• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Rosebud

Two Pieces
Apr 16, 2018
Well that's much better than nothing and nice of them if true.

But I would say that being day 1 on GP is already an unbeatable advantage lol

Kaeden

Oct 25, 2017
US
Jesus Christ it's not rocket science people- games that have already been slated to come out for PS4/5/Switch will still be coming out on those systems.

FUTURE games, ones that are currently just started development or still in the planning stages will most definitely be Xbox exclusive.
And yet nothing official has been stated to support this so while you are very confident this is how it will be, why do you imply it's guaranteed?

Beef Supreme

Oct 25, 2017
Please make this stop. Starfield....Xbox exclusive. Elder Scrolls.....Xbox Exclusive. Now start saying them over and over until you come with the grips that all system selling games from Bethesda will be Xbox exclusive. I will take a permaban if I'm wrong. Yes, you can bookmark this. Yes, you can send this to the mods. ANYTHING to make this madness stop.

Dennis8K

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It will run locked 720p@14fps on PS5.

Skyrim-level Sony performance!

"It was designed for Xbox, whatcha gonna do?"

LilScooby77

Dec 11, 2019
Yeah still expecting everything to be full exclusive. These comments are meaningless until the company is fully a part of Xbox.

DopeyFish

Oct 25, 2017
And yet nothing official has been stated to support this so while you are very confident this is how it will be, why do you imply it's guaranteed?

they can't announce exclusivity until the deal is closed otherwise it would be a crime. also it would open them up for damages from bethesda if for some reason the deal doesn't close. (which isn't likely)

iareharSon

Oct 30, 2017
I wouldn't expect anything other than overwhelming pure exclusivity for Bethesda games on Xbox. Microsoft could have spent a hell of a lot less money to secure a decade agreement with Bethesda for Game Pass guarantees, Xbox lead platforms, timed exclusivity, and exclusive content for their library of games.

Ra

Rap Genius
Oct 27, 2017
Dark Space
Jesus Christ it's not rocket science people- games that have already been slated to come out for PS4/5/Switch will still be coming out on those systems.

FUTURE games, ones that are currently just started development or still in the planning stages will most definitely be Xbox exclusive.
His repeated focus on "first, better, best" applies directly to games with unannounced platforms though. That's clearly speaking to a plan for games not being exclusive, while still being leveraged to provide maximum value to the Xbox brand and platform.

We'll have to wait and see how this unfolds.

Adrifi

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Jan 5, 2019
the Spanish Basque Country
Have you seen what Todd Howard has said in his latest interview? He goes for half an hour talking about how Morrowind was Xbox exclusive and Oblivion had a great partnership with the 360 and all... Guess what he's hinting at. He can't say "Yes, they will be exclusive" until the deal is legally complete but it's clear to me.

RowdyReverb

Oct 25, 2017
Austin, TX
I still believe that if they launch games on non-Microsoft platforms, it will somehow have ways of luring customers into the Xbox ecosystem. Even just requiring a Microsoft/Xbox account to play the next TES would be a win in their book I'm sure.
Maybe they would enable cross-saves between PS5 and XCloud to get players to try it out?

cw_sasuke

Oct 27, 2017
Reads as Switch/PS owners financing the games being free on GamePass in a weird way....it makes sense for MS lol. Getting that Game Passes sub money and ESVI selling +10m on other platform.

platocplx

2020 Member Elect
Oct 30, 2017
Yeah if they do go down the timed exclusive route 18-24 months would probably mean most mega fans would have picked up an Xbox or bought the game on PC. Less than 12 months wouldn't make much sense.

Also, as both the platform holder and owner of the games Xbox wouldn't even need to announce it as timed exclusive, just release to Xbox/PC and then announce for other platforms way down the line (bit like Sony with the HZD PC announcement).

I still think a reasonable number of games will end up full exclusives but guess we will all find out the next couple years.
Yep agreed, but def imo being platform agnostic but with perks for people under the Xbox Monkier is def by far the maximum about of income they could get with the deal. Even sonly with limited PC releases where it makes sense works For them too. Def will be interesting to see how this all plays out.

UnsungKing

Dec 31, 2019
This is not a definitive answer yet again. "One way or another"? I don't think anyone can predict it right now. My thoughts, if Microsoft feels the need to gain more subs then they'll make it exclusive if not then it'll be on gamepass a year or so before anyone else.

Kaeden

Oct 25, 2017
US
they can't announce exclusivity until the deal is closed otherwise it would be a crime. also it would open them up for damages from bethesda if for some reason the deal doesn't close. (which isn't likely)
What crime would be committed? I just see so many assumptions with absolutely no basis for them. Please enlighten me, I wanna learn!!

Damn Silly

Oct 25, 2017
I mean, I wouldn't take anything as confirmed until the sale is finalised, but it's a strategy (one of many) that could make sense. Xbox (and PC) first, then Switch after a year (which they could still easily claim as the 'best' with regards to power and the like) and then after a couple of years the PS5 version which for stuff like Fallout and Elder Scrolls would definitely still get plenty of folks.

Oct 27, 2017
His repeated focus on "first, better, best" applies directly to games with unannounced platforms though. That's clearly speaking to a plan for games not being exclusive, while still being leveraged to provide maximum value to the Xbox brand and platform.
Fallout 76 continued content won't be exclusive, it'll prob be timed for Xbox etc. same with if they decide to do DLC for deathloop or ghostwrite

JasonV

Oct 25, 2017
No way they'd spend billions on Bethesda and not keep it from Sony & Nintendo. Unless its a very old release like Skyrim getting ported years and years later.

I hope its true- but I'm really skeptical.

DopeyFish

Oct 25, 2017
What crime would be committed? I just see so many assumptions with absolutely no basis for them. Please enlighten me, I wanna learn!!

because they'd be dictating a company that's not under their umbrella.

that's anti-competitive because at every moment up until closure they are still competitors.

BourbonAFC

Oct 26, 2017
I don't think it's impossible Starfield, ES6, and Fallout 5 will appear on Playstation. Maybe a year later or minus exclusive content. However I think it's just as likely, or maybe even more likely, they'll be exclusive to Xbox and PC. I don't think we'll know for sure until the acquisition is complete. ESO and Fallout 76 will definitely be on PS5.

Whatever happens, by the time Starfield releases I'll probably have a new PC or a Series X, so I'll be good.

Alexandros

Oct 26, 2017
Please make this stop. Starfield....Xbox exclusive. Elder Scrolls.....Xbox Exclusive. Now start saying them over and over until you come with the grips that all system selling games from Bethesda will be Xbox exclusive. I will take a permaban if I'm wrong. Yes, you can bookmark this. Yes, you can send this to the mods. ANYTHING to make this madness stop.

They might be, but until these games are released it's reasonable to read these statements as leaving the window open. For the record I agree with you but right now this is what we have to go on.

Deleted member 10737

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
i'd be happy to see bethesda's occasional switch support continue, but honestly i don't take anything either party (MS or beth) say seriously before the acquisition is finalized. we'll see the actual plans being hinted at then. my gut feeling is that they'll be fully integrated into xgs and their games will be xbox/pc only.

Typhoon20

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Does the CFO have any say in this at all? Deal hasn't even been finalized.

But if games come to PS5 as well then there's no need to get gamepass.

Oct 30, 2017
I don't think I'd want to buy certain Bethesda games on a Sony system. Delayed or not.

I could see the games getting less support and follow up content over time.

I'll be upgrading my PC in a few years and I'll be looking to play certain multiplats and Bethesda games there.

BaileyBLM

Alt-Account
Banned
Aug 25, 2020
People saying this is a vague statement that doesn't say anything....
"I suspect you'll continue to see us shift towards a first or better or best approach on our platforms."

That seems pretty clear

Ra

Rap Genius
Oct 27, 2017
Dark Space
No way they'd spend billions on Bethesda and not keep it from Sony & Nintendo. Unless its a very old release like Skyrim getting ported years and years later.

I hope its true- but I'm really skeptical.
The fastest way to make that billions is to make games available to hundreds of millions.

People saying this is a vague statement that doesn't say anything....
"I suspect you'll continue to see us shift towards a first or better or best approach on our platforms."

That seems pretty clear
That is what I see as well. He wasn't at all ambiguous in his statements on the future strategy.