• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Lua

Aug 9, 2018
And as always the love for brands and corporations will promp people to come here try to hand wave this in any way possible. Microsoft is responsible for who they appoint as managers of a region,if they do shit like this then they also have to carry the blame, it is either incompetence or aphaty,and i live here and know it is the latter, because this was reported several times and they did nothing.

Stop running to defend your favorite company and think about what that girl suffered for a bit.

Deleted member 1238

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
"Hey I see you're being harassed, so we decided to fire you so you won't be harassed anymore"

yeah, that makes sense. wtf.

rsfour

Oct 26, 2017
This is some garbage fucking decision making. The wrong people are being punished here.

MonadL

Oct 25, 2017
So the logic is literally "Can't get harassed at your job if you don't have a job *thinking.gif*" I see.

All you can do is fucking laugh

score01

Oct 27, 2017
This industry and gaming continues to be shitty. Humanity really is doomed. Internet anonymity has a lot to answer for.

Tbm24

Oct 25, 2017
And as always the love for brands and corporations will promp people to come here try to hand wave this in any way possible. Microsoft is responsible for who they appoint as managers of a region,if they do shit like this then they also have to carry the blame, it is either incompetence or aphaty,and i live here and know it is the latter, because this was reported several times and they did nothing.

Stop running to defend your favorite company and think about what that girl suffered for a bit.
Been reading through this thread from the OP to hear and I actually don't think I've seen a single poster do this?

Uzupedro

Banned
May 16, 2020
Rio de Janeiro
The misogynistic behavior by the people who said these disgusting things to her is moved by, I'm being serious, her Gamerscore, this and the fact that she used to be a PS player a few years ago.

Honestly I don't know what it needs to be done with these people.

Last edited:

zer0_X

Alt-Account
Banned
Apr 23, 2020
The Xbox community in Brazil is known for having serious alt right issues, having protected a racist far right icon for years and linking his own image to Xbox.
The firing of this presenter was absolutely garbage and handled in the worst possible manner - even if there were quality issues over her work.

Oct 27, 2017
if they really fired her for that, This needs to be blasted to the type of Microsoft. They absolutely should fire everyone who signed off on that idea and should've stood by her and the content she was going to make promoting their platform. I genuinely cannot believe this is something a major company can get away with in 2020

Lua

Aug 9, 2018
Been reading through this thread from the OP to hear and I actually don't think I've seen a single poster do this?
A few posts above mine there were people trying to imply this was an xbox brasil problem,not xbox or microsoft in general. And when they do that, they are trying to separate the problem from the lack of action and aphaty that the company has show towards our region for years.

AlexFlame116

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Nov 17, 2017
Utah
This is absolutely bs coming from both Xbox BR and the higher ups who decided that firing her would be the solution. Like what the hell?! And of course its all thanks to scum of the Earth Mil Grau. He and all his goons that spread garbage.

Zeroth

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
"Hey I see you're being harassed, so we decided to fire you so you won't be harassed anymore"

yeah, that makes sense. wtf.
It's more that they decided that having her associated with the brand is more damaging than keeping her. Or at least that's the angle I got from her interview.

Praedyth

Feb 25, 2020
Brazil
Let me tell what will happen very soon:

First, someone big from Microsoft/Xbox will come and say "we are against everything she suffered" and "we'll look into the Xbox Brazil leadership so situations like that will never happen again" and "we are 100% committed to make things right". Era and everyone will rejoice. Fast forward some months and the same shit will happen again, and again, and again. Microsoft got away with just an statement on the Xbox Mil Grau situation but this time it needs a purge, people need to be fired because this is a problem deep inside the company here. Fuck it, it's the ONLY of the big three with a REAL PRESENCE here. The fucking ONLY. PS and Nintendo just keep social media updated from time to time, but Xbox is the only one engaging with its community. How hard is it to promote a good behavior in the community? How hard is to fight against this type of bullshit that happens time and time again?

I don't even know what to say, at the beginning I thought this was a problem with the company that handles the Xbox marketing here but they do marketing for Ubisoft too and it's almost perfect. Brazillians fucking love Ubisoft's marketing. This is a problem within Microsoft and I hope this time they'll take real action.

Karateka

Oct 28, 2017
Fire em. Fire em all.
Afaik xbox is only popular down there because of the competitive prices. If you fire the alt right turds running the show the prices will still be good. Most will not care enough to switch and the ones that do can get bent because you dont need that support anyways.

Oct 27, 2017
The misogynistic behavior by the people who said these disgusting things to her is moved by, I'm being seriously, her Gamerscore, this and the fact that she used to be a PS player a few years ago.

Honestly I don't know what it needs to be done with these people.
I think it has nothing to do with that. I doubt they even care. Videogames is just the shield they use to harass people. If it wasn't that, it would be her favorite sports team, the phone she uses or any other stupid shit.

MechaJackie

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
Let me tell what will happen very soon:

First, someone big from Microsoft/Xbox will come and say "we are against everything she suffered" and "we'll look into the Xbox Brazil leadership so situations like that will never happen again" and "we are 100% committed to make things right". Era and everyone will rejoice. Fast forward some months and the same shit will happen again, and again, and again. Microsoft got away with just an statement on the Xbox Mil Grau situation but this time it needs a purge, people need to be fired because this is a problem deep inside the company here. Fuck it, it's the ONLY of the big three with a REAL PRESENCE here. The fucking ONLY. PS and Nintendo just keep social media updated from time to time, but Xbox is the only one engaging with its community. How hard is it to promote a good behavior in the community? How hard is to fight against this type of bullshit that happens time and time again?

I don't even know what to say, at the beginning I thought this was a problem with the company that handles the Xbox marketing here but they do marketing for Ubisoft too and it's almost perfect. Brazillians fucking love Ubisoft's marketing. This is a problem within Microsoft and I hope this time they'll take real action.
This! The situation is extremely infuriating, Microsoft/Xbox has to act and clean XboxBR up and they need to do it as soon as possible.

Fire em. Fire em all.
Afaik xbox is only popular down there because of the competitive prices. If you fire the alt right turds running the show the prices will still be good. Most will not care enough to switch and the ones that do can get bent because you dont need that support anyways.
Also this, they have nothing to lose, Xbox will do well enough here thanks to competitive prices through Gamepass and such, fire the people responsible for this decision.

FormatCompatible

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017

SofNascimento

cursed
Oct 28, 2017
São Paulo - Brazil
After everything that happened today here in Brazil and now this. I hope Microsoft get a grip and deal with this soon. It must be awesome to get a job like this and being let go because someone else doesn't want to deal with the harassement you suffer is unjustifiable.

Phellps

Oct 25, 2017
This is the most absolutely backwards decision they could've possibly made. Those fuckers that harassed her must be real happy she's gone now.

Thanks, Microsoft!

SofNascimento

cursed
Oct 28, 2017
São Paulo - Brazil
What else happened my god? We just can't take a break

To keep it short, a football club (Santos) hired a player back (Robinho) a few days ago. Except he is was convict of rape in Italy (from 2013) and a lot of people here were dismissing it. But today a journalist had access to a transcript of a conversation between him and a friend and the things they say about the rape are awful and leaves little doubt that he and four more people sexually assaulted a girl. And so there was a lot of movment in social media and on television and just a couple hours ago the club let him go.

IIFloodyII

Oct 26, 2017
Absolutely fucked, now those sad fucks are just going to harass and threaten anyone they don't like even more, because MS just told them it'll work. I hope she moves on to bigger and better things, where she won't be thrown under the bus for getting harassed.