• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 57361

User requested account closure
Banned
Jun 2, 2019
Xbox didn't cultivate nothing. As soon as those racist remarks came to their attention they cut their ties with Mil Grau.
The did cultivate. They only did something about them because US media caught this. Mil Grau always did the same shit, since the Xbox One launch, got passes, meat Phil Spencer, etc. They knew they were worthless fanboys. Stop trying to make Xbox leadership looks like a victim here. They aren't.

MechaJackie

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
Xbox didn't cultivate nothing.
You just gonna blatantly lie like that? When there's proof IN THIS THREAD, of you being wrong?
Mil Grau had been sued and was being sued for his behaviour while still being supported by XboxBR (and therefore, Xbox as whole), they were painfully aware of MilGrau racist, misogynistic and LGBTQphobic behaviour and still supported them.

Edit:
www.windowsclub.com.br

Processos da mídia contra o Xbox Mil Grau avançam - Windows Club

Fogo no parquinho! Bem, nós já comentamos aqui no Windows Club o famoso caso em que boa parta da mídia […]

This one was an ongoing case that ended on 2020, but started in 2017.
viciados.net

Xbox Mil Grau condenado a pagar Voxel em processo

Tanto a Voxel, como o criador de conteúdo, ainda não comentaram o resultado do processo.

catboy

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Xbox didn't cultivate nothing. As soon as those racist remarks came to their attention they cut their ties with Mil Grau.

I mean it sucks that they fired the girls because of assholes but what people wanted them to do? They keep the girl she continues to receive threats, they fire and people say they should find another way. It's a lose lose situation.
why not
  • not fire her
  • provide her with mental support
  • publicly disavow harassment and refuse to engage with any influencers that are part of it

OP
OP
Marossi

Marossi

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It only took *check notes* almost an entire generation, having the story be picked up by major outlets in the US, pressuring the fuck out of Microsoft for them to officially cut ties with them.

Also, guess who's celebrating the dismission of Isadora? Yeah, you know very well who.

But yeah, no way they are cultivating this, nope, nuh uh. It's just a happy coincidence.

chromatic9

Oct 25, 2017
Maybe, maybe not, only thing we know for a fact that changed is that they fired the employee that was being harassed, otherwise they only say that they're "focusing more on Xbox Wire". Yesterday all the other XboxBR social media accounts got back to posting like nothing happened.

Oh so not even that.

What a sad situation. I guess MS will just be hoping this will be forgotten about globally and to avoid rocking any boats in Brazil

Oct 25, 2017
Silicon Valley
I've heard things from friends who have worked with MS, but it never seemed quite as bad as it does with Xbox Brazil.

Insane to think that on this side of the planet Sony, MS, and Nintendo can stand with BLM and human rights, but in this part of the world they fire someone who was getting such despicable harassment and threats to "protect them" and then deny it had anything to do with it, essentially calling her a liar.

GROSS

I mean it sucks that they fired the girls because of assholes but what people wanted them to do? They keep the girl she continues to receive threats, they fire and people say they should find another way. It's a lose lose situation.
What is this revisionist BS? Are you claiming they had NO IDEA about the behavior of Mil Grau for the last 6+ years? Is this a troll post?

Redbarrel

Sep 10, 2020
The did cultivate. They only did something about them because US media caught this. Mil Grau always did the same shit, since the Xbox One launch, got passes, meat Phil Spencer, etc. They knew they were worthless fanboys. Stop trying to make Xbox leadership looks like a victim here. They aren't.
You just gonna blatantly lie like that? When there's proof IN THIS THREAD, of you being wrong?
Mil Grau had been sued and was being sued for his behaviour while still being supported by XboxBR (and therefore, Xbox as whole), they were painfully aware of MilGrau racist, misogynistic and LGBTQphobic behaviour and still supported them.

Edit:
www.windowsclub.com.br

Processos da mídia contra o Xbox Mil Grau avançam - Windows Club

Fogo no parquinho! Bem, nós já comentamos aqui no Windows Club o famoso caso em que boa parta da mídia […]

They always were stupid fanboys yes, but not racists. It's stupid but not a crime to be a fanboy. I just think people are exaggerating saying that they endorse racism or cultivated this.

SoundCheck

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017

This is wrong. For years, XBOX brasil promoted Mil Grau on social media, gifting consoles to them and inviting them to events. They always used racist, xenophobic and homophobic rethoric and XBOX brasil did nothing. They always harassed journalists and XBOX did nothing. They joked about Marielle Franco murder and XBOX did nothing. Brazilian gaming communities are hell on earth partly because XBox actively promoted these nazis.

Deleted member 57361

Banned
Jun 2, 2019
They always were stupid fanboys yes, but not racists. It's stupid but not a crime to be a fanboy. I just think people are exaggerating saying that they endorse racism or cultivated this.
If you keep giving stage to fanboys like this, is only a matter of time to shit stuff like this happens. Dude literally became the face of Xbox here in Brazil because of that.

Minthara

Freelance Market Director
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Montreal

Huh? It took the Xbox team years to do something about Mil Grau, unless you want to pretend to live in a world where their team wasn't vetting people at all, which I find hard to believe.

They only acted on Mil Grau because it became an international story they couldn't ignore.

Apathy

Oct 25, 2017

That's some hardcore victim blaming bro. Yeah, ms totally doing the right thing to stop her harassment, they are really the good guys here 🙄

Redbarrel

Sep 10, 2020
You literally said they weren't racists and just "stupid fanboys".
I meant Xbox Brasil couldn't know those assholes would start to say racist shit before they did. I would never defend those people. The whole point is that I don't think it's fair to blame Xbox as a whole for something that is admittedly a difficult situation to handle. That's it.

Beth Cyra

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Ya know I had hoped that the English response would at least play dumb and do the right thing if only to save face....

Really regret my Series S pre order and may just cancel it too. Fricken a.

Dec 4, 2017
Brazil
72c.jpg

Ha

Last edited:

Rurunaki

Oct 27, 2017
I meant Xbox Brasil couldn't know those assholes would start to say racist shit before they did. I would never defend those people. The whole point is that I don't think it's fair to blame Xbox as a whole for something that is admittedly a difficult situation to handle. That's it.
What?! They were at it for years. Xbox only did something about it because major outlets were finally reporting. They cultivated that shit because that's where their fan base were. They promoted Mil Grau and you're fooling yourself with the "how could they possibly know"

MechaJackie

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
Sure sounds more like your whole point is that you don't want Xbox to take any blame for their own actions.

SoundCheck

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
MilGrau joking about a Black leftist murder back in 2018. They didn't know my ass
EZsc749XgAEaPBd.jpg

Deleted member 57361

Banned
Jun 2, 2019
The videos that were compiled about them is not something from just this year, is from a couple of years. Also, these same people always influence their followers to harass journalists here. Just because they weren't saying racist stuff does it means that Xbox Brasil should just ignore? They were using their brand to promote this. It's so hard to understand?

OP
OP
Marossi

Marossi

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
How hard is it to denounce a account that is the biggest using your brand and being officialy endorsed that spews racism, homophobia, sexism and harassment? XMG has been active for the entire generation, let's not act that they suddenly turned crazy alt-right fucks. From the beginning they always were toxic as fuck and Xbox Brasil endorsed it.

Prime2

Oct 25, 2017
Genuinely curious what more they can do, the harassment went on for months and is the second person in the job to be be threatened etc. The MS PR seems to say they won't be replacing them in the company and will just use Xbox wire in future for PR with no actual person being the face of the company there.

Antrax

Oct 25, 2017
They should fire every person in that regional office. Scorched Earth

Then rehire with clear statements about the consequences of allowing this shit to fly

Hey Please

Avenger
Oct 31, 2017
Not America
So the defense is now this:

4ceab919cadcbb221e0c0000

With the distinction of letting someone use the global platform of MS (and Twitter) as a PR person and legitimize and spread their toxic messaging along the way over a significant period of time.

Ragnarsson

Oct 27, 2017
Lisbon, Portugal
Crazy that Microsoft still not doing the right thing wtf what's taking them so long

It's taking them so long because they either don't care about any of this or they actually think they're doing the right thing. They have been condoning this kind of conduct for years, Phil Spencer is still following DEALER on Twitter, so clearly they're okay with amplifying pieces of trash. Frankly, it's just good to know where they stand so I can avoid their products. Fuck Microsoft.

OP
OP
Marossi

Marossi

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Genuinely curious what more they can do, the harassment went on for months and is the second person in the job to be be threatened etc. The MS PR seems to say they won't be replacing them in the company and will just use Xbox wire in future for PR with no actual person being the face of the company there.
Actually being transparent about the situation and not let the toxic fanbase claim "Look, we did it! Harassment works!" would be a good start, if they truly do want a diminishing presence here in Brazil.

Because right now, there's no way to see this other than "Employee hired for not a whole month fired by company for being harassed by the toxic fanbase"

Prime2

Oct 25, 2017
Actually being transparent about the situation and not let the toxic fanbase claim "Look, we did it! Harassment works!" if they truly do want a diminishing presence here in Brazil.

Because right now, there's no way to see this other than "Employee fired by company for being harassed by the toxic fanbase"

That toxic fanbase still thrives even now after a pretty public outcry about them, if anything it made them more well known.

Deleted member 57361

Banned
Jun 2, 2019
A simple tweet from Phil Spencer naming these people and saying they and their fans don't represent the views of Xbox would be enough. But I think it's too hard for him to acknowledge this on his platform when he has more important things to do, like interact with TimDog and other console warriors.

Minthara

Freelance Market Director
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Montreal
They should fire every person in that regional office. Scorched Earth

Then rehire with clear statements about the consequences of allowing this shit to fly

As has been discussed in this thread over multiple pages, that problematic office is just a symptom of a larger problem with the Xbox team doing a subpar job of getting their community and regularly signal boosting and giving gifts to horrible people.

SpaceCrystal

Banned
Apr 1, 2019
The only realistic way to push a corporation to action.
have to be a bigger and bigger story this close to a console launch. maybe then they will be forced to act.

Pretty much. None of this companies act unless they're forced due public pressure

Hopefully even more sites report on this. There needs to be pressure.

This is a disgrace and the fact MS is letting it continue to fester is disgusting. Just why the fuck can't they come out with a statement AND denounce all the bullshit that is going on? Heck Phil and whoever is at the top need to do something and fix what ever is going on at Xbox Brazil. This has gone on for far enough.

It shouldn't even have to take public pressure for a corporation do the right thing & avoid bad PR. It's just outright stupid as fuck.

Dude, C'mon.

Last edited:

Mike Works

Oct 28, 2017
Ok, let's assume Microsoft is telling the truth and that she was let go simply because they were restructuring and downsizing her department. Let's say that's completely true.

A bunch of reports then come out that she was sexually harassed and intimidated online. Stories and international attention come from it. The spotlight gets put on how shitty her tenure was, partially due in part to a lack of support.

Maybe.

Just maybe.

You hire her back and do a better job, creating a win out of this scenario.

Or you do the complete opposite and look like incredible bastards what do I know

MechaJackie

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
Ok, let's assume Microsoft is telling the truth and that she was let go simply because they were restructuring and downsizing her department. Let's say that's completely true.

A bunch of reports then come out that she was sexually harassed and intimidated online. Stories and international attention come from it. The spotlight gets put on how shitty her tenure was, partially due in part to a lack of support.

Maybe.

Just maybe.

Or you do the complete opposite and look like incredible bastards what do I know
Yeah. Even more, let's say they're 100% telling the truth, are they that fucking oblivious to what it would fucking look like firing her under these circumstances? Are they that fucking incompetent?

--R

Being sued right now, please help me find a lawyer
Oct 25, 2017

Maybe.

Just maybe.

That would mean MS having to admit they were wrong, though.

Dec 4, 2017
Brazil
jbtPoWi.png

z3iW1ZE.jpg

www.resetera.com

Era, help me report this to MS [UP: Mil Grau forced to remove Xbox branding]

Update 05--06-2020 (06-05-2020): Twitch: ban, Twitter: everything erased, YT: no more monetization, Facebook: Gone. We*** Update 03-06-2020 (or 06-03-2020) They are now using the name: "Not-Playstation Mil Grau" and searching for old tweets that could proof that others did the same things...
Kotaku said:
This isn't the first time Microsoft has had to contend with its own toxic fans in Brazil. Back in June, Vice reported that Microsoft officially distanced itself from a group known as "Xbox Mil Grau" after public outcry about Mil Grau's racist, sexist, and transphobic behavior online. Despite its reputation, Mil Grau enjoyed a relationship with Microsoft that, according to Brazilian gaming journalist Bruna Penilhas, gave members opportunities to join Xbox head Phil Spencer on stage during an Xbox Brazil presentation and even be flown to E3 2018 by Mixer, the now-defunct Microsoft streaming platform.
kotaku.com

Xbox Brazil Host Says She Was Let Go In Part Due To Fan Harassment, Though Microsoft Denies

Last Friday, Xbox Brazil video host Isadora Basile announced that Microsoft had severed ties with her. In a tweet, she said she’d been regularly harassed by members of the local Xbox community since being hired in early September, and that that mistreatment was part of the decision to end her...

Redbarrel

Sep 10, 2020