• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 57361

User requested account closure
Banned
Jun 2, 2019
Honestly, I see many people talking like this was only a Brazil issue, but the fact is that Xbox as a whole has a history of giving stage and interact with these console warriors.

Two weeks ago, Aaron Greenberg was in Dealer Gaming podcast with TimDog and Colteastwood, two very well known console warriors. And who's Dealer? You can check here: https://www.resetera.com/threads/mi...a-responds-see-threadmark-wasnt-aware.132370/

Won't post the link but you can find it on Youtube.

Cess007

Oct 27, 2017
B.C., Mexico
JFC there are people defending this, because of course so.

To be honest, I expected worse replies to these tweet, but yeah, there's still some shitty answer there

I got surprised that some people are using fake translated tweets that acuse PS fans of the "real" harassment. Wtf, this is something I expect in politics, not videogames.

Didn't that also happen in the other guy Mil Grau? He tried to argue that the attack to him came from PS fans

DDrift

Jun 9, 2019
So the guy behind the Xbox brand in Brazil, is praising a fan-art done by one of the members of the "Mil Grau" group. XboxBR is rotten to the core.

Dec 4, 2017
Brazil
To keep it short, a football club (Santos) hired a player back (Robinho) a few days ago. Except he is was convict of rape in Italy (from 2013) and a lot of people here were dismissing it. But today a journalist had access to a transcript of a conversation between him and a friend and the things they say about the rape are awful and leaves little doubt that he and four more people sexually assaulted a girl. And so there was a lot of movment in social media and on television and just a couple hours ago the club let him go.
Fuck, I was reading about it, now he blames "globo" because they want attention "just like when they attack bolsonaro"

linhost

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
If anyone here works in PR - do your companies have any policies on things like this?

Like, do they have special insurance or anything that would protect you from harm while you are working for them etc?
Here in the states there is "workers comp" but I don't know if that covers items like this.

balgajo

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Saw this on a whatsapp friend group and came to see if there was a thread on this.

Oliver James

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Something needs to be done. I can't imagine how the conversation went when they let her go. We're doing this for you, not for us? Good grief.

gabegabe

Jul 5, 2018
Brazil
So the guy behind the Xbox brand in Brazil, is praising a fan-art done by one of the members of the "Mil Grau" group. XboxBR is rotten to the core.

And Aaron Greenberg replied to the member of Mil Grau with green hearts.

Edit: Just to clarify: I'm just saying that things like that fuels their attitudes, but not blaming Aaron. He probably have no idea who is he.

Landford

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
All the xbox ecosystem in Brasil is tainted. Microsoft would need to do a major overhaul to clean things here and probably years to reshape the brand identity.
They wont. There will at most a token firing.

MechaJackie

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
Xbox company as a whole has been ignoring the issues with the XboxBR team for years now, they didn't do nearly enough last time with Mil Grau, they have to clean house at XboxBR and take a clear stance regarding these issues here.
Another empty tweet and some bare minimum enforcement like last time is going to be insulting.

OP
OP
Marossi

Marossi

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Hopefully calls are heading out now from the United States branch to clean this shit.

Empty words won't do it this time, second time a PR disaster in less than 6 months from Xbox BR is worth of firing the entire division management.

DDrift

Jun 9, 2019
All the xbox ecosystem in Brasil is tainted. Microsoft would need to do a major overhaul to clean things here and probably years to reshape the brand identity.
They wont. There will at most a token firing.

100% agree, and yes Brazil is an important market, our economy is fucked right now, a series X costs $850+ and people are buying a lot of them (it is sold out on Amazon).

Teamocil

Oct 25, 2017
Honestly, I see many people talking like this was only a Brazil issue, but the fact is that Xbox as a whole has a history of giving stage and interact with these console warriors.

Two weeks ago, Aaron Greenberg was in Dealer Gaming podcast with TimDog and Colteastwood, two very well known console warriors. And who's Dealer? You can check here: https://www.resetera.com/threads/mi...a-responds-see-threadmark-wasnt-aware.132370/

Won't post the link but you can find it on Youtube.
console warring and literal rape and death threats are not the same thing dude lol. tone it down. this is much more serious than "PS5 sux lololol" shit

ODD

Oct 25, 2017
Yes, brazilian gamer culture is heavily alt right leaning - I really mean it, far alt right, people from left political orientation is the minority - something that has developed here throughout the years because people from the left see gaming as a children's passtime in general.

You'll find the same amount of bigotry amongst other platform's communities. The HUGE difference is that none of them engaged and fostered far right ideologies, bigotry and hate for years and years as Xbox BR has done.
I don't think that that's the case. Here in Brazil gaming is an expensive hobby, accessible by a few. Being wealthy normally implies being white and right wing, but there's also this narrative that gaming in Brazil is expensive because of high taxes (because who cares about public schools and free health care? Video games are more important, right?), so this ideology of free markets and right wing neoliberal propaganda are usually huge on gaming communities. Another thing is that, as you said, gamers were always seen as childish and weirdos and nerds, so there's a lot of anger boiling deep down within the gaming community. With the ascension of Bolsonaro (and his homophobic, sexist and racist remarks) came the "Chicago Boy" the gamer community always dreamed for; Paulo Guedes, Bolsonaro's minister of Economy and promoter of free markets, less taxes, etc. So the Brazilian gaming community jump aboard this brakeless train. They were historically marginalized, but let's not forget that this is mostly the children of white wealthy families; that they felt empowered by this government, and they think that this toxic behavior is cool.

Deleted member 57361

Banned
Jun 2, 2019
console warring and literal rape and death threats are not the same thing dude lol. tone it down. this is much more serious than "PS5 sux lololol" shit
You do realize Mil Grau started the same way right? I'm talking about interacting and giving these kind of people a relevance in their community. Today is "Ps5 suxx", tomorrow is this kind of shit. Also, you should click in the thread I linked to see Dealer is not too far from Mil Grau.

Deleted member 2840

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Here in Brazil gaming is an expensive hobby, accessible by a few
eh, that's more like "console gaming" is an expensive hobby in general. PC gaming on the other hand is way more encompassing for all kinds of economic realities, especially with things like Lan Houses and F2P games.
Not that the rest of your post in wrong though, as PC Gaming in Brazil is ALSO filled with bigoted fuckers. Sadly, those people come from poor families to the ultra rich, so their economic situation doesn't really have a link to them being sexist, racist trash people. Believe me, I've seen as many rape "jokes" from gamers that rely on Bolsa Familia as from people that have 10k PCs, so sadly, no, I don't think these are just the "children of white wealthy families" that foster this kind of toxic mentality in the gaming scene in Brazil.

Karateka

Oct 28, 2017
You do realize Mil Grau started the same way right? I'm talking about interacting and giving these kind of people a relevance in their community. Today is "Ps5 suxx", tomorrow is this kind of shit. Also, you should click in the thread I linked to see Dealer is not too far from Mil Grau.
Uhh... Pretty big leap to say someone will be a racist/sexist because they are a console fanboy one way or the other...

Yuuber

Oct 28, 2017
This is so twisted. They fired her to ... protect her? BS. MS global management ha got to step up.

XBox Brazil community is the most toxic gaming community I've ever seen. You guys have no idea the kind of stuff that happens on Xbox related groups on Facebook and Discord. I had to leave all thise places cause it was just disgusting to a level I cannot even talk about.

Tell me about it. The forums and communities you can find are all Bolsonaro lovers and dismiss Human Rights on a daily basis. Outerspace and VgBr spring to mind.

Platy

Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
She got lots of harassment BECAUSE of the time Xbox allowed toxic shit like Mil Grau to rise.

And her being fired is basically them saying "stand down and stand by" to the same toxic fanbase.

RdN

Oct 31, 2017
Xbox Brazil is incredibly, almost unbelievable, incompetent in every facet of what they do.

They are botching the local launch of the console, keeping customers in the dark. Believe it or not, even though pre orders are open, and going for $850, there is still no launch date.

If that's not enough, as you can see by the tweet posted above, the local Xbox manager, Bruno Lobo Motta, is completely tone def. The guy seems to live in a parallel reality.

People have already said it here, but Microsoft needs to clean house in Brazil. Start over the Xbox branch in the country. Right now, it's rotten to the core.

Deleted member 57361

Banned
Jun 2, 2019
Uhh... Pretty big leap to say someone will be a racist/sexist because they are a console fanboy one way or the other...
Jesus Christ, is so difficult to understand that this is a top tier guy at Xbox interacting with people that bring nothing good into any community? Are you also ignoring the guy is homophobic?

Minthara

Freelance Market Director
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Montreal
This is absolutely disgusting and shame on every part of Microsoft that failed to protect their employee here.

Just FYI - but Dealer is a well-known homophobe, among other things.

Blackbird

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
I can't believe we're dealing with something on this caliber again, so close to the whole Mil Grau fiasco.

This shit is simply rotten.

IzzyRX

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
Xbox brazilian influencers are deadly silent. Not even a single retweet.
I mean, it's one of them being attacked, I believed that they would show at least some solidarity.

Deleted member 78123

Banned
Aug 16, 2020

You know what you're doing is wrong. For all we know the guy retweeted an Xbox fan, the only thing that ties the picture to the member of Mil Grau is a small watermark that could easily be missed. Also, we can't possible know the envolvement of Bruno in Isadora's situation, so we cant blame him for that either. This situation sucks, but don't try to start something that could harm someone without evidence.

NoName999

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
No matter the country, "gamers are trash" is a universally understood sentence.

RdN

Oct 31, 2017
One more thing that is worth noting: local gaming "journalists" will not report on this simply because they are afraid of being cut out by Microsoft Brazil and lose access to previews, reviews, etc.

Deleted member 17184

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
ge (Globo Esporte) has an article about this, too. It's blowing up, and I expect new developments next week at the latest.

Trilobite

Banned
Dec 15, 2017
Yeah this sounds awful! Why would Microsoft come to that conclusion?
I thought the whole "there are no girls on the Internet" was funny in the 90s when I was a prebusesent boy and did not know better, Today not so much.
From what I read it screams victim blaming.

Yuck.

OP
OP
Marossi

Marossi

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I agree with you about Mil Grau, but Isadora herself said it was "global team" decision.
According to her, she was given the explanation that there was a orientation from Xbox Global team of not having anyone susceptible to harassments as the face of the brand. That could be anything. Xbox Global could've meant "No controversial picks" and Xbox Brasil twisted it to their own vision of "controversial".

Remember, this was the reasoning given by the Xbox Brasil team. I would take it with grains of salt.

Dreazy

Oct 25, 2018
He does the same with Tim Dog and such. And I think he knows who that one is.

Tim dog is a fanboy at worst, there's many timdogs on this very site, but comparing that to rape an death threats ? yall really reaching with these comparisons now lol. As for Xbox Brasil it seems like they might need to just hit the restart button, if its as bad as im seeing everyone from Brazil saying it is.