• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Dec 4, 2017
Brazil
lol you criticize the mods, so they look into your post history and find some things to pin on ya. What a genuine load of bullshit. If they had multiple posts of racism and sexism, why the hell weren't they banned before? What's that got to do with insulting the mods and the post they made? Using racism as a way to more easily justify banning someone because they criticized you is so cynical. "Oh you've made a bunch of racist and sexist comments, but insulting me? Modwhining? Now you've done it. Multiple. Serious. Bans."

When the poster in question is explicitly talking about feeling silenced by American voices, in a thread where everyone is going "fuck Brazilians am i right?", could we maybe try not to explicitly silence the voices of those personally affected?
I gave up complaining about the third world thing after this happened so I guess its all according to keikaku

ManOfWar

Jan 6, 2020
Brazil

Here.

O Tecnoblog questionou a Microsoft sobre o contrato com a GMD, agência responsável pela criação e produção de conteúdo audiovisual de Xbox no Brasil. A empresa informou que não vai se pronunciar sobre o assunto.

"Tecnoblog questioned Microsoft about its contract with GMD, agency responsible for creation and production of Xbox audio and video content in Brazil. The company said it wasn't going to talk about the subject".

MechaJackie

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
One of the Brazilian tech news site asked Microsoft if they would continue with their social media partner on Friday. To me, looks like they aren't, which would explain the silence, which is higly unusual for such high profile brand as Xbox, specially here in Brazil where they have a much bigger presence than PlayStation and Nintendo.

Maybe there is more to it than Isadora's to this, or the breake up happened suddenly as a result of the way she was dismissed (with no plan B in place, would explain the silence). Also, it's important to bear in mind that she could very well be employed by this social media agency. But we'll probably never know for sure.
I don't think there is an Xbox Brazil anymore.... from reading their tweet it seems they are getting translated media releases and that's it which I don't think they need a Brazil office to do
Yeah... Xbox Wire new posts are just translations from the main USA page, maybe XboxBR indeed does not exist anymore? Or at least not in the same size/way that it used to?

ManOfWar

Jan 6, 2020
Brazil
I wish more journalist had addressed the same way
É uma boa matéria, detalhada, confesso que estou surpreso

Yep, they went far beyond what others reported, even far more "relevant" outlets were satisfied with just Isadora's post and MS PR. Tecnoblog doing this is indeed surprising.

Yeah... Xbox Wire new posts are just translations from the main USA page, maybe XboxBR indeed does not exist anymore? Or at least not in the same size/way that it used to?

Plausible. Sony (TV and sound business), plus a other companies, recently decided to leave this country (who can blame them?). Maybe Microsoft is doing the same with its gaming branch.

On the other hand, doing this right on the eve of a next generation launch is very strange.

Last edited:

Kaloskatoa

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
User Banned (permanent): Troll account, blatantly lying about reports
I remember I reported dude who legit called out international intervention in brazil because of the amazon rainforest. Not even warned. Another dude literally said "lets annex the amazon", nope, thats all okay behavior. Its ok to outright advocate for imperialism here. I'm not surprised

riq

Feb 21, 2019
It isn't enough for them to kill off XboxBR. That would make so that there's no official Xbox voice in Brasil, opening the market for "parallel" representatives.
If there's no official representation, doesn't Mil Grau become the biggest personality with any affinity to the Xbox fanbase?

There needs to be an Xbox Brasil, and it needs to not suck.

FormatCompatible

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I remember I reported dude who legit called out international intervention in brazil because of the amazon rainforest. Not even warned. Another dude literally said "lets annex the amazon", nope, thats all okay behavior. Its ok to outright advocate for imperialism here. I'm not surprised
What the fuck is wrong with those people, so gross. And please don't tell me they also were "making self-deprecating jokes".

Amnixia

▲ Legend ▲
The Fallen
Jan 25, 2018
No, at least recently America has been going the opposite direction rather quickly. I think it's an insult to developing nations to include the United States among their ranks.

More then offending them by projecting very real cultural problems onto them and try and act as if we're better?

Deleted member 16908

Oct 27, 2017
They have to address this soon, right?

..right?

Snormy

I'll think about it
On Break
Oct 25, 2017
Morizora's Forest
For the record we've addressed the recon_zero_ post here. Long story short, that member is from a Spanish-speaking South American country where "third world" doesn't usually carry pejorative connotations, so it wasn't actioned at first. We were able to consult with Brazilian staff today and a ban was applied for inflammatory generalizations.

Just so we're clear, we checked the logs, and this is a lie. This is the one and only report this account has ever made. The reason we look at histories is because sometimes when you see gross things like this and sketchy things like this it's hard to believe this person is posting in good faith. Now, if we could all remain on topic, that'd be great.

Deleted member 1476

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Just so we're clear, we checked the logs, and this is a lie. This is the one and only report this account has ever made. The reason we look at histories is because sometimes when you see gross things like this and sketchy things like this it's hard to believe this person is posting in good faith. Now, if we could all remain on topic, that'd be great.

Those things about the Amazon did happen though, and no one got even a warning.

Proof here:

impingu1984 said:
Well let's annex the Amazon from Brazil and make it a international conservation area... With no nation having any claim over and ensure it looked after and cared for..

It's not your problem then ..

www.resetera.com

Bolsonaro: 'the Amazon is ours' and calls deforestation data 'lies', brexit 'the will of the people'.

Well let's annex the Amazon from Brazil and make it a international conservation area... With no nation having any claim over and ensure it looked after and cared for.. It's not your problem then ..

Plenty more there and in another threads like the one about "would military intervention be alright to protect the amazon?"

I'm not saying this exact poster was right, but can't go around saying that didn't happen, because it did.

Richter1887

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
And XboxBR's twitter account broke their silence! To tweet about a Fallout discount...

GracefulEvilBlackandtancoonhound-size_restricted.gif

IGN Report with Microsoft Official Statement

Mecha

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Honduras

Yeah, fuck them.

MS official statement on the matter:
"We do not tolerate harassment or disrespectful behavior of any kind and we took action to support Isadora when personal attacks against her were brought to our attention. Last week's programming changes are unrelated. They are the direct result of our ongoing effort to reach more players in more languages with the real-time news and comprehensive information available from our global news outlet, Xbox Wire."

OP
OP
Marossi

Marossi

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, fuck off Microsoft. It's obvious that Xbox Global doesn't care anymore for their image here in Brazil, they prefer to stick with the toxic fanbase than to do the right thing.

Disgusting.

OP
OP
Marossi

Marossi

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Like, who the fuck Microsoft thinks they are fooling?

They literally hired her SEPTEMBER, not even a WHOLE month before dismissing her and saying "It had nothing to do with her, we're going through an major restructuring on how we deliver content to Brazil"

So why bother even hiring her in the first place????

Digusting, fucking disgusting.

I need to step away and take a breath.

ManOfWar

Jan 6, 2020
Brazil
Like, who the fuck Microsoft thinks they are fooling?

They literally hired her SEPTEMBER, not even a WHOLE month before dismissing her and saying "It had nothing to do with her, we're going through an major restructuring on how we deliver content to Brazil"

So why bother even hiring her in the first place????

Digusting, fucking disgusting.

I need to step away and take a breath.

It's always a great marketing strategy to lower your presence right on the eve of your biggest launch in years.

Richter1887

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
@ Microsoft
200.gif

Fuck Microsoft. It is clear they are trying to sweep this under the rug.

Edit: I didn't mean to quote you. Sorry about that.

Bucéfalo

Banned
May 29, 2020
Wtf is even going at Microsoft. Is it true that these decisions were made with top management beneplacit?

And then Phil Spencer and Aaron Greenberg fueling homophobic and toxic """influencers""". They need to go ASAP.

Fuck them all, so disgusting.

Phellps

Oct 25, 2017
Then why fire her? That just sounds like bullshit
That was my first reaction too.

"We're trying to reach people in different languages, so we decided to fire our Brazilian host and effectively cut down our local team, so now you have to just go watch shit in English regardless"

Nice.

MechaJackie

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
They went and said the same thing they did last time. So, "Xbox Wire becomes our only source for news" ok then, but the twitter and facebook accounts are still active and posting, they just twitted some news about a free play day or something just a few minutes ago, so what changed? Because they're implying that they're going through some restructuring in how they communicate, and that they're going to push Xbox Wire, that's what they keep saying, but besides those few days of silence it really doesn't seem like anything actually changed, besides them firing Isadora Basile and some unnamed agency (unclear what even is up with that).
Haee pointed out that they hired her not even a full month ago, like, Xbox just seems like a complete mess.
Then why fire her? That just sounds like bullshit
Exactly right? Why fire her? They want us to believe these PR statements about focusing on Xbox Wire, and how they are doing it to reach more players and whatever, but the only thing that seems to have changed is that they fired her after not properly supporting here.

The real problem is that Xbox continues to refuses to address the shitty toxic community it has built in Brazil, and that it has just empowered them even more with this latest bullshit. They tell us it's a change in communication strategy, but the only thing we have seen so far is that they fired the employee who has been harassed by the community they built, and everything else they told us just seems like complete bullshit or is already shown to be complete bullshit. If they're in fact cutting down on their presence in Brazil, and then keep releasing these bullshit PR statements to not say it outright, then they're fucking themselves over even more for even stupider reasons.

Fuck Xbox.
majornelson

Mecha

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Honduras

"At the end of the day, it seems I became too much of a problem," Basile explained to Kotaku via email. She said that she had been supported by Xbox Brazil during some tough times, but understood that her dismissal was partially informed by fan abuse.

"Thanks to all these harassments, Microsoft decided that it was for the best [to] sever ties with me as a host, so I wouldn't be more exposed to situations like these. I respect the decision made by Microsoft. My love for them will be the same as always."

Basile told Kotaku this week that she was informed of her contract termination during a call with representatives from her talent agency and Microsoft Brazil. Her work had been contracted through the agency and going well by her estimation, but she was told Microsoft was changing course. She understood that the decision was at least partially driven by an initiative announced in August by the Xbox team at Microsoft's US headquarters to shift regional communication to the centralized Xbox Wire information channel.

Hey Please

Avenger
Oct 31, 2017
Not America

Yeah, fuck them.

MS official statement on the matter:

Yet again a good reminder that corporations are not your friends and no matter how personable certain individuals from a company makes your acquaintance, they ultimate serve a larger 'lowest risks for the highest profit' corporation. It is transparent AF why Isadora was let go- It was far less risky to let go of one person instead of inflame a group of "gamers" who contribute to the revenue stream, status quo of toxicity be damned.

The only reason why these companies act like they care here is because the larger consensus lies with progressive values. So MS (and others) pushing for progressive changes both internally and externally in places like EU and NA is less about being a vanguard of social justice and more about the optics of not looking socially antiquated compared to the present zeitgeist.

FormatCompatible

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
That was my first reaction too.

"We're trying to reach people in different languages, so we decided to fire our Brazilian host and effectively cut down our local team, so now you have to just go watch shit in English regardless"

Nice.
Not only that but firing her in the middle of her being harassed by a bunch of incel chuds. Great work with the reaching out there Microsoft.