by 75% in texture size turns into a 4x increase in I/O perf

Gestault

Oct 26, 2017
The "Lockhard" typo is pretty funny.

Nah, reasonable people would be pretty happy seeing a system that only needs to push 1/4 the resolution, but still scales at ~1/3 the power of the Series X, as a value-priced option. This isn't going to split development efforts, appears to already be profiled in the dev tools, and you can happily skip if you prefer the 4K+ target of the higher-end system.

As much as I hate Digital-Only, I could see buying one of these strictly as a Gamepass box.

My house is set up to take advantage of a few redundant systems, and if Lockhart is priced right, I'll be aiming for it on top of a Series X, assuming the right things fall into place.